The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: Spider mom got rekt, people started posting their templates for the sheet then nothing else of merit happened as the rest of the thread turned into an arguement.

Previous thread: Writefagging last time:
Cathar manages to make Spider Mom seem sympathetic REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2HhfP9vFbls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Am I the only person who thinks Rinara needs to be nixed?

No. I think even Vronak agreed it was a mistake.

Yep. Don't get drunk and flake, my friends.

Alright, so Tyry is finally to the point I like him, got a short shift today but the updated Man-Whore Elf Archetype Flake should be up by the end of today.

An innocent question for you.

Why have you decided to make so many unrelated flakes? Like, I understand people who make cycles whether it's for a theme or just for completeness but why make so many completely unconnected flakes?

Serena. Tell me what you think about my last flake for a while. I'm going to take at least a week off from making flakes. Maybe longer if I decide to writefag some more.

Because I enjoy character creation. It's my favorite part of roleplaying when I used to do it a lot when I was younger. I love making back stories to characters.

Spider mom is VERY sympathetic, thank you very much. She was just a down-on-her-luck middle-aged single farmer mom who got caught in between two warring factions and lost her kids. Her spark ignited, and she wandered a desert for 3 days. When she happened upon a genie and begged him to help her, he instead twisted her words and cast a spell that perverted her mind and body. She was undeniably driven insane against her will. Then she died horribly after being forced to kill the creatures that she'd imprinted upon as her new children. I'd say that's pretty darn sympathetic.

Spider mom dindu nothin'. RIP

Mommy Spider-butt is best spooder.

Doesn't matter if she was sympathetic or not she was an abomination who stole children. For her own good and the good of everyone, she had to be put down.

Praise be to Doomguy, the hero this franchise/snowstorm needs!

What villainflake should the Cathar slay next?

Vronak or Jakrol

Rinara.

Serena :^)

You cannot slay that which does not exist.

Trips checked. How does one slay the unslayable?

>My snowflake is still around
>I haven't been ITT since the thread I made it in
How long do you keep snowflakes around after they're made? Forever?

Kinda looks like Lady Death.

Does that mean that Graveborn rides her all throughout the Blind Eternities?

Yes.

For. Ev. Er.

What about going around and clearing out Spider Mom's broods on all the planes she's been?

Damnit, Meatball Head.

Let's have a vote for top three villain flakes of the storm. Who are they and why did you pick the ones you did.

If you pick your own flakes, give adequate justification.

Reposting for new thread, new flake I made. Poor little blue mage stranded on Innistrad with no idea of how to planeswalk.

Will, because of ic fucking ruining shit, and ooc for the shit that went down when Flakepoint was announced even if he wasn't really responsible.

And here's my second ever flake, Maxwell the Magnificent! Coming soon to a plane near you!

Hey, I kind alike it, you know? I'd actually like if there was a bit more on him in the bio and about his aims.
Only thing is, you should cancel the color that he doesn't use from the wheel near the character portrait. I guess he is BR right?

Yesh, UR, I meant.

Heyo Murdock, I want to rp with you later.

are we talking biggest villains overall or biggest villains to your flake?

overall: Will because of time bullshit and Bolas-level manipulation, Vronak because of his BBEG tendency of reanimation, and the alt-timeline Messenger who went plane to plane searching and converting all into glorious Myr.

personally: Unit 4, because fuck New Phyrexia, Makayel for the same reason, and Thyranno because she needs some love (hate because of conflict?) as a villain.

actually, after I finish what I'm writing now I might start a Nishal/Iosha vs. Thyranno thing if Thyranno-user is around and okay with that.

As the cathar user, sorry about causing an argument. I was just goofing around.

Just throwing this out there. I'm cool with the death that Momma got. It was appropriate to her character and coated itself with a bit of sympathy. It was nicely done, and I might expand it into a full writefagging one day.

Ok, that is all. Please continue with your regularly scheduled thread.

Shit. I knew I fucked something up. Here, fixed.

His current aim is very "do not starve to death", but the end goal is "become famous performer, take bow, retire as millionaire with lots and lots of gold.

Nice 'n simple. Short 'n sweet. I like him. You planning on doing any little writefaggings about his adventures?

Perhaps. Depends on how much Leon's stuff takes up my time.

What is the probability that Gaia likes feet?

Stop. Please.

Looking after her motherly nature, a pregnancy fetish is more likely.

Hey Nishal user, what do you think about this?

Looking at her history, a fetish for perfectly happy, healthy, normal, stable family relationships that inevitably fall to tragedy is likely what she has.

Given Spider Mom and Gaia, I would be tempted to say that she views motherhood as an impending tragedy rather than a fetish.

seems neat, but I'd like to see it pushed more in a written medium than a comic.

I was actually planning on writing a thing where timeshifted versions of Nishal and Iosha fought the vanilla versions, so that's cool to see it echoed in that!

According to Freudian doctrine, that implies some level of sexual infatuation.

And you would be correct. What could possibly be attractive about a bloodsucking little mound of parasitic flesh that has been warping and disfiguring your body for the last 9 suddenly tearing its way out of your wrecked and bloody vagina, screaming all the way? And then said mound of parasitic flesh continues to leech of of you, your livelihood, and your sanity for the next twenty years, ruining any chance you had for an independent and free life.

No thank you.

Surprise, I had time after all. Here's Maxwell trying not to starve to death.

So in other worlds, the sight of a pregnant woman makes your genitals go all tingly?

You'd be a great mom.

If by that you mean my face blanches in utter terror, then yes.

Why not both?

You're strange.

Emotions are complex, repulsion is usually accompanied by fascination.

>You'd be a great mom
You offering?

>comic
It's a screenplay because it's supposed to be a set trailer.

Stop hitting on anons please, and stop asking about their fetishes.

You ain't alone, friendo.
Any desire to have children is crushed under emotional issues and not wanting to fuck up another generation with family issues.

Serena's obviously a size queen.

I mean I was a kid once and I don't want to deal with a little me, ever.

Who isn't?

Hey, is Will user around?

I can safely say I was kind of terrible until about 20.

Hey, flakers. What team of five flakes do you think could beat the Jacetice League?

I hate you.

Did I make you laugh? Heheh.

For some reason, this made me laugh really hard.

>Razorcock not on the list
He could beat them all alone.

I seriously thought about adding him. But, as I see it he doesn't work well with others.

Hey Gaia, what flake will you make to replace Spider Mom now she's dead?

I just missed the word "laugh" the first time I read this and I thought "of course it would. "

Timeshifted Spider Mom. She's probably WG, and never got forcibly mutated into a spider. The genie wasn't an ass, and actually gave her a to-be-determined power that DIDN'T warp her mind and make her want to collect orphans like beanie babies.

He's the Green Ranger, but then he's the White Ranger, until he becomes the Black Ranger and mentor of his own team.

>"Don't be swayed by the dark side, man!...Well, again!"

Exile and counterspells

Interesting. Any ideas on what that power might be? She's getting white instead of black, so maybe she's made an angel?

do we have a Centaur walker yet? I know GW is a good Centaur colour, and you get to keep with the leg thing you had going

Why not a Centaur Angel? That would clearly be the upper body and wings of an angel on the body of a pegasus.

So Spider Mom is going to be Horse Mom now?

stahp, that's my fetish.

So Kaya is going to take Spidy Mom's place as resident BUG baddie? Cool with me.

Literally this.

>Jakrol
Ohey, someone mentioned one of my flakes.
Look out for that guy. He's not just a cruel brute. He's a clever, cruel brute. And he's not afraid to hurt himself to hurt you.

He's fairly uninteresting though, otherwise. Honestly, I imagine him as being that one guy at the bar that everyone knows not to take his seat, or even sit near him. They know he's bad news from experience, so it's best to just leave him alone and hope you never run into him in a dark alley.

Stop right there
I have a flakesheet for a centaur(ish) character all nice and ready to be posted when this snowstorm bites the dust

I reckon she's gonna get on fine with the SCIENCE crew, especially Delver...dya geddit, it's cos they're both BUGs?

So in other words, she's the Cathar's next target. He absolutely rekt a huge drider with babies in tow. How will a blind autistic scientist fight him off?

Good luck with that. None of that has ever worked before.

Get hypnotized, casul

Ugh, so my computer shit itself and now all I can use is Notepad and Chrome. Would it be possible to ask for help with Flake sheets?

>None of that has ever worked before
What, lore-wise? Sure I guess. In game? Planeswalker removal is the hot new shit nowadays.

Sure. Do what I did. Just listen to some music until you're inspired.

Ohhohoho! What's this? A way to best the infamous Belloski? Surely you jest!

>when this snowstorm bites the dust

Ah! Ah! AAAAHHHHH!
youtube.com/watch?v=2HhfP9vFbls

Yep.
>Turn 1
>Mountain
>Play Lightning Bolt for 3
>Turn 2
>Swamp
>Dreadbore

Your opponent could start with a Planeswalker in play and it'd be dead within two turns.

What? Making a character before I do? Well jokes on you, I'm still gonna make it unless you do it with the character pic I chose

>They imprison Emmy in the moon
But won't her influence over Innistrad remain? People were going mad before she even got there.

>Write about my snowflakes and risk drawing attention to them. If they do garner popularity, this will inevitably lead to memes and smut, as with all of the other 'popular' flakes.
>Don't write about my snowflakes or elaborate on them and leave them as concepts on their character sheets, while keeping them pure and untainted by the smut and meme nonsense.

Difficult decision. At this point, I think I'm leaning towards the latter. I'm not really fond of seeing products of my imagination get perverted and that's even if they draw enough attention for that.

No, I mean my computer isn't letting me load the flake sheet, much less edit. I have multiple characters, but they lack sheets.

I'm still looking, honestly. Post your pic and I'll be sure to avoid it. In the end, I may just draw what I want.

Yeah, lore-wise it doesn't seem to pan out well for removal. And when it comes to cars-wise, the players are the Planeswalkers, and removal doesn't really help against a turn 1 Griselbrand.

All kinds of things can wreck planeswalkers in lore these days though. Jace the Idiot almost gets killed by Varolz during the RtR block novels. He had to get saved by Emmara.

I want Innistrad to become Noir and Victorian Horror so bad

It's fine. Besides, I don't have it on my phone.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to draw her. I have a design in mind.

DIOMEDES beats Vronak because DIOMEDES wins all battles. DIOMEDES is above failure.

Aaaand here's a real quick pen sketch of said design.

>>inevitably lead to memes and smut
I wrote one thing once with the permission of both people involved. There's nothing inevitable about smut being created or your characters becoming perverted without your consent. The chance of that happening is literally zero.