/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Canis Root Tea Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus or husbandos except for Master Neloth.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
youtube.com/watch?v=D_x-x0gawck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Somewhat in theme with the edition, share your knowledge of Tamriellic cuisine, even if it's a small tidbit mentioned by an NPC or in a book.

Red Kitchen Reader is an obvious one. A Dance in Fire mentions Jagga and Rotmeth, Bosmeri alcoholic drinks made with fermented pig milk and fermented meat juices, respectively.

Nordic Ale (The Brand, not every ale from Skyrim) is illegal in most places in the empire, very dangerous, and gives the impression that your tounge, throat, and stomach are all on fire.

what do they do to flin to eliminate the bad side effects, its like getting drunk with no hangover.

It's just Maptools, a virtual tabletop software.
We were using it to play Scrollhammer, which is a tabletop wargame based off TES. Ended up being an annihilation match between a Dunmeri army and a Khajiiti army.

Province: Cyrodiil's worldbuilding is so fucking based.

>Scrollhammer
I've been on-and-off working on a Dark Elf WHFB/AoS army designed to look like Dunmer, should I look into this?

>not changing the names of real world alcohols
>kirsch is the german word for cherry
>calvados is a place in france

>Bretons

keeping the same name for things named after real locations in fantasy is still in poor taste imho

I'd say it's worth a look.
It's not entirely finished, but it's perfectly playable, and has a ton of armies.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition

Agreed, but there's precedent in the series and it's pretty well disguised imo

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50995/?

Might as well post this again, new UMSO is up, with the old versions' bugs fixed(it's likely there will be new ones). It's a requiem-style redo of the game that keeps things as vanilla as possible, think the Skyrim equivalent of Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.

How is Scrollhammer doing right now? I really should get working on it again, lots of armies probably need codexes.

Is the current system satisfactory, or would it be better to switch over to using Age of Sigmar as the core rules?

>>How is Scrollhammer doing right now?
That's probably a better question for Duke.

>Is the current system satisfactory, or would it be better to switch over to using Age of Sigmar as the core rules?
Again, that isn't in any regard up to me, but I don't see any reason for that. The current core system seems fine to me, based of my admittedly limited playtime.
As someone who hasn't had a lot of prior wargame experience (always been more into rpgs), I quite liked it.

It's me btw, forgot my trip.

I played it too when Duke first wrote it up, and enjoyed it a lot.

I'll look it over and see what's new.

Sweet, I'll check it out. Thanks for the link and pdf

fuck it, I'm in

Could you not?

Do tripcodes trigger you?

Sload caused Thrassian Plague to overload the Dreamsleeve with souls of the dead and drown the whole Tamriel in Memery so they can successfully colonize it.
This is now canon.

Sload are pretty much the Tamriel version of planned parenthood, they literally kill their larva and sell their guts as soap

Sloads' lack of morality and overall outlook on life make them one of my favorite Elder Scrolls races. They are all about planning and efficiency and I can appreciate that.

Oh shit, I forgot to check the previous thread; hopefully someone will be kind enough to repeat themselves if my questions was answered:

I will be playing an alchemist in UESRPG and I was wondering if I need alchemist tools because in the book the only things I found for making potions was vials and ingredients. So do I not need mortar etc? Because I didn't find them in the items section, looked through all the tables.

Any help would be appreciated

Alchemy in UESRPG is super abstracted right now, with the most obvious example being ingredients. This is another example of that trend. If I were you, I'd shell out for some "Craft Tools" and just say that those are your alembic etc.

>super abstracted

Are you saying there are no rules for individual ingredients yet? I assume a competent GM would make sure the players know that nirnroots, fire salts and whatever else are not interchangeable and if they try to make a potion with weird stuff then weird stuff will happen.

Really? That sounds cool. Where did you find this?
From dialogue in Morrowind, Muck is in fact a food. I imagine it's pretty good for fiber.
Trauma Root tea is a thing, and is evidently very relaxing.
Slaughter fish scales are a nice and crunchy snack when prepared properly.
Ash salts can be used in cooking.
Ash yams are very acrid unless cooked right.
Kwama eggs are eaten all over, and due to how large they are and how long they last, they're probably the protein equivalent of Hardtack. Or Jerky, considering that's the real life equivalent.
Scrib jelly is very acrid and only eaten by locals the same way old Norwegian men might eat Lutefisk.
The alchemical properties of certain ingredients is hinted in dialogue normally.

Hm, thanks, might do
Yeah no, there is just "ingredients" and they have a magicka pool. The more expensive the ingredients are, the more magicka they will have. I can kinda understand why they made it that way, since actually making a list of all the ingredients and what they do would be unmeasurable levels of autism no sane player would delve into. But it's very weird that there are no "tools" needed for making potions

>Muck is in fact a food

Elves, everyone. Literally eating muck from the fetid bottoms of swamps.

>not eating shit from giant land sponges
Pleb.

As a nordaboo, I gotta give dunmer credit for managing to survive on Vvardenfell.

It comes from Mucksponges, actually, and are farmed regularly and not only used for food, but also used in folk remedies to cure diseases.

Where as Nords just eat cabbage and have to shell out 300 septims to cure their diseases if they don't live next door to a temple.

Nords don't have to worry about Blight tho.

Have you ever dealt with chronic constipation?

Eating muck is a small price to pay for not having your asshole torn asunder daily.

Neither do the Dunmer who live where Muck is farmed.

Also, that would be Scrib Jelly and Ash Salts.

From the Frostcrag Spire DLC in Oblivion.

Hell of a hangover.

Excepr C-racers, rats and foragers spread the Blight everywhere anyway.

Sanguine would approve.

Speaking of Dunmer farming, any chance of seeing House Dres?
>Plantation and slave owning Dunmer aristocrats

Dunmer rednecks WHEN

>How is Scrollhammer doing right now?
Not 100% dead anymore, but more than a few parts of the book need to be rewritten and reordered. Going to release an update later today most likely.

>I really should get working on it again, lots of armies probably need codexes.
Not as many as you might think, but it's missing some fluff text for Bosmer units, and some of the more esoteric armies could be represented.

>Is the current system satisfactory
Improving slowly. Been fun to use so far.

> This is a thing

Dunmer Rednecks already. Go to any rural area.

>A poison plant, a daedra heart, a tomato and a herb makes for an excellent potion

Would you like any sort of help?

>ESO
Maybe, but hopefully not.

Kwama cuttle is a wax-like substance from kwama foragers, it's dunmer equivalent of cheese

Writing fluff text for units that are missing it, or rewriting some of the fluff text that reads strangely would be pretty helpful. Or brainstorming what units might be in missing armies, and what units might be currently missing. Pointing out units that should be stronger or weaker relative to others. Biggest help would be playtesting.

My main goal with Scrollhammer is to keep the number of unique rules for armies low (but have as many global special characteristics as needed), keep it simple and small scale. Units like Ash Vampires or Dragon Priests should probably be solo-model armies and get their own special scenarios and maps. Those would be over 100 points and have a bunch more special stuff.

I have two questions. First, how and when did Cyrodiil gain this area from the Black Marsh and Elseweyr?
Second, is there a definite map of what land the Bosmer consider part of the green pact, and thus unaccessible for Imperial colonization?

I dream of an era where Cyrodiil swallows everything southwards.

AFAIK it's only Bosmer that have to honor the green pact, so they actually let non-bosmer cut down their trees for buildings and bows.

>"Lorkhan is Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time is the Missing God of Change." - Kirkbride
I still don't get this.
When exactly did they become the same being? None of the flow charts clear that up.

>Elsweyr's overall territory, however, has not increased, due to a border arrangement which was not in that nation's favor. In the east, the long disputed border with the Cyrodilic County Leyawiin was recently resolved in Cyrodiil's favor, after an agreement between the current Mane and the Count of Leyawiin.
No idea about the eastern Trans-Niben.

>First, how and when did Cyrodiil gain this area from the Black Marsh and Elseweyr?
The Trans-Niben was stolen from it's rightful Khajiiti masters, likely sometime in the early fifth century of the third era.

>Second, is there a definite map of what land the Bosmer consider part of the green pact, and thus unaccessible for Imperial colonization?
The entirety of Valenwood. The Imperials have attempted colonisation regardless.

>I dream of an era where Cyrodiil swallows everything southwards.
Back off, Cyrod scum.

No, the Bosmer get pretty livid about Khajiiti logging in Valenwood. Which is probably why the Mane lives in a palace complex made of the finest Valenwood Oak.

I think the entirety of the Trans-Niben was under loose Khajiiti control, possibly during/following the Simulacrum.

At this point, reaching to make TES lore more convoluted is masturbatory.

Hey Duke! I still have the Falmer codex from a couple years ago, I can update it for the new rules if you'd like.

How close are the core rules to being ready? We should get those working before releasing codexes for artifacts, individual factions, etc. Want to do some rules testing sometime this week?

Trans-Niben, you say?

Can't find his dialogue on the UESP, what does this guy have to say about the Trans-Niben?

>likely sometime in the early fifth century of the third era
It was certainly after the events of Morrowind.

Must st have happened in those few years between the games then.

>not getting the joke

>Back off, Cyrod scum.
Not nescecarily, I just like imperialism and borders shifting.

Yeah, probably at the same time Sutch got CHIMmed out of existence.

-

If I wanted to make a "Mage Slayer" what race would be the way to go?

Breton with the Atronarch sign?

Definitely.

Leyawiin has been a extant human settlement since at least the time of Alessia's rebellion in the early first era.
I don't believe the Blackwood was ever really a part of Argonia.

spoonfeed me

He's a Nibenese man wearing women's clothing.

S/he's a Trans-Niben, you mong.

looks pretty manly to me

Well the games themselves support it subtly so it's not just Kirk talking shit.

Ello. Core rules are pretty close to being ready. At this point it's mostly me just finding out where things are too vague and adding in rules for that. Should also be restructured at some point. Otherwise they're pretty much all there.

I've also got a copy of the codex (before it 404'd), but that's your baby. My main nitpickings with it are that I've been trying to remove redundancy wherever possible- unit special rules are mostly in the global special list, units tend to only get one or two alternate equipment options, armies for the most part should get access to the same spell list, etc. etc. I'll go through the old dex more slowly and see if there's anything else that jumps out we could go over if needed, since this is mostly going off memory.

Testing this week at some point would be neat.

Yeah, it's supposed to be silly. The joke in-game is that it's a really see-through disguise.

You don't happen to butter bread with the wrong end of the knife, do you?

Are you talking shit about manskirts?

ESO is good now desu

I'd totally be up for playtesting, though time zone difference is a bit of an issue most days. Maybe I can rope some other Yuro into playing with me sometime.

Anyway, I had a thought about the rules. Currently, I don't think there's anything that prevents a mounted unit from going to ground. Which means that as things are now, a knight and his horse may jump out of the way of a an attack, throwing themselves prone. And get up again unharmed the next turn.
Is that intentionally possible?

It's also possible for a Rawlith Khaj Dos to throw a unit prone, without this necessarily dismounting them. And the proper title for a martial arts master is Do.

I wish Imperials having purple eyes was still canon.

I've never heard of this.
What source?

Morrowind. One or two of the faces have purple eyes. And it doesn't really look like an error as much as something intentional.

I was under the impression that the Tran-Nibben was a part of the Aylied Empire (given the prescence of ancient Mer Ruins near Leyawiin.)

So It's likely that the Entire region was never really ruled by either the Argonians or Khajiit. It's likely that the Human Rebels simply took up ownership of the region once the Aylieds had been routed.

>armies for the most part should get access to the same spell list

I think not doing that way is a good way to differentiate factions. In the lore, different factions use different styles of magic anyway.

It's definitely not meant to be included in the rulebook, though, it's meant as a longer "complex rules" variant: I could make a simplified version for the core rulebook with all the extra options removed too.

Codus looks like he's about to say some deep shit in that pic.

Have any better pictures of this?

That just looks like dark blue to me. You sure your monitor's not off color-wise?

Seems more like brown than blue to me. I could see purple before blue from that image

Of course. And in different lighting as well.

Still looks purple to me.

>yfw Scooby is an Imperial.

Speak freely, friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=D_x-x0gawck

Obligatory

just gonna slip this in here...

new things:
> grammatical corrections
> 1-2 new boons/flaws
> re-balanced some set boons/flaws
> added first draft of Suthay/Ohmes rules for Khajiit

Still looking for more suggestions for Boons/Flaws, as well as any other ideas.

Did somebody say food?

>I think not doing that way is a good way to differentiate factions.
No, I agree completely, but there's only so many variations of 'Throw fire at someone' that there needs to be. Something that bothered me back in Scrollhammer 1E was how every army had a very similar spell list, with different names, but most of them had the same effect.

Something wherein an army uses the same spell list, but then also have a few unique spells to choose from just for them would be neat. That'd also get rid of most the baggage of a thousand spells doing the same thing.

A lot of that does depend on how large of an addition an army book is, though. A more in depth stand-alone bit on an army would make sense to have some more stuff.

obligatory old meme.

Oh shit, it's dem honey nut treats.

I love dem honey nut treats.

>Apple cinnamon oatmeal & a slice of toast.

Nailed it.

>Currently, I don't think there's anything that prevents a mounted unit from going to ground. Which means that as things are now, a knight and his horse may jump out of the way of a an attack, throwing themselves prone. And get up again unharmed the next turn.
Is that intentionally possible?
Not intentionally possible, I'll fix that and the throwing thing.

I could also maybe run a game earlier in the day, if that'd help. But finding more people would be best.

>Toast

>Not half a loaf of bread

Step it up Elf

That's apple cabbage stew, but the honey nut treat contains oats.

I understand, I love oatmeal as much as you do user.
Yeah, I always loved the idea. It's like something out of a lifestyle magazine. I hope they do more of that in the next games, especially if they do Highrock or Summerset.

Also, hear's something even more mouthwatering.

>Elsweyr Fondue
>Cheese
>Moonsugar
It must be the best food for dem Khadjeets

I donno, I think chocolate fondue would be even better, but cheese does sound good.

Either way, I like to imagine a Khajiit merchant sitting their guest down on cushions to discuss business over some fondue. Super comfy.

Actually the more I think about it, fondue is a terrible food to eat if your face and body are covered in fur.