Veeky Forums vidya

(Keen and all that.)

I got pic related (plus all the other content) in the steam sale.

Also, general Veeky Forums vidya recommendations?

What is your experience with this this game? Are there any must have mods? What is your favorite faction to play?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Dawn_of_War_Mods.
moddb.com/mods/adeptus-mechanicus
dawnofwar.info/
store.steampowered.com/app/373920/
youtu.be/9Z1fET8UEvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4KVPT2WWi3s
youtube.com/watch?v=DEqu2ITiOPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What is your experience with this this game?
Soulstorm was still glitchy as fuck last time I played it. I think that was 2 years ago now?

I love the shit out of this game, especially nowadays with all the mods to add new races to the game. I'm currently running a custom race combiner I made, so I've got pretty much every army from the tabletop in here. You can find a list of good mods for the game here: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Dawn_of_War_Mods.

My favorite faction is probably Tau in the standard game, but I love playing Daemon Hunters and Witch Hunters with mods.

Sega's patched it since then. It's still not the most stable game ever (especially if you use mods), but I rarely run into problems with it these days.

is the mechanicum mod done yet

No, although the AdMech Explorator mod is in beta now: moddb.com/mods/adeptus-mechanicus

Eternal Crusade but it's pre alpha

It's not pre-alpha, it's just alpha.
Pre-alpha is when you build the system, alpha is when you add stuff, and beta is when you polish stuff.

BTW, Eternal Crusade has the best taunts/battlecries. They have a bunch on a per-faction and per-subfaction basis. Here's a few:
>Word Bearers' "Urizen! Urizen! Urizen!"
>Dark Angels' "Never a Caliban again!"
>Eldar Fire Dragons' "Fire purifies, and we have much to make well!"
> I haven't heard any of the orks' ones enough to remember them yet

Oh yeah, Orks and PVE coming to Early Access "soon" (They're already on SOOPAH SECRIT SHHH, so I'd say, maybe two, three weeks?)

I want him to come back Veeky Forums.

For Soulstorm there are at least 10 race mods, ranging from palette swaps (Salamanders, Space Wolves) to "gone the extra mile and kept going" (Thousand Sons).
Also Ultimate Apocalypse which adds the superheavy stuff and Titans.

For DoW2 I don't know what mods there are. I don't know if the game is even moddable to begin with.

>superheavy stuff
>Titans

Hierophants, nothing but Hierophants...

Nids don't have much else in that department, unfortunately. Hierodules don't quite cut it in my opinion.

>(Keen and all that.)

You can take your "Keen" and shove it up your ass.

The best of the few DoW2 mods is the Elite mod. It adds Grey Knights and some new units to the existing factions.

dawnofwar.info/

For soulstorm Ultimate Apocalypse mod is bready gud

Magicka is basically as Veeky Forums as it gets. What's more Veeky Forums than multiplayer wizards with no responsibility? Nothing, I tell you.

Get the mod called Ultimate Apocalypse. Only way I play soulstorm

i play only with destroyer40k cause it feels much more like the first game

Killing Archaon via goblin related Head Trauma is a very special feeling

Ayyyyyy
total warhammers is best played with 5 chicken knights and all the rest as greatswords

Just don't play Magicka 2 , its stinking garbage compared to Magicka 1. Wizard wars are good for somewhat competetive PvP, but Magicka 1 PvE is just so fun that you absolutely have to try it. And to people who don't like magicka I suggest SFDDD+Middle mouse button yourself ;D

I had planned to buy all the Warhammer Games I don't have (Battlefleet Gothic, .....

Holy shit guys, as I was looking up the names of the games I don't have that I just saw this: store.steampowered.com/app/373920/

Its titled Eisenhorn: XENOS

Is this something that there was already a thread about that I just didn't see? Cause I haven't heard of this one yet.

Hello?

Stubbs is a coward and a fool! If you wont serve on the front lines, you will serve on the firing lines! Notice how he flees from the fires of the righteous!
youtu.be/9Z1fET8UEvM

looked up some gameplay and looks like shit

Should I make a thread about it?

youtube.com/watch?v=4KVPT2WWi3s
i think its beta gameplay but just what they were going with is bad

It's shit. Gameplay is abysmal and the visual design is sharply mediocre.

The only good feature of the entire game is the narrator dialogue, nad that is just because it's a decent VA reading Eisenhorn in verbatim segments.

Get Eiseonhorn on tape and you've improved the lot.

It might be an indie studio. Its the only game of thier's on Steam that I can find. So maybe this is their first game and they plan to develop it over time?

> Fully voiced acted, with Mark Strong providing the voice for Eisenhorn.

MIGHTY IS HE.

Fuck off tripfag. I mean, good taste yes, but still.

> Not enjoying Eurojank indie RPGs.

Just started Bound by Flame after playing Mars: War Logs.

How the fuck do you go backwards and make it even jankier goddamn.

I'm intrigued by Technomancer but not sure it's worth the price. Then again, the reviews say they fixed most of the problems from M:WL.

Go home Lady, you are drunk.

My favourite two moments are defending against the Norse raiders as the dorfs by a Peninsula war era square formation, wiping out 2 stacks with barely 100 losses, and getting ambushed by Kholek as the green skins, and giving him such a mauling that he got taken down to 4 units.
The fact that Kholek was the last Lord standing made it even better to promptly slap the shit out of him with Grimgor

Even losing can be fun when you give as good as you get

my favorite is probably playing with an army of high tier dwarf units versus two or three full armies of feral orcs and watching everything they do just be completely uselss and get torn up by hammerers and ironbreaker's blasting charges

why the fuck are the sorrorita fighting the imperial guard?

That's just how Dawn of War is. They're different factions in the campaign, therefore they fight.

Just tried out elite and in my opinion destroyer40k is much much better. Destroyer adds a bunch of new units for each and expands on the DWII feel while going back to DWI for all that goodness. Elite feels like they even more like whats wrong with DWII
Though i do like the units being very fragile because it forces you to micromanage and actually use cover and the Grey Knights are really well done. (destroyer has GK but theyre weak as hell compared to normal space marines)
and Destroyer has vanguard vets that once fully upgraded and put into a group of 2 or 3 become an amazing ball of RIP AND TEAR

The Imperium is feudal. Internecine conflict is frequent. I forget the specific justification for Soulstorm, but it's not atypical.

The justification is "EVERYONE IS A HERETIC!", remember?

No John, you are the heretics

Blood Ravens: Since Davian Thule managed to purge all of Kronus, Boreale had the order to do the same on a entire system since the magpies had also ancient secrets there. Kyras knew he would fuck it up.
Conservators: Vance Stubbs knew the other Imperial forces were commanded by zealots morons (even for 40K standars) and he wasn't willing to accept their bullshit. Also he was quite ambitiuos.
Sororitas: THIS WHOLE LAND IS PLAGUED WITH HERETICS, BURN THEM ALL!!!!!!!

Sisters going "heresy, fuck your shit, have some fire", guard going "oh shit we don't want to hold all this fire".

I'm playing Magicka 2 right now, and it's not great, but it's certainly not nearly as good as Magicka 1. Magicka 1, among other things, had loads of different weapons and items scattered around, no limit on how often you could cast magicks, and a serious plot played extremely wacky/nonserious. It worked.

Magicka 2 definitely has some good bits, but it's like they're trying to turn it into a serious setting; they guilt you for being an irresponsible wizard with no sense of right and wrong, they try to balance shit, put a cooldown on casting of any magics (No call lightning as fast as you can hit FQASA) and there's much less in the way of weapons and staves AFAICT.

And good god the final boss is just insanely frustrating holy shit.

I can't play the Tau, I hate not having turrets. I'm a Guard/Spess mahreen player, myself.

The Solus Project was a pretty fun one - story was good, very pretty and holy shit there's secrets everywhere. You could spend days searching all the nooks and crannies for hidden stuff.

I think it's a great mobile game and the gameplay is good for that. But the PC port doesn't change the gameplay at all, so fuck that shit.

Should have made it a Telltale style game. The combat system is garbage.

Soon this summer there will be a release of a Legion of the Damned mod, stay alert

I would have loved Mass Effect: Inquisitor Edition.

As far as mobile games go, 40k Freeblade isn't bad. The gameplay is overall pretty functional and theres a decent depth of customization options for your Knight.

Armada is fun to play. Just remember - if the Big Red Button is off cooldown for longer than 3 seconds, you're playing it wrong.

>friends are either too poor or not interested
just hulk my ship up senpai

>primitives

But yeah, though SPEHS MUHREENS are kind of ridiculous right now.

FoK is good, it's overhauls the way weapons and armour works to a closer-to-tabletop kind of arrangement, and adds shittons of units, upgrades and abilities while maintaining a sensible, easy to read framework. It's the closest to a faithful translation of the actual game to rts as you can get.

UA is kind of mental, since you can field Imperator titans on maps that are barely larger than the unit is, and has all sorts of inconsistent homebrew shit, but it's FUN! after a fashion. Also having titan bitchfights over a third of the map while the infantry slogs it through artiller fire under their feet is a good feel.

My Battlebarge, the Litany of Litany's Litany, has yet to be destroyed. It's god damned ridiculous how tough it is, especially when combined with the ludicrous assault actions, thunderhawks, bombardment cannons, batteries, boarding torpedoes - the thing is probably the most dangerous single ship in the game right now. Also, 4 extra upgrades thanks to Master of the Forge is hilarious.

Not to mention you can roll out with two. My own Maximum Balance and This Is Fair have more kills between them than all my other fleets total.

Are there any Squat mods?

Paired battlebarges is a dick move of the highest caliber, but hell if it isn't effective - I tossed shield transfer, the shield invuln, fighter launch and augur disruptor on each one. That way they can support each other to the best effect.

I've had great success pairing the variants together - the torp-armed barge gets in quick and dirty, while the lance variant hangs back slightly, getting some volleys off before mixing it up. Probably be better to have two torp barges, but I like variety.

I run with two torp ones, purely for the simple joy of hitting a big ship with enough assault actions for the messages to flash for the entire duration of the battle.

>I hate not having turrets
Tau have the best fucking turrets in the game, c'mon the XV88 are glorious.

I've spent an unhealthy amount of time in the Army Painter. I wish I liked DoWII, but I don't like the change in gameplay and the lack of Dark Eldar.

Am I the only one that preferred the gameplay of II?
I liked cover being objects on the map instead of just being a random crater, I liked that the scale being a bit smaller meant the choices you made in terms of unit composition had more bearing on how you dealt with enemies.
I also loved how it wasn't about build orders. It was about outwitting your enemy to gain map dominance or to simply crush them.
I also like playing nids.

Nope, I liked 2 quite a bit. Still play Retribution's campaign with friends every now and then.

I also highly recommend Sins of a Solar Empire if you want a 4X-Lite kind of game. Also has mountains of mods.

Mark of Chaos and it's Battlemarch expansion provided me with a good few hours of entertainment. Runs sweet and looks pretty on modern rigs, shame the cutscenes will always be bloody awful though

Finally, an user who gets it.

DoWII was a fantastic leap forward. Vehicles are scary, each race had a drastically different set of strategies, and they actually tried to balance it instead of just adding races and nerfing anything that people complained about.

It's not the best game by any stretch of the imagination, but it beats building 7 Chapter's worth of Space Marines in one sitting in the original DoW.

DoW2 was absolute shit. Relic couldn't decide if they wanted to make a squad-skirmish MOBA or a shitty Diablo clone. What they ended up with wasn't a game at all. Multiplayer was totally unplayable and single player was more boring than Torchlight on Valium. Don't insult the strategy genre by comparing it to DoW.

Doesn't your argument falls to the ground since IG ending is canon and kaurava became second ultramar of sorts.

Most units are specialized, too. Howling Banshees will rip apart lascannon devastators but will get fucked by suppression, just for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=DEqu2ITiOPI

i wish there was a silly WH40k game like this. basically Contra 40K.

looks way better than that utterly dreadful ultramarines movie.

Pretty much. I like DoW 1 overall just because I'm a Tau and SoB player on tabletop, but I think DoW2 is a much more balanced, strategic, and enjoyable game overall. They didn't fall in that "let's give every new unit something broken" trap that DoW1 did. Also, Last Stand is the shit.

Are there any good games where you play as a dragon? I just want to fly around causing havoc and have npc heroes come to my lair to challenge me.

wolves travel in packs[/spoiler

As much I like Stubbs, the only thing confirmed about Soulstorm is that the Blood Ravens got stomped really 'ard.

spyro

WHAT IS THIS MOD AND WHERE CAN I FIND IT

And is it even remotely as good as that makes it look?

I just want to amass a proper fleet and wipe the floor with rebs.

>Am I the only one that preferred the gameplay of II?
There are dozens of us. Dozens.

When will this meme end? There is no proof of IG victory on Kaurava to be found.

You seem rather Keen to have him do that.

No. You're thinking of the multiplayer gameplay. For those of us real gamers who don't play multiplayer, DOW2 was just a Diablo clone. there was no "outwitting" anything. You pick the right wargear and you run away from bad fights before your squad wipes. Kite the enemies, kill them, win the game. Might as well be Mad Dog McCree for all the gameplay it has to offer.

At least with Dark Crusade's HQ missions you had to face some tough opposition before you could plonk down a base and start crawling your way across the Diablomap.

Not to be Negative Nancy, but I've heard that DOWII multiplayer outside of Last Stand isn't up to snuff. Is that true or heresy?

Also, is there any other Warhammer vidjya (besides Vermintide) that has good multiplayer?

I think answered my first question...

I don't get what this is referencing.

It isn't. It rapidly devolves into either two zergs running around the map and avoiding conflict while decapping the enemy's points, or single units of basic infantry doing the same, while their respective zerg chases after the enemy's single units of basic infantry.

defiler wings
it's an h-game

Nice taste there user

Sadly no. There was one which was discontinued and currently the content is almost impossible to find

Freeblade is pretty dope. Kinda pissed that so many customization options are behind a paywall. Especially the trim colors. But most of thee gameplay paywalls can be skipped by watching ads, so it's not such a grind

I mostly agree, but DoW 2 had a much more memorable campaign imo. Except for Retribution

Divinity Dragon commander.

I can post webms of Eldar gameplay from Eternal Crusade, if any of you fags are interested.

Are you in the founder server?
If so, how do orks play?

Yes!
I can't say. I mean, it changes from day to day, so...

>Also, general Veeky Forums vidya recommendations?

All of Harebrained Schemes Shadowrun games. Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall Director's Cut, and Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Really awesome games if you're a fan of the isometric tactics games like X-Com, captures a lot of Shadowrun 'feel' if not being incredibly expansive in mechanics. Also, a fair amount of user content on Steam. All three were available for $15 during the sale.

pew pew pew

Bump.

Ok, here ya go.
I'mma dump a bunch.