What is Exalted?

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Boku no Exalted Edition

How does Necromancy fly in 3e?
Are mortals able to initiate into necromantic sorcery?
Or is it an Abyssal/Liminal/Deathlord only kinda deal?

its not in 3e yet

only sorcery

We're not sure how it's going to be intergrated yet, but I'd say it's safe to assume it's going to be in one of the future splats. Until then, Socerous Working?

How about 2e? Could mortals sorcerers practice necromancy?

yes

not joking, it requires an act of depravity

the ones listed are homosexual acts or necrophilia

Do Immaculate Monks on a Wyld Hunt still shave their heads or are they pragmatic enough to at least grow it out a bit so that they can ambush an Anathema?

what is the average lifespan of an infernal

when does a jade person become sexually mature

>what is the average lifespan of an infernal
150 years, going by 2e lore.

>when does a jade person become sexually mature
They're born adults, if I'm not mistaken, carved fully grown from the rock.

The average lifespan of an E1-5 Infernal is 150 years, then increases as they become more powerful. E6, 300yrs; E7, 700yrs; E8, 1200 yrs; E9+, 2500yrs. Devil Tigers are immortal.

Jadeborn spring to life as fully formed adults, and are born from stone.

Wait.

So the jadeborn can have sex right from birth and its okay?

And the infernals default at 150? thats shittier then terrestrials, why so short?

Are there places where people do pbp exalted games?

Why dont you just play with your friends in real life?

They can perform sexual acts. But they are not sexual as humans are. I am not sure they have genitals

>So the jadeborn can have sex right from birth and its okay?

Presumably, they are physically capable. But since they do not reproduce as humans do, instead being born from stone, there's no reason to believe that they have human reproductive organs.

>why so short?

The Yozi made it so. They do not want a repeat of the Primordial War, where their servants rose up and deposed them.

Are there mitochondria in exalted?

Tabletop games aren't really a thing in my country.

Is there any way around the short lifespan?

Also, is there any way to give the jadeborn genitals? I assumed they had genitals because they are fair folk who got caught in creation upon it's creation, so they would have genitals to do narrative stuff

Maybe you should kill everyone in your country with some WMDs

As stated in , their lifespan increases as they become more powerful, and DTs are immortal.

>Is there any way around the short lifespan?
Increase your Essence or become a Devil-Tiger.

>Also, is there any way to give the jadeborn genitals?
Sure, mutilate them with sorcery or other magic.

>I assumed they had genitals because they are fair folk who got caught in creation upon it's creation, so they would have genitals to do narrative stuff
A Raksha's genitals are as real as its kingdom and servants. You're lucky mountain folk have human faces.

Would the jadeborn enjoy having genitals?

They are like reverse fair folk now. Born from stone they are as far removed from the wyld as can be.

Do you?

Not really. One of them is far too small, while the other two are far, far too large

Can the dragon kings have sex?

Not likely. Sex is many things, but without sexual drive its not practical. Maybe as a bonding experience with outsiders?
They dont really think about sex. They could have a penis and spend weeks trying to find thier kinks, but they would likely only achive orgasm from purely physical stimulation. No games, no flirting, no cuddles, no dirty talking, no fetishes.. Etc. Probably would a 3 minute wank be the equal to any other sexual acrivity.

Why isn't the pole of wood more heavily populated? It seems like the best suited place in creation for human life. Tons of plant life,
there's a big sea, and the temperature seem good.

Is sorcery more viable in third edition?

Yes. If anything it's TOO good of an investment.

They breed normally. As normally as birds do. So yes, i guess?
Come to think of it, its weird how many things in exalted CAN hqve sex qnd breed. Elementals and gods for one. Undead for another. I mean, when you can mastrubate into a reslly old fountain and it comes with an elemental blooded kid a tear later you kind of have to wonder about these things.

It is? Scavenger lands are the most densely populated area in creation? Thats in that direction.

Also, further east its not only trees. Its moving aggro trees, super diseases and murder beasts aplenty. Its possible to tame this. But why would you want to? There's plenty space.

but the blessed isle is gay

populated entirely with

homosexuals

Can you make a solar who specializes in, in this order:

combat
sorcery
craft

Can someone post some example Solar's

like the character sheet

Its the baby import trade thats really killing creation.

Yup.

actually, in the blessed isle, whenever the males have gay sex they are required to donate it to the immaculate order who then distribute it to any females who are asking for it

Yes, but be careful with Craft as it's very much an all or nothing ability.

oh, so you cant have craft as your thirdary area of focus?

could the unconquered sun defeat the unguzzled cum?

Not a good idea with how many charms there are and how many have high Essence requirements. Not the mention Craft XP, which means that every problem you meet will raise the question "how can I Craft my way through this?" However, if Craft is your primary focus, you can pick up combat and sorcery no problem.

gay

Is dabbling in sorcery effective?

Yes.

>Exalted
>PBP
Not even once.

It's not really as all-or-nothing as it can seem. A lot of the Charms are about circle jerking big numbers, momentum mechanics largely serve the purpose of just completely short-circuiting the Craft system altogether, etc.

should it be my secondary or tertiary

my character concept is someone addicted to learning and this initially manifested in him learning to fight but he also bookworms getting into sorcery and maybe crafting if its viable

Either/or. It's something you spend Solar XP on, whether it's on spells or workings.

Is Exalted a system particularly prone to powergaming min maxing?

no

What's with all these strange questions?

How do people deal with homebrewing artifact armor? Artifact weapons seem to be relatively easy to make once you get a handle on it, but artifact armor seems a lot harder to get a handle on.

I find it to be no different to homebrewing artifact weapons. It's just a different set of effects.

It just feels like half the sample Evocations are some variant on "+soak" which is lame. (Except for Dauntless, where half the sample Evocations are some variant on -soak.) It's so uninspiring a design space.

>Presumably, they are physically capable. But since they do not reproduce as humans do, instead being born from stone, there's no reason to believe that they have human reproductive organs.

Well, in First and Second Edition they had human reproductive organs. They were sterile among themselves, but were able to get pregnant from or impregnate a human partner, which always weirded them the fuck out.

Forced to be an option for some people.

My friend does shift work so a stable schedule is out of the question. My cousin is a Flight Attendant, so that option is basically the only one for him as well due to time zone issues not only in America, but also in Europe from time to time.

what sound do dogs in creation make?

"Wan wan wan."

"Da...ddy....

can the exalted have sex?

I get you on that. A lot of weapon evocations are just better ways to kill or hurt people, which... I mean, that's really what weapons are supposed to do. As an ST, I really like when players present something interesting to me, for artifacts; something that plays with intimacies, or engages a system besides the direct combat system. A player of mine is playing a Saber expy, which I desperately try to help him make more interesting than just a straight rip, but his version of her Excalibur is aimed more towards the sword of promised victory angle, in the sense that... well, it's basically a Daiklave of Conquest from 2e, now that I think about it, mostly morale boosts for battlegroups and War, when it's visible in combat. It's a pretty fun little interaction, and encourages his lead-from-the-front style approach to war.

And I've turned it into a symbol of terror in most of the villages his army passes through, as he doesn't spend much time helping them beyond just killing all the nasties around them, and typically leaves a mess in his wake.

Can a pro wrestler esq exalted be made?

Wish the devs were a bit more communicative

The WoD devs talk to their fanbase

They were for a while. Every time they open their mouths, though, rivers of shit runneth forth, so we yell at them until they shut up.

Hey /exg/
Quick rules question: Does anybody know how team work is to be handled in 3x? How do you handle group effort on a task?
I feel like I hit a brick wall in the rues chapter and it seems like a really basic thing but I cant find a single reference to how to handle it....
HELP ME /exg/ You're my only hope :D

One of the writers on the forums suggested letting you do something like a command roll for someone else.

You roll dice, and the number of successes you get is converted into extra dice for them. I've used it in my game a decent bit and there are a few things that it definitely shouldn't be applied to, namely combat or social influence.

What sort of team work are you thinking of?

There have been two instances, one where the night caste wanted to help the dawn on a stealth roll, the other where two players wanted to assist each other with an occult roll (rapid fire discussion about possible weaknesses of a demon that was headed their way).
At the time I just let them use the intelligence of of the smarter PC and the occult of the other (one had INT4/Occult1 and the other had INT2/Occult3).
But I like the "faux command roll" method.
The other big one was feats of Strength though. It hasn't come up in game yet but I anticipate that it will.

For example:
When someone asked Holden why there isn't at least a sidebar alternative or something for the BP/XP point sink, he said something along the lines of "that would be a stupid rule and you don't actually want it".

In another thread that went on a feminism tangent, someone posted citation to Christina Sommers and Holden went "It says a lot about you that you'd cite a rape-promoting shill for the right-wing conspiracy", moderator told him to rein it in and be civil, Holden doubled down with shouting at moderator "My game has a trans man on the cover and my friends are oppressed, I don't have to listen to this shit".

Holden is an absolute fucking trainwreck of a man, and while I certainly wish he'd be more communicative about HOW THE GAME WORKS, I also wish he'd shut the fuck up a lot more about practically everything else.

>My game has a trans man on the cover

Wait, what?

Prince Diamond, sig eclipse who appears on the cover of 3e and on page 146. If by "what" you mean what exactly did Holden say, pic related.

Yeah well, kudos for standing up for his opinions. Shame it sounds like a tantrum.

Man, all of OPP is nuts about social justice stuff, not just Holden.

Remember Beast?

>Hey dude, stop breaking the rules of the board and be respectful
>NO THIS EVIL NAZI IS AN EVIL NAZI AND AN EVIL NAZI MRA RIGHT-WING CHILDFUCKER RAPE APOLOGIST REEEEEEE

Man, when did being a liberal become this cringeworthy?

Yeah, it's pretty nuts for him to say "My best friend's an anathema, so let me howl to the mod like a retard, about why lunars are scum."

>Yeah well, kudos for standing up for his opinions.
Holden has always, always been a screaming prolapsed anus shouting down opposing opinions. He also happens to be good with mechanics, but that doesn't remotely change his assiness. I could wish he'd grow some professionalism and not continue to be an ass in public while being a developer, but clearly that will never, ever happen.

Ever since it shifted from "classic liberalism" to "progressive liberalism".

So, not to detract from the thread's primary function of bitching about the devs, but I had a game related question.

So the game I'm STing has recently seen the kicking off of the Realm civil war. I'm planning on starting with four factions (Mnemon, Tepet Ejava, Cathak Cainan and Ledaal Kes). I'm roughly planning on the opening stages being proxy wars between satrapies, and semi-covert funding of revolutionaries in other peoples' satrapies, followed by actual direct confrontation between Legions on the Blessed Isle, and an epic showdown battle of some kind.

Does anyone have past stories in a similar vein to relate, or cool ideas on the theme that I could mine for material?

Does anyone has a russian translation of 3ed?
alternatively, if I have to do it myself
How do I edit the .pdf from MEGA?

>Russian translation of 3ed
>do it myself
user, are you saying you're going to translate a 650 page book? And no, there isn't and almost certainly never will be an official translation, because that costs more mney than it'd be worth for OPP.

Why does Cathak "I'm old as fuck and even if I tried to rule the Realm I'd die of old age maybe a day after I won the civil war. Also, I'm the most devout Immaculate believer in the entire world and would never do anything that might destabilize the Realm like some filthy Anathema" Cainan even want the Scarlet Throne? Is he just backing someone else?

Precisely because he's a devout immaculate, and wants a stable Realm. He thinks everyone else is just out for their own interests, and will dismantle her Redness' legacy for their own benefit, rather than perpetuate the established system. He's not wrong, either.

His age is a good reason for others not to back him, but not for him to lack any ambition.

Knowing that he almost certainly won't live long enough to establish himself or ensure a smooth transition of power after his death seems like a pretty damn good reason to not try to take thr throne for himself.

Overly zealous satraps kicking things off on their own, some trying to impress their boss, others jostling for personal position or taking advantage of the distraction. Proxy war should do a great job of evolving into actual war almost on its own.

>Man, when did being a liberal become this cringeworthy?
Well, you're the one who's to offended to read, so you'd know what caused your personal problems better than anyone else.

Is orange jade a real thing or just a fan thing?

I've never heard of it. Could you show me where you found a reference to it?

I haven't even heard of it as a fan thing. Are you sure you don't mean yellow jade?

Definitely a fan thing. Yellow Jade was only barely a thing but it looks like it might have been dropped for Ex3. Good riddance.

Thanks, it was brought up on ExalTwitch, and I remember reading it as a fan thing on the old wiki, made from vitriol. He might just be doing his own thing though.

I thought vitriol had no Magical Material of its own but could be used to corrupt artifacts of any material into Infernal-friendly versions. That was kind of the Yozis' whole thing.

Christina Hoff Sommers is a fucking moron and the worst part of this is that Holden is actually right about how stupid it is to link her in any discussion that's trying to take itself seriously.

But he is so fucking antagonistic and does not even think about how the shit he says is received, that he makes the fucking company look dumb. I hope he gets muzzled.

Christina Hoff Sommers is a perfectly reasonable, intelligent person. Certainly smarter than Holden.

Why not?

To be fair anyone who can keep shitty arguments afloat for so long is a master at their craft.

Sommers is full of shit, but I'm not sure what he meant with Sargon as he never admitted to being an MRA. I thought his Gamergate thing was really stupid myself.

While not much can done up front, I think someone slapped him in the back room as I don't see him posting as much anymore.

/exg/, I have a fluff question. Ex3's core rulebook, page 94, makes referance to "The ruins of a Heaven older by far than Yu-Shan--the celestial capital of fallen Zen-Mu, where the ancients dwelt in majesty before they every dreamed of creation. Woe betide those who behold the gods that dwell there now."

Is this referanced at all in previous editions, and if so where? What else do we know about this place? Is it lovecraft?

Zen-Mu is where the Primordials first dwelt before Creation. It's where Theon crossed the Acid Sea to rule Them as their King.

One of the devs (Holden I think) described what's left using a quote from the 2006 Superman film, it still exists if your Circle want to fly off into space/Wlyd and find it, but it's a graveyard with nothing left of the great Primordials that once called it home.

Google: exalted-second-edition/ink-monkeys-vol-40-the-legend-of-the-titans

It's the facebook link, gives stories of Zen-Mu

Zen-Mu was something mentioned in the later portions of 2E's fluff, in the context of being among the most ancient and mythical of ancient myths. Basically, it was the Primordials' first attempt at having a home; unlike Creation, which was a great working which made a whole new kind of reality for them to inhabit, Zen-Mu was essentially just a bunch of Primordials hanging around and being a universe. It was ruled by Mardukth, Who Holds In Thrall, The Mountain and the Beast Upon It, who was so huge he that he couldn't believe how huge he was; he spent all his time asking everything "AM I MARDUKTH?" and everything answered "YES YOU ARE STILL MARDUKTH".

Eventually, the Primordial who would become Malfeas showed up, along with some of his flunky Primordials, and took over the place. Then they all went looking for the Shining Answer, before eventually deciding "you know what, let's just settle for making a universe" and then they all made Creation.

>Ex3 has a fucking portal to Zen-Mu
>every Twilight's face when