>Brewing/Tweaking?
>Next MTG purchase?
>Top 3 Modern relevant EMN cards?

EMN spoiler link:
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/eldritch-moon

The updated Modern Metagame is below.

Other urls found in this thread:

modernnexus.com/topdecks/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VwzQKE-QTxRqzZjZ2n0o1Cp80enNcYQACf3d7xlsVDc/pubhtml
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern
youtu.be/2Jd46aQn7GA?t=704
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The overall and paper Modern Metagame.
(1 month old)

Information on Tiers and how they're calculated:
modernnexus.com/topdecks/

Direct link to the spreadsheet:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VwzQKE-QTxRqzZjZ2n0o1Cp80enNcYQACf3d7xlsVDc/pubhtml

Modern deck primers link:
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

what do you guys think about pic related?

when would you play this over remand?

>Playing?
Jeskai Harbinger, Grixis Control/Midrange, Kiki-Chord.
>Brewing/Tweaking?
Bant Knightfall with Tamiyo, Field Researcher.
>Next MTG purchase?
3 Tamiyo Field Researcher, 4 Eldrich Evolution.
Eldrich Evolution, Tamiyo, Field Researcher, Thalia, Heretic Cathar.

The only upside is bouncing one of your opponents creatures for a tempo swing, your creature after blocks are declared or for enter the battlefield value.

I super love it. I feel like it's a lateral movement from Remand. Drawing a card is great, but being able to bounce a creature is comparable.

Unsubstantiate is a pure tempo card, plain and simple. I've already got a playset on order and gonna try to make some sort of Ux tempo shell work.

Returning a spell in the stack counters it?

OK, so my deck is goldfishing around turn 6. Is that bad?

i think thats around normal for an aggressive deck you really do want to kill people within 4-5 turns in modern because the decks that can get past that often combo out or stabalize

Elritch Evolution for obvious reasons.
Collective Brutality for being arguably one of the best sideboard cards for black in a long time.
New Thalia for being a means to win the game against aggro decks and any deck that uses fetch lands.

No. The card is put into its owner's hand. The spell does not resolve because it's no longer on the stack to try to resolve. This is not countering. Spells that cannot be countered can be returned to their owner's hand with Unsubstantiate.

What i mean:
>Does it counter spells without actually countering something?
Aka: does this hits abrupt decay

>what do you guys think about pic related?
Nice versatility. Will buy up as many as possible.
>when would you play this over remand?
Game 2 against Jund, when the Abrupt Decays come out. The tempo advantage of drawing a card is big enough to not be strictly outclassed by Unsubstantiate.
It doesn't counter anything. It returns the spell to its owner's hand. The targeted spell will not resolve. The word "counter" does not appear on the card, so it will not counter anything.
It will hit Abrupt Decay.

So how big is the power gap between jund, grixis, and abzan and their match ups.

jund is tier 1, grixis t2 and abzan more t3, but im just going off of tier list, i feel like jund is more resilient to more strategy but im a combo player, love tooth and nail hate control

So what does this do other than be a way to get a missing combo piece for Abzan CoCo?

Discard 2 elves > Allosaur rider > Iona

Haunted Dead as a new tool for the emerging dredge decks.

Eldritch Evolution only because of the Saffi Eriksdotter + Crypt Champion combo.

Curious Homunculus in UR.

I want this meme to stop.

>Eldritch Evolution only because of the Saffi Eriksdotter + Crypt Champion combo.
Hooooooly shit, that's actually fucking hilarious, that makes the combo so more consistent its scary.

>Eldritch Evolution only because of the Saffi Eriksdotter + Crypt Champion combo.

I don't get how this combo does anything significant.

>Playing?
Temur Scapeshift & Finkel Storm
>Brewing/Tweaking?
Tweaking around a Delver deck in Pauper atm.
>Next MTG purchase?
Working slowly on Legacy Dredge.
The new Emmy is definitely relevant as both decks I own can self-destruct, and he has the potential to come out rather fast. Eldritch Evolution seems to be the most hyped card overall, prepared to see lots of it. One card I'm personally interested in is Splendid Reclamation, that could end up being a sideboard card I'd add for my local Living End meta.

From a Scapeshift point, much worse and I'd never play it. Really can't lose out on card draw.

> Swamp > Dark Rit > Entomb > Exhume > Iona on Turn 1

Is there a more satisfying feeling than turning your arbor elf into an eldritch abomination turn 3 with a tooth and nail deck?

Yeah. Infinite Squirrels on turn 3.

can i get a list

am i reading this wrong or are there only 10 lands in that deck

For some reason I have 2 forest prints and it left out the one with 10 so add another 10 forests, you can see the 21 lands at the top.

Playing Affinity. What else?
Tweaking Bogles. I can make arcanum wings work dammit!
Emn cards= werewolf robot. Sigardas aid? And deploy the gatewatch.

Tell me this:
Red Burn, Green Stompy, or Tooth and Nail?

i would say it depends on your meta, if there is alot of infect/affinity/burn dont go tooth and nail you will have a bad time, if its alot of control try tooth and nail with mainboard bosieju

I haven't actually read the Nahiri the Harbinger Card. The +2 basically doesn't require anything, right? The discard is completely optional right?

That is correct; it is a 'may'.

Huh. I should get her.

Sac Saffi to Eldritch Evolution to bring out crypt champion.
This produces an infinite loop.

You Sac Saffi to make Crypt Champion return to the field after he sacrifices himself.

When Crypt Champion enters the battlefield each player gets to reanimate a 3 drop, you reanimate Saffi

Repeat process ad infinium while you have say... Impact Tremors out or Bitter Ordeal in hand and you win.

I don't think that's how that works

No that is exactly how it works

That's because it doesn't work that way.

Saffi's ability has a cost of sacrificing Saffi. You don't get to play her ability if you sacrificed her to Eldritch Evolution.

The combo does work without Eldritch Evolution, though.

Yeah, I meant the Eldrich Evolution. Everything else seemed legit, though.

yeah, but you sac her as a cost for eldritch evolution first to bring out crypt champion, who then brings back saffi and THEN you start using her sac ability to loop
eldritch evolution is only useful in getting both of them into play/starting the loop when you only have saffi in play

You can sac the reanimated Saffi before crypt champion sacs himself, so you simply reanimate Saffi after EE resolves, then sac her before Crypt Champ sacs himself.
Its all still kosher right?

Oh. Hey, you're right. My bad, user. That's a pretty sweet 3 card (Saffi, Evolution, wincon) combo.

Can you even use Saffi in between crypt champion's 2 triggers? Because if it works such that you can go Saffi -> Evo -> champ -> champ's ETB triggers are put on stack -> res trigger resolves -> get back saffi -> sac saffi before sac trigger resolves, then evo makes that combo scary consistent.

Impact Tremors is probably the best wincon for it.

to be honest, i don't think the combo is going to be viable enough to warrant putting much more thought into it
it's a neat interaction though

What are some good fringe cards for Titanshift?
I've been trying out Prismatic Omens and Commune for Lavas as 2 ofs, but am largely unimpressed by both, and I'm looking for a solid 2-of to replace them
I was thinking Summoner's Pact for more Titans, but I'm open to some creative/wackier suggestions if anyone's got any

Normal for most agro but burn should be able to goldfish at t4-5 otherwise something is wring with the decklist.

Does the deck run Bring to Light already?

>Can you even use Saffi in between crypt champion's 2 triggers?
Yes. The combo won some big tournament back in... whenever Time Spiral came out.
youtu.be/2Jd46aQn7GA?t=704

The major problem with this is that you need 6 mana to drop the Eldritch Evolution and Bitter Ordeal in one turn and hope your opponent has no counters.
You also need to hope your Saffi doesn't get killed or exiled the turn before.

I would say Altar of the Brood is the best wincon here

against abrupt decay

Nah, it's GR, no blue

Great, we're back to attracting newfags who opened a Nahiri in their booster pack. And a few questions that don't do anything for discussion. At least the last question is good.

How is Memeskai doing lately?

Are the new list good?

If they're smart they'll use the links provided in the first 2 posts to learn about the best format.

How do I make BUG work in modern
Even a starting point would be helpful, BUG delver doesnt work

I think we should put more effort into putting good standard cards into the OP besides nahiri. It helps introduce people to the format by showing them some of their standard cards are viable in modern.

Play it like Jund or Junk and replace all the red and white stuff with blue stuff

Great! We can start with Asylum Visitor in the next thread!

Please don't make it into a meme for those of us who actually like the card

>>Playing?
Nothing, I mostly play pauper and online non-dredge eternal, then meme on memedern.
>>Brewing/Tweaking?
turbo Jund, Skred the new 3/4 draw 3
>>Next MTG purchase?
-
>>Top 3 Modern relevant EMN cards?
Flayer, bedlam, idk.

Why'd I'd remove my x4 timewalk???

I want to agree but at the sane time I winder how many new players to MTG are on the traditional gaming board of 4 chan

We get new player posts fairly regularly

Holy shit. I'm the first guy who mentioned the Saffi Eldritch Evolution Combo. The wincon is Blood Artist or Zulaport cutthroat. I thought it was obvious. You play an abzan aristocrats shell with a combo finish. Bitter Ordeal and Altar of the Brood are terribad.

>Bitter Ordeal and Altar of the Brood are terribad.
This. Bitter Ordeal needs mana. Altar of the Brood is especially bad since you're just spinning your wheels against Tron or any deck that runs a ROE titan.

I like EE, and want to try to brew with it, but I can't help but feel it's trumped by CoCo and Chord if all people can come up with is MeliraFinks Lite and Allosaurus Meme.
Sorcery speed with sacrifice on cast is just begging to get you 2-for-1'd. Pod this is not.

The only thing I like when looking at the EE Saffi combo is that you can play an abzan aristocrats shell with mostly 2 drops and just combo out on your opponent with by drawing an EE and having saffi on the field or in the gy. It was already an ok shell but with EE it gets the ability to just randomly win out of nowhere.

My favorite thing about it is that it doesn't need an outside sac engine. I'm probably going to rig the combo into a midrange list at any rate.

Yeah, playing an actually good deck.

i got a pile of her at 10 bux and sold 'em all when they were buylisted at 30. feels profitable, man.

best decks against blue control, burn and stompy?
that's my meta. I play monogreen infect, but looking for another type of deck.

Green Black Infect
The added control might be what you need

>Brewing/Tweaking?
Monoi Green eldrazi-tron, honetly think this is one of the most insane decks there is, trun 2 with eldrazi temple into matter reshaper and possibly another land drop from him dying is insane and opens up for easy RS on the field. I feel like this deck is really strong atm.
>Next MTG purchase?
2xMatter reshaper
>>Top 3 Modern relevant EMN cards?

GB is strictly worse than UG

No, they just have different game plans

Why is Veeky Forums so fucking terrible at this game?

Because they're too much of an austist to just net deck a tier 1 modern deck. They prefer to be unique and edgy and brew some shitter tier 4 deck.

If you consider all the people who don't accomplish anything with their t1 decks doesn't it make you want to play whatever you want?

So, who's the retarded babby who made the algorithm for the dogshit shuffler on XMage? Where you have to put 30 lands in every deck just to avoid opening with only one every game.

Simulator shuffling is objectively more random than real life shuffling. What you are complaining about is variance, or wahhh land screw.

What I'm complaining about is still opening with 1 land in 2 mulligans despite having 30 of them in the main deck. It's not random, it's shit.

Do you know what random means?

Nah it's just worse.

Your birth was random, for example.

Works great in my friend's 8rack deck

Gerard Fabiano made a good bug deck. I replaced the jace aot with matter reshapes because I run a tight enough mana base. You also get access to thragtusk and counters so you'll never lose to burn.
Problem is the deck preys on twin amd you're trying to jund decks. So your deck is great against something banned and it's a worse jund deck than just jund

Faster doesn't mean better

Can you run thopter foundry to make me happy? It seems insane in a tron deck

modern merfolk yay or nay?

It seems a decent and on the cheap side of things deck to get into modern.

What are it's bad match ups? The good ones?

This.

I'll never understand why people feel so good about getting a swingy win and going 1-3 instead of just playing a decent deck and going 3-1.

>Why is Veeky Forums so fucking terrible at this game?
Youth is definitely in the equation.

Affinity = bad.

I haven't played it in a while, but always hated Vial-less openers. Love the Spreading Seas in the main. Also, Harbinger is pretty sweet.

Make sure you have a decent manabase. You'll want UU on turn 2 a lot.

cool to hear, so affinity is it's only bad match up? Sounds pretty good to me.

Ad Nauseam is borderline unwinnable for merfolk.

What makes Affinity to bad? Don't you have SS for the manlands and Hurkyls in the sb?

How is Dredge putting up so many 5-0 results? I thought you said once it became popular it would be a dead deck because it gets hated out so easily? It doesn't seem to be having any problem with consistency.

I'm a wannabe Spike and want the best deck for the money. So far it's Dredge or Boggles, with Boggles being the easiest to start budget and make better.

What's the cheapest Spike deck?

Are you guys testing Modern UW Spirits? How is it going?

Holy fuck dredge went nuts yesterday at lgs.
>yfw turn one neonate
>turn two casts two more neonates, vengevines

What the fuck kind of nazi line of play did this deck just produce.

Love it. In EDH, it's a sure thing, where it will slot nicely into my vintage singleton grixis storm list as remand number 2.

It might have some nice applications in cast trigger combos such as storm. (which is the reason it definitely belongs in vintage singleton storm).

In modern, it seems like a tossup between this and remand. But I'd probably go with remand each time, because the card draw is generally better.

If the creature is enough of a threat that you would need to bounce it, why not just remand it in the first place?