How to play chaotic evil?

How to play chaotic evil?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JrhZPLpgWbg
youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Last time I did I played a sociopathic anarchist terrorist eunuch.

You're willing to kill an orphanage full of babies if it means seeing your lover smile.

Be unpredictable.

Just be yourself.

Dont.

Attack everything, all the time.
>/thread

I'll take a second to be pretentious and say that you may want to plan an alignment as an aspect of a more complex character, rather than centering a character around an alignment.

As for how Chaotic Evil is done? It's one of the simpler alignments, really. You don't have much regard for legal systems and social mores that people may try to inflict on you, which makes you chaotic. And you're willing to harm/exploit the innocent, or at least people who haven't provoked you in any particular way (i.e attacking you or your peers). That makes you evil.

You fuck shit up, for one reason or another, and you'll be damned if any code, creed, regulation, or morality system is going to stop you from doing that. You Id made your Ego and Superego it's bitch.

chaotic evil characters are selfish and have no morals
that doesn't mean you'll necessarily just stab the shop keeper in the gut if he won't lower his prices, but you might go back and rob him. you won't necessarily just kill the town guards randomly when they stop you at the gate, you aren't stupid, but you might kill those town guards in secret later if they piss you off or if you need to for whatever reason.
you're not chaotic dumb, you just literally don't play by the rules and have no morals. but i think even a chaotic evil character with an int above 7 would mostly play nice while in town. but they might kill a guy in a bar brawl a lot quicker than someone else would, and you wouldn't want them to watch your kids.

Daily reminder that Alignment systems exist to enable players who want to play as assholes at the table.

Be nice. Be friendly. Be supportive and considerate. Have secret personal goal that's a complete atrocity. It goes without saying that you're willing to sacrifice anything and anyone to reach that goal, but only when the time is right. Until then you're fine with playing nice because that's what gives you the best chances getting there.

>chaotic evil characters
May have anger issues and self control problems.
Get ticked off and kill folks even if you regret it afterwards.

May be cowards. Run and abandon your friends.

May just really like doing something evil so much that it twists their morals round and if not for that would be a good person.
Be a cannibal and see nothing wrong with it.

All of these examples can easily be a better suggestion than "no morals lol".

Find someone who has a good thing going, capture them and their friends, and then beat the holy fuckity-fuck out of one of them with your favorite baseball bat.

Decide what you want, figure out how to get it, then do whatever is required. Make no other considerations unless they directly and personally impact you. You wouldn't destroy the world because that's where your dog lives. You wouldn't blow up New York because your mother lives there, and you like her. You don't shoot your wife because she's your wife.

You can care about things, but generally only insofar as they are YOUR things. Your wife. Your mother. Your race. Your dog. Your country. Your house. Once something is outside of your circle, it stops mattering.

This is how I have always played Chaotic Evil.

Playful but with a real mean streak. Easily manipulated but retaliates with all the force they can muster if they feel their agency is threatened

Oh come of it, alignments aren't that bad. It's just that they were better used as loose descriptors of a PC's general morality, rather than a straightjacket of the player's own creation. Not to mention, there are quite a few personality types that can fit within any given alignment, each bearing it's own cadre of both assholes and affable types.

While we're on the subject of CE, let's use it as an example. Nothing stops a CE character (or his/her/it's respective player) from working smoothly alongside the rest of the party. The character could very well like the people he's travelling with enough to do the 'hard' things that the more scrupulous PC's might turn their noses at. Granted, he might have to do this in secret, but there's untapped potential for good storytelling in that one dynamic. Of course, he could NOT like the party he's with, but identify the perks of travelling with them (or just not betraying their trust) as making it all worthwhile.

You are a bro to your friends and close ones, and dick to everyone else. Doesn't have to include killing everyone or raping children. You just want to make it better for your close ones, and you don't give a fuck if other people suffer in the process.

>evil

Don't.

youtube.com/watch?v=JrhZPLpgWbg

>Oh come of it, alignments aren't that bad.

Neutral Good, Lawful Good and Chaotic Good are all played within a degree of one another, with the CG guy occasionally being a bit lulzy or rebellious.

Except Paladins play LG as strident moralist stick-in-the-muds, and LN anything ends up being a hard assed jerk.

Chaotic Neutral invariably signifies that a character is going to be a Randumb pain in the ass Ever Single Session.

Chaotic Evil and Neutral Evil characters are purely sadistic monsters at the table, Lawful Evil characters are ruthless manipulating monsters setting up the good party members for a come-uppance/betrayal.

Evil Parties are good for a laugh but complete shit for a long-running campaign, might as well just play Paranoia and get it over with.

Alignments just enable assholes, and crutches for players who can't into an actual character to roleplay.

Be an unstoppable force of nature concerned only with your own desires and needs. Become the personification of fire itself. Glory in the fires of the flesh and the passions of the soul. Become the personification of thunder itself. It knows only one word, and that word shakes the entire world. Live as thunder speaks.

When you are hungry, eat. If there is no food, seize food from one weaker than yourself, or steal it from the strong yet stupid. If you cannot eat, then starve. When in danger, run. When cornered, fight. If you cannot run or win the fight, die.

Show no mercy and expect none in return. Embrance change in all its forms. Serve no one, but respect the strong. Throw your fear into the flames you leave across your path.

Strive always to make your evil truly magnificent. Any imbecile can act like a madman. It takes true skill and talent to be a demon.

Kill the DM's favorite character in the most mundane and underwhelming fashion.

This gentleman, right here.

Lecter is Lawful Evil

"This alignment refers to characters who practice finely crafted evil. They’re referred to as “The Dominator” because they are diabolical juggernauts who believe in common lawful traits like loyalty and order, but have no regard for life."

Is killing bad guys a good act or evil act?
If you can answer that unlike that autist then maybe playing evil isn't as hard as he makes it out to be

I'm sorry you only play with stereotypes. Get better friends?

One of the few good things to come out of the 3.5 splat bloat is the Fiendish Codex 1.

It gives an in depth way to play several different sides of chaotic evil for dms, with multiple ways to play each archetype.

Are you playing a class or something that requires you to keep a certain alignment? If you aren't then don't worry too much about keeping the alignment as your character should actually grow and learn. If you have to maintain alignment like an anti-paladin for example. Then you would just assume that you have traits associated with chaotic (doesnt care about authority nor laws, does what he feels but doesnt have to be a full retard about it) and evil (selfish, self-preserving, doesn't care too much about loss of life, etc.). It's pretty self explanatory and is probably best if you don't tell your party. I've had bad experiences rping characters with certain groups and having to deal with alignment metagaming.

When in doubt as to how to play Chaotic Evil, play Marc Antony.

He's brutal and cruel and ugly and sadistic, but it's all in good fun, isn't it? The only man who had the right to tell him what to do is dead, and he'll be damned if he lets himself get turned into a puppet to someone who doesn't deserve his loyalty.

He fucks whores, cheats on his wife, abuses servants and threatens the stability of the Republic because he can, and because he wants to feel respected and virile and needed.

Marc Antony in Julius Caesar's camp is the perfect example of Chaotic Evil done right.

Have fun. Don't be stupid.
Killing some runaway can be fun. It's a good idea to steal food or other boring things so you can spend your money on more fun things.
Getting killed by a paladin who saw you murder someone isn't fun. It's a bad idea to steal when you can get caught and go to jail, unless you know something fun is there.
Some guys come to town looking for help tracking down bandits? Could be fun, just make sure that you don't let them see you killing the defenseless ones until you know they won't ruin your fun.

Of course that's an extreme and very shallow example, but unless you act like an idiot than even a complete psychopath with no goals other than mass murder can fit fine in a party as long as you don't act like a retard consistently shoving the fact that you're a dick in everyone's faces.

Play like Link from the Zelda games

>Is killing bad guys a good act or evil act?
Yes.

Good.
-1 evil person, there is less evil, how is this a question.

youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8

I dunno. If you do that too much, don't you risk losing your alignment?

Evil people don't have a quota of bad things to do.

Maybe slackers like YOU don't.
One of the little warlocks in my setting (future vessel of a goddess of evil) hones her evil-ness by summoning shadow snakes to kill helpless and adorable rats, who she then raises as rat zombies and sends to pollute local pantries and granaries.
All to make sure that when the time comes, she's not swayed by a handsome and righteous paladin with pretty words. Instead, she will begin crying, explain her past in an attempt to gain his pity, and pretend to make a heartfelt turnaround before hitting him with a curse and a sequence of other spells which will result in his slow and torturous death as she laughs at his flailing, helpless corpse.
Dedicated evil doesn't fuck around.

I play a CE vivisectionist - Machat Machindra / Gulab Machindramon.

He is a dear to whole party - heals and helps them every time a help is needed. Makes potions for them, and alchemical items, also Alchemist's Kindness when the party comes back from bar crawling.

But the aberations he keeps down in the dungeons and the things he does there... the screams that come out muffuled or echoed from the depts of Kamena Kula... needless to say, there are no guards posted near the door that lead into my lair, since anyone who ever tried breaking in there, be it humanoid or beast, deamon or devil... never got out again. And party members are avare of that, ignoring this out of necesisty or better yet - fear of what might i do if i go out alone in the world.

You can only imagine what kind of atrocities can a man do who looks at you as you are a clock, or a wind up toy, with its lid poped open showing all the cogs and little bits working in unison.

Go and watch The Wolf of Wall Street.

That, but with swords and magic.

Intelligent creatures can change alignment. So, a humanoid has a decent chance of becoming a different alignment, hence capturing them alive. Which of course would align with an actual good act, such as respecting life and holding it in the highest regard. Which is of course the opposite of evil, which would just kill anything without really caring. But I guess if you're Chaotic good and don't care about being "good", following the law, or giving someone the merciful chance to live a positive life, then sure I can see it as good to just kill someone because they pinged your detect evil.

Play Polish Roulette

Why it's called Polish?

I like to play Chaotic Evil as excessively self actualized. These people have an ideal and it's that ideal or nothing, if you have to pick between the girl and saving the world. You pick the girl for another split second before the world explodes.

This.

We call it Russian Roulette in my language.

Be joker

Not the same thing.
Russian Roulette is played with revolver gun.
Polish Roulette is played with magazine gun.

>Intelligent creatures can change alignment. So, a humanoid has a decent chance of becoming a different alignment

Unless they were forced into an evil life against their will, you are dealing with someone who chose to behave in that way. You are simply removing individuals who chose a bad life path, making the world safer for people with the integrity to live their life in a a way that benefits society as a whole.

Reforming evil is a very, very extravagant application of someone's time and effort.

Could he help me? I just cut myself badly on your post.

Play chaotic neutral, but with a fetish. For. Flesh warping or causing pain or subsuming the will of others or necrophilia or venegence or whatever's topical. An evil character is basically out for whatever their interests are and damn anything in the way, but what they want is awful for some people.

>What is The Walking Dead for $300

All form of evil are extremely similar desu.

For chaotic I'll say just be more unpredictable. Being chaotic means you don't follow a plan for a goal, you are not restrained to do things the usual way. This doesnt necessarily means you have to be stupid though. Just unconventional.

Neutral evil would pickpocket the bartenders money

Lawfull evil would make a intircrated plan to steal the bartenders money

Chaotic evil would steal the money at knife point.

>CE character does CE/NE things
>OW DA EGJE

No.

Neutral evil would steal a bottle of booze or some money while the bartender's back was turned.

Lawful evil would assemble some guys and shake the bartender down for protection money every month.

Chaotic evil would regularly come in and cheat at gambling for beer money, but help the bartender when it got busy. 6 months later it would turn out she was behind the series of unsolved disappearances of young eleven male tourists.

This guy is kind of insufferable.

Tywin, CIA and Jaime Lannister are lawful evil

Bronn and Daario are neutral evil

The mountain, Ramsay, Geofrey are chaotic evil

>CIA
>lawful evil
But he's crashing the Seven Kingdoms with no survivors!
Isn't he neutral evil, at best?

>Is killing bad guys a good act or evil act?
In D&D terms it's unquestionably good. An eye for an eye is strictly lawful and good according to its metaphysics.

Last time I did I was an Anarcho-Fascist terrorist who only became a terrorist for the infamy. After all its easier to be well known for being evil than good.

I don't think you would like help from Mahat. But, if you will, you can step into my """clinic""".

I think of the evil alignments like this:

>Orderly Evil
Idealist who wants to make the world into their own vision, but that vision happens to be either immoral as fuck, or benefits them directly at the cost of others. Turns on you whenever you get in the way of their goal.

>Neutral Evil
Opportunist who seeks power and wealth at all costs. Has no greater ideals, and isn't trying to satisfy an emotional craving. Turns on you whenever there's a power vacuum, or something to gain.

>Chaotic Evil
Wants to satisfy their own emotional problems in really fucked up ways. Might be so angry they always want to hurt people, so prideful that they must hurt anyone they consider lesser, so sad that they must make everyone else feel terrible, so insecure they must knock down anyone who might be better than them, ect. Turns on you whenever their emotional needs aren't being met, or you hurt their feelings.

People often think that Order means working with authority, and Chaos means fighting it. Not always true. Order can try to fight authority to implement their own, and Chaos can side with authority as long as their emotional needs are being met.

By not being a memester and playing Neutral or Lawful evil.

Good point. I think it would be cool to play a campaign with no jail, just a bunch of LG paladins going around killing jews, I mean anything that might be evil.

>comments are disabled for this video
always a good sign

Grimgor Ironhide is my favourite example of Chaotic Evil. He loves fighting and he doesn't care about who it's against or where it is or what he has to do to get it. As long as it's a good fight, he's happy.