Dungeon Life Quest (DLQ) 76 -

ARCHIVE: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon Life Quest
/QST/ ARCHIVE: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Dungeon Life Quest
PREVIOUS THREAD: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/48221537/
CHARACTERS AND PLACES: docs.google.com/document/d/19gNVgtevar647l4ZumUaVH6GlJzvxLlDNKaH8DrQMWE/edit?usp=sharing

You are River la Croix, and you're pretty sure this half-angel is not out of fight to give you.

You took the bait once, in a battlefield years ago, in the rain and mud. You should have died, but the one who'd tricked you was ran through the back by mistake, and you lived instead of her.

This time, you're going to be careful.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44109941/#p44112746
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Who says I want to have a fight?" you ask. "There's more to being a god than temples and cults, isn't there? Even if it's just worship you're after, there's lovers and poets the world over with legions falling at their feet. Why a goddess?"

"Why /not/?" the Daughter demands. "I bring the rain and the drought. I call the snow and the flood, the storm and the calm, part hurricanes before my will, bless the spring and make it holy. These powers are /mine/. My /father/ could not take them from me. Who are the gods, anyway? They and their bastard offspring lord over us like highborn dogs, laughing as we scurry to and fro, and we obey."

Robert notes, mildly.

"And you would, what, be a mortal voice in the councils of the gods?" you ask, warily. "Don't they have Chosen for that?"

"Obedient wolves, there to herd the rest of the sheep," Seraphina snarls.

"You really think the Master is going to keep his word? He's enslaved one angel already. He'll enslave you just the same."

"I. AM. A. GOD!" a blast of wind erupts from Seraphina, driving you back on your feet and flickering the flames that keep her hemmed into Cannot Hold. Behind her, you see Tina thrust her hand into the flame, preparing for battle.

"Do you think his audacity ends there?" you shout, over the gale. "You think you come out of this on top?"

"He wouldn't /dare/," Seraphina insists. She takes a step over the hexacle, her wings bristling with fury. The water that drips from them freezes, becoming long, sharp icicles. "I would tear him apart."

"Which is why you're the meatshield, and he's safe at the bottom of the Dungeon."

Robert asks.

"I am his partner! His collaborator! He /adores/ me, /worships/ me, his new world will be his bridal gift to /me/, and nevermind that coward Taylor." The nephilim flicks her wings; the muffled snap of them is like an accusation. "Not that I care. My bed has not been empty. You stole my soldier, necromancer."

"People aren't property," you answer back, coldly.

Behind you, the succubus pulls her hands from the flames, and they are wreathed in hellfire.

> Signal Tina to attack
> Strike first
> Channel death through Sleep
> Use balefire
> Attack with necromancy
> Write-in?

>> Channel death through Sleep

>> Channel death through Sleep

Yep, she was a bitch. The essence of entitlement.

what exactly is channeling death through Sleep?

You remember that /grey/ that she unleashed in the fight against the golem, that slowed everything down and made Jack feel like he was having every bad day in his life all at the same time?

That.

>"Who hurt you this bad that you need to seek validation from a man like Dick? Are you trying to prove something by doing this? That if you cause something big to happen you'll be looked on as an equal by the divines?

When you lost your eyes, I can bet that he wasn't sad that you were hurt, but frustrated that a tool had been damaged.

Face it, you're as much his slave as your followers are yours. Any power he gave you, any control, came with a cost. All you've done is just made yourself subordinate to his will.

If you really want to prove yourself to be worthy of a god's respect, you'd be able to do it without the machinations of a third party propping you up."

well okay then. choice seems obvious

Gonna call and write in thirty or so, gettin' invited to do a game.

Seconded.

Eh, changing my vote to

We can talk while channeling sleep right?

>Channel Death through Sleep.
Also, aim for her wings.

Called, writing.

"What happened to you?" you ask. "Who hurt you so bad that you need validation from scum like the Master? What're you trying to prove? To who?"

"I need prove /nothing/. My will is law! My word is glory!"

"Was he even sad when you lost your eyes?" you ask, softly.

"STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM! YOU ARE UNWORTHY!"

"You need to calm down," you tell her, and channel death through your blade. The colors die around it, spreading out in a wave of stillness and sorrow. Seraphina lunges for you and crosses the line into the domain projected by your blade - and halts.

She sinks to her knees, a choked sob escaping her lips.

"Even Jack managed to fight through this," you whisper. "Show me something, Seraphina. Show me something happy in there, something good. Show me the part of you that can fight this."

"Make it stop," the half-angel begs. She clutches her head, tearing at her hair; her wings folds in front of her body, trying in vain to shield her. "/Make it stop/!"

"Seraphina," you murmur. "Sleep can't rob you of your joy or your virtue. I know. I tested it on myself before I ever dared to use it on someone else. Dig deep. Find something worth saving."

Her hand goes to the chain at her waist, and then she lets go of it with a wretched sob. It takes a moment for you to hear what she's saying.

"I'm nothing," she moans. "I am unworthy."

> Strike her down
> Knock her out and take the chain

>> Knock her out and take the chain

Do NOT, under any circumstances, tell Jewel that we have The Daughter in custody.

Christ almighty she can't even find something in herself worth redemption.

wew lads

>Knock her out and take the chain.

Now, I have to ask, will River be asking Lora to spare Seraphina, or are we going to let her decide the nephilim's fate?

>> Knock her out and take the chain
Makes punishment pretty fucking easy. She gets to live with knowing her life is a ruined failure.

>> Strike her down

...we're gonna end up being infiltrated by spies if we keep on attempting to convert the enemy... just kill her and be done with it.

I don't think we're trying to convert her - even she admitted that there was noting in her worth redeeming.

I do, however, think she would make a good prisoner. She seems to have incredible knowledge on Dick and his various plots, and I think we could gain a lot from interrogating her.

doesn't mean people still won't try...

Keeping her locked in anything is going to be an enormous fucking challenge though.

Called, writing. Final update of the night; I need to be up early for work tomorrow.

Because, if this quest has taught us anything, it's that keeping angels locked up is really difficult :^)

>arcane sorceries that were put into place with Divine Tongue and conning the angel in question
Yea totally easy peasy.

It's not like we have access to 2 speakers of the Divine Tongue or anything...

"There's something in there or you wouldn't have gotten this far," you murmur softly. "I won't kill you, Seraphina."

The pure relief in her wracking sob is almost heartbreaking.

Almost.

You touch the flat of your blade to the side of her head and send a surge of death down it, letting the death-in-steel of Sleep's blade convert it to stillness and quiet. The nephilim stiffens, then slumps over, and you stop feeding the blade.

You'd expected Sleep to take more out of you, but it doesn't. It's remarkably easy to use it for this, and you're not sure how you feel about that.

"What did you do to her?" Tina asks, her voice small and afraid.

"I made her face every bad thing about herself and her life that she's ever avoided," you answer. "I don't think she was ready."

It takes some wiggling, but you get the chain down Seraphina's legs and off of her body.

"Lora?" you say, holding it. "It's River."

Freezing fog billows into the room, extinguishing Tina's wards. Lora steps from it, her arms folded across her chest. "Is there a reason that shackle is still intact?" the angel asks, coldly.

"I want to know what you're going to do with Seraphina," you tell her.

"Her fate is none of my affair, I think. I intend on giving her back to her father. And giving /him/ a piece of my mind."

> ...Alright (release Lora)
> No (propose another idea)

Well, that sounds fair and getting her out of our hair.

>> No (propose another idea)

I think I'M GONNA TAKE OVER THE WORLD INSTEAD LORA! AND YOU WILL BE MY MINION!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Alright folks, I gotta hit bed. Votes remain open.

As always, questions, comments, discussion, feedback, and critique remains both welcome and appreciated.

Thank you all for reading and participating!

>Are there any other options? The last time her father disciplined her, she turend into...this
>wave hand ineffectually
>Who's the guy anyway and where'd he learn his parenting skills?

Can you let us meet her dad? Maybe we could have a talk to him first, see if we can find the root of this whole problem.

ThisIs pretty sound reasoning, she turned into a power hungry maniac the last time her dad disciplined her.

A couple talks with her should be interesting, as she could probably tell us much about Dick's Operations.

Also, this:

She was a power hungry maniac in the first place. That's why he disciplined her.

Well obviously his disciplining didn't work and here we are.

It'd still be cool to meet her dad. We could find out if she became an asshole because he was an asshole, or if he's good and she was always an asshole.

At the very least, we get to see one more side character that Vox is gonna write well.

>No

>Ask to meet the god or get more information on him, try to see if we can get information from the Daughter

I understand wanting to have a word with her dad ourselves, but I'd trust the being that is also an angel to try and fix this better than we (River) could.

The angel who fucked up once before?

Riiiight

I think the user meant Laura when he said angel.

Then again, being an angel doesn't make you wiser or smarter or anything. Didn't Laura tell us about how even the gods don't always know what they're doing?

> No

Fuck it. Let's give her a job and some responsibility. Lord knows we have too much shit going on.

Maybe adopt her into the LaCroix family? God knows they'll give her something to feel worthy doing. And her crippling lack of faith in herself fits right in.

I know this is probably bait, but you're not even wrong really.

To be fair, it seems like she was a power hungry maniac because she is desperate for affection.

I wonder if we could ask the Succubus about this. I mean, it's really more her thing than ours, or Loras, or the Gods.

Hell, we could just ask Lora to put off sending her away until we can talk to other people about what to do.

We're dealing with a bunch of immortals here, no sense making a snap judgement we'll regret.

Let's set her up with the Hatchet man. They can find happiness together, especially since she just really seems to want someone to love her since she has so much trouble loving herself.

Eh, mostly it seems like we don't really have the time to deal with this kind of self-loathing.

You know, the ones that Bri, River, and Jewel to some degree share that they're terrible people at heart who don't deserve love and people only think they love them because they don't know the REAL person.

I think the Daughter could really use someone to say "Here, go forth and do this thing of value and know that even if you are a terrible person, your actions don't have to be" as well as warning them when they're going Zombie Army.

This has been a fight with a very, very lonely person. Hell, even us just standing up to Lora and the Daughter's father might be enough to help her out. Especially if we don't ask her for anything in return.

Hatchet seems to have a thing for Lora, if their interaction was any indication.

Lora is untouchable and probably gay at this point anyways. Most rape victims that are sexually attracted to women stop being fans of the cock.

So we give him the next best thing, a half-angel.

Hold on.
Weren't we planning on using Daughters' bones and wings for stuff?

Too late now. Instead we saved her.

I'm equally disappointed.

Yes, our plan, not river's.

Fuck me man, I wanted to vote for Necromantic alpha strike, but River did a big moral whinge and it just didn't seem right.

Fucking hate getting locked out of the "practical to the point of munchkin" route.

Not enough to break character though.

go back to the shithole youb belong in questshit

I like the LaCroix adoption idea. We can get a theme going.

We were going to use them to make a compass that could point to a heart's desire, which is what Hatchet wants.

Though if he's crushing on Lora, that's probably not going to be much of a problem now.

The Daughter had a thing going with Jewel, so we don't even know if she's into guys in the first place.

She wanted Dick to marry her

. . . . Read the goddamn thread again. She's all about Richard now.

We should offer to do what we did to Jewel and reverse her time so she can have a do-over.

>and probably gay at this point anyways
Did nobody heard of bisexuality ever.

Literally every female character in this quest has been bisexual so yes we've heard of bisexuality

A gay guy. I think that's less an indication of what she's actually into a more a sign that good god she's got ego problems in both directions. She has absurdly inflated fantasies about her own importance while also thinking that she's completely worthless at the same time. Bitch be crazy.

>A gay guy

Dick is gay?

Which just makes some people assigning strict sausage vs. carpet preferences with no inbetweens to other NPCs.

Well we gotta find at least one lesbian or hetero girl somewhere or else where's the diversity

Eh, River's adoption was partly because she was ignorant of the crimes she committed against the dead, and she truly sought redemption. And obviously, becoming a LaCroix is not a magical solution to fixing a person.

To be fair, a lot of demons and angels are fairly sexless, and while some might have a 'preferred' gender or form, they can be whatever they damn well want to be. The rules are very different for them.

Missy Brooks, Diving Shadow, River...

Vox's characters are well-built, and unlike a lot of other quests AND well-known vidya (*cough* Bioware *cough*) their personalities aren't based off their sexual preferences.

By the by Vox, you might want to update the character document. Not immediately! Just, y'know, whenever you want.

I'm gonna go back to my corner now.

>Missy Brooks

Know she likes dick, don't know if she likes pussy

>Diving Shadow
husband and kid, probably likes pussy

>River...
fucking the cigar elf, got hot and bothered by the succubus plus orgies

Yeah. His previous lover was a dude. Apparently his current one is as well.

Whaaa?

Who?

Who said this?

I'm going full [citation required]

Miles the incubus was the Vintner's prisoner as punishment for seducing Dick's husband years ago. So yeah, apparently Dick like dick.

Wait what when was this said? I feel like this must be in a pastebin or a secret thread

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44109941/#p44112746
Miles mentioned it right after the Vintner got killed.

It was way back in thread #7.

Incidentally, good god, it's been 75 threads.

Holy shit.

Fuck, i do remember being surprised the Master wasn't a woman for some reason.

Man, making the big bad gay?

Problematic, Vox.

Miles didn't seduce him. He raped Miles.

Shit, you're right. Didn't remember that bit. Man, reading that again you gotta feel bad for Miles. Raped by some asshole, and then his husband gets pissed and "punishes" him by forcing him into servitude for, from the looks of it, the last three hundred freaking years. Shit, that means Dick's been at this a while.

Everyone is gay, why not the bad guy?

is there anyone not gay?

Nathan maybe?

I mean, there are a bunch of characters either pining after or in committed relationships with people of the opposite sex, but that doesn't necessarily rule out being bi I guess.

Vox really did come here from Tumblr you know. He has his tranny pervert friends read and claims they're too scared to shit post.

So yeah, he's a really good writer but he's also pretty ess jay dubs

Isn't Vox writing books for pathfinder and pathfinder has "every npc is bi so PCs can romance them if they want, regardless of gender"

>no, bring him here, I've got a few choice words for his ears before I decide if I release her or not.

Tell him what an awful fucking father he is. It's honestly add much his fault as her own what she has become.

Last I checked Vox came here due to a 'personal association' with Planefag.

Tranny pervert friend, checking in
Shitpost regularly
Eat my beautiful, hand-crafted dick

Oh, I forgot to ask before, but how's Mourner's going? Having fun?

>This was probably typed without a shred of irony

That's honestly worse.

Post pics. At least I can respect someone who has the balls to be a faggot

That's why Slav games are best games. You slay degenerates, not lay them.

So long as you commit to your gender then whatever. Just don't sleep with you own gender. That's haram.

>hand-crafted dick
Huh. FTM?

>posting self pics on Veeky Forums
>ever
Not a camgirl or an hero, so, pass.

Be a pretty weird turn of phrase otherwise, wouldn't it? At least, I don't THINK FTFuta is a thing yet.

>> ...Alright (release Lora)

>At least, I don't THINK FTFuta is a thing yet.
Just gotta get intersex into mainstream.
Probably start with a campaign of MTFs that like their dick just fine.