The Warmahordes General

Post Your tier list edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
until errata release check:
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?254662-Current-Errata-Threads

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

Other urls found in this thread:

conflictchamber.com/#b31b8u9O6b579GeB9ZahafaR
conflictchamber.com/#b31b8u9O6d579GeB9Z6Tagae
torbjornhansson.blogspot.com.au/
conflictchamber.com/#b61b5saFaG7oc58E7t7t9t4q9ibTal
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is Veeky Forums still shot at this game?

Yes

i'd put legion way higher. ive been seeing the combination of hellmouth / rorsch + brine + battle boar and either lyl1 or vayl2 absolutely demolish people over and over.

seriously, about 80% of the games this guy plays ends in a top of 2 assassination, even against very experienced players because people have no clue how far brine can fucking move and laser beam throw until its happened to them

the hellmouth is also broken as fuck and i'm expecting a nerf within 6 months or 1 year once it dominates legion list building.

THR returns d3+5 troopers to their respective units. Works well with Bastions/Cinerators/Vengers, and also great for reviving the Holy Zealot UA if he gets picked off.

If you have Idrians/Errants, you can move them out with Hand of Fate to clear a high priority unit, then Resurrect them and do it again.

Sacrificial Lamb means that every jack your battlegroup can have two focus every turn, only costing THR one point. This actually makes him a pretty good jack caster.

Burning Ash takes 2 focus now, meaning you can cast two a turn without Hierophant or Wracks. Clouds a lot less useful now that there's so many ways of ignoring it, but being able to screen Vengers or some such can be pretty baller.

His threat range is pretty garbage (10") but you can potentially get off a lot of Immolations if you're running 20-30 infantry.

TLDR take multiwound models, assault models, CRAs, jacks with ranged attacks.

The ToM is a one-trick-pony caster. Run Daughters, Cavalry, and CRAs. Pop your feat and assassinate.

Hmmm

Yes, i thought actually of running him with flameguard +ua and zealots+ua and bastions/cineratos aswell. Maybe a book. Sunburst or two and then Crusaders and Redeemer.
Also Guardians - worth the picking?
Requesting assistance with Feora aswell lol.
>hellmouth / rorsch + brine + battle boar and either lyl1 or vayl2 absolutely demolish people over and over.
Thou shalt give the lists and nobody will get harmed.

I like a reckoner with the high reclaimer. Flare really enables his spell slingling, and def14 against living models is pretty good. Especially if the reckoner is under Tristan so its really 14/21.

The high reclaimer doesn't do much for sunbursts, but your welcome to run them.
TFG+UA is really good if you also bring rhupert for no-knockdown tough.
Zealots benefit a lot from hand of fate, and lets him double dip on souls.
The dream is to bring back a lot of medium based infantry, but I find that they never die fast enough so I almost never get the full feat amount of guys back if I wait for them.

vayl2 is running

War Room Army

Legion of Everblight - vayl2

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Vayl, Consul of Everblight - WB: +28
- Naga Nightlurker - PC: 8
- Nephilim Bolt Thrower - PC: 11
- Seraph - PC: 14
- Archangel - PC: 37 (Battlegroup Points Used: 28)

Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1
Rorsh - Rorsh & Brine: 15
- Brine
- Battle Boar - PC: 7
Strider Deathstalker - PC: 4

Hellmouth - Hellmouth & 3 Tentacles: 6

---

GENERATED : 07/12/2016 15:49:39
BUILD ID : 2022.16-07-07

Lyl1 is running

War Room Army

Legion of Everblight - lyl1

Theme: No Theme Selected
74 / 75 Army

Lylyth, Herald of Everblight - WB: +30
- Naga Nightlurker - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Nephilim Bolt Thrower - PC: 11 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
- Seraph - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)

Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1
Rorsh - Rorsh & Brine: 15
- Brine
- Battle Boar - PC: 7
Grotesque Assassin - PC: 4
Grotesque Assassin - PC: 4
Wrong Eye - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw: 17
- Snapjaw

Grotesque Banshees - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew - Leader & 1 Grunt: 2

---

GENERATED : 07/12/2016 15:53:26
BUILD ID : 2022.16-07-07

>

Feora 1 walks up, feats the entire enemy infantry line, and either survives till next turn and wins the game, or dies. Your list needs to crack armor and you need to abuse Wall of Fire to get the most out of her. She's mostly an assassination bullet; I run her with Devout and Vilmon.

Feora 2 is all about landing flamethrowers on enemy jacks/beasts and multiwound infantry. You can easily get around 5 extra focus and assassinate with boosted a 10" spray+Convections, or possibly use her 15" threat range. She works well as an attrition caster, and she got a HUGE buff with Power Up.

Feora 2 is my favorite/most played caster. Here's my tentative mk3 list.

Feora 2
Vanquisher
Repenter
Repenter
Repenter

Cinerator 5
Zealots 10 +UA
Cleansers 10 + UA
Choir 4

Hierophant
Carvolo

Cinerators are probably going to get the axe. Zealots are a good tarpit, but I might trade them and the Cinerators for Idrians and TFG.

I'm 1 for 1 with the list. Flamethrowers are OP.

What have I done

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points

conflictchamber.com/#b31b8u9O6b579GeB9ZahafaR

(Sorscha 2) Forward Kommander Sorscha [+27]
- Beast 09 [21]
- Mad Dog [7]
Kovnik Andrei Malakov [4]
- Decimator [16]
Brun Cragback [16]
- Lug
Rorsh [15]
- Brine
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (max) [13]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]

Alternatively

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points

conflictchamber.com/#b31b8u9O6d579GeB9Z6Tagae

(Sorscha 2) Forward Kommander Sorscha [+27]
- Beast 09 [21]
- Rager [11]
Kovnik Andrei Malakov [4]
- Decimator [16]
Brun Cragback [16]
- Lug
Rorsh [15]
- Brine
- Battle Boar [7]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (min) [8]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (2) [4]

So how does it works?

Your tier list makes me sad... mostly because it is true.

Skorne 4 Lyfe...*tear*

torbjornhansson.blogspot.com.au/

guy wrote a guide about it

Thanks

Man, thank god for Lucant ignoring 90% of that.

>Ret
>god tier
Are we talking "Sentinels + gunline > all lmao", or "everything is above average or better across their entire list of options"?

To some degree both.

the latter, although the former is encompassed in the latter.

We got hand me down spells from other factions but apparently that was enough to drive is over the edge to become stronk like ox.

Any interesting Ret color schemes? Maybe even your own?
Or better yet, any cool color schemes of any faction? How do your guys look like?

i for one would never go with the "official" - read generic, - read common, colour scheme.
especially with Ret.

it is my army. i would probably include "official" faction colours in some way, unless it didn't fit the rest of my scheme.

>that burnt marshmallow look isn't too bad.

Old photo taken as a WIP.

'boring' official color scheme, but a complete beginner yet.
I tried to paint the savage with reversed colors but it looks kinda strange. Dunno if I'm going to repaint it

Some cleanup and a wash will improve those 100%.

I've ordered some flesh and armor wash, can't wait to try that stuff.

>cleanup
yeah, done that yesterday but on the picture I now see all the little details that are still messy.
Maybe I'm gonna fix that today!

Anybody still thinking about running Bloats with Mobius? I bought a full group of them off a local cephalyx player. Thinking about running them with Denny2, to turn on the feat.

I seriously can't imagine them being bad, under the assumption that you space them properly and are careful when to commit them.

They amped up the ranged game and they singled out Skorne's anti-ranged game delivery piece for nerfing because of "design space". They really did that. They really justified it with those words. So now Skorne has a catalogue full of all new options filling out their "melee brick" idiom that can be blown off the table with impunity.

And the whiners just refuse to get excited about them!

>every time a skorne player complains about mk3 somebody kills an agonizer
>I may be reversing cause and effect there

Well there certainly is a lot of design space now. They weren't wrong.

I do not have Archangel and i am not about to purchase it because i do not like gargossals.
However, an army with 2 lesser minion warlocks is...awesome. Really is. Any chance Circle can get use of those 2? Sorta like the lesser warlock idea overall as well as those two in particular.
(If you can give another Vayl2 list i would be gratefull aswell).
Uhuh okay ty, you have confirmed my suspicions. One last question: Chorus min? Untill i read what he can do i thought High Reclaimer to be a melee caster. All ripped and big ass mace and etc.
>Feora 1 walks up, feats the entire enemy infantry line, and either survives till next turn and wins the game, or dies
Erm and what if i play against almost-zero-infantry list?
Also that amount of fire spraying in feora2made me happy. Carvolo with Cincerators i assume? Idrians and TFG are with UA?

I'm suprised Convergense is that high, seeing hwo they didn't really seem to get anything truly updated for the new editions (aside from a short errata). I have Convergense so I'm glad they're apparently good, though. Was afraid they'd end up shit due to out of date armybook.

How are krea's animus and shieldwalled screen units not a legit delivery pieces?

>krea's animus
You do realize they changed it, right?

>Bastions
don't do it, user. Not ever.
>Guardians
Very good, MAT 7 (9 on the charge attack) and 2 inch melee at POW 18 base is very solid. The arc node and crit pitch are the cherry on top. Totally worth having one or two.
>Feora
which? pls not feora1

Imagine being a worker at PP and being really proud of the new edition and really excited to show the game to all the players and then the reaction is this. Isn't it heartbreaking?

Welcome to the age of the internet. Everyone is an expert and knows better than you. Criticism is expected

Imagine being a Warmachine player and being really hyped for the new edition and they release this. Isn't it heartbreaking?

I have no fucking sympathy.

They lied
They screwed up things that they have no business screwing up
They sucked at their advertising.

The fact that they were proud of the product means that they deserve a rude awakening

Sadly, people are full of shit, like always.

The moral collapse of Skorne as a played faction to mk2 minions levels was certainly interesting, but I don't think they actually planned for it to happen.

you can say that about ANYTHING

Capcom was probably proud of Street Fighter V pre release

Games Workshop was probably proud of the revealing of Age of Sigmar

Michael Jackson wasp probably proud of his makeover surgery

Why dont i want to use Bastions?
Well i have 1 atm.
I dont know, i like both versions.

Speculation question. What are the chances for:
>Ret character unit
>Ret bondless character 'jack
>Invictor solo
>Scattergunner solo
>Highwaymen UA

Anyone have a place to get the card pdfs for mk3

Yeah, I can't even imagine. I mean, the Skinner gained weapon master! What is there to complain about?

Check the archives

3 posts an hour? Dead thread, dead game. Top edition, years in the making.

most people busy playing not busy complaining

>the Skinner gained weapon master
Hahahahahahaha, oh man. That guy.

There's models like this in every faction, though... things that sucked every single day of Mk2 that, when the time came to see what could be done with them, they either ignored completely or (in a couple cases) actually nerfed.

The explanation is there is no explanation.

Or they are at work

I'm at work.

No longer in college so I don't have the time to maintain a thread every day or so.

Anyone?

Feora 1 has Engine of Destruction, which means anything she melees will die; Jacks, battle engines, collosuses. You just have to protect her if you're not assassinating with her.

She's a good all-in-one caster.

The High Reclaimer can deal a shit ton of damage in melee, he's just bad at getting there.

Soles did a AMA

A completely pointless AMA where he ignores the most important questions.

On a scale from 1 (never) to 5 (garaunteed)
>Ret character unit
4, its probably a note attached to a cork board hanging in someone's office. Once they think of some decent lore, you'll see them.
>Ret bondless character 'jack
2, i feel those are the exception, not the rule and were a single one shot release. Never say never, but don't hold your breathe.
>Invictor solo
5, with the dawngaurd scyir changing to the dawnguard sentinel scyir, it was probably changed for that often hated #designspace. This is one of those times where it might pay off, as the change was insignificant.
>Scattergunner solo
2, i know the back of the scattergunners card is blank, meaning you could add anything, but most of the obvious ideas would better be served on a UA. Best bet for this is a trollkin shotgun nut that happens to possess the scattergunner tag without providing any benefit to other scattergunners.
>Highwaymen UA
3, they're not that old (i think). They seem capable of performing their intended purpose of medium ranged skirmisher (although WMH probably doesn't utilize that role all too well). On the flip side, designing a balanced unit with a useful intent doesn't feel too hard for them. Slap prowl onto the unit and some simple movement trick to emphasize that skirmish nature, like a once per game 2" or 3" place effect for the unit.

All rampant speculation.

So, PP must have a public relations officer or manager or something, and whoever they are, they are fucking insane.

My little Castigator is ready to set something up in the mame of the one true LAW!

Where do you guys buy your warmahordes models?

my local store. they're awesome

>Play Mordikaar
>He was actually an okay dude

Neat. The only problem is the sort of Skornegy with him and Cetrati.
>Want to Revive a unit worth a shit ton of points for value
>Feat buffs DEF which doesn't do much for Cetrati

I know that this is just wishful thinking fueled by me loving the scattergunners' models, but as they no longer have infantry swarms they can grind through a solo, called say "scattergunner sharpshooter" that allows them to chose not to get a spray template for extra armor cracking and maybe range/rat would make them sooooo juicy. Also it just really saddens me that fenns are only 10 man in trolls with both ua and solo.

How'd I do Veeky Forums?

Mercenary Army - 75 / 75 points

conflictchamber.com/#b61b5saFaG7oc58E7t7t9t4q9ibTal

(Ashlynn 1) Ashlynn D'Elyse [+29]
- Buccaneer [6]
- Freebooter [9]
- Mangler [15]
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (max) [19]
Steelhead Halberdiers (max) [11]
Steelhead Halberdiers (max) [11]
Thorn Gun Mages [9]
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution [6]
Major Harrison Gibbs [4]
Ogrun Bokur [5]
Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage [5]

No Mules? That boy ain't right...

THAT BOY NEEDS THERAPY

I could switch out the Mangler for a Mule, but I think the Mangler does better. It's less Focus Thirsty and hits harder and is harder to take down. Thresher lets it wreck groups too.

So what does the Mule offer?

The Mule has a crit on its gun that works well with her feat.

It's nice, but I'm not so sure it's mandatory.

So, a while back on the PP forums, someone made a post in the Cygnar section asking about a Trencher Commando CA (i have to stop myself and remember that they changed it from UA to CA every time I use the term.). Most people felt it would be good to provide the commandos with some armor cracking potential. After all, Cygnar units aren't known for cracking armor, meaning a potential design space hole to fill and it would give the commandos a role if their prime targets weren't in the opponent's list. This all sounds good.
However, think of it from a faction wide standpoint. If the commandos are good at clearing infantry, what with anatomical precision and the scattergunner WA, and also had the capacity to crack hard targets, are they now infringing on the roles of other units? If you can take Trollkin Scattergunners to crap all over your opponent's light infantry, and can also use that same unit to scrap one of that same opponent's heavies, are the scattergunners doing too much?
From your perspective, now they wont ever feel ineffective. Awesome. From someone else's? Their beloved bushwhackers or highwaymen don't feel as good anymore. Sure, 10 man CRA's did a decent job at cracking armor, but they really lack the infantry clearing of 10 individual SP8 attacks.
Does this make sense?

Reminder that factions shouldn't be able to play any style they want as it turns list picking into a coin flip.

Yeah, the Skorne infantry warlocks are still doing their things, beasts just became an enforced liability, and skorne infantry still can't deal with buffed armored boxes.

That's quick and easy to say but it covers A LOT.

At this point they don't do much at all. They are designed to sweep infantry, but the game steers away from infantry focus. They even often fail at that with their low rat. They are a meh gunline piece because of low range. And they can barely scratch lights let alone heavies or casters. So at the moment they don't do anything at all which is a waste of a beatiful sculpt. A solo that would allow them to as much as poke heavies would make me autoinclude them in all my lists, not because of how superb it would make them, but because they would be playable.

Yeah, Thorn Gun Mages already have me covered on push back, along with the occasional slam from the Bokur.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web please, for our general mental health, someone should put it in the OP copy pasta.

>new to the game
>got the Protectorate Mk3 Battle Box
>signed up for Journeyman League at FLGS
>still haven't painted my miniatures
>haven't even played a game yet
>already week 2 of the league

what a waste

Ret char unit is done playtesting - it'll come out with the command book
Next Ret char jack is bonded
No invictor solo

Before I continue any further, I admit to having little knowledge of the Trollbloods as a faction. They are poorly represemted in my meta, and never interested me as a side faction.
I would like to first address your concern for high armor, low model count lists taking over the game. In the long run, I just don'r see it. At the moment, Hordes players just feel confused and Warmachine players have a ready abundance of a playstyle that was previously unavailable to them. Jackspam is the new hotness. And, much like Will Smith in the early 2000's, it's gonna be everywhere. But, just like Will Smith, it isn't the best thing out there. Heck, the best counter to jackspam is still high damage infantry. And the best counter to high damage infantry is plenty of infantry clearing. Your scattergunners will have time to shine once people start accepting that they need bane knights or stormblades... blight nyss swordsmen (turns out, I suck at remembering the names of hordes models).
And then you might say, "But, random dude, pow 12 and rat 5 aren't all that great. The average unit's defensive stats are going to trivialize my attempts at murder!"
Honestly, I had to dig into War Room for the next few sentences. There are a handful of warlocks in Trollbloods with ways to strengthen the Scattergunners. Anyone with a RAT buff or DEF debuff could do well with them, I feel. Their accuracy limits them far worse than their damage. POW 12 averages out to a 19 damage roll, so most things that are armor 18 or less (most infantry) will die if hit, but being hit is a difficult prospect at 5 RAT. Warlocks that do this are Grim1, Grim2, Hoarluk3, and Grissel1. If any of them are beast or assassination 'locks, having a unit that can clear chaff and jam pretty well might work. (Clear! would be a cool rule for a CA to give them, as an aside. Isn't Gunnbjorn trying to get the trollblood all 'military tactics'd up in the fluff?)
I'd talk more, but Veeky Forums says comments cannot exceed 2000 c

>high damage infantry
Yeah just let me get my Preatorian Weaponmasters real quick.

We had the league slowed town to 2 weeks for a round and I still barely got the participation badges. All work no play makes user a dull boy.

ITS PSYCHOSOMATIC

Purely psychosomatic?

Anyone else doing the Journeyman as Ret? What are you adding for week 2 and 3? Also are you swapping casters for Week 4?

Do you or anyone else know that cheap online stuff?

miniture market and thewarstore offer a 10% discount but you'll have to order a big shipment to get free shipping.

you might get lucky on amazon, especially if you have prime.

other than that you are better off at your LGS

eBay. The cheapest you'll find anywhere else is 10% because of pp's free rider policy.

Get off your lazy ass and go play then. Bitching about it won't accomplish anything

What's even the point of reviving?

Most games are decided turn 3. Reviving something that can't actually do anything for a turn seems largely pointless for most games. The only reason to revive is to put a model somewhere to threaten a free strike or block a charge lane, and in that case cetrati aren't much better than any other infantry.

You Revive because your Nihilators are going to feed you 10 souls for free.

So Skorne sucks even more now? It's like 40k all over again, can't pick something lest it gets trampled by what sells.

Skorne in Mk3 as summarized by user:

>Fury Management
Condition on beasthandlers got nerfed so there is less fury management
Enrage no longer gives free charges and Skorne now has no access to free charges
Titans had their fury reduced

>Defensive stats
Titans had their def reduced by 2
Cataphracts lost 3 boxes

>Animus
Far Strike became self only
Fatewalker got worse
Krea bubble lost its Arm bonus
Skorne gained Spiny Growth but Spiny Growth became self only
Sentry lost Locker

Losing theme forces hurt Cataphract play or usage
Morg2 got his feat back but lost a few rules (like immunity to CMA/CRA) and traded out Silence of Death (which got buffed in Mk3) for a shitty nuke
Makeda1 randomly lost Combo-Strike, Defender's Ward and traded Savagery for Quicken
Makeda2 lost Road to War and Leash
So now only Mak1/Morg1/Xerxis2 can buff speed
Spell slave can't cast upkeeps anymore so Marketh is now pretty costly for something of debatable use
Xerxis1 lost Inhospitable Ground for Rift
Mobility went up in cost which hurts Xerxis2's gameplay
Croak raiders got nerfed
Gators got nerfed
Archidon is shit
Rhinodon is shit
Bog Trog Ambushers got nerfed
Flank and Gang no longer work on Stationary/Knocked Down targets
Hakaar doesn't count as an Ancestral Guardian anymore so Zaal can't Direct Spirits to him
Zaal traded Invioable Resolve for a spell that makes models undead (hence no longer producing souls for him/his guardians)

There's tons more

hard to believe poorfags think they're "beating the system" by playing an "alternative" game. If you want the 40k models, buy the models. GW doesn't give a shit if you play the game or not. If you don't buy GW's models you aren't beating anybody. You're just playing a less popular game. If the rules are better, if it's what your friends play, that's great. But the idea that you "beat the system" by "switching" to Warmahordes is just retarded. Hurr durr I got tired of the way the rules were stacked in basketball so I switched to tennis! I sure R smrt!

Could you elaborate?

I think the mk3 recursion mechanics are there to create more of a feeling of attrition, and not just ignoring your losses one turn.

Def buffs are still alright on most things. Honestly though, dudes like bloodrunners might be better. Murder Jump Cats could be cool too.

I really wish they let revived model make actions. I don't see why they would let Revive still be 3 fury and do the exact same thing that the Cost 2 "revive" spells do. It would have actually done something to differentiate the spells.

Way to miss the point nigger. In addition to not having it be about money, its still way better to like side factions in warmahordes since not every fucking element orbits Marines and their shitty fans.

>everyone wants to play 40k
>they just are foolish enough to stray away
>all contrary opinions are people trying to hate on GW to be cool
Wow, this is what faggots actually believe?

When do theme lists come out? I want a new Magnus Agenda or Bad Seeds list to brew.

Theme lists come out when a faction's Command book comes out - with the exception of Mercenaries (who are getting their 5 charters each as a separate book).

So first group to get themes will be Trolls as their book releases in Dec.
Retribution will be one of the later groups, their schedualed for second quarter of 2017.

>2nd Quarter for Ret
RIP In Piss Dreams