Any TTRPGs that would be good for children?

Any TTRPGs that would be good for children?
Relatively simple, not too gritty and challenging, fun?

Ryuutama.

Will look

Are Risus, Mini-six good?

No.

Why?

Scrolls and Swords
Lasers and Feelings
Maybe Strike! if you give them pregen characters.

Dungeon World works well as babby's first RPG.

Golden Sky Stories looks good for kids.

Fate Accelerated probably works.

Bump

bump for self interest i got a 9 yo, that has seen me and my wife play with our friends and wants to play as well so i want to DM her something simple to start

Risus is a fun system. PDF related is simple, and might be something she'll like.

>Scrolls and Swords
looked up, kinda meh
This looks good, thank you

Any particular reason D&D 5e won't work? Seems like it'd be really good as My First RPG. Hell, that's one of the reasons I like it.

Yeah, Scrolls and Swords is a subpar L&F clone.

Sorceries and Sellswords is a little better IMO.

That indeed looks better

Attention span of this brat
+She doesn't like to read

Lasers and Feelings is a good one. It was my first TTRPG and we had a great time even though all we did was humiliate ourselves in front of some space pirates. Admittedly I was 19 rather than 9 at the time, but I think the point stands.

Mouseguard

I ran it for my girls when they were 11-12 and they loved it. Every weekend it was "Can we play more Mouseguard...pleeeeease"

Ended up buying them some mouse miniatures from reaper for them to paint up, too.

Obviously, Witch Girls

Seconding mouseguard, its fairly lighthearted and is one of the few systems that don't really revolve around all combat all the time.

Wushu.

Same. My nephew really wants to play a game similar to what I do with my friends (which is Part time gods and world of darkness) and he really wants to play with me and my friends but it is really inappropriate for children. Also I know that since he is a kid that pursues more athletic endeavors, that he doean't really have a lot of patience or the attention span to sit through a lot of rules. I need something fast and simple for him to understand and kid friendly and I will make a well balanced person out of him yet.

Maybe try playing a sanitized version of Maid.

What would that entail?

Bempo

Organising make-believe, huh?

Of course you can't just put a rulebook in front of an elementary school kid and expect them to be super enthusiastic about the RPG.
No matter the system, you have to get their interest with an actual session first.

All memes a side I really second Dungeon World as an introduction to RPG's.

Depending on the age level your working with it may be a good idea to start with board games with rpg elements first. I strongly suggest Betrayal at House on the Hill for this, but the content might be 2spooky if your group is too young. There are others as well, but I'm not personally familiar with them.

My 6 and 7 yo boys loved Hero Kids. Premade characters, a board, one extremelly simple mechanic...

Now that they've learnt a little how these things go I want to start them up with Little Wizards, which already include having them make their own characters (but still with an extremelly simplified system and jut a couple options, but more or less significant ones [3 stats that get a +0, +1 or +2, and there's 4 magic powers [fly, transformation, general reality altering spells, potion making] but you can only start with 3]. It's mostly fluff options).

Both are specifically designed for children.

If you're are a little older, you can also try some minimalist system.

Dunno, just tell us. How old are they, how much of an attention span do they have, how much are they into fantasy stuff already?

brump