Mecha Mercs Skirmish Mission 9 part2

previous thread: >The Camels continue to systematically dismantle the enemy defence.

>standby for NPC Phase.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByBa8MyYxN52WXBaSGRiNHZlaG8&usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Warlord: "You people shouldn't underestimate my boys, especially when... hmm?... what do you mean 2/3s of the tanks are gone? and my cobras? Dammit Carl how can you miss a shot like that!?"

Warlord: "You know what? Fuck you guys! I am not gonna be hauled to some smug IF tribunal then tossed in a cell to rot. Me and my armored mega-goats will take at least some of you to hell with me! BULLET HELL!"

Declare your actions, you have until tomorrow 9am GMT +8

Wait, him and his armored what-was-that? Boats? Moats? Goats? Shoats?

Malign murderous mountain mayhem, someone get me a visual on this enemy armored mega float.

>Lock onto Northern Cobra
>Fire dual laser rifle Alpha Strike into Northern Cobra (+4 to hit, +8 with successful lock)

The Crocodile slowly rocked right and left as it ascended the rocky terrain, the pilot slowly drifting the joystick left and right, scanning for his next target.

"Where are you...?" Bludhawk quietly muttered under his breath. Then he heard it, the tell-tale "KRUMP!" of a mortar and the high whistle of its descent. He stabbed into a pedal, sidestepping the blast and leaving his right side lightly scorched.

"Contact Right!" The torso and arms swung upward to see one of the enemies VTOLS taxiing out of an opening hangar door. "Fuck, Contact Front!" The left arm shot first, cutting its beam into the concrete before the gunship, then tracking up its body, before its partner in the other arm whirred to life as well, stabbing into the aircrafts spinning prop and melting it away.

"That's one down, who's next?"

BLUDHAWK
Skills: Gunner (Vigilance), Gunner (Suppression), Gunner (Alpha Strike) Redline
==Jormungandr==
[Crocodile] - HP 18/18
DEF 10 - ECM 8
SEN 10 - MV 4+1

Right Arm - Laser Rifle
Left Arm - Laser Rifle
RNG: 6 ROF: 3 DAM: 2 PEN: 2 (3) CRT: 19 (17) Special: Beam, Doubles Damage
Torso - Stiletto Targeter, Hunter-Killer Missile {1/1}, Smoke Launcher {2/2}
Armor - Ablative Armor
Legs - Thruster Array

Rolled 14, 17, 10, 16, 14, 4, 17 = 92 (7d20)

Rolls. Man, I suck at this dice thing.

3C! The warlord has deployed a GOAT unit! I repeat: Gargantuan Ordnance, Automatic Targetting heavy artillery units! I didn't even know you could still get those on the black market, they were banned by IF mandate. All pilots, get into cover of the cliff-face and pull out, we do not have the manpower or capacities to take on self-propelling nuclear lobbing clusterbomb lobbing catapul--

wait a second.

Dammit, Mr. Kerry, are we fighting actual goats? My tac-net is showing actual live mega-goats on the field. They have some kind of awful looking rotary cannon with a mean looking bullet-per-second ratio.

God I miss the days I was fighting oil pirates or fanatics.

Kail! Malek! Kestrel! Don't under-estimate the enemy goats, we just lost a pilot to murderous mad mega Kaus, I won't be the Commander who gets another pilot killed to gnarly great goats! Focus fire on the enemy defenses!

That warlord is in a GuyeCo mech, do /not/ get close to him or you will drown in bullets.

I love these threads. Thank you.

"Armoured-mega-pardonfuckwut? I'm sorry, I think my tacnet has had a spasm, things aren't displaying correctly..."
Can we tell what the "Mega Goats" seem to be armed with?

"Kail and Kestrel, recommend we pull back West and regroup with Spare and everyone else. We can't take on all those... whatevers... by ourselves. It'll force them to come to us, and I can lay down more smoke and repair some of those holes Kail."

You might suck at posting them, but damn are you good at rolling them!

Carrying stats over from previous thread:
==Overlord==
[Lord] - HP 4/12
DEF 10 - ECM 8
SEN 12+4 - Move 4
---
Armour - Stealth {16}
Right Arm - Repair Arm, Mine Launcher {0/4}
Left Arm - Smoke Launcher {1/2}, Demo Charge {1/1}
Torso - Tac-Net Hub, Sensor Pod
Legs - Four
---

The mega-goats appear to be equipped with some kind of armour, other than that they don't seem to have any weapons beyond their horns. Be careful though. Common knowledge of mega-goats says that while they are not the biggest and strongest of mega fauna they can perform devastating charge attacks.

The Warlord however appears to be kitted out with the standard overcompensation loadout:

Wimp:
Composite Armour
RA: Bullet Hose
LA: Bullet Hose

Rolled 17, 14 = 31 (2d20)

>Drone control
2A:
>move 66666
>lock on A2(+6 to roll)
2B:
>launch longbow at A1 again(Auto hit)
>overwatch with smartgun(+6 to roll)
>move 1, face 1

(the rapid clattering of the console's boards hastened, with new shrieking and beeping from the consoles reporting the damage, adding on to the choir of electric alarms.)
"Get behind me Malek, I'll block for you as much as possible!"
(with a grin, kestrel orders the launch of the longbow. the drone responds, the circuts and servos responding to the rapid feeds coming from the tac-net hub.)
"this should kill it..."

[Crocodile]
>HP:10/14
>DEF: 10(optional +2)
>E-Def: 14(8+2+4)
>Sensor range: 10
>Mobility: 5 (4+1)
>Stealth Rating: 8

>Torso: (3/3)
- Recon Drone (1)
- Combat drone (1)
- ECCM pod (1)(+4 E.Def)
>RA: (2/2)
- Laser Rifle (2)
>LA: (2/2)
- Tactical shield (2)(+2 DR on front arc)
>Legs: (1/1)
- Thruster array (1)(+1 Mob. Jump)
>Armor: Adaptive Camo(+8 stealth rating, +2 Def in cover)

-Miscellaneous
>Redundant Subsystems (1/1)

Recon drone
>HP:4/4
>DEF: 16(14+2)
>E-Def: 12(10+2)
>Mobility: 5
>Stealth Rating: 14
>mech pistol(-)
>Superior drone AI(Def, E.Def+2)
>high tech, jump, scan

Combat drone
>DEF: 14(12+2)
>E-Def: 10(8+2)
>Mobility: 6
>smart gun(-)
-HV. Ammo(ballastic weapon range +2)
>longbow missiles(2/3)
>Superior drone AI (Def, E.Def +2)
>high tech, jump

Training:
Combat tech
>For[T]ified Systems
>Enhanced [DR]one Control
>Superior Drone [AI]

I'm glad that flying drones doesn't trigger mines.

Hello Caramel Camel Corps. Are you still taking in new recruits? I stumbled upon your saga while browsing and would love a chance to join in the fun.

"I don't think we'll be able to regroup fast enough! how are we going to wade through a minefield, while avoiding angry mechs, and reach the middle of the complex? and my drones... they need my guidance!! I can't run while controlling my drones?"

did you read the recent threads? I'm sure we were taking in new recruits...

Always. Just fill out the requisite paperwork and we'll set you up with the appropriate mechanized unit.

Ease up Kestrel, I'll come to you. You can't move for the mines - but neither can they.

Malek and Kail will back you up, and we'll be right there.

CRYPTIC - leave that tank to Chuck, move up!

Yes I think positions were still open. But I just wanted to make sure regardless. I would love your feedback on my build though. I was thinking:
[Komodo]
Ablative
HP: 20/20
Torso: N/A
LA: Tactical Shield
RA: Frag Cannon
Legs: N/A

And Assault Skill if free classes were still being offered to new recruits

Positions are still open. If you haven't found it already here's the link to the player resources drive:

The rest of the players can fill you in on what stuff to take.

Will do Mr. Kerry! I hope to prove my worth to the 3C soon.

New recruit Nihilus checking in..

Nihilus was a young military wunderkind who had the unfortunate tendency to self-destruct in his private life. After losing everything back home in one of his downward spirals, he decided to seek a new future as a merc. Upon hearing of the growing reputation of the 3C from his old military buddies, he decides to give it a shot. He is determined to earn his place among their ranks... or die trying

The build im interested in so far after going through the Starter Mech Construction is this:
[Komodo]
Ablative
HP:20/20
DEF: 8
ED: 6
SR: 6
Move: 4
RA: Frag Cannon

And the Assault skill if free classes are still given.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Rolled 9, 1, 17, 17, 9 = 53 (5d20)

"Yeah, let's back off for a while, I don't feel too comfortable here."
>fire linked Smartguns on Komodo A1 (free action, +2)
>hack BULLET HELL (Motive systems, +4, free action)
"Here's a parting gift, boys ! Should have invested in an ECM before buying Guye Co !"
>move 22344
>run 44454
"Is that far enough ?"

=Aimbot=
Chassis : Stratus
HP : 16/16
DR : 12
ED : 14 (10)
SR : 16 (12)
Mv : 5 (4)

LA : Smartgun
RA : Smartgun
Torso : ECCM pod, Active Scanner, Swarmer pods×2 (2/2, 2/2)
Legs : Thruster Set
Armor : Ablative

Pilot skills : Advanced Electronics, Viral Upload, Automated Agression.

Rolled 20 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

Welcome aboard Nihilus! Added to the roster.

You might be better off with the Crocodile if you're not going the Mace route. It does around the same damage, more reliably, with about the same defence. It has more space for upgrades, and if you want to sell it it's worth more as well.

"Roger that Kestrel, I'm pulling back. Can you come over here instead Kail? Means they have to run further to get to us!"
>Wait for Kail and Kestrel to go
>Move 5655
>Repair Kail
>Free action pop smoke
>If Komodo is dead, Free action Lock on Warlord (+4)

==Overlord==
[Lord] - HP 4/12
DEF 10 - ECM 8
SEN 12+4 - Move 4
---
Armour - Stealth {16}
Left Arm - Smoke Launcher {0/2}, Demo Charge {1/1}
Legs - Four
---

Rolled 19 (1d20)

"Roger that."
>override movement actions
>move 55554
"Here, I'll even lock on the Alligator for you, keep or Tacnet strong."
>lock on Alligator A1 (+4)

I thought it'd be more fitting to my pilot's backstory to go with the deathwish like tactics of the Komodo over the more balanced mid range Croc. I was initially leaning towards the mace at first but I didn't want to become too much of a liability since it would leave the Komodo more susceptible to being swarmed. I figured the FC would be a good enough compromise.

The blips on the tactical scanner refused to go away despite Sparebits relentless blinking. The little symbols leered out of the information display. Goats. Armored charge goats backed up by a mass-bullet barrage.

War. War always changed. Somehow always for the wierder.

"This is Sparebits, I'm moving to intercept the enemy mech group.
Chuck - get the tank.
Cryptic, you're with me.
The remaining enemy cobra is heavily damaged from laser-fire.
I need the VTOL gone before it locks on to anyone."

His mech came to a slow stop, power transfering from the motive systems to back-up computational processing. Sparebits hand hovered over a giant red botton he'd kludged into the broadcasting system. Didn't shake.

"I'm activating the electronic data interdiction. Please update your protocols."

He pressed the activation switch. The nimbus shuddered with the sudden power surge and then the air-waves filled with exabytes of transmissions data and an awful, screeching guitar track.

"3C! COOL AS CAMELS! 3C! THE TOPPING ON YOUR MERCENARY ICE CREAM! 3C!VOTEDBESTCAMELRUSTLERSINDROIQBAN3CFORYOUR---"

Seemed the system was working.

"This is Sparebits. SatCom spam zone is functional. How do you all like the jingle?"

>move 4(2)
>run 2, 2, 3, 2

>-Tap, SatCom Jammer reduces A1 and A2 to 1 action.

=Blue Screener=
Chassis : Nimbus
HP : 10 / 18
DEF : 10+2 = 12 [running]
ED : 14
SR : 12
Mv : 4

LA : EccmDrone + HammerPod
RA : EccmDrone + HammerPod
Torso : SatCom Jammer
>Redundant SubSystem
Legs : Hopefully.
Jumpjets in storage.

Pilot skills : Fortified Systems, Enhanced Drone Control, Redline

Sorry, that pic was wrong (failed to account for kestrel's move). Here's a better one.

Nice one. I think Kestrel's drone already locked onto A2 though, so you could fire something at it instead. Tac-net-teamwork!

AHAHAHAHA! Suck it tanks! I knew obsessively overwatching would pay off sooner or later.

>I am not gonna be hauled to some smug IF tribunal then tossed in a cell to rot!
Well....you're not wrong...

Roger, advancing. I'm in bad shape though, one more hit and I'm done for. I don't wanna end up like poor Wechuge.

>Move 3223
>Run 2322

==Chickenheart==
Crocodile
HP: 6/18
Def:10(+2, running)
EDef:8
Sensor:10
Move:4
Armour: Ablative Armor
Torso: Demo Charge
RA: Laser Rifle

>last override, I promise, I'm sorry please don't leave me to the goats
>lock on Alligator A3

"actually sir, I was thinking about leading the enemy to the minefield..but most close range fighters on the enemy side is mostly dead so I guess it's a moot point now."

"well, that was the original idea. either way, you should stand back, you're not in good shape. the mines will stop them from charging you at least."

>DEF: 10(optional +2)
(shoot, this should be 16.(default 10+4 from smoke cover+2 from Adaptive camo for being in cover))

Rolled 11, 7, 18, 11, 12 = 59 (5d20)

"What the!? I'm hit? That can't be right."

>Move & Run 1 N, 7 NE, 3 SE, 2NE (see pic)
>Lock on and shoot the VTOL

I could Attack the cobra, LAV, A2 or the VTOL.
Pic related puts me in the best position to strike and fade next turn.
Tell me if I should prioritize a different target.

=Phantasm=
Chassis: Cirrus
HP: 6/10
Def: 18 (this turn)
EDef: 10
Torso: Guidance Disruptor

Rolled 13 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>Move 3222
>Charge 222, Swing at remaining tank.
>- +2 from Melee Sub-processor, +2(?) From advanced warfare.

---

=The Regulator=
Batman
-Ablative Armour-
HP: 24/24
Def: 8
EDef: 8
Sensor: 6
RA: Electro Bat, Melee Sub-Processor
LA: Blast Shield, Harpoon
Legs: Juggernaut Mods
Extra: Redundant Sub-system
Skills: Combat Tech, System Restore, Deflection Angles

Strike one VTOL and one tank! Just the mechs and the ...goats... left.

Fast posting this morning, only Hetros and Alice left to go. Btw, what time zones are everyone in? I'm GMT.

You look fine, feel free to beg for gear after this next mission, odds are a veteran will get it to you (probably me, as I'm buying the generally cheaper utility items next buy-round)

10:06 in the night here. I live in asia.

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Hm... looks like I rolled two dice when I sould have rolled three. Also I should move back.
So here's what, I'm rolling one more dice for the second overwatch smartgun shot of the combat drone(that I forgot to roll) as well as changing my move action in as the following:
>move 6,5

This way I end up in the right clould thar malek deployed.

Murkan
EST

Likewise, GMT.

Normally Mountain time US(-7) but varies a good deal due to travel.

EST (-5), whenever I get around to joining up.
I'm actually at work right now, good thing I can't get fired for browsing Veeky Forums

Well, apparently I just posted my tripcode by accident because I forgot the #. Guess I gotta change it now.

EST (-5), Canadbrah, and although I work most the day i can sneak in a post or two.

Rolled 17 (1d20)

>Move 2 2 2 1 1
>Fire cough gun on G1 (Ambush, warfare training)

-Errant-[ERT]
HP 14 / 14
Def 10
ECM 12
Sensor 10
Move 6
--
Right Arm: Advanced War Rifle
Left Arm: Cough Gun
Legs: --
Torso: Chaff Launcher, Smoke Launcher, ECCM Pod
Armour: Stealth (18)
Ammo: HV rounds x1
Skill: Commando, Concealment, Ambush

Wrong trip

PST insomniac.

A nondescript man approaches the Caramel Camel Corps with an application in hand.

"Excuse me, I heard that you guys are still recruiting so here is my application."

Chassis: [Crocodile]
Armour: Ablative Armour (+4 HP)
HP: 18/18

If there is anything wrong with my sheet or you have suggestions, feel free to let me know.

"uh... sir, I truly appreciate the help, but you appear to have left your drones back in the entrance."

oh boy another new guy
this is great, so much new guys!
oh. anyway, look up the following :
It should contain most information needed. You can also choose your first skill for free. how do you plan to build your character? melee? ranged? support?

Great to meet you mister... Doe? Welcome aboard!
Proceed to the mess, where you will receive your complimentary camel hair smoking jacket, and coupons for a lifetime supply of "Camel-Os" breakfast cereal.

We're getting so many new recruits, it might be worth the company investing in a second modernisation program.

===The Three-C===
--- Officers ---
[01][CO] SparebitS - Midas
[02][2IC] HetroS - Midas
--- Veterans ---
[03]HoneypoT - ?
[04]KaiL - Midas
[05]MaleK - Midas
[06]AlicE - Midas
[07]ChucK - Midas
[08]HorsT - X-zone
[09]KestreL - Midas
[10]GunmaN - Midas
[11]GoosE - X-zone
[12]BludhawK - Midas
[13]TragedY - ?
[14]TeM - ?
--- Recruits ---
[15]BorealiS - X-zone
[16]CryptiC - Midas
[17]IzzY - X-zone
[18]HazE -
[19]NihiluS -
[20]BobDoE -

--- Inactive ---
EisensturM
--- AWOL ---
LabyrintH
GasolinA
--- Honor Wall ---
Wendigo: Qadrus Defence, Two elite mechs
Numberwang: Principality Defence, a billion tanks
WechugE: Exclusion zone movie, two Mad Kaus to the face

"Ah I want to be the one who lays down overwhelming firepower so looks like Gunner class is the one for me right?"

>might be worth the company investing in a second modernisation program.
Here here!

Feel free to beg for gear, you'll get it most likely on the condition that you pay it forward
My vote on modernization is for a lord, the Komodo is still reasonably tank, while the cobra is definitely showing its wear.

What does modernization entail exactly?

As I understand it, the company pays to have another mech/loadout available for selection in the Construction Rules page for new players.

Essentially the corp pays out so that newbies like us aren't stuck with mediocre mechs.

The one they're talking about specifically replaces the Cobra with the Lord.

There's another that replaces the Komodo with the Batman.

I also assume it's a one-time fee, so in the long run everyone saves money, though I recall some mention of conversion when transferring money from our wallets to the corp? 5 to every 1 credit or something?

I'm in Asia

I have to ask, why do you capitalize the last letter of everyone's name?

5:1 player cred to company cred.
Player-player cred loans are either not allowed or are 1:1, I'm quite sure it's disallowed as creds represent favors and friends gained or something

Yeap. The company already has one, that replaced the Alligator with the Crocodile, which is just all round superior.

Hm.
I've only just realised looking at this that purchasing new licenses unlocks new company assets for purchase. Guye Co. unlocked CQC Doctrine and the mechapult, Knite Lite unlocked Hunter Doctrine and the minelayer missile, and Exo Terra unlocked the Electronic Support aircraft. I wonder what options the other licenses will offer.

On a related note, I feel that the reason the extraction aircraft goes so unused is because it comes at the price of neutralising your cost/pay for the mission, and I think I speak for most if not all of the corps when I say that they would rather get their mech shot out from under them and risk potential death escaping on foot than give up their payday.

>I want to be the one who lays down overwhelming firepower so looks like Gunner class is the one for me right?
You tell me.

Oh, neat. Must have missed this one.

I do recall this though. The class always struck me as a bit gimmicky and not terribly practical.

"Woah, that looks awesome! Gunner for me then!"

>Take the Gunner class

I pulled that with the base gunner skill too. For an example of what you can do at max level look no further than our own Bludhawk.

Shouldn't these be in the player resources? I didn't even know these existed.

Also you guys made me look up what a group of crocodiles is called because we have so many new players picking them up now.
Apparently it's called a float or bask, huh.

Oh, and welcome to the CRC-LZ/G club.

Command did say it was combination of a few different things that did not make it into other classes.
Scythe FireControl and the ION cannon cover the entire map if burning HIGH ENERGY DEATH lines maybe?
Outdated one was taken down, eve is out of date since it before we purchased Advanced Warfare Training. I'm sure when it comes time for the "hanger" round/thread we will get a fully up to date copy.

Command will probably update it next hangar thread. These are pulled from archived threads and are out of date. The first one is missing our black market purchase, and the second advanced warfare.

>we have so many new players picking them up now.
Not really a surprise, the Crocodile is an incredibly good budget robot. Kerry tells me that the things have been selling like hot cakes since Gavial put them on the market, and it's not hard to see why. They've got comparable performance to other modern frontline units, and while its laser rifle is basic it still packs a hell of a wallop.

The two licenses are 80 each.

Beginning processing

And it used to be so exclusive.

Warlord: "Fucking ECM! You little shits think you can hobble my forces with your jamming!?"

>Standby for NPC phase

Mr. Kerry, I think there's a problem with the tac feed. I'm getting huge amounts of latency right now...

Warlord:"Well how bout my boys JAM a few grenades up your ass!"

[Sparebits]: System hacked, High-tech equipment off line.

A2: "Jammer's down! Move in and nade em!"

Warlord: "Charge my glorious goats!... oh ho-ho! What did you find? Stealth bastards! I was wondering how the western patrol went down so quickly to just one mech. Heheh your comrades may have slowed me but I can move just enough to get you in my sights... "

Cable Guy: "Hetros! He's coming up on your flank! Get out of-"

*BRRRRRRRRRT*

>standby for aftermath...

[spoilers]Oops[/spoilers]

Kerry kicks the tac-computer.

Cable Guy:"Hetros!... all those explosive rounds...there's nothing left."

Pilot Hetros: KIA

Oh noes! Declare your actions people. As usual the turn gets processed tomorrow at 9AM +8 GMT.

RIP Hetros. The dakka was just too much ;_;7

Alpha Strike with 2(BH) and heavy duty servos?

(excuse me cognis, but I need to move 1 tile in direction 5. see )

>Well that's what I get for missing a turn :S

(oh, and no smartgun overwatch for the combat drone? I manually launched the missile, and then used overwatch with it's smartguns, my combat drone should have taken a shot against one of those goats.)

Sorry, updating...

You got unlucky with the detection rolls from the goats.

Rolled 1 (1d20)

"C4 and C8 can you take these goats out?"

>Redline for crit (Crit on first shot, roll for second)
>Fire AWR on Wimp
>Mov 4 4 4 4 5 4

-Errant-[ERT]
HP 14 / 14
Def 10
ECM 12
Sensor 10
Move 6
--
Right Arm: Advanced War Rifle
Left Arm: Cough Gun
Legs: --
Torso: Chaff Launcher, Smoke Launcher, ECCM Pod
Armour: Stealth (18)
Ammo: HV rounds x1
Skill: Commando, Concealment, Ambush

>Welcome to Club Camel Corpse.

Target the cockpit! Add that you are targeting the cockpit the wimp had bugger all cockpit hardpoints

If I took 6 + 3 + 3 + 3 explosive damage with a mech at 10 hp, then I believe I am also quite dead since the remaining 3 explosive damage auto-kills an ejected pilot.

Or did two of those miss?

Rolled 3, 16, 15, 7, 12, 19 = 72 (6d20)

>ACTIVATE REDLINE: ALL ROLLS +10

>Drone control
-2B
>Launch longbow at Warlord(auto hit)
>Shoot G3 with smartguns(+16 to hit)

>fire laser rifle at G4(+12 to hit)

"No! my recon drone-"
"Oh no. NO! DAMMIT! YOU BASTARD!"
(kestrel furiously types on the console. the remaining drone responds sharply, codes flowing through the circuts to serve it's master)
'Last missile...!"
"F@#$ING BASTARD! EAT THIS!"

[Crocodile]
>HP:10/14
>DEF: 16(10+4+2)
>E-Def: 14(8+2+4)
>Mobility: 5 (4+1)
>Stealth Rating: 8

>Torso: (3/3)
- Recon Drone (1)
- Combat drone (1)
- ECCM pod (1)(+4 E.Def)
>RA: (2/2)
- Laser Rifle (2)
>LA: (2/2)
- Tactical shield (2)(+2 DR on front arc)
>Legs: (1/1)
- Thruster array (1)(+1 Mob. Jump)
>Armor: Adaptive Camo(+8 stealth rating, +2 Def in cover)

-Miscellaneous
>Redundant Subsystems (1/1)

Recon drone
>HP:0/4
RIP

Combat drone
>DEF: 14(12+2)
>E-Def: 10(8+2)
>Mobility: 6
>smart gun(-)
-HV. Ammo(ballastic weapon range +2)
>longbow missiles(1/3)
>Superior drone AI (Def, E.Def +2)
>high tech, jump

Training:
Combat tech
>For[T]ified Systems
>Enhanced [DR]one Control
>Superior Drone [AI]

hey, I'm just thankful that you're willing to update the tacmap for one person.

It obviously missed because you would be dead otherwise.

>Move 3222
>Run 2233

"Imma comin' get behind Chuck"

=The Regulator=
Batman
-Ablative Armour-
HP: 24/24
Def: 8
EDef: 8
Sensor: 6
RA: Electro Bat, Melee Sub-Processor
LA: Blast Shield, Harpoon
Legs: Juggernaut Mods
Extra: Redundant Sub-system
Skills: Combat Tech, System Restore, Deflection Angles

Say the crit was a cough gun to the wimps cockpit

One of those -3s is for Kestrel's recon drone.

Rolled 4 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>why do you capitalize the last letter of everyone's name?
Running joke about Honeypot. She(?) hates being misspelled as HoneyPot, so when she complained I changed her and everyone else to HoneypoT. Then Spare ordered that I keep it that way forever.

>[Reaper] always struck me as a bit gimmicky and not terribly practical.
Reaper doesn't do much, except in a few niche cases where it's absolutely bloody terrifying.
Most of these builds use mechs or equipment we don't have yet, eg: Scythe Motive Control with an AESR plasma blade, to kill everything within 2 squares of you.
The only build I can see at the moment with it is Thousand Cuts + Swarmer Missiles + Stiletto Targeter, which gives 6 attacks critting better and better, the last of which crits on a 7+.

There are only two Alligators with grenade launchers, I'm not sure where the third explosion even came from. I think one hit you direct, and the other scattered forward. So you've taken 9/10 HP.

"Hetros? Hetros?! HETROSSSSS?!"
"Goddamn it! Right. Do or die time I suppose. If you wouldn't mind moving aside Kail?"
>Wait for Kail and Kestrel to go
>Move 6111
>Redline: NAT20 version
>Throw Demo charge at alligator A2
>If Warlord is dead, free action Lock on nearest living enemy (+4 from skills)
>Prepare to bail out

==Overlord==
[Lord] - HP 4/12
DEF 10 - ECM 8
SEN 12+4 - Move 4
---
Armour - Stealth {16}
Left Arm - Smoke Launcher {0/2}, Demo Charge {0/1}
Legs - Four

In fact, lets do this properly:
>Redline: NAT20 version
>Called shot with Demo charge at Alligator A2's cockpit

>Called shot with Demo charge at Alligator A2's cockpit
I wonder how this would look like to other people.

It depends, I think.

On its own it doesn't look terribly practical with our current weapon base.

Now imagine a Reaper with Advanced Warfare. Reaper - Scythe Fire Control - Thousand Cuts.

+2 to all attacks from Advanced, enemies take -4 Def, and you can allocate shots to different targets, doing something no other mech can possibly do. If you have a lot of shots (Linked weapons) you can sweep away entire groups on your own.

Do the sword-route and your blade singlehandedly slices through every target in your reach. Getting [Cleave] on all melee weapons alone is worth the price of admission.

We have a lot of options for high-damage single target attacks, but the ability to hit /areas/ of smaller units is very valuable.

A single reaper could handle 3 LAVs in one action, compared to Cryptic, Gunman and Sparebits using 3 mechs and a total of 6 actions to accomplish the same.

I'm not sure I'd want to be the Reaper? But if I was on a team with a reaper, I'd know be on a team with someone who simply handles every target around.

Rolled 5, 12, 20 = 37 (3d20)

Spare, get behind me. We can't lose two CO's.

>Move 1222
>Fire laser rifle at G3

==Chickenheart==
Crocodile
HP: 6/18
Def:10
EDef:8
Sensor:10
Move:4
Armour: Ablative Armor
Torso: Demo Charge

Rolled 2, 4, 8, 8, 13, 20 = 55 (6d20)

"Roger that, ma'am, covering."

>Engage G1 with both laser rifles, using Redline for +10 (Total of +14 to hit)
>Move 4, 5, 5, 5, 5 and finally facing direction 2

A thin sheen of sweat clung to Bludhawk's forehead. His team leader down and mega-fauna approaching close. He'd killed every target he had fired on, but still...just not enough to get everyone home.

BLUDHAWK
Skills: Gunner (Vigilance), Gunner (Suppression), Gunner (Alpha Strike) Redline
==Jormungandr==
[Crocodile] - HP 18/18
DEF 10 - ECM 8
SEN 10 - MV 4+1

Right Arm - Laser Rifle
Left Arm - Laser Rifle
RNG: 6 ROF: 3 DAM: 2 PEN: 2 (3) CRT: 19 (17) Special: Beam, Doubles Damage
Torso - Stiletto Targeter, Hunter-Killer Missile {1/1}, Smoke Launcher {2/2}
Armor - Ablative Armor
Legs - Thruster Array

>We have a lot of options for high-damage single target attacks, but the ability to hit /areas/ of smaller units is very valuable.
1/3rd of the reason I'm interested in the Reaper training. Area control has proved difficult, though I like to think Wechuge did an ok job with the mortar. Presently, I think our best option for it is combining Alpha Strike and Vigilance to attack 4 separate targets, but even that is slightly lacking.

My concerns about the class: Against mechs/bosses, no bonuses on your rolls. Not a real flaw, but dice hate me. With [Mo], is friendly-fire a risk, and can you select which adjacent tiles are targetted when using a Cleaving weapon? Does [Ha] negatively affect salvage?

The other two thirds: No one has done it yet, and I like exploring new things. And, as the guy who meets the grim reaper most often, it'd amuse me to wear the title.

>No one has done it yet
Well no, but we haven't got it yet.

Slashing weapons haven't been seen yet either, actually.

Honeypot used a slashing weapon to great effect in the Principality Defence battle. Wiped out two siege tanks and horribly damaged a third in a single charge, was absolutely beautiful.

Rolled 1, 10, 20, 5, 20, 20 = 76 (6d20)

>move 11111
>lock on G4 (+4)
>fire linked Smartguns on G4 (+2, free action)
>hack Warlord (+4, free action, targeting systems)
"You fucker ! You aren't hitting anything else ! I'm going to DESTROY you, just you wait !"

=Aimbot=
Chassis : Stratus
HP : 12/16
DR : 12
ED : 14 (10)
SR : 16 (12)
Mv : 5 (4)

LA : Smartgun
RA : Smartgun
Torso : ECCM pod, Active Scanner, Swarmer pods×2 (2/2, 2/2)
Legs : Thruster Set

Pilot skills : Advanced Electronics, Viral Upload, Automated Agression.