>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

I like this edition better.

The king is dead. Long live the king.

Delete this thread.

Why? It's the one that actually has posts in it.

Sorry user, you will have your chance next time.

Next time make an edition that isn't retarded. And use the right PDF.

It was made after the other one. This isn't the legitimate thread.

Are you seriously going to argue over which thread is legitimate? Jesus christ, stop being a crybaby.

So Jumper, what's your project that you expected to go much worse than it ended up going?

Real thread

Nigga they were made 30 seconds apart.
And this one has posts. Clearly no one gives a shit but you.
Sometimes you gotta let shit go.

>And use the right PDF.
This is the thread using the wrong PDF. It needs to be purged.

With no posts, fuck off.

Which is why nobody is posting in it. Because it's just so legit.

Might as well post this for the day people

Not until this one gets deleted it won't.

The PDF's are identical. This one has posts though. Seriously, you think your efforts would be better spent making the other thread the one that won't be immediately pruned because nobody is touching it, including you.

Reorganizing my jump records, and tidying up the formatting on my perk cheat sheet and combo lists. Expected it to be a massive pain but I'm actually remembering a lot of stuff I had forgot.
Formatting is still a bitch though

My man, the people have spoken.
They're using this one.
Drop this shit, bow out with a little dignity.
No one cares about Big Ass ASSES.

>Your Waifu is the Best Waifu for You Edition
vs
>Big Ass ASSES Edition

Yeah, I think we're done here, . Go away.

You might as well make a third fucking thread and move over to that one if these are the standards we're going by now.

The other thread's heresy has been purged. Talk about jumps, imperial citizens.

Shitposter/Troll detected
Ignore shitposts.
Report shitposts.
Hide shitposts.

This. I'm making the real thread right now guys, delete this one, it's already shit.

hahahahahahahahahahaha (this is me laughing at you) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

And now it never will. There wasn't even a single post.

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #949: It's Really Real This Time Guys, I'm Super Cereal Edition

Heh. We could have Worm-Aleph and Worm-Bet editions. /sadwormjoke

But anyway! He-Man jump that just got claimed. I want to put in a request for the Cosmic Key and Skeletor's Barge from the live action movie.

Anyone else going to waifu Evil-Lyn?

This thread is an abortion. The real thread got deleted for this?

I can't find a good picture of an abortion, so I'm just going to point out that your thread will have no posters, most likely the wrong PDF, and will be the newer thread.

Can it be the school-year already so that Timmy has to do homework instead of bitching about how his thread isn't being accepted?

The "Real" "Thread" was a single post. If you loved it so much, why didn't you even put in a token effort?

Now that is funny.

I don't even understand why anyone is bitching about threads. Other than edition names, they were completely identical. What does it even matter? Are pretend internet points that no one even knows about honestly that important?

>Bloodline abilities still run off chakra so most likely not. Especially with the bone manipulation as messing that up is a good way to kill yourself painfully.
Huh. I mean, the drawback mentions not being able to use chakra outside of the body, so it would make sense that as long as the technique was internal it would be fine.

Well, I'll wait for Ninjanon's answer.

The newer thread is the one that survived, so its obvious that if I make a new one, this thread should be deleted by the same standards. The PDF was the fucking exact same between the real thread and this one, you retard. And even without posts, it was the realist thread there ever was, and infinitely better than this one.

MKAY

I bet you like skub too.

Please, in the dignity and honor of the real thread, stop your arguing. It wouldn't have wanted this.

Piss off you filthy anti skub peasant!

Anti-skub master race represent for the old thread that died for your sins and the sins of the new thread.

I... Hmm.

...I'll be honest and say I never considered that AT ALL when I made the jump, mostly because the breath is really this sorta partially-intangible spooky snake thing, but doesn't really seem to be that power on it's own?

...I'm gonna say sure, you can keep it. Don't really see a reason to say no?

I shouldn't post late at night, I post halfway through answering the question.

The powers you get function from any form you have, they're universal.

245. Elite Beat Agents
Perks: Elite Beat, Agents Are Go, Step It Up (-50), The Next Step Is (-150), Step To The Left (-300), Walking and Talking (-100), Song and Dance (-100)
Items: Elite Threads, 6 Music to Dance To [EDM, Swing, Funk, Pop, Rock, Hip Hop] (-300)

If you're not dead, you might as well be dancing. If you're not dancing, you might as well be dead.

So, apparently dancing is used for minor reality warping? I can deal with that. I'm having fun, and helping people, and this is a really nice vacation. Every day was an adventure in weirdness and I was pretty happy.

Nothing really to report, though. No major changes, just some new solutions to old problems.

What happened with the user who was making a FATAL jump? I assumed he was bluffing but did anything actually happen with that?

Well neither my Resident Evil Para-Virus hasn't caused the Apocalypse yet. Clearly this indicated I need to add some more stuff to it.
This thread survived because people were posting in it. The other Thread, using the term loosely given that it was actually a post, died because the opposite was true of it.
Also, did you mean most real, or that the aborted thread was a thinking being with a realist view of the world.

But really, make a new thread, and we'll see which one is pruned.

So how is (Are) your Waifu(s) right now?

what the hell are you doing?

Seeing if he'll actually do it, and if the inevitable Hindenburg-like failure of the thread will get him to shut up so there can be conversations about anything else.

What new Jump/update are you looking forward to the most right now?

Most real, but also realist, in that the old thread had a more realistic perspective of the world.

It has no perspectives. It was like a single fatty candle made of grease and a single human hair that burned out without doing anything of note. Can we talk about anything else?

No. Of course not.

Hey Jumpers here's a question this is aimed for whoever took Dragon Ball as the final jump and even if you didn't give us a good what if.

We know what kind of powers you have and your personality but what is your final boss like? What do they look like? How do they act? Are they a hard counter to you or do they simply do what you do but better?

My endboss will either end up being a huge anticlimax due to thousands of Jumps of Power, Experience and Horrible Ideas, or something I ended up fighting to help someone else that's entirely out of my weight class, and probably has nothing to do with me in terms of powerset.

Well I guess you were wrong. It was more like the detonation of a German Nuclear Warhead.

>>what is your final boss like?

my final boss is nothing more or less Then the Fact that there Is suffering and limitations on what people in the Omni-verse are capable of.

>>What do they look like?

They do not look like anything they are an abstract Idea.

>>How do they act?

Like a total Dick

>Are they a hard counter to you or do they simply do what you do but better?

They do the opposite of what I do on a scale and timeframe I can't really deal with.so a little of both.

Do you even make jumps any more? Why do you still use a trip?

Work on space monkeys is pretty stalled since my life is a mess right now,but I still make jumps and people will still need rulings on jumps I have made in the past.

So he can be filtered.

The one good thing he's ever done.

Do you get points for the drawbacks you're forced to take in LoS if you take both Dark and Light Aether?

Actually, if the From Dust user is still here, do we get to keep the Breath powers you gain in the game like gelify water?

You don't get to keep them in the sense that you can call them up at any time and they become a part of you. They're in the totems, and having them become a power of your own is something that you get from "The First Power" scenario.

HOWEVER, you are free to try and sample or take these totems with you otherwise, for the purposes of other perks in the chain, they do count as magic, so you could absolutely replicate or copy them some other way.

So, how long can a Sins of a Solar Empire Jump get?

Post builds. We then analyse your jumper's character arc. Just do it.

I want a Serial Experiments Lain jump or gauntlet or whatever just so I can have Lain as a companion.

Would it be possible to use Iterative Improvement to make a weapon that grew, shrunk, and changed shape according to the wielder's will?

It would probably take a while to imbue the weapon with all those skills, but it's surely possible.

Sure. It'd start off able to change its shape/size a little, and as you invested additional charge into it each day it'd get quicker/better at doing so. IMO a simple shortsword-to-longsword-in-seconds power might even only be a single charge, it's not like that's anything impressive in Worm.

I have hit a bit of a snag on the Eclipse Phase jump regarding perks regarding forking (digitally duplicating your mind into a new body) and retaining supernatural powers, soul, etc.
Alpha forks being an identical copy of your mind.

On one hand, I don't want to give people the ability to spam infinite full-powered copies of themselves.

But on the other hand, a significant aspect of the existential crisis people in EP can go through is the fact that an alpha fork is for all intents and purposes identical to the original, and the major aspect of back-up insurance and re-sleeving is that the copy on file or saves from your cortical stack is as much "you" as the one that bit the dust.

So saying "The original "You" is the only one that has supernatural powers and matters for chain purposes" is a bit of a fuck-you to the whole setting, and doesn't make sense when you can copy someone with in-universe psi and that still works. So there's an in-universe precedent against saying "the copy doesn't have your powers".

If anyone has any suggestions to resolve this I'll gladly note them, otherwise I guess I'll figure something out eventually.

Progress-wise I've shifted my focus to some of the motley gatecrasher sorts you might come across in your travels and then subsequently waifu/husbando.

>I have hit a bit of a snag on the Eclipse Phase jump regarding perks regarding forking (digitally duplicating your mind into a new body) and retaining supernatural powers, soul, etc.
I already do that with avatars/hiveminds/collective consciousness networks.

This. It's not that big a deal. Jumpchain's default position on these things is that the jumper is a specific individual consciousness. What form that takes is irrelevant, but clones are never you in jumpchain, unless you share a consciousness.

Just say that the only supernatural thing brought over is psi or things very like it.

Is an alpha fork an independent mind or just one of multiple bodies being run by a hive mind? If the latter, no problem. If the former, then the "default" chain metaphysics is that only one of them is The Jumper, the rest are not. There's the Jumper's own existential crisis right there. The quality of being The Jumper is a fiat power, not an in-universe power like psi.

It's the catch of being a Jumper, it doesn't matter if you've access to a flash-cloning tank from Star Wars or adventuring in the Forgotten Realms with a friendly high-level cleric who knows True Resurrection, if original you dies then original you Goes Home.

Of course, as the jump maker, you can totally say "during this jump, so long as at least one alpha fork of you survives, the oldest instance of you will be The Jumper". Or maybe like SOMA you could include a continuity-of-being perk: if a jumper wants to play around with copies of themselves without risking ending their chain, they can fork (hah) over the CP for it.

Just my two cents.

You did it. You killed the jumpchain.

this sounds like it might work

A non existent post killed /jc/? That's impressive, shitposters have been trying to do that for ages and they never managed it yet somehow a post that doesn't even exist has succeeded. I tip my hat the phantom you are replying to.

It's an independent mind, but for about the next three hours or so, you can reintegrate it back into your own consciousness and gain what it experienced/learned in that time at the cost of stress and a bit of confusion.
After that it becomes too different and you can't reintegrate it without driving yourself crazy.

Thanks for your input.
I think I will write it that forks do not have souls or any powers not supported by the setting, and the only fork that matters for chain continuation is the original (unless you're using perks like the SOMA one to become the copy, of course).
It's not ideal but it's consistent and the least confusing/broken option. Gives me some good ideas for drawbacks though.

Do we have any good space age jumps that aren't 40K, Star Wars, or almost entirely focused on the ships?

Alpha Centauri.

Star trek

Treasure Planet
The Polity
Legacy of the Aldenata
Mass Effect
Five Star Stories
Macross (arguably, depending on whether you consider the fighters to be giant robtos or ships)
Dead Space
Aria
Super Robot Wars

Technically Wakfu in the sense that Eliatropes can technically travel through space, at great cost, but currently most of the surviving ones are children who spend most of their time travelling through the weird Eliatrope dimension that seems to be a lot smaller than regular space and has more fragile planets

Elder Scrolls.

That is just a theory, and a largely unsubstantiated one at that!

Can the settlement from Dark Cloud 2 be attached to warehouse post jump?

>That is just a theory
A Game Theory.

So let's say that I attach Omega-level Self-Molecular Manipulation (X-Men) to Quantum Evolution (Worm) using Power Combination (YJ).

Would this allow me to evolve non-organic or techno-organic defenses and adaptations?

Anons do any of you know of a good place to start a communist run? I want to spread the glory of communism through the jumps.

Supreme Commander is Space Age and has almost no Starships.
Battletech has ships, but focuses on ground combat.

Red Alert 3 and Squirrel and Hedgehog come to mind.

Be Russian bear.

Red Alert.
The Soviets are a Faction.

Burn red menace and take your commie garbage ideology with you to hell! Fallout has lots of good fear the Reds stuff so that might be a place to look into.

Use the shapeshifting capstone booster from gunnerkrigg court for that as well. Also perhaps add in a symbiote from the symbiote jump for that extra oomf.

I'm almost certain 1984 would have a number of things that would interest a commie.

I want to punch a Stand without having one, /JC/. Are there any perks for that?

Thank you all.