Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Titan fall Edition

This is Sergeant Ordenius to the Herald of Imperial Goodwill. Come in Herald! Forward Operating Base Octavia is secured and awaiting additional reinforcements as well as resupply. Otherwise we won't be able to take down that Titan...
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

>The young NCO would lean himself into the folding chair beneath him. The exhaustion from running the F.O.B. all by himself finally kicking in.

Throne... This must be my punishment for always making fun of the COs...

>He gives himself a quick couple of light smacks to his cheeks to wake himself up before continuing with issuing orders to the front line.

Shit! I'm late!

I was wondering where you and the others were. Anyways I'll be back in about five to ten minutes. Have to do something outside

and I'm back. Took long enough. By the way, do you know if anyone else is joining? Just curious

I'm joining now.

Im back as well

Dammit! Throne fething DAMMIT!!
>The sergeant would slam his fist angerly into the table before him at the mention og the bad news.
>Another assault wave had just been wiped out in the latest of four attempts to push the traitor chapter back from the Titan. All of which the sergeant had ordered.
>Another several hundred men that were now out of the fight, weither dead or wounded.

Emperor guide me in our time of need... I should be out there fighting with those men... not doing this...

Well then in all honesty, just fucking get in the fight then, mate. If you seriously feel as if dying with your men is a good idea then go on right ahead towards doing that.
Might as well go in for another assault while the enemy is regrouping from their last one

>The sergeant would activate his newly acquired Vox. Before send a message to the sergeant Augue.

Forward command to Sergeant Augue. You and your men have got new orders. Unfortunately they're the same as last time....

Focus your Basilisks firepower on point 3874 by 2691. Provide covering fire to our boys coming back. I'll send you new orders upon their arrival...

Rolled 9 (1d20)

Oh boy, I can't wait to see the exact same thing happen again. Also, why are you Voxing me when I'm standing right next to you. Eh, whatever
>Turns on Vox
Alright fellas, you know the drill, fire on the exact same spot we've being firing on since we got on this fucking shit-stain planet

>He'd lean back in his chair. An agitated look growing over his face.

I honestly wish I could. But my squad and I are busy running this place until reinforcements can come in from orbit. With most of the COs having never made it down, I, along side a junior Commissar, who has yet to be seen since we got here. Are the highest ranking officials currently planet side.

We... May not need to defeat them. Without reinforcements we cannot take on that Titan. But they have a goal. We may be able to deny them their prize.

Well, at least you and your boys have something to fire upon while we regroup for another push...
>The man would sigh before continuing.

Even with the additional firepower and assistance from Nyzarts Necron forces, we're just barely managing to hold this position. I guess that's what you get when you're fighting at least a company's worth of renegade Marines who are willing to risk everything for a warlord class Titan...

The Aeronautica Imperialis stands ready, sergeant.

Warhound, not warlord.
>A group of enemy scouts has been detected past the perimeter's defenses

>He turns to face the adept, a large grimace upon his face.

That's what ive been trying to do... but those bastards are currently entrenched around the damn thing. Trying desperately to repair it.
>The man sighs as he takes a quick glance at a recently written report before bringing his attention back to the adept.

And while it might not be able to move r now, it's armaments are at the very least still partilly operational. Because of that, fleet hasn't been willing to send in additional support for fear of getting torn to pieces by that warp blasted cannon its got!

But... if you've got an idea that might work, then I'm all up for listening...

I do not believe the titan is their goal. It is but a tool for them to achieve a goal.

Alright bub, I myself have a few ideas for a good course of action, but I just need to know two things:
One, who has the larger force?
Two, what is the terrain situation like?

>draws his pistol and looks around nervously
what now?

God Emperor be praised! I almost thought you'd forgotten about us Admiral!
>The man let's out a sigh of relief at the first good bit of news he's had since crash landing the night before.

>However is short lived, as he receives a report about

SHIT!
>He activates his Vox. Setting is to comm all channels.

Attention! Renegade forces have infiltrated the camp! All forces prepare to repel the enemy! I repeat! Sons of Malice forces have infiltrated the camp! Push them back in the name of the Emperor!

>He quickly grabs his gear and begins making his way towards the action. even as he switches channels over to the Herald.

Sorry about this Admiral, but we've got unwanted guests!

>He pats the Eldar on the shoulder as he passes by him, a smile on his face.

Same thing we do everyday Larrs... try to take over th- I mean! Fight in the name of the God Emperor and his holy inquisition against the forces of Chaos and heresy!

We've been spotted, places the charges! Get rid of their artillery!

How come it's always heretics despite us being under the orders of an Ordo Xenos inquisitor?

>grins at joke and inspects his pistol quickly
here's hoping I don't have to patch any of you up ayy?

I serve an Inquisitor of Ordo Sicarius, and I have never had a job involving assassins. It is not that strange.

Rolled 4 (1d20)

Bring it up at the next group meeting Augue! For now, switch your attention to defending your Basilisks!

Well if course they've got a goal. They're Chaos! They always have some kind of goal!

>He quickly slides his way into cover behind a large metal crate, before taking a moment to check that his lasrifle is fully charged.
>Pleased by the affirmative chime, he crouches down and takes a few shots at the traitors before him.

Rolled 9 (1d20)

>takes cover with him and fires a single shot at who he suspects to be the leader.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

>Follows and shoots the lasgun.

I'm too far to reach them with my flamer, but there's no cover from here to their spot!

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Oh those cock-mining sonsa demon whores! You aint touching me, my men, or my cannons if its the last thing I do!
>fires at the enemy nearest the artillery while dashing towards cover

>Drags himself to better cover
But what do they want here? If the Titan is the goal, they would have left with it. We need to find out what they want here, what that Titan has to do with it!.

Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d20)

Squad under fire!

I'm hit!

Suppressing fire!

>The squad fires against the enemy as one of them dashes forward to plant some charges (second roll for melta charges).

Rolled 11 (1d20)

>The man smiles before yelling out.
Because we're damn good at our job!

That! Or we're the most unlucky regiment in this segmentum! Take your pick!

>He pulls off a Krak grenade from his belt before priming and throwing it towards the Chaos Marines.

I'd be more worried about yourself Eldar! What with that hangover you're probably nursing!

Must SUCK to be you!

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Mate, this aint the fucking time to talk about goals, just fucking shoot them
>shoots the one dashing to plant the charges with boltgun

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>tosses a small grenade over cover at them
hangovers I can deal with, it's the voices and visions that throw me off.
>takes a sip from his hip flask and offers it to the Sgt.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

>He smiles as he hears the results of the artillery chiefs shot hitting it's mark!

Damn nice work!

>Taking a cue from the other sergeant, his fires another few shots towards the traitor with the det-charge.

Don't let those bastards get near the Basilisks!

While I appreciate your need to know why they want it! I'd prefer it if you focused on the here and now!

Rolled 2 - 4 (1d20 - 4)

Must suck to be you, never getting to fight Slaught instead of some heretics. I´m just saying there is nothing strange about Inquisitors working against forces their Ordo does not usually combat!
This is the exact time to talk about goals! The heretics play for time. They´ll get the titan up soon and we´ll all die! We have to figure out a way to deny them their victory before that happens!
>Takes a few shots with his pistol anyways
Penalty for wounds

>All of them see the grenade yet none yells or screams for it, nobody says anything in the squad.

>Two scouts are send flying whilst another one is engulfed by the explosion, which sends 's grenade off course, the Scout who had dashed for the artillery earlier doesn't manage to reach it, but avoids the incoming fire.

>He shoots back from a medium cover, in complete silence.

Rolled 5 (1d20)

4got roll

Rolled 12 (1d20)

Well maybe those voices should tell you how to shoot better!
>takes a swig my from own flask
Mate, I dont care if they're going to invade Holy Terra itself, if they're going to blow up my artillery I'd sooner kill them now then know what they're doing later!
>throws a Krak grenade at the one behind cover
Eat this, you mongling heretic shit!

Rolled 15, 6, 10 = 31 (3d20)

>dodges the fire and stands up firing back and screaming profanities in Eldar.

What's the third dice roll for? Screaming profanities?

>In addition to horribly missing, the pistol jams
I am of no use but of thinking! But if you insist, I will focus on the now, and how we are going to die without either a miracle or us figuring out what to do!
Very well, I should have expected as much.

of course, it's to see how offensive they are

>The blast throws him out in the open where he is shot dead multiple times.

>Even in death he doesn't scream, a white and black aura leaving the gaps of the armor as the body dies.

>This one was the "sergeant" apparently.

how many marines are there?

They form up in squads of Eleven. Right now only Five seem to be alive from this Scout Squad

Rolled 14, 1 = 15 (2d20)

suck on that you chess board armoured wearing, monkey fuckig, panda touching none beilevers!
>grins at the others before firing two more shots.

Rolled 8 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>The sergeant let's out a small cheer at the sight of the dead Chaos Marines.

Hell yeah! That's the sight every demolition expert LOVES to see!

>Aiming carefully, the man takes a shot at the Chaos Space marine still outside of cover.
>He then casts a quick glance at his men before rushing forward while yelling out.

PUSH FORWARD GUARDSMEN!
adding plus two due to his lack of cover

>One of the scouts signals the squad to retreat as another brother falls dead on the ground, all of them leaving a white and black smoke from their armor gaps as they die, but no near as strong as the one the sergeant had.

Rolled 15 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>charges at enemy while firing at the ones retreating
-2 because of firing while running

Rolled 3 (1d20)

>fires at them as the run away.
and don't come back!
well that was easy.

Rolled 20, 11 + 2 = 33 (2d20 + 2)

>The sergeant slows down his charge at the sight of their retreat. But does not stop firing. Sending another couple of shots towards the now retreating Marines.

We've got 'em pulling back! Don't stop firing until they they stop moving! We'll cleanse their bodies with holy flames after we've secured the area!

Eisen! Check for traps and other hazards.

Larrs... you and the Adept take two squads to fill in that breach, then report back to me.

woops, that was supposed to be a minus dont know how that fucked up

Use +-2 for negatives
>Another one falls down but the remaining ones manage to get a safe distance to sprint out of the combat.

>They purposedly let something small fall on the ground as they do.

Er... they dropped something on the floor sir...

Rolled 15, 4 = 19 (2d20)

>jumps away from the object to cover, while firing at the retreating enemy
rolling 2 dice, 1 for jump, other for shooting

>has been there the whole time

PRAISE CRITICUS!!!

Sergeant... go check on your men and your vehicle's... see what the damage is
Afterwards, I want you to start raining death back upon that Titan and the surrounding area. Understood?

>nods and grabs the adapt.
let's get going then.

By Drusus´ holy corpse... I have one mobile arm and everything beneath my ribcage has been paralyzed... Let´s see... Knife, stapler, disinfectant... Could I be dragged to a somewhat private place before I operate on myself?

Rolled 6 (1d20)

SHIT! GET TO COVER!!!
>He quickly runs towards the object and picks it up. Before tossing it as far away as possible.

>He quickly dives behind the nearest crate and covers his head. Preparing himself for the worst

Rolling for distance

>grins
you know I'm a doctor right?
>hoists the adapt over his shoulder and marches quickly to cover before setting him down.
now where did the mean heretics hurt you?

>Meanwhile, back at the bunker's hangar...

So...? Is my ship ready?

>"It hasn't flown in centuries, warpsmith, the machine spirit is rebellious"

I care not for the machine spirit, brother techmarine, it will bend to my will as everything does. Is the machine ready to fly or not?

>The Techmarine sighs loudly.
>"It should, but you can't take off yet."

And who dares forbid me to take off?

>"Lord Keros himself wishes a transport into the heat of battle, he chose yours."

Oh for Malal's sake... fine tell him I'm waiting!

Alright, yeah sure.
Just give me one sec
>walks up to the chaos marine sergeant and starts shooting him with the boltgun
How do you like that, you piece of shit! Fuck you and whatever whore demon spawned you! You think you can go after me! Or my men! Or my fucking god damn cannons! I'll fucking wipe you from the face of the earth!
>stops shooting, before stomping on him and walking off
I'll report back to you with the damages, as well as that course of action I wanted to discuss with you

My cybernetic arm is in ruins, no fixing that without parts... Nerves of my spine have probably been severed, so that is unlikely to be fixable in field as well... I think it´s best to simply try and salvage what I can. You may not want to see this, being Eldar and all that.

Beacon deployed.
>A white flash covers the area as the teleportation beacon guides the traveller safely to its destination

>pats his shoulder.
I'm more machine than Eldar at this point, I'm here to help you any way I can.
>grins again.

You are in need of cybernetics.

>The Ork Warboss begins to randomly mash buttons in an attempt to contact his best friend the warpsmith, while he waits for the repairs to finish up on the Titans leg and main cannon.
>Eventually he hits the right button, and a comm link is established.
'Ey boss! Is dis you? If so's, I wantz ta knowz when ya grots is gonna finish up da repairs ta da tiotan! Dez 'umies keep bombin' me an' it's stah'tin' ta get annoy'an!

>The ork goes quiet for a minute, before continueing.
Also...

>He seems hesitant to say anything.
Oi've been 'earin' some voice in me he'd since I took control o dis f'ing! And the flaming git won't shut up! 'es saying somefing bout "damage" ta some weird f'ing or Nother! Tell 'em ta stop!

In that case...
No. I am in need of paper, quill and ink. More ink than I have used thus far in my career.
Larrs, please make an incision on my chest, right beneath the collarbones.

That voice could be the machine spirit, ignore it, it will die out soon enough.

The repairs are almost complete their artillery is literally doing nothing to this mighty war machine, our techmarines will get it ready to move in less than 3 hours. Just keep firing on their battleships, the larger ones first.

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>The sergeant looks out from his bit if cover after the flash of light dissipates. Expecting it to have caused some sort of explosion.
>What he wasn't expecting to see, was another chaos space marine to have appeared where he threw the device.
>He then moves back to a better position before fireing his rifle at the armored figure.

What the Hell is THAT doing here!?!

>nods and performs the incision humming to himself.
so uh, got any plans for later then? going on holiday?

But Oi can't aim da gun up der' wit da tiotans leg like dis!
Also... wotz a machine spirit?

Rolled 10 (1d20)

>The shots do apparently nothing against his armor.

Must... OBLITERATE!

>He fires a melta shot against the artillery line, completely ignoring the soldiers firing at him.

Explaining it would take hours so I'll try to make this simple... what's your God's name?

Writing, researching, making a wraith-construct of my own if I have enough time. Now, please embed this to my chest and close the incision afterwards.
>Pulls a black object from his pocket
>It looks like a beetle made of metal
>Every warning bell Larrs has tell him this is a bad thing

what is that?
>narrows his eyes.
what are you planning on doing?
>takes the black object.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

>turns and sees the melta shot flying towards the artillery
Oh God Emperor fucking damn it!
>fire my boltgun with the force of a thousand suns at the Obliterator
>shouts at the entire camp
GET YOUR GOD DAMN ASSES OVER HERE!

Rolled 12 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>The sergeants eyes go wide at the sight of the obliterator marine almost instantly destorying the mobile artillery piece.

Oh God! He's taking out the cannons!
>He quickly activates his Vox and sends out a message to everyone.
All forces! CONCENTRATE FIRE ON THAT SON OF A BITCH! DON'T LET HIM TAKE OUT ANYMORE CANNONS!

>He then primes, and tosses a Krak grenade towards the obliterator marine.

A Halo Device. Your race has been in Calixis-sector before, so I assume at least warnings of them are still commonly known. I plan on researching it in the only way that we have not yet tried. The only way we may find out the truth about them. And, If I die here, it will be destroyed with me.

Dey'z da great an' powerful Gork an' Mork! Why'z? Ain't deh da same fer' you?

>shrugs before doing as he's told.
I hope I don't end up regrettig this.

Rolled 19 (1d20)

>It takes a few steps back as it covers its face from the damage.

Must... KILL!

>His right arm morphs, no longer using a multi-melta for hand, but rather a monstruous albeit normal-like (five fingered) clawed hand that just happens to have a heavy bolter coming out of its palm.

>Said heavy bolter begins firing at the infantry surrounding him, doing a barrage.

Mine's Malal but that's another thing, focus on the explanation:

Imagine if Gork and Mork could talk to you through machines. Got that? Good. Now imagine if the gods from other people also were able to talk to you through machines. Now imagine an enemy god is talking you through machines.

Rolled 2, 4 = 6 (2d20)

>attempts to dodge the incoming fire while shooting at the Obliterator
FUCK YOU

Now it will stay hidden. I´ll research it´s effects and continue my work as long as I can. Thank you. Now the area needs to be disinfected. After that, we should help with that Obliterator... Or you should. I´m useless for a few weeks, except for my brain.

Rolled 11, 10, 12, 12 = 45 (4d20)

>a group of lychguard engage the obliterator in melee

Rolled 17 (1d20)

>He morphs his left hand into yet another set of claws, but they emit energy as a power-claw would, Engaging the lych guard on melee one at a time as they push him back

Rolled 6 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>The sergeant screams out in pain as a bolter round rips it's way through part of his left leg. Causeing him to fall to the ground in agony.
>He holds himself back from letting out a scream from the immense pain, before yelling out.

FUCK!!! MEDIC!!!

>He grabs the one thing off his belt that he's been loathed to use this entire time.
>He slowly primes the Melta grenade in hand and then counts to three before tossing it. Praying that the Emperor will guide his hand before yelling out

MELTA~!

+5 due to help from the Emps

Rolled 12 (1d20)

>cleans the wound and stitches him up again.
guess I'll be going to my death now.
>grins as he draws his sword and steps towards the obliterator
come on and fight me you ugly son of a bitch.

>bolter round rips through my right leg as I fail to dodge
>fires at the obliterator
Eat this you son a bitch!

be back in a bit. Have to once again do something outside. Be back in ten or so minutes.

Rolled 9 (1d20)

forgot to roll

>disengages from the obliterator and runs to the two Sergeants
shit you two better not die on me.
>takes out his pack and starts to treat the wounds,
both these legs are pretty badly fucked lads.

WELL FUCK. What'd I miss boys? I missed the start time fuck me

Well no fucking shit, knife-ears. I just got shot by a heavy bolter.
We were attacked in our FOB by Chaos Marine scouts, when the retreated an Obliterator teleported in and is fucking our shit

Rolled 1 (1d20)

>As the bullets bounce off and the lasfire seems to do nothing on him, he once again morphs the right hand into a multimelta, having created an opening by tossing aside a lych guard, he momentarily pauses the combat to fire against the artillery again.

>draws his sword.
>all I'm asking is how fond are you of this leg...