/anr/: Android: Netrunner General

R.I.P Astroscript Pilot Program Edition

Didnt' see a thread and don't have a copy pasta, but I love this game, just starting to finally have some folks to play with in meatspace and not on Jinteki.net

Here's the new errata. Any NBN players on suicide watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/12/escalation/
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/66/62/66628aed-d2e3-41c3-9ea2-1caae96b104f/adn-floor-rules.pdf
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c9/e5/c9e522d2-d9f6-4053-9a80-684198c25fa5/adn_faq_v301.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai
meteor.stimhack.com/
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
eriktwicereviews.com/tag/netrunner/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com/
runthenet.wordpress.com
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_worm
stimhack.com/anarch-and-the-mwl-by-simonmoon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Astro 1-per and Breaking News on the MWL.

Today is a bad day to be yellow

Not a great day to be orange either: Faust, David and Wyld all make it to the MWL

Mumba Temple is also on the MWL, and Museum is now unique

Also, 3rd pack of the new cycle, looks great
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/12/escalation/

Speaking of not being a good day for orange, Whizz is having a bad time over here

Could be worse. So much worse.

Huh, programs and hardware are installed too - that could be fun.
At least it's not so spamable with Breaking News as of the MWL

I do like that (low trace aside) this current is actually a bit more dangerous if you're not tagged - that's a weird situation to be in against Weyland

Oh, and speaking of shooting people, Punitive is now points on the agenda, not points scored, so GFI is 3 and The Board is slightly less useless

True. Also, it's a trashable op.

3rd of the revamped angry megacorp IDs, seems okay - really wouldn't want to be MaxX against it though

Jinteki get some majorly nice stuff in this pack

Okay, that's a terrible pun to make on a reference, but they do get some snazzy cards - this looks so fun, and it's not even illicit

A second anarch ID, but I can't really begrudge them that.

Also even FFG forgets about Fisk, seeing as they say in the article that this is the first time we've had 2 same faction IDs in a cycle

That's one hell of an ID

holy jesus

keung is going to rape face

Lock up yo archives, lock up yo servers, the crazy old anarch is coming to fuck you up

There's also a shuffling clarification:

If a player is searching for a card, he or she must find the card, if able. If a player is unable to fulfil the condition of the search, then nothing happens, but the deck is always reshuffled.
Once a player completes a search (whether a card is found or not), any found cards are set aside and the deck must be immediately reshuffled before continuing to resolve any remaining effects from the ability that initiated the search. The shuffling takes precedence over any installing or playing of the searched card as well as any chain reactions that occur as a result of the search.
Example: The Corp uses the ability on Mumbad City Hall to search her deck for Heritage Committee and play it. After finding Heritage Committee, she must immediately shuffle R&D before resolving the played operation.

pic unrelated

These changes are bringing back memories of the AGoT 1.0 restricted list.

NBN just lost the classic Astrotrain for what reason?

Are the silly combos with Breaking News really worth throwing it on the MWL? Was there anything beyond comboing it with 24/7 News Cycle or Exchange of Information?

I guess Damon really wanted FA dead. NBN has Tagstorm and Denial left as strats, right?

The Anarch stuff is somewhat understandable, even if they all just required ways to play around them via corp play. This is the part that reminds me the most of AGoT's restricted list, where they would restrict all the good cards of a combo.

Making Museum unique doesn't solve anything. You can still search it out and install it instantly with MCH, you can protect one of them better than multiples (which people were doing anyways), and it still has the issue of being amazing recursion.

Mumba Temple isn't even the worst part of the asset spam decks- it just worked well in them, like Tour Guide. Unless they mean to have incidental cards cost those great archetypes additional influence? Then why not hit fucking MCH?!

At least they removed the Heritage Committee/MCH combo.

#fuckdamon

I seriously don't understand the Astro/Breaking hate, it's also pretty fucked up to blast out an entire corp faction for newbie players who just pick up the core set.

FA was actually (IMO) fun to play against because it turned into a race against the clock, nailbiting type game which I always enjoy as a runner.

copypasta

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers

>Floor rules
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/66/62/66628aed-d2e3-41c3-9ea2-1caae96b104f/adn-floor-rules.pdf

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c9/e5/c9e522d2-d9f6-4053-9a80-684198c25fa5/adn_faq_v301.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
eriktwicereviews.com/tag/netrunner/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com/
runthenet.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

>it's also pretty fucked up to blast out an entire corp faction for newbie players who just pick up the core set.
No-one should be playing MWL with just one core, but yeah that is a bit shitty.

Eh, Breaking News I think just became a much better 2/1 than the others - over time it got much better in a way that none of the others did, and with San San and Astro in faction I can see why Breaking New's power was worth putting the breaks on.

Museum I'm okay about - it's meant to be good recursion, but it's now much harder for it to recur itself

I think MCH got away free by being the core to a mass-alliance deck - it's only worth it with a lot of alliances, and if you've got those then you've already spent a ton of influence or gotten a really restricted deck (in theory)

Thank you

NBN have been stuck in their astrotrain routine since core, no reason not play 3 agendas that score themselves.
Turning it into unique might be going too far though, although I see no alternative. MWL didnt stop it.

Breaking News is just TOO STRONG now ( ). Really, 2 tags out of the blue, and can be scored in a single turn. It's crazy.

Anarchs got fucked up pretty hard, 5 out of 9 cards are orange. I wonder if anarchs really CARE though. Noise maybe, he needs Aesop and Cache, but Whizzard influence is mostly a luxury since his skeleton build is all still in-faction. If you make a pure anarch deck you don't have to worry about MWL.

I thought Damon Stone was going to be more careful and subtle with his MWL list. Looking at this changes I think he's going for big swings in the meta instead of prodding it slowly with subtle changes.

Ugh, someone just pointed it out to me.

It's a double.

Click. Click. BOOM!

>Click. Click. BOOM! BOOM!

That's only if you get the butler to bring the double-barreled launcher

Actually, it doesn't work with butler (unless subliminal message is involved). Director Haas is fine though.

Yeah, I know you need to keep up the brainwashing, and that might be tricky if you're going to have 2 tags too

>Museum I'm okay about - it's meant to be good recursion, but it's now much harder for it to recur itself

It being unique doesn't stop that. You can literally have all three out on the board with only one rezzed and recurring. That one dies, rez another and recur the trashed one ad naseum.

>I think MCH got away free by being the core to a mass-alliance deck - it's only worth it with a lot of alliances, and if you've got those then you've already spent a ton of influence or gotten a really restricted deck (in theory)

That's the thing- Gagarin (specifically Hot Tub Time Machine), IG, and some NEH builds were already alliance-heavy, because shit like Mumba Temple and Museum exist. The current changes just mean that HTTM has 3 less influence, which means probably cutting the optional Hostile Infrastructures for some other Jinteki 1-inf cards.

Heck, I just played against a brutal Sol deck that only had the Weyland alliance, but it would MCH for Consulting Visit and get whatever current or tagging it needed. Shit's seriously cray-cray.

Loving this the most, trying to figure out a way to pay the upkeep so that this remains relevant though. Housekeeping might just be plain better as a 'keep Runner grip low thing', but if you can afford the trace regularly (and the Runner has no link) then 2 credits and a click is a pretty decent tax.

Oppressive click taxing Weyland is going to be a fun option this cycle.

So do the changes to the search rules hit the Foundry/ABT combo? I read through them and I don't think they do, but I want to check before rolling out my shiny new glacier.

I think, somehow, the biggest, most important news fell through the cracks...

HELLION BETA TEST, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Damn at all those changes. Can't wait to see where things are going for NBN, I must say.

Black Orchid looks like it can be installed from heap? Interesting.

Omar is just crazy in how it changes game plans for both corp and runner, I'm loving the old guy already. His console is pretty interesting too.

Houdini's going to need to be very creative for yet another decoder in shaper elicit interest.

They're going all out in trying to rekindle interest. Working for me.

>NBN just lost the classic Astrotrain for what reason?

Because it was not a classic. It was the only thing played. That's something that needed to be addressed on way or another.

I guess I come from the other side, I don't understand the extent of the museum hate. Makes for Marathon matches, and I enjoy those.

Looking at the new stuff, come on, did Adam really need the nerf?

So who do you think will want this card? Vigil works pretty well in credit denial and memory heavy decks will want grimoire. Plus anything with eater won't want this, which leaves...? I also don't see it going out of faction at three influence.

That seems possible.
Whenever you ----- -------------- [you]
may install [black orchid from your]
heap (paying all costs).

What do you think it does? Its clearly an icebreaker, but I only see one paid ability, which increases strength. If it were trash to break, we could see that, but who knows.

Also, let's check speculate on beta test

[Play only if the Runner trashe]ed an accessed
card during his or her l]ast turn.

Trace?– If successful, add 1] installed
resource to the bottom of the Runner's stack. If unsucce]ssful,
take 1 bad publicity.

The wording doesn't slot as neatly, so who knows.

I'd slot it in a a classic Medium/Nerve Agent DemoRun build. Built for tag-me.

Keung is perfect for it too. I mean, the more I think about the more I find it's *insane* they gave him a better, IDD tied Sneakdoor. The pressure on the corp from early to end game is never going to drop.

More love for Cerebral Static I guess.

Black Orchid almost looks like it boosting str and breaking subroutine at the same time.

Whether Exile will like it...

Just realized, CT is getting her life ruined, Whizzard is getting blown up.... what's going to happen to Andromeda?

He's also down three influence. Don't get me wrong, its a powerful ID, but you're going to need some extra work to get it up and running. You really just use him to keep a medium or nerve agent dig going for a while longer. Maybe he's the ID which will finally make the super virus build shine. The tools are in faction [Fester/Progenitor/Hivemind] and its a lot harder to purger when you have to get three servers protected from counter building.

I'd say he's about even with Kit, who should have had more influence anyway.

That would be strange, though it could work. 3 credits: +2 strength and break a number of subroutines. Maybe the amount Oracle's strength exceeds the ICE. Not sure how to fit that into the space....

They're just taking out the soon to be rotating IDs. Expect to see Andromeda get wrecked by a killer android in pack 5.

Next cycle they'll have to off Reina and GRNDL. I don't expect either to go quietly.

Just hit me but that new Jinteki ID triggers EVERY TIME, a Komainu hitting a full grip runner is burning ten cards. Basically doubles up ALL the bite-size one-damage sources in exhausting the stack.

That's potentially very mean.

Turns House of Knives into a non-public, double Oaktown Renovation. At least its a 12 influence ID so getting those data hounds and Sherlocks will eat up your budget.

You need to protect Archives to protect both HQ and R&D. Thins the ICE, makes protecting a scoring server even more difficult. All that in the faction that trashes ICE from breakfast to supper and into the midnight snack.

Thank god it's only once per turn, the Lamprey abuse would have made people vomit blood.

>Next cycle they'll have to off Reina and GRNDL. I don't expect either to go quietly.

Anything happens to the Queen, there will be blood!

Well this cycle was violent, so the next one will be peaceful. Corps doing good, maybe we take another road trip and see some exotic locales that GRNDL is trying to destroy. Or just see Reina go off to retire. Either way, I expect both go down ironically. GRDNL gets shut down as a goodwill gesture and Reina goes legit and joins up with Globalsec.

Why does this operation have a trash cost?

If you use MCH for something, for Jeeves to activate you'd need the other 2 clicks to also be from paid abilities, correct?

To immediately nope it into Archives on access.

Another road trip would be boring honestly, though given how Mumbad and Flashpoint happened, it would probably another relevant, possibly important event to the setting. Here's hoping it's space themed (Mars, Jack Weyland's plans).

As a side note, Apex apparently almost/actually/still? happened.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_worm

Maybe get a hand with the trace from NBN wit pic related?
2 inf, 2 rez and 3 to trash, and the recurring creds are more than the rez cost. And non-unique too.
Should be okay for anyone not going full nexus-link

For some reason I'm putting my bet on Andy getting away with a shitload of cash - she's one of the Mainframe hackers too (I'm now wondering if that game has a flavour text insert), along with Adam, CT, Kate, Noise and Nero.
Either that or running from killer androids of either type.

As for Reina and GRNDL, well they've always been very closely linked - they're in the lore insert, and they're getting that novella, Monster Slayer, by Android univers co-creator Daniel Lovat Clark
I suspect that their mutual demises might be connected, in an explosion or something - certainly what "slayer" implies to me

Yeah, thought of that too, interesting thematic choice too due to having the Beanstalk subtype. Maybe two Door to Door, two of these, two ravens, and throw in 1 or 2 of either Scarcity of Resources or Housekeeping to handle any link/setup heavy runners. Foxfire is a definite must too.

Also, the 12 influence on the new Weyland ID actually hurts, especially for tagging options. I didn't think those 3 points would've mattered too much.

Oh, yeah 12 is a squeeze a bit there. On the other hand, GRNDL just about manages with 2 less, usually

Unless one of the Jackson replacements (I think they'll do what they seem to be doing with plascrete for him as well) is in Weyland or is Neutral

At one random point in time I was idly thinking up custom cards, and I thought that a Weyland ID focused on the Beanstalk might be cool - it's a huge part of the universe, so I thought 10 influence but Beanstalk subtype cards have no inf cost - that's PTD and Midway Grid right now - accompanied by a Beanstalk asset for at least every faction. I think this was before rotation was talked about.

Hmm, now that we're coming back to New Angeles for the Money and Violence™ cycle, I'm wondering is NAPD contract may be worth looking at again

Sure, it's MWL, but everyone should be watching their credits a bit more carefully with the release of this cycle

Isn't Museum doing some of Jackson's work already? Though he's probably still the better choice for

Single thing. Jack Wayland had a vision of a space elevator and he made it happen.

Thinking about the list, all the Anarch cards added, and especially D4V1D, calls for some new breaker options methinks.

Yeah, it'd probably have to come in a pack like Democracy and Dogma, where there's a Beanstalk card for at least everyone

There's only one Beanstalk, though apparently some collection of nations is trying to make one in Africa (iicr floating on lake victoria) to try and reduce Weyland's monopoly on space- I'll have to get Worlds of Android at some point, such a tasty looking source of lore.

From one of the Worlds of Android articles:
>we also learn that China is still struggling to recover from the Blackout and regain the economy, influence, and potential it previously enjoyed. Nonetheless, the nation remains a major power with serious ambitions, and New Beijing is in talks to finance the development of a second space elevator in Kampala, Uganda. The scientists on the project have not yet replicated the buckyweave tether that allowed Weyland to raise the original Beanstalk, but it may only be a matter of time… which bears the obvious question of how a second space elevator would affect Weyland's business.

Also it apparently has Whizz getting a missile shot at him, some people have mentioned it because of

The thing I like over House of Knives is that you can use all tokens at the same time.

Damn expensive, but I like the idea of ramping up the threat of a piece ICE firing. Zero agenda point seems harsh at first glance though.

I guess they didn't count him/Chronos as "part of the cycle". Just added bits.

I don't want to seem ungrateful for the judge, but if they're going to keep giving Weyland Meat Damage cards that demand two tags, and not going to give the faction better ways to land them, might as well make them cost more influence. Though with the trash cost I don't know that this is going to get that much play competitively.

>which bears the obvious question of how a second space elevator would affect Weyland's business.

Buy the competition?

No, bury them

Both? Bury the hard-bitters, buy cheap.

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of all the A:NR lore? Like where to get started, what covers what, or any other details like that?

Seeing has gotten me really interested.

So what are your thoughts on Core 2.0? 6/106 non ID cards are now on the MWL, Astro has been errata'd, plus there are the three problem IDs (Noise, Kate, and EtF). Clearly the core is a design problem:

>Can't print new 3/2s for NBN and Haas, since then they'll run away with the game.
>Can't print new 2/1s for NBN or Weyland, since they'll run 5+ easy points.
>Criminal consoles suffer compared to the almighty Desperado.
>Every virus risks turning Noise mill decks degenerate.
>Code gates can't work with subroutine spamming, cause Yog.0 breaks them for free.
>Parasite as a whole consistently makes ice play difficult.
>EtF dominates HB utterly.
>Kate is no longer a monopoly in shaper only because they printed another pure econ ID.
>BaBW hasn't been supported since Spin, so watch for that next cycle.

The trash cost seems a fair bit of balance to me - it's a lot of meat damage for not much money.

Totally agree on the 2-Tag thing, though giving Weyland direct tagging power probably isn't a good idea either - even with all their options to lock a runner down and trash their stuff, NBN's tools still aren't as scary as Weyland's

Not sure what the balance should be really

>BaBW hasn't been supported since Spin, so watch for that next cycle.
Yeah, they are actually dealing with that

Same, hoping I can get that and one or two of the novels/novellas from one of the local book stores. I wonder if the megacorps influence is restricted to New Angeles and its surroundings, or if they actually span the world. SYNC probably sees worldwide use, but since there are those that dare challenge the monopoly over the Beanstalk, it makes me wonder if Weyland and the other corps aren't as "mega" as they seem.

The ancur wiki has a good amount of flavour inserts recorded, only missing a few from Mumbad I think, after that there's the books. Don't think there's any other than that, except maybe the other Android board games.

I think it depends on whether FFG wants the Core Set to be collectively "good", or if they want it to be a gateway to the LCG. After all MWL and any errata absolutely do not matter to newbies who are fine with only mashing the faction and neutral cards together to make a deck, even with drawbacks like single console or lack of ice breakers. Unless the original core ends up detrimental to introducing players into the game and making the differences between factions clear, I doubt they'd bother releasing a 2.0.

On the flip side though, I'd be all for a new core set filled with new cards (not just errata'd stuff) that better reflect the state of the meta (or maybe even shake it up) during its release. It'd give new players a choice between the old one, with its not insignificant amount of powerful cards, or the new one that can ease them into the scene better.

You just made me realize a possible reason as to why only has Trace 1; it's due to Weyland's old fashionedness and literally sending teams to go through every room in the building, instead of using various avenues technology as in the case with NBN.

I don't think they'll ever get "good" tagging, but I do hope they'll get some sort of indirect tagging in lieu of tracing, such as a Hostile Infrastructure that gives tags for example.

>Inactive Cards
An inactive card retains its printed characteristics (name, card type, faction, cost, subtypes, in uence, etc). Note “Facedown Runner Cards” on page 6 are an exception.

I don't get it.

I think the easiest example is how Mumbad City Hall lets you tutor cards with the Alliance subtype; if inactive cards (it's inactive because it's not installed and rezzed, or being played) lost its printed characteristics, they'd lose the Alliance subtype, and thus you wouldn't be able to tutor it.

Runner cards are probably exceptions because they are never installed face down, unless due to certain cards (Apex stuff, Street Peddler, Bookmark).

I get it now, thanks a lot!

Like you say, they're old-fashioned - they have to spend corporate capital and catch a bit of flak from the public to do it, but when it comes down to it they can just post a bounty on the runner and bribe a judge or two

As for them being "Mega" megacorps, they pretty much are - they're not the only corporations in town - the plot of the board game Infiltration is CyberSolutions's labs getting raided juuust as they're getting close to developing their own Androids - HB and Jinteki are nowhere to be seen, but you can bet that one or both had a little hand in at least paying someone on the team, and things like Melange and some of Mumbad's alliance cards prove that - they're made with local corps, though Jinteki's at least just seem to be devolved subsidiaries (Raman Rai is from Jinteki India), which totally happens IRL - certain local national divisions won't be part of the main company at all, though they may be owned by it a lot.
They all operate around the world, but New Angeles is a huge hub city, and all the corps have some of there most major offices there - notably Jinteki moved from Neotokyo when Hiro became chairman, and NBN moved to Broadcast Square from San San

That said, the challenge to the beanstalk you've still got a national government of a huge, still fairly rich country, and they're working with others to build it

>The trash cost seems a fair bit of balance to me

Definitely. It's on the high variance side of the Weyland pie, but that's part of the charm and definitely makes me want to play it if anything. I just can't see the tournament people taking that risk. Not when Scorched + Traffic Accident allows for pretty similar damage, better flexibility, same demand, less risk of a wrench thrown in the plan.

The Influence on those meat damage cards is kinda maddening though. NBN can get around with just two, maybe even one scorched, and be a lot more threatening with it, no to mention more likely to land it than Weyland will ever by spending its 15 influence just on tagging solutions. Now add the *double* tagging and it feels like the cards actually benefit NBN more than Weyland, period. And that's not the way it should be.

All that being said, to not be all doom and gloom, I wonder if Boom! couldn't find a spot in those Blue Sun/Clone Suffrage Movement builds.

I think that even with Breaking News on the MWL there's got to be some way to give Weyland a double-tag mechanism for BOOM and Traffic Accident that doesn't break the game.

Other than Midseasons, I mean - that's more an overload of tags than anything else

where do i play this game online and which decks should i try out first

Jinteki.net
Search netrunnerdb for decks with "learner" in their names.

Trolled by friends who sent me this, bastards knew exactly what would make my blood boil....

stimhack.com/anarch-and-the-mwl-by-simonmoon/

>There are two problems with Wyldside. The first is that combined with Adjusted Chronotype it’s busted strong at drawing cards (and Wyldside helps you find Chronotype).
>The second is its value is highly variable on when you draw it. When Dumblefork sees Wyldside turn 1, it’s hard to stop. Turn 10 and it’s often too late.
>This often means Dumblefork games are largely dictated by when Wyldside is drawn, which is stupid.

Wyldside is a high variance card, that's part of the balancing, that's *how/why* it's allowed to be so powerful. What's stupid is building a deck that is terminally dependent on that one high variance card and complain it results in a high variance strategy.

Can you hear the thunder... this... is a valid Leviathan target.

Oh wow

Let's see.
Leviathan breaks for 6

Gordian breaks for 7 (as does Passport)
Even Cyber Cypher/Torch only breaks for 5.

Holy shit. I think the last time this happened was Orion

Little Engine?

Anyone else feels the combination of low trace + start of the runner's turn is kinda awkward?

It's a little awkward, but it's a constant ping.

It's also a cycle where money levels are important and tag effects seem to be abundant, so watch this space

>It's a little awkward, but it's a constant ping.

Fair enough. I guess you might say it is a high variance Weyland City Surveillance. Not a bad thing by any means when you put it that way.

Why is this shit so complicated?

git gud

I guess my question is does the final sentence on MCH force the corp to shuffle again, meaning a Heritage Committee that tops a card would see that card shuffled away?

Unless the corp has the money to pump it every turn and the runner isn't link heavy, Housekeeping might just be better tax honestly. I suppose you could play it then play a Hard Hitting News though.

I think its real use will be to force scoring windows. You get the current out and it doesn't do much, but then you pump the thing and the runner either floats a tag or spends the money they need to break your remote not doing so. Just think of how it would combine with things like Casting Call and Argus.

Casting call an atlas into a remote behind a rezzed piece of ice, then pump the trace up. The runner now either spends money to not take a tag, making remote run harder or even out of reach, or takes the tag, leaving no clicks to prep for running atlas if the want to clear tags. Lots of runners need that click too, to unload Kati, install a trick, or to bait a run.

Housekeeping only hits a subset of those and doesn't hit clicks as hard. The upside is that it works passively.

That does seem viable though very situational, as you need to take a lot of factors into account to comfortably do it regularly (or a well made deck?). That might just be inexperience talking though, and regardless it still seems like a fun card.

It's more generalist than Housekeeping, which can be a bit weak late on, and it is constant
Though runners with link will be an issue, unless you get or something

Speaking of Weyland being old-fashioned, that's something I distinctly remember being pointed out in an FFG faction article once - they're the only corp whose cards feature guns - there's a few neutral cards that do as well, but only Weyland has old-school firearms featuring on the cards that are specifically theirs

And then Enforcing Loyalty happened.

Interesting though. Now want to go pokegun hunting through cards to see how well it holds.

True.

Interesting to see the lowering of influence and the effect of Enforcing Loyalty - I wonder what it could mean, other than that you shouldn't trust anyone?

Sad Choas Theory is sad.
And dinosaurus has a plaster

Also and of wondering if that bioroid is Fairchild 2.0

Enforcing Loyalty would make a lot more sense fluff-wise on the runner side, to me.

Some corp is using an unlicensed copy of a piece of ICE from another corp, or some mid-range management allowed access to corp assets to another corp, or some Exec is getting work on the side...

Rat them out and see the highers ups rectify things the hard way.

But then runners are a mish-mash of lawless rogues. Does Cortez care that much that Reina uses his chips? Does she in turn cares Exile happens to be a Pawn master? I mean enough to force a loss of resource onto a colleague of sort, one could have dire consequences?

And if it's the corp that enforces it, what business does it have in policing the shifty lines of the runner community?

Is that a runner getting killed? I was under the impression it was an ex-Jinteki defector, or someone who was secretly selling company secrets under the table while employed.

Keeping in theme with restrictive nature of the cycle, maybe you could see it as a side effect from the corps putting a tighter hold on everything, restricting Runners from getting access to tools that require some effort (or influence) outside of their community to get. Since the purchase wouldn't be using the safer channels, the corps can Trace the source and shut it down.

Yeah, it does seem a little off, though makes sense

I think it's more the card effect - if you trashed something out-of-faction to do something to the runner (because the weakness in your corp from outside factors was something they were exploiting)

Could Scarcity/Dockland be a thing?

I guess most corps are more going to try and trash on top of this effect. But there's something satisfying in the idea of a deck that makes the runner miserably poor.

Add student loan for good measure I guess.

>Now want to go pokegun hunting through cards to see how well it holds.

Weyland
Vulcan Coverup
Contract Killer
Crisis Management
Punitive Counterstrike
Door to Door
Dedicated Response Team
Aggressive Negotiation
And BOOM! is a missile, not a gun, but that still counts

Subcontract, Off the Grid and Govenrment Takeover also seem to have guns, but it's less clear

Neutral
Snatch and Grab
Private Security Force (PSF's alt is also neutral, obviously, despite the art being Argus troops)
Corporate War

Possibly HB's Product Recall - there's definitely guns being pointed at something human shaped, but if it's a Bioroid then they may not be actual guns.
Other than there's a couple of blades, a bat and maybe a holstered gun but it's not really clear

Docklands is a really weird card - it's a strong effect, but it's so slow, it only affects one card per turn, and it's fairly easy to trash.
But change the numbers (other than trash cost) and it'd get really powerful

I've tried many variations of those anti-econ/set up (Dockland/Student Loan/Housekeeping etc) builds during SanSan, and while I actually enjoyed playing those there's been at least two issues.

a) You had to put the runner in a rut before you could start keeping things out of reach, which was made relatively hard by the need to get your cards in the right sequence.
b) Even if you managed to get all the right pieces at the right time, your own set up was so heavy it was hard to benefit from the extended runner set up phase.

Now; between Scarcity being a more directly econ targeting card which costs less to play and the new Weyland ability to tutor Operations, I have a feeling this could be made a lot more manageable, if not great.

I'm certainly going back to experimenting a bit more come next cycle.

Of course, while I'd love it to work in Weyland, It's probably going to work better in yellow, given they have an ID that can attack the runner's liquidity directly with Spark, the native draw power, and have had that kind of econ warfare part of econ warfare since core.

Oh, well, we'll see.

Is milling a corp the in a deck not designed to do that the mark of a good player or a shit one?

> only 3 inf
> why.jpg

also, is Whizzard dead now?

He's dead as shit.