Warhammer 40k General

0% sanctity for General Header edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's okay at best fanwork
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).png?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/FpVfNKp
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40-000?N=102352 4294965776&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440130a-flat
mega.nz/#!dop3DCbC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If anyone could review this, and give any tips, that'd be awesome! Also any sisters of battle units or Ecclessiarchy units/rules to add!

Warhammer is for faggots.

/thread.

I've got a couple of quick questions:

Are the new Space Marine bits compatible with the 4e ones, or are the new models (the 32mm based ones) larger?

Would it make more sense to cut the bits off the sprue and organize them in a bits box before building, or keep them on the sprue and cut them out as I go?

>i2 orks melee meme

>taustartcollectingbox.png

Someone plays 2much overwatch.

>D Va not in bottom right frame
ONE JOB!

>This guy slaps your waifu's ass
What do?

discord.gg/FpVfNKp

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

cry, because my waifu is obliterated

through dick unity and peace for mankind.jpeg

a mass of priests might work, the models are alright but for some reason i feel like i could make an easy conversion for them using whfb Flagellants

remind him he lacks rules and watch as he fails a morale check to run off the board

There was a sisters fandex attempt a week or two back, my contribution was incens cherids that improve cover saves (the guy making it went with concealment).

Sounds like a good upgrade for HQ units and sergeants, or possibly vehicles?

Repentia was why I came up with it but any unit could benefit.

How would I notice him slapping my gf's ass?

I've heard 40k goes full retard past 1000 points. I've also heard that it's more balanced at 500 points.
How true are these statements?

1 combined arms detachment per side, no allies, no formations. Amazing how a simple house rule fixes the entire game.

Both are true.

That fixes nothing.

Excuse me if I'm wrong señor, but can't some armies still pull off some serious cheese within those limitations?

True to some extent. It isn't balanced in 500 though.

All the best armies can while bad armies are denied basic, fluffy formations like nemesis strike force, Ork horde or real space raiders.

and skitarri don't get to play since they have no hq and must rely on their maniple formation

good. fuck skitarri

wow, rude.

At 500 points, most armies can get a nice HQ, some bread & butter Troops, some sauce, (Fast Attack, Elites et al) and maybe a vehicle or two. Past 1k, you already have plenty of that, so shit starts to get bloated.

you're just mad your waifu isn't loved by the machine god

>being cucked by a robot
the machine god is a faggot

The models themselves are not larger
They simply now package power armor Marines with 32mm bases

Your conversion potential is unharmed

Skiwho? We're talking about 40K here, not Star Wars.

games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40-000?N=102352 4294965776&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440130a-flat

>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40-000?N=102352 4294965776&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440130a-flat

Oh I see, one of those mini-armies like the harlequins and the stormtroopers. Look at their little starfox mechanical legs!

No, they're a full army, they just can't use a CAD.

so they arent a real army?

Point values worth playing are #>501, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500. 1850 is the most cancerous of point values.

Mini Armies? Like the Star Wars Battle Droi- ...I mean Cult Mechanicus?

Full armies have leaders and characters.

>Le funny
>Le Look at me
>Le I'm funny right guys?
>Le is funny to add, right guys?
>Le fake army
Literally consider suicide you monumental faggot.

As someone who just got into AdMech, this hurts me.

Wow. This much butthurt in one person. I suddenly remembered why I don't come here that often anymore.

>he plays an 'army' with no characters
kek at least tempestus scions have rules in the 'astra militarum' book

For now. There is no characters.

If I have a question about Dark heresy should I ask here?

Imagine if FW makes a new Mechanicum Magos SC for Cyraxus, bearing a bizarre relic scepter dating back to the Horus Heresy, the meaning of the word Vodian engraved upon it lost to the ages...

Here you go

Describe Space Alaska.

>TFW Adeptus Mechanicus would be the army I'd want to collect next, but holy shit painting them

arent skitarri pretty much monopose?

Just one guy who's been holding it for 10,000 years.

He did it as a joke one day and didn't believe it when mother-servitor said he would get stuck like that.

They're actually not that hard to paint, the wires and cables are fairly easy to get, the real issue is how long it takes to paint every single fucking detail

I just think it's important for fans to know the difference between the real armies and the fake ones. Otherwise we could end up with another debacle like the Squats or the Sisters of Battle.

I mean, I'm getting back in to just paint at this point, rather than play since I'm not sure how active AoS is versus 40k. I just want something challenging and fun that isn't fucking Tyranid muscles

>fake armies
>formations are why the game isn't balanced
>specific point values good, other specific point values bad
The more butthurt 40k general is, the more I'm convinced that the game is headed in the right direction.

And then I try to play a game with my Speed Freeks and die a little inside

So i just got Corpuscarri Electo Priests as an present from someone(it was his failed Cult Mech army) but from what i know they are pretty bad, do they have an actual good use?
And i just got an Kastelan Robot box what are there best equipment choice?

Danke

Can termie captains be used in any detachment that lists a captain, or only in ones that specify terminator captain?

>tfw it's 3 in the morning and i'm reading the 40k wiki
I started with one tab on the Drop Site Massacre and now I'm on 20+ and I haven't even started on 1d4chan. Grim darkness aside I fucking love Warhammer (Fantasy Battles slightly less but Dark Omen was kickass so it's cool) even though I probably don't belong in the fandom. I've played most of the games and painted miniatures with my dad when I was younger but there were no tabletops near me so I never played it. Fascinating world though, like metal with actual metal on top and covered in blood. I kinda feel bad for the Emperor though, Horus was a dick. Also a slightly inflammatory question is Warhammer dying? It seems that whenever I see it talked about it's mostly negative about prices and people etc.

I have never seen a single SkitMech player field them.

Phosphor cannons all the way. 6 shots, 3 of them TL. Go full phosphor or leave the bots at home.

As for the priests, they're just something to spend extra points on in a war convocation.

Terminator Captain is a separate list entry from Captain, so I'd say only ones that specify Terminator Captain.

Since Captains can take Terminator armor as an option, this mostly just stops you from running a Cataphractii captain in your fancy detachments.

I wouldn't say it's dying, but a lot of customers are fairly disgruntled with the way GW treats them, i.e. as ATM's with legs, though there are some signs of improvement

mega.nz/#!dop3DCbC

Rules, for the Rules God!

Here is Stormcloud Attack if anyone is interested.

2000 and 2500 are both worse than 1850. Anything over 750 is going to be stupid. Kill Team and Zone Mortalis are the best ways to play right now. But even at 200 and 250 points, you still see bullshit - there just isnt a lot of it.

The only way to truly cheese using HoR at 250 is with Eldar, Tau, and Mechanicum. The other armies, and cool lists like Rogue Traders, and Kroot - just add flavor and afford cool modeling opportunities. And kill team bros generally dont cheese anyway, thats why a lot of us play kill team.

It's dying in the US FLGS scene because there are games that are easier and more profitable to sell and because GW treats independent retailers like criminals. The lack of marketing and insular, xenophobic gaming scene makes it hard to find players outside of tournaments. I think it's doing better in AUS/NZ and Britbong land though.

>2000 and 2500 are both worse than 1850
>Making uniformed statements

If you have the models to do 2000 and 2500, they are way more worth playing then 1850 friendo. They actually sport double CAD and allow for more well rounded lists that can counter most cheese lists that appear at 1850.

>mega.nz/#!dop3DCbC

Troll shitposting password-locked bullshit. Go die in a fire.

well 1d4 has this idea

>Take grey knights if you plan to take a lot of these guys as sanctuary can take the 3++ to a 2++, and hammerhand with invocation of machine might means you get 3 s10 attacks per priest. (aka: hey titan/land raider/ any vehicle! Bye!)

>zone mortalis

what makes this game type so special?

>Only play the game at low point values

You can't just tell people that the game isnt worth playing at higher point values just because you've had two bad games. 40k is a scaling game that has ways to be fun at any point value. If you are worried about cheese mongering asshats, then you probably are playing at the wrong store then.

Agreed, 2000 point lists are the ultimate hard counter for an 1850 point list. Of course if you're playing Gladius or War Convo you'll have 2500 points in an 1850 point game.

Most of /those/ guys at my store for some reason don't want to play at other point values then 1850. 2000 points of Armoured company suddenly becomes too cheesy for 40k and forgeworld is suddenly the most op shit just because their fluffy formation couldn't win turn 2

>is warhammer dying

The playerbase where I play (Phoenix and San Diego) has shrunk by well over 50% in the past 3 years. The first big exodus was around the time 6th ed., Escalation, and flyers were added to the game. All three of these were met with extreme disdain by a lot of regulars. Especially Escalation.

The next big hit was Age of Sigmar. A lot of people just straight up said 'fuck GW', and in Phoenix especially, this is when the scene just died.

Then 7th edition, formations, and finally the Eldar codex killed what small groups remained.

For a while I rarely saw anyone playing 40k at all in Phoenix. There were ITC tournaments that would bring 25-30 people out. Or the random new face with a grey plastic Eldar or Tau army, but it was looking like a dead game.

In the past 6 months or so, Ive seen it reappearing. Theres an Escalation league at Odyssey in Scottsdale, and a small group of regulars there on weekends. But its like 50% Eldar, and there are more than a few tards there.

But the old schoolers, hobbyists, enthusiasts, and guys that help bring in new players - theyre gone for the most part. So idk what the future of 40k is, butit doesnt look good around here.

>2 bad games

How did you even get that impression?
Anyway, I replied with my opinion. Nice to see a bunch of retards telling me its wrong.

>pretending cheesemongering asshats isnt dominating 99% of local metas worldwide

Im guessing you dont actually play pick up games at an lgs or GW.

He didnt attack you, asshat.

you still dont know what any of those words mean, you fucking retard.

>Oh no, he fell for the 90% of players are cheesemongers meme.

I'm guessing you don't leave your house.

Welcome to the 40k scene!

My store goes too hard the other way, they're so obsessed with 'that guyism' it's turned in to some crazy hug box where you have to apologise before rolling on telepathy.

I mean, I play strong-ish lists for my meta, but what the fuck man, that's autism at its finest

But all factions don't have psykers. If you have something your opponent doesn't have access to, you're being cheesy. You should just bring the exact same army as your opponent.

I had an idea for an Exorcists force. Basically it'd be two ML2 Lib Conclaves with Jump Packs, some in each conclave rolling on bio, telekinesis and telepathy. They'd be paired with a Nemesis Strike Force of ML 3 Librarian + Termies, and the conclaves themselves would hang out with Interceptor Squads, perhaps deep striking in after the Interceptors shunted. Maybe some DKs on the side too.

Does that sound like it'd be effective?

>Characters
FW, please update my chapter.

that sounds even worse than a cut throat waac meta

They should merge Exorcists and Red Hunters (probably just getting rid of the RH name since it's less common), and then buff Silas Alberec while keeping the Hunter's tactics.

>mirror match

that'd be pretty boring for everyone but 2 daemon players

Or, actually, make Red Hunters an Exorcist successor (so GK progenitor), and then the whole "Emperor as a God" thing can kinda make sense since they're his third-generation children.

It's just an example. They're generally distrustful of the psychic phase and I remember one guy got told off for using a mechanised guard list against a 'fluffy' salamanders army.

FANDEX GO HOME ALREADY NO ONE GIVES A FUCK

Kek

I mean invisibility is a fucked up power but the house rule of 'attacks against the target are resolved at bs and ws 1.' solves most of that

but wouldn't the mechanized guard list get raped by the salamander army? ya know the army that loves flamers and meltas?

Think my paint

*Thin

They would house rule that no body is allowed to roll on divination, daemonology, telekinesis or telepathy if they got their way.

They really don't like the psychic phase.
I play daemons, pity me.

Horus wasn't always a dick. He was Super Dad before Chaos got its claws into him.