Death Among the Stars Quest 48

You watch the swamps through the keen eyes of gargoyles, the small Reconstructed perched and hidden in the dark trees that bled a white sap. The rains continued leaving everything it touched with an oily sheen and touch. A tall tripodal creature stalked through the brackish water underneath a gargoyle, spearing a wriggling organism their with harpoon like tongue that disappears into a blunt beak. It continued on its way only to run afoul of a juvenile of the same creature you faced the day before leaps out of the water snapping its beak at its legs.

The gargoyle watched the creatures struggle, the juvenile speared by the striders sharp tongue over and over as it nimbly avoids its graceless lunges. There was a sudden rumbling boom that shook the trees sending small creatures flying with buzzing wings, the gargoyle launching into the air to land on top of the canopy. It's keen eye sways and surveys the bleak sky, the noise being too powerful for simple thunder.

Through its eye you see it as it descends through the clouds towards the plains you had derailed the train in. At first you could not tell what you were looking at until it finally breached the cloudbank, leaving a gaping hole miles wide that let the pale sun shine through to illuminate the floating city. Even through the Reconstructed from where you sat on the frigates bridge you could sense it, an immense beacon of necrotic might that would give even Jadyk pause.

A city of twisted, misshapen spires drifts down from on high completely dwarfing the pair of the cruiser-sized floating buildings that flanked it. Bolts of sickly green necrotic energy crackle periodically from underneath the city as it travels across the plains toward the city the train had been bound. One of the cruisers departs from its side, descending to where the wreckage of the train lay scattered on the plains.

You ponder once again just where in the universe you were flung and just what the future held in store for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u/ceronull
twitter.com/CeroTheNull
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=death among the stars
ask.fm/DeathAmongTheStarsQuest
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm betting whoever's inside won't help us out without some high impact convincing.

Woah dude, where have you been.

Or have I just been missing threads this whole time?

Wait, we're running tuesdays now? Not that I'm complaining, this is like a surprise sweet thread.

Welcome back to Death Among the Stars Quest!
I can't remember the last time I started on time.

Pastebins: pastebin.com/u/ceronull
Make sure to follow my twitter where I announce the threads: twitter.com/CeroTheNull
Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=death among the stars
Ask.fm: ask.fm/DeathAmongTheStarsQuest

You are the Voidknight Disciple, a nameless hero of the New Necrotic Armada, far flung from your comrades.

On a strange world saturated with Necrotic energy you found the raw materials needed to create a Cauldron, a key tool for your return. Shockingly easy to attain was the fluids that fueled the creation of Reconstructed, liquid necrotic biomass pilfered from a native supply train already processed and infused.

After encounters with local wildlife and the local inhabitants you sought refuge in the dense swamps. There the ship was repaired and the Cauldron created while you explored an abandoned settlement. Several of the former inhabitants were discovered burned alive inside a strange monolith of necrotic forged metal.

Now you watch as a city several miles wide floats over the dark plains, a cloud of smaller craft buzzing around it like flies over carrion. You feel it tug at you, a beacon of necrotic power that feels oddly familiar.

Frigate Crew:
>Voidknight Disciple
>1 Think Tank
>30 Talons
>30 Stingers

Stockpile:
>200B
>300M

Interesting. Whoever is piloting that ship is clearly a powerful nexus of necrotic energy on par with a venerable lich. Maybe this is a new cabal of blackscales?

Or another hold out of the Necrotic armada. Or what left of the wormstar whether it be pure or twisted. Or someone working for the suneater.

Been running Ghoul Quest the last month, returned last weekend with these special threads covering the Voidknights adventures. These will be much less number intensive and focus on their travel home.

It's still rather unpredictable when I can run on weekdays so keep an eye on my twitter for when I'm running. I usually announce when I can run next during Saturdays thread

Gargoyles sail high in the air despite the constant rain, eyes watching the distance and the floating craft. The cruiser hovers above where the wreckage of the train would be, specks of light moving from to and from the craft to the ground, possibly the engines of vehicles searching the scene.

Another rumbling blast reverberates through the air, shaking the trees once more, as the floating city comes to a stop over the glow of the earthbound town. A beam of light connects the two like an anchor. The hole in the clouds slowly seals itself like a healing wound, plunging the massive craft into darkness once more and hiding it from the gaze of your gargoyles.

Their attention was pulled though to the cruiser where more motes of light detach and lift into the air before splitting apart to begin a circling search pattern. Eventually they split into groups, heading various directions to begin their sweeps anew. A patrol grows close enough for the gargoyles to make out a trio of gunships, primitive looking engines sputtering to keep them airborne.

In time they will reach the swamp you are hidden in. The frigate is partially covered by foliage and mud, hoping to disguise it as a large boulder or hill but you do not know the capabilities of these natives.

What shall you do?
>Stay hidden, hope they move on
>Relocate
>Attack
>Depart world
>Other

Roll me 1d100 best of first 3 for holding really really still

Rolled 49 (1d100)

good thing we don't have to breath, blink, sweat, or piss.

Rolled 65 (1d100)

Maybe you should run on Thursday like you normally do so people show up? I know only saw cause I was in the catalog at random

Rolled 42 (1d100)

He posted in his twitter yesterday.

You may have a point. With the delay at the beginning I don't have much time left to run and I'd rather give it my all when I have the time to do so.

So yeah, Thursday we'll pick up here.

Sorry folks, please don't hate me ):

Hey, no worries man. But just to clarify, are you planning on running Tuesdays some weeks? If you are I'll make a point of checking your twitter then.

Yeah it's a possibility. Some thursdays are when I have to be a good uncle and babysit so those weeks I'll try to run Tuesdays

Sorry you had to postpone your thread OP, I follow you on twitter and lurk here occasionally, thanks for trying to run today.

wew
threads getting even shorter

only 20 posts this time

):

Dick

Dang, I keep missing these threads!

Hopefully this thread will be still up for Thursday.

Well..... you did kinda go on hiatus just when things were going to become interesting and when we gained quite a good amount of playerbase.

Then you came back but with Ghoul Quest. Not sure how many people preferred that but I was not one of them.

Although voidknight adventures is better, I'd really like to go back to Jadyk, especially since you stopped at such a cliffhanger.

Just keep on running the quest. I'm sure we'll be back at previous level of participation in no time.

Blame the shitstorm called /qst/

Also i noticed a lot of hate for the ghoul quest, didn't think it was that bad

Eh.. I think Jyoti overreacted. It was made clear early on that quests are not banned from Veeky Forums

Where did you notice the have for ghoul quest? I haven't read the new threads yet.
I don't think it's hate or that ghoul quest is bad. It's just that DAtS is so much better. But that's my opinion