What was the most impactful career advice you have ever learned?

What was the most impactful career advice you have ever learned?

being brilliant with a dollar will get you a cup of coffee

OP, can you kindly F off? We have biz to talk about on here.

>Don't work for anyone but yourself. Even if you're employed, treat it as selling your service to someone else, and you can stop selling it at any time.
>Strive to be free. If you have to work for someone else, you're not free.

Happiness is tied to your wealth, any job no matter how much you enjoy it or consider your ''calling'' will become soul crushing.

>don't make your hobby your profession

Too fucking bad I took it to heart and my hobby is programming. Now after switching education twice I'm finally getting masters in compsci.

Thanks dad, I was a good boi.

sell yourself short. the harder you work the more is expected of you. rarely does this translate to an increase in pay

yo those cheesesteaks are the bomb

from 15 dec bear market,plan accordingly biz

I think it was

>you are ugly 4/10 and nobody will ever love you unless you get at least 3 invasive facial surgeries at one of these few most expensive maxillofacial surgeons in the world

Fake it till you make it.

Never throw away any paperwork relating to work or fiances, no matter how old.

Stopped several firms screwing me over by presenting decade old paperwork.

OP can’t even speak English properly.

Stop replying to pajeets and third worlders.

story?

This 100%

>memesteaks

bump

Buy high sell low

lets be honest how much of an autist do you have to be to have programming as a hobby

It's not about what you can do. It's about what you can get your people to do.

This is how I started a brothel

You need to solve problems.

Basically people who can take a task and come back with result without whining, taking your supervisor time, and being general pain in the ass are valued.

If your boss can forget about a "thing" he told you to do safely, you are good.

That advice is a load of bullshit, probably from jealous dumb people with shitty jobs.

Jobs are for zombies, make your own company, manifest D

No partners unless necessary

Stereotype, it's real

Be careful who you work with.

swallow

You're a shitty leader if I ragequit working with you

nepotism is the only thing that matters.

Obtain a lot of bitcoins when others were mocking and laughing at it.

Put off today what you might not have to do tomorrow.

Never get in a hurry to fuck up.

In whatever business you will be in, Marketing will make you or break you.
Essential you need to be really good at marketing to make a shit ton of money.

Never get married.

pretty sure the crash will occur before then

Oh and this, most truest statement in the thread for wagecuck jobs.

meh, I've the people who put the minimum in get left behind eventually, some faster than others

I saw a relative let his gf set up a store in his store and everything went downhill from there.
So don't shit where you eat.

'arbeit ist scheisse'. really changed my life.

>a store in his store
yo dawg

can you elaborate?

praise

You can be an asshole or you can be incompetent.
Not even in this job can you be both for longer than 2 or 3 years before the bosses catch on.

learn Excel

lol do you actually believe this?
t. happy teacher
:)

He owns a general store in a 2 story building. She set up a clothing shop in the upper level, originally around 50% of the floor space. Eventually she took over the upper level and is currently taking over the main floor. Keep in mind that her part
>PAYS NO RENT
>pays no utilities
>utilizes his store's staff
>makes no fucking sense
Now his part can't afford anything and is at least half a mil in debt, and has no stock to sell. Every day it gets worse or some worse news comes out that X wasn't paid and Y broke and can't be fixed cuz no shekels.

Adolf Hitler and Henry Ford taught me how the Jews think. Now I can out maneuver them in business and finance.

This is patently false. If you're legitimately good at your job then hard work will send you to the moon. Legitimately good means you get routine promotions and raises, not "wow ur doin so good user were proud :^)"

>t. 25 yr old user who is in position to snag a VP of Operations position in the next year
>no degree either

This right here. Beware, most desire a partnership to level up/out. I have found this in my case at least. I’m a dude who gets shit done. Lots want to sell my services for partnership. Ie take half of what I earn in payment for selling my services/mucking up the works.

>my services
>services
>wealthy
Yeah ok faggot.

>Jews are all secretly atheists that hide behind their religion to prevent hecklers.

>wealthy
??
Fuck off.

Im a residential contractor spergo. A tradesman. I’m not talking about wealth. I’m talking about not being taken advantage of by someone who sees your capabilities and wants to be your “partner,” split the gross, so they can roll around in a duramax making menards runs getting baked while you bang out a job. Pretty common proposition in my world.

Stay mad you poser faggot. The service industry is the poorest in the economy. Literally the slave class.

You're probably some freelancer bum.

>Im a residential contractor spergo.
There you go. A literal bum living in his shitty van.

Stay mad sperg bum lord.

Sales is everything. Develop your social charm as much as you possibly can.

This 100%

The harder you work the luckier you get

Bumping for story

> ideas are worthless execution is all that matters

> If you're not a founder you're somebody's bitch

> People are fleshy robots who are prey to unconscious bias's

> Be a white man

This is true for most people though.

It depends on the hobby.

For example, I enjoy working on cars but I think being a mechanic would suck.

very true.

I always thought Actors had a dream job. My brother works in film and I got to be on many movie sets. I saw many unhappy actors. I saw Phillip Seymour Hoffman just a few weeks before he died. He seemed pretty depressed. His skin was white as a ghost, and he had to sit down in between takes.

The initial bit of advice is still true. Be careful who you work with. Lots of lazy and dumb faggots out there. I’m looking at you.

Really terrible advice.

A better statement would be "recognize when working harder is not increasing your bank account, and find a way to work smarter"

I'll toss a few coin yoru way if you come over to my house and snake the shit out of my clogged up toilet. You fucking bum.

Working is for suckers. Get people to work for you instead.
Learning a trade should be a hobby, which luckily you have plenty of time, for now, you are the boss (I do not mean a manager, I mean, literall boss. Other people manage for you).

Good advice but I decided to play video games for 20 years and wank a lot instead. It was fun, I didn't work more than a year total of that time.

Very very true.

Heirarchy is good, partnerships are bad.

Ha! I love the Rock!

Services doesn't mean service industry fucktard.

>Be careful who you work with
Wow... that is profound advice. Very deep stuff guys. You should engrave this into a stone tablet so we remember the words for 1,000 years.

LOL, fucking sensitive leftist minded retards is who you should watch out for. Those people are passive aggressive headcases 24/7 and will always try to snake around you when you're not looking.

I'm looking at you crybaby.

Just being motivated, competent and knowing people nets me $50-100/hr, when I feel like taking a job. And live in MY house in spite of having option of truck or car to inhabit.
Project much? Still living in moms basement hodling link waiting for your break out moon mission are we?

Not necessarily true. Only if your boss is shit
Pick a good boss. He will make or break your career

Any company with an HR department run by a social sciences graduate is to be avoided.
Any small company (team of 5 or less) with a lawyer on the full-time payroll is not to be trusted.
Feminism is always cancer.

What's worked for me is
>never rock the boat
>work hard and expect nothing
>make your boss forget there was even a problem to fix

Essentially not trying to stick out and shine, it becomes obvious you only do your job for recognition. Like those fags in school who would ask obvious questions just to let everyone know they understand the concept. Just be reliable and efficient, don't kiss ass. But don't let them forget about you, constantly talk with your bosses about why you deserve a promotion, beyond that I don't bother them.

>And live in MY house in spite of having option of truck or car to inhabit.
>Angry bum took offense.
>Attempts to redirect his internal embarrassment and shame by lashing out aggressively
>Further revealing he is indeed a bum

? I don’t see where I took offense. Simply saying I own real estate and don’t live in a van?

Arbeit macht frei

"buy the dip"
it made me a six figure man

Cute

>in spite of having option of truck or car to inhabit
>having option
>option
Clearly triggered by my van comment.

>lives in a house
>house
>and just one
>dares to educate others on business

You're alright, kid.

PREACH.

You can live together and make children without marrying. Fuck the social stigma.

>t. neurosurgeon

The earlier you start investing and learning what investments work and which don't, the sooner you will become wealthy and powerful.

Be lucky.

damn, wouldn't be surprised if he walks around town with his cock in a cage too.

He is 110% remote controlled by her.
It's seriously fucked, we are all waiting for the collapse and the fallout

I'm a bit of an oldfag, and I have a few bucks squirreled away.

>your time and sanity are your most precious resources, don't give them away to an employer just to consume... unless you:
>have a short, mid and real long term plan
>your house isn't an asset
>hide money from your spouse, give your kids your advice, not your money
>the Lambo won't make you happy, but the freedom to be able to say "fuck it, I'm buying a Lambo" and not be a slave to debt is thrilling

>your house isn't an asset
This
If someone uses their residence as an investment they are an absolute goy and are meme'ing themselves

Don't put your dick in crazy.
Sit down as little as possible and exercise often.
Eat your fibre.
Money is not the key to success and having it does not make you powerful.
Don't Panic!
There are no girls on the internet (anybody using their sex appeal M or F online is usually abusing you).
Use the force, Luke.
Live long and prosper.
Buy property and pay your bills with the rent.
Never live beyond your means.
Don't get a credit card or debt if it is avoidable.
Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself
Never trust a Welshman.
Communism doesn't work.

Chase a check
Never chase a bitch

What one man can do, another can do.

Do what others think is useless, valueless, childish, a bad idea, and will never amount to anything. Because when you do that, and become a master at it, you will have 0 competition because you are already naturally at the top, and will basically be the pioneer/CEO of it.

this is why Tesla will own the car market in 10-20 years

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Brb getting degree in basket weaving

Best so far

Why?

Hi Japanese person.
Wise words.
Master everything you do, dedicate yourself fully to perfecting any task you chose to undertake.

You know what will happen once tesla actually owns the car market finally? Tesla stock price will take a big hit from how hyped it will be.