pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lW2tUjB-amo
overlordvolume10.blogspot.com/?view=timeslide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you were Jumpchan, who would you make into a Jumper?

Taylor Hebert.

Not him that's for goddamned sure!

A completely random bloke.

>Taylor Hebert
>the goddamn queen of escalation

And that was the moment that the multiverse was FUCKED.

That was kind of the point. Who would be better to observe to find new uses for powers or escalate the situation.

Keno would be fitting I think. Also I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not that we don't have a jump for Keno's Journey.

Looks like the ayys mutilated your post like it was a cow in rural Oklahoma.

Jump 104: Riddick
>Six of Wands (A sense of honor and satisfaction at the resolution of an important matter. Triumph after great struggle.)
>Age: 26
>Location: M6-117
>Identity: Drop-In
"Hey, wait. You're not on the passenger manifest... who the hell are you?"
"Would you believe stowaway?"
"/.../"
>Drawbacks: Too Bright (0, Mandatory), Fury of the Lord Marshall (+300)
You know, I love that I draw those tarot cards after I get everything done. Drawing a card whose meaning is flat-out Victory with that drawback means this is the best possible timeline.
>Between the Fourth and the Fifth (Free, Drop-In)
...not really learning anything new, but hey, it never hurts to review.
>Beautiful Eyes (1200, Drop-In)
"You wanna know how I got these scars?"
"You mean eyes."
"...Maybe."
>It's An Animal Thing (1000, Drop-In)
Well, I could communicate with animals before. But now? If I go back to Harry Potter, I don't have to worry about Buckbeak giving me any crap, he'll know who's in charge.
>Furyan (700, Drop-In)
"Furyan energy but not Furyan... kill the jumper! Kill the jumper!"
>Necromonger Technology (300)
Well, I seldom pass up an opportunity to add to my tech base. I wonder what sort of magitech abominations I can come up with using this sort of thing?
>Goggles (Free, Beautiful Eyes)
"Look. Look with your special eyes." "MY BRAND!"
>A Bone Knife (Free, Drop-In)
Ooh, shiny.
>Shining Kit (100, Drop-In)
Well, Jack DID say she wanted eyes like this. I'm probably the only person who can actually give these eyes away.
I'll still hold out for a pack of menthol Kools, though.
>Necromonger Weapons (0)
These may be useful, considering what I'm going up against. I don't mean the Necromongers, I'd be an idiot to engage them directly, I mean the critters that are going to come out when the lights go out.

Wait, that's a stupid idea. Why should I let the lights go out? I'm a fucking jumper.

I'm crashing this plot. WITH ALL SURVIVORS.

So. First thing I do? Get Johns alone and punch him in his smug face. Then tell him I've got a better deal for him than that price on Riddick's head: everyone on this planet except for three people are fated to die, and he's among them. So no ghost stories about him, or any of that nonsense, because I'm going to make sure everyone gets off of this planet alive. Riddick's a killer, sure, but he's never killed a soul that didn't deserve it. He talks a mean game... but it serves a purpose, disturbing as that may be.

Then I'm going to cure Johns' morphine addiction, magic out that shrapnel, and tell him to go home to his father once he gets offworld, or at least rethink his life, but no more merc work for him. Mind tricks. Because if it works on idiots selling deathsticks, it'll work on this asshole too. At least, temporarily.

For the most part, I'm not going to mess with the rest - my goal is to keep people from getting jumpy, to go 'oh hey look I found multiple five-gallon containers of water' so nobody dies to the critters early on, and then work toward getting everyone the hell off that rock. Escape is priority number one, and nobody's going to run around killing anyone else because there is simply not time for that. Even if Riddick accuses me of being a bleeding heart, because he's way more observant than anyone else. I shrug it off and tell him that old men are entitled to eccentricity, and I'm older than everyone else on this planet put together.

Things get complicated when everyone realizes that there are many survivors ("And you make lucky number thirteen." "Thanks, Riddick. You're such a ray of sunshine.") and the only ship that could get offworld is designed for ten. Of course, a little creative rigging and you've got twelve safe seats - Riddick and Fry took the pilot and copilot seats, the rest strapped into their seats, and thanks to getting people to not waste time in a survival situation, we're off-world as dusk starts fading to dark.

Lady Maria. I feel like a lot of Soulsborne characters would be good candidates as well, however.

As far as Dark Fury ... well, most of the survivors left on the skiff and politely declined her invitation on Johns' advice - the Imam, Riddick, Jack and myself stayed behind on the Kublai Khan, ostensibly accepting Chillingsworth's invitation and touring the ship. Of course, I asked whether she had heard of the Necromongers, whether she had any of their artifacts in her collection. And then I showed her my Necromonger pistol.

Tragically, she didn't collect weapons, but for such a thing she was willing to make an exception. I told the other three to start heading toward the hangar, told her that I knew absolutely everything about what idiocy she thought she was going to get away with and that I found it quite hilarious, and again offered to let her take said pistol barrel-first. I didn't hear an objection from her, but then again, I didn't really give her much of a chance to object. Coincidentally, Toombs caught the second shot. After that point, since I was pretty much out of view of anyone who was not going to die, I elected to cast the standard counter-charm for people who annoy me.

The standard counter-charm for most everything is, of course, Fiendfyre. Well, except Necromongers, anyway.

So, Imam, Riddick, and Jack all headed to New Mecca. I parted ways with them after reaching it, telling him that in four years, the Necromongers would be coming unless someone did something about it.

And I mean... honestly? The rest isn't very interesting. By the time the Necromongers became aware of me, it was painfully obvious that their weapons weren't designed for warfare in open space. Mine were. No matter how deadly these pseudo-zombies were in personal combat, well... it turns out I could take the sky from them.

Bring Sajuuk to bear. Bring Sajuuk to bear. BRING SAJUUK TO BEAR. youtu.be/lW2tUjB-amo

I like to think that, without certain mercs constantly on his ass, Riddick managed a few years of peace and quiet without having to dodge them and Jack learned the better aspects of him to emulate, even though I know that life didn't work out that way. At least she dodged merc work - that would have been a mistake. Riddick... well, he was busy dodging mercs, so that could have ended badly.

In the end, I offered to take him to a universe where he didn't have to run, but it was the only life he knew. I felt pretty badly for him. Before I left, I not only ended up giving Kira a surgical shine job, but I also used Sacrificial Bestowment to make her a Furyan. By that point, well... she'd grown up to be a woman, she could make her own decisions, and her hero-worship of Riddick had long since transitioned into something else.

Whether he returned it, I'll never know, but that doesn't matter. Alpha male, alpha female. They fit together. And without any Necromonger cult to tear them apart, well...

That's not my story to tell anymore, is it?

I guess Saitama, though I might switch up the 10 years thing pretty frequently. For multiple reasons.
1) He's a pretty cool guy.
2) It'd be funny to watch him one-shot some of the more bullshit characters.
3) I might actually manage to find him a challenge somewhere by taking him out of his element.
4) In the event that he gets his spark, he's probably not going to do a whole lot with it, which means he's not going to fuck up anything I'm doing.

So, yeah, basically it might be good for a giggle.

Guts

By which you mean the Aggro Crag that you somehow gifted sapience to, yes?

Nickelodeon's Guts gauntlet when? never, that's when

From Berserk, Crux.
I can't tell if you're joking or not.

My waifu.

I would never joke with someone who got trips. Aggro crag is my waifu.

Terry Crews, making sure that the first jump is cho aniki

A lot of jumps can get depressing, or lonely, or incredibly difficult, or all three.
Personally, I'd feel bad for sending anyone through those jumps if they weren't capable of dealing with them. So for me, that narrows down my options to someone with strong will, is capable of working alone for extended periods of time, and is a badass when it comes to combat.
As a final requirement, I would like them to have a strong moral center that prevents them from becoming an edge lord and compels them to do good.

everyone except the normalfags

Excellent taste user. I'm sure he would make an amazing jumper.

I certainly wouldn't have to worry about not being entertained, that's for sure.

Someone mentioned overlord volume 10 in last thread, is that in english yet? Where can I find it if so?

Eventually you would get bored watching constant head stomping.

overlordvolume10.blogspot.com/?view=timeslide

You don't know me very well.
I'm the type of guy who will sometimes load up a game with god mode just for fun.

Plus, not every jump is a pure combat jump.
I'd be really curious to see how he responds to a Slice of Life jump or the Generic Parenting jump.

Thank you.

Doom Guy will make them combat jumps.

Doom Guy is a total nerd that makes sci-fi references while dying. I'm sure he can adjust to a normal life easily enough.

But I hate her and her victim complex. I dedicated most of the jump just to make any of her ambitions fail.

Should we consider this canon?

That sounds splendid!

Ironic then that all you've achieved is to validate her completely.

The Westphall hypothesis is not canon. Even for fanon, there are a bunch of flaws with it.

You do understand that a shard makes everyones lows lower and their highs higher right? I applaud her for not being a damn near psychopath when she gets her powers, had anyone else gone through what she gone through they would've been fucked permanently psychologically. Her Shard is doing most of that escalation, giving her an almost meticulous need to be in control of things.

Mr Bean.

And no, I don't mean Rowan Atkinson.

Hey, /jc/, what's the first thing you did when you realized you could do anything?

I've noticed thread seems to have a lot of people who hate other people with perceived victim complexes for some reason. I've just put it down to a common quirk in /jc/, much like how CYOA gen is obsessive about little girl options.

Nothing.

When I realized nobody could stop me from shoving things through my warehouse portal and how totally quick and easy it was, I stole a bunch of food and then ate until I got sick.
One of Kaoru's Inukami pack held my hair back while I puked.

In retrospect they were really nice about it, but then I had to work off the debt for all the food I stole.

Aside from what mentions, that's not even the most recent version of it.

Went mad with power, turned into a giant snake, was defeated by a group of meddling young magical girl princesses and their little dog too.
In hindsight, should have picked up more mental defences before going to a setting where drugs are easily available and poisoning your enemies is a time-honoured method of promotion.

I made a razor-sharp sphere, just to say I did.

What's so difficult about that?

Ran a whole in the wall diner!

Admittedly it was because I realized this after a pretty harsh Jump and I didn't want to be a hero for a decade. So instead I was random wise old sage who made really damn good food.

*hole in the wall
Fucking hell, I cant type.

Anyways are there any Jumps that give a garden expansion to the warehouse? I thought about using genesis from DND, but that requires me to remake the demiplane with each new jump.

I Had A musical number.

Atelier Arland has a pretty nice one.

The Sims 3 has a warehouse addon that specifically gives you a garden, and I think a pool as well.

Sweet, thanks

I know nothing about Atelier Arland; google tells me its RPG and the Jump itself is one of the super long ones

On a scale from 1 to 10, how dangerous is the Jump for someone with less then 20 jumps? and a focus on crafting

So basically, like the Phantasm movies?

One. It's a slice of life game series, very calm and peaceful. There are monsters, sure, but no world-ending threats, and the people in charge of protecting the civilians are very good at their jobs. So long as you don't go looking for trouble, you won't find any. As for being a crafting-focused jumper, Atelier Arland is great for that. The Atelier series is all about crafting, so the jump has so very many good things for crafting with. Seriously, you're going to lament your limited budget, with much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I traveled through my mindscape via Astral Layers from Psychonauts. I kept traveling, passing by my other selfs. I stopped when I reached my origin, my pre-jump psyche, and all of it's alterations throughout my years of life.

I was as nervous as ever, fear ran through my veins as I asked my past selfs if they were happy with how they turned out, that I'm so sorry if I let them down, tears everywhere. I pleaded that I would change if they said they were unhappy.One of the things I never wanted to stop being was me.

They said they couldn't have wished for it to go better,my 7 year old self thought I was such a cool superhero, my other psyches from other jumps gathered around clapping for both me and each-other. I could'nt stop crying tears of joy, relief. I'd finally faced myself.

I never really got it either. I mean in Taylors case it's straight up untrue. Towards the end when she meets Emma of all people she never once played the victim card, to Emma,one of the causes of Taylor being who she is. She doesn't play victim when Clockblocker drills her with questions pre-echidna.

Yeah, Taylor's problem isn't her victim complex, that goes away soon enough. Her problem is her rank hypocrisy. She's quite an awful person, and refuses to acknowledge it. It's everyone else that's bad, if they just listened to her and did what she said then maybe she wouldn't have to go to such extreme ends. And in her defense, yeah, a lot of people she's opposed to are pretty bad. But that doesn't excuse the bad things she herself does while justifying it as necessary.

Actually she admits that she did horrible things in her cape career and admits if she could go back she'd change in an instant, she explains this to Doctor Mother when she hears of all the shit they did and are excusing themselves of. Not only that, don't forget she was constantly being manipulated by Cauldrons plot-device level precog.

Yes, at the very end of her character arc, and it's that realization that in my mind keeps her from falling firmly into the villain camp. But for the majority of the plot she's in the mindset that when her enemies do something wrong it's a horrible transgression, but when she does something wrong it's necessary. See her outrage at Tagg violating the "unwritten rules" when she's already created the situation that the rules are meant to prevent, thereby rendering following them actively detrimental to the PRT. She's really bad at considering how other people might react to her choices outside of a tactical perspective. Which in many ways is understandable, she's a teenager. Possessing a self-centered world view is what teenagers do. But most teenagers aren't ruthless warlords, and that makes her situation a little harder to forgive.

Any ideas where a person could get some really good precognition? Like see forwards forever and such?

What about postcognition too see the past?

Again, as much as I know you don't want to hear it. Don't forget that all this escalation that she does is part of her Shard and they genuinely fuck with peoples heads. Don't forget it was the PRT that is partly responsible for Taylor as well, she never got justice because Emma, the cause of her locker incident, was part of the PRT and was of use while in the school, so they didn't really investigate. I get what your saying, but Taylor had a tough as fuck life and cape career, her less-than-heroic tendencies can be forgiven in a way, but not ignored.

It was Sophia that was in the wards. Taylor thought no one did anything because Sophia was an athlete and Emma's dad was some hot-shot legal guy.

This taylor chick sounds like a whiney cunt.

Oh shit my apologies, I always mix those two up.

She did originally think that. But while I don't have a Word of Wildbow to confirm, it could easily be that the Piggot wasn't so keen on having an investigation that could lead to Sophia, the bitch who's kinda keeping the gangs in the school in line, being in trouble. I mean she's seen using obviously lethal weaponry and the PRT does shit.

Are ffxiv crystals made of magic or do they just contain magic?

Sweet! Thank you for the info.

Spheres are perfectly round and have no edges to them. If it has an edge, then by definition it isn't a sphere.

...It never went to Piggot, she would have flipped her shit at that. As for the lethal weaponry, she was only seen using that by the PRT before she was grabbed and tried for it, then stuck in the Protectorate on probation. After that, the whole bullying thing basically died off for months, and Shadow Stalker kept her lethal stuff well hidden (Grue incident aside, but who would take the word of a team including Tattletale?)

Sure, the shard has some of the blame, I'm not arguing that. But Taylor having a rough life doesn't excuse her actions. Provides context, yes, but there's only so much your sob story can justify. If Taylor decided to turn over a new leaf and become a hero at the point where Coil revealed his plans for Dinah, then I'd be fine with it. But instead she didn't stop until she had kidnapped one PRT director, murdered another (he was a villain, but the PRT didn't know that at the time), extorted the mayor into giving over control of the city to her by torturing his son half to death in front of him, delivered a "compromise" that consisted of saying that the PRT would have to completely undermine their mission and give her everything she wanted, killed the director of the PRT, and even then had to be forced to stop instead of continuing on committing crimes. At that point even the shard stops being a good excuse, since there are plenty of other parahumans that are acting more morally than she is. Eventuallyt she has to face up for all the bad shit she's done and own it, not pass the blame off to others. And she does! That's great, I love that part of the story, where she finally acknowledges her responsibility for what she's done. This isn't meant to be some rant slamming on Taylor. She goes through a great arc as she develops as a moral agent. But I think you have to acknowledge the bad for the good to have any meaning.

Nonsense, a sphere is made of nothing but edges. Certainly a mathematical construct of a sphere is round, but the actual object is covered in sharp points.

I might be thinking of the wrong game, but aren't there crystals that have run out of magic? So they'd be physical items that store magic, rather than solidified magic itself.

From what I understand when the crystals dont have magic they kind of explode so it is hard to tell.

The same PRT director that let a person who commited manslaughter would have flipped her shit at lethal weaponry? In that aspect, your totally right. I was under the impression you thought she was a villain even after her character arc, that was my mistake.

does Demon Souls have any good waifus/companions?

It's fine. I probably wasn't conveying my point well enough. I'm just glad we've managed to debate our points in a way that's left us both satisfied from the encounter.

>killed the director of the PRT
If you mean Alexandria there, there was both pretty extreme provocation there (hunt down and murder her friends one by one? Eeesh) and at least partially Alexandria's doing; cutting off her air was basically the only way to slow her down, and once she'd flown out of range Taylor couldn't exactly say "ok, she's unconcious now, I've made my point, time to let her breath."
Totally agree about the rest, though (and also, pointing out that the shard mind dickery thing is way overblown; Scion's perspective chapter notes that Shard influences vary, and WoG is that a big part of the "influence" is just people who have particular mindsets and ways of looking at the world being picked, and then the superpowers coming after a really shitty time).

Which is a rare thing in these threads.

Nah, I'd blame myself. I focused too much on the debate that I missed what you accurately conveyed, and for that I apologize.

I do mean killing Alexandria, and I think it's crossing the line even with the extenuating circumstances. After all, Taylor's fine with using just as extreme a provocation to get her way in negotiations. It's pretty hypocritical of her. But then again, that's kind of the point. A big theme in Worm is that Taylor is "not so different, you and I" with pretty much all of her enemies (seen most strongly with major threats like Jack or Alexandria, but you can extend it all the way down to her bullies having some strong parallels to her friends in the Undersiders). And it's not a coincidence that killing Alexandria is the point where Taylor starts trying to turn her act around. Where she realizes that the way she's been acting is kind of shitty, since she's seen how she reacts when faced with the same thing.

Me!

Which lends some credence to the idea that the benefactor is just a version of myself who has been through a chain as I would always send me and I doubt anyone else would.

Probably friends and family as well.

>The same PRT director that let a person who commited manslaughter
Who let a person who was arrested for *nearly* killing someone while trying to do a stupid but totally expectable stunt from a teenage vigilante with superpowers, with strong character references by respectable members of the community who could testify she had nonlethally saved them from gang members, in a setting where the villains outnumber the heroes significantly and a city where it's even worse, was accepted as a probationary (as in, "out of juvenile detention on probation") member of the local superhero training group rather than be sent on the fast track to becoming yet another villain, you mean.

> would have flipped her shit at lethal weaponry?
Would likely have flipped her shit at Sophia's bullying campaign, I said, for all kinds of reasons (though the lethal bolts would have been and indeed later proved to be just as bad, for much the same reasons): personal dislike of parahumans fucking with normies, disregard for her authority, breaching the probation agreement with the PRT, risking an absolute fuckton of bad PR both for the PRT (and thus her and her budget) and for Parahumans in general...
Never mind that a black girl bullying a white girl was probably fucking great for the school's Empire recruitment.

Sort of reoccurs every jump when my jumpself merges with my backgroundself.

Half of me remembers/realises that they can basically do anything every decade.

There's always an excessive bout of maniacal laughter.

You know, now Im curious: who else has a benefactor that is something else other than Jumpchan and how do you treat the background histories?

My Jump is run by Professor Benefactor. A well meaning entity that is building a council of sparked persons and I am but one of one hundred.

As for backgrounds I treat it as a reincarnation of myself that is locked in a dream state until the start of the Jump.

Has there been a moment that you have lost a comrade too dear to you, one that you could never brought back no matter what you do, that it broke you? I'm not talking about losing your beloved or one of your children, but someone that you even got a deeper connection. Someone that you knew you could trust with everything that you got.

Even worse, have any of them rejected resurrection/immortality?

The Eldar jump has one however it locks out other choices in the jump.

Companions respawn and it would be impractical to have anyone else as your confidant
Jumpers are kind of insulated from that kind of tragedy.

Stopped being a murderhobo with a great lust for power. Then started to fuck around with people and laugh at their expense. As I realized that I will find no equal in my existence.

My Benefactor is just another version of me (not necessarily future me), that it's spreading and empowering myself all over the multiverse. I'm like a disease.

For what other reason would someone as me would get such a chance to gain unlimited power?

This could happen in early Jumps. Or maybe in Jumps were you stay more than one decade in a single place. Life's strange.

Ten years is more than enough for a regular human to form an everlasting friendship.

>it would be impractical to have anyone else as your confidant

>Not making friends everywhere you go
>Thinking the fact that your time together is limited makes it any less important

Well, I rolled Orre in pokemon and pissed off the mafia. I don't know what happened to my parents after I booked it out of the town.

I kinda miss Batou from Ghost in the Shell, though the relationship we had was one built on false pretenses on my part. He's not dead though.
I have friendly acquaintances sure, but no one that I'd trust my secrets too outside of my companions.

After you go to 40K and become a living saint the only other people who are going to get you are other living saints. And there is also the fact that developing ties would push you towards staying in the universe and ending your chain.

What is a set of power combinations in the Marvel jump that would give me the same abilities as a gauna from the manga Abara?

Grown via aether, contain aether, just sorta stick around after their aether's depleted.

They knew Alexandria was at least somewhat responsible for the Case-53s and that she had been leading a double life as the head of the PRT. Taylor thought that Alexandria was murdering her friends. So I don't think you could really argue killing her was crossing the line at all.

I don't think killing her was anywhere near as bad as say, holding an entire bank hostage with black widows to everyone necks or what she did to Triumph.

That has never happened for me.
Nope.

A bidoof.

Daffy Duck. Death would not be an issue, just greed and rage. It would be hilarious.

Retcon: Teen Titans

16 years old
Half-Demon 1000
Mystery
Metropolis
Cambion Physiology
Empathy 1050
Aerokinesis 1150
Telekinesis 1250
Probability Manipulation 1550
Holographic Disguise Rings 1600
Annoying Super-Team 1500
Coveted 1300
Overheating 1000

Retconned my Teen Titans build in light of the changes/combination options and realising a lot of the stuff I took I now have better versions of from elsewhere.

Rolled Metropolis which should be fun. Might go bother Clarke at work.

Took the speed and durability options before in this jump so I could retcon my DC build and pick up a lantern ring. Now I'm retconning that as I have better versions of the things I took before between Arrowverse and X-Men.

So I'm no longer a demonic athlete and I'm now a demonic drop-in. Picked up Empathy for the combo which lets you alter people's emotions.

Aerokinesis as I don't have a lot of wind stiff and I had 100 CP left.

Telekinesis because of the combo which lets you manipulate microscopic matter and throw more junk.

Probability Manipulation which makes me more annoying and I was always sad to miss out on before. Figure this + Aerokinesis makes me ridiculously irritating to fight.

Drawbacks are the same, difficult but surmountable. Probably less of an appealing prospect to possess than Raven due to having quite a few anti-possession perks. Coveted is resolved with a bit of super detective work and a murder. Annoying Super-Team would be worse if I actually had any plans for them to muck up. Overheating means I'm probably going to want to live up a mountain or something, not entirely sure whether it applies to out of jump powers as well.

Also there's a couple of typos in this one. Has the word "batty" instead of "battery" in point 13 of the notes and misspells different in the Location box.

And just realised Clark Kent has no e.