Mordheim General

Hi Veeky Forums so I just got into Mordheim recently. I know gw abandoned it ages ago, but it is still interesting. I was wondering if there was any fluff or lore to go with it. Would anyone be willing to share lore pdfs or links?

Additionally are there any suggestions for model proxies? Like reaper miniatures or something along those lines.

If you're old blood what did you main as your warband? Any suggestions.

Has anyone tried the video game version? As far as I've found it's spot on and looks good.

For those who don't know the base rules are a free PDF, and I don't know about you but personally I would rather not give them money... ever. (I don't agree with how they do things. Just a personal thing i don't want to start an argument over it)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/folderview?id=0B18J5DU-6cP_aEg2dHIxbGpaMlk&usp=drive_web
worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?view=catalog&system_id=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumping for related interests.

Anyone have the pdf for the averland warbands ?

>Has anyone tried the video game version? As far as I've found it's spot on and looks good.
I found a rather entertaining glitch with the SoS Matriarch. I believe it's linked to one of the possible costume options, but the main body model is rendered at 90 degrees to the way it ought to be, with no movement.

Another new guy here, I've always been more into large scale battle games but my friend got me into Mordheim recently and it's pretty fun.

Huh, while I remember:

Am I right in thinking that the die rolls seem heavily skewed in the computer's favour? Or is that just my shitty luck with virtual dice showing?

no they just have a funny way of showing you percentages. If you don't choose the highly difficult missions then the game is completely fair.

If you're talking about hitting chanche: The game only displays your hit percentage. An enemy can however block or parry after being hit. So a 95% chance to hit might still fail to do damage because the enemy just dodges your hit.

Yeah, this.
If you've noticed, in the kill feed or some other readout, the devs didn't set it up to use "a" or "an" based on the first letter of the inserted string.
So it will say things like "Victor Bloodthirster deals 34 damage to a Anara Sigmarite".

They're well-intentioned devs, but they did take shortcuts and the lack of polish shows.

See, I've had stupid stuff like outright missing (not "you would have hit but it dodged/parried") 80+% attacks three or four times in a row, while the AI regularly hits on 50-% and crits somewhere in the region of twice as much as I do on very similar percentage chances.

docs.google.com/folderview?id=0B18J5DU-6cP_aEg2dHIxbGpaMlk&usp=drive_web

Here's PDFs for pretty much everything Mordheim.

I got into Mordheim with my Uni's RPG Society lately, and it's a LOT of fun.

It's gotten a bit less fun for me lately, as after winning about 6 games in a row, with massive Wyrdstone gains in each of them, my Dwarfs have become something of an unstoppable fucking wrecking ball that everyone else strugges to avoid.

The range on an Engineer modified crossbow is quite frankly ludicrous. Probably going to disband that warband and bring along my Undead one which I pulled together mostly out of 2nd hand stuff off of eBay.

>Has anyone tried the video game version? As far as I've found it's spot on and looks good.
I'm big Mordheim fag, both tabletop and vg. The video game isn't bad, but gets boring pretty fast. Main reasons are the very few warband offered and the dumb AI. The game knows this and tends to balance heavy in favor of them, while there are 1 or 2 tactics that never fails.
It would be far better with more warbands offered, but this isn't going to happen anytimes soon. Sadly.

I've almost always found the larger scale battle games a bit expensive to get into, I'm more of a skirmish miniatures guy. So thish peaked my interest.

Thanks mate! I'm about to take a look now.

Quick question, are there objectives besides murder the opponent? Not that I'm complaining, but I feel it might add a little more to the lifespan of the game in my group.

All scenareos are ultimately about killing your opponents, but whether you're trying to push them off a newly found cache of Wyrdstone, you're searching nearby buildings for a treasure cache before falling upon each other over it, capturing buildings, or whathaveyou make the game more interesting.

Regarding the vidya: I'd really just wish I could cut out or speed up most auxiliary animations. I really don't have to see a dude put away and redraw weaponry a bunch, especially every fucking time I pick something up. And why do my flaggelants keep having arms fall off and eyes get poked out? Didn't have that nearly as much with Mercs/Sisters. It's getting kinda comical to having to keep getting rid of one-armed flagellants (one-eyed at least can still be handy for looting).

The difficult levels do directly increase damage taking and output ability of the AI gangs/wandering monsters, so there is also that to consider.

Tons. Even the generic scenarios have looting going on. And being a small skirmish game, narrative scenarios are it's bread&butter away from simple skirmishing.

Awesome!

I noticed you said wandering monsters. Are they part of some of the scenarios, and how big do the monsters get? I noticed in the trailer and with some of the minis that were pretty big which was cool

Ogre sized both on tabletop and vidya. In the latter they turn up when playing on brutal/deadly, typically a Chaos Ogre or daemon, Bloodletter, Pink horror, Plaguebearer or daemonette.

And all sorts of monsters could be parts of scenarios/random events added to regular scenarios. It's easy enough to have all sorts of stuff like rat swarms, giant rats, rat ogres, trolls, dogs, weird chaos shit like mutants, all of that can easily be part of games to mess with the proceedings or be the focus of a scenario. Mordheim tabletop also expanded massively beyond the confines of just the city, covering other theatres of violence across the world, if you ever get board of ruined corrupted city fights.

the vidya was fun for awhile. The biggest problem I've found is that the AI becomes monstrously powerful in later campaign missions to make up for its stupidity.

Also, as other user's have said the fact that there's only 4 warbands is bummer.

The actual game is a blast. Our local one died several years ago due to sling spamming skaven, but the guys who played that are no longer welcome in the LGS for other reasons, so I've been thinking about trying to restart it.

I miss this game, its so fun.

Mordheim is my favorite game of all the things GW has done over the years. Second favorite was its 54mm 40k cousin Inquisitor. I played so much of both over the years it's ridiculous.

This it?

>only 4 warbands
5 now. But I feel like witch hunters didn't really bring anything new to the table being just a crossbreed between sisters and mercenaries.
I really hope they bring undeads soon, followed by dwarves for some real novelty.

Beastmen Warband When?

Hopefully never, fuck Beastmen.
Stupid ass fast wardog many hero'd motherfuckers.

So a research question, what are some of people's liked and hated parts of Mordheim's warband progression system?

Anyone know a podcast that talks about Mordheim? I've found fuck all while searching

Dwarfs would be nice. Have long meant to run them myself in tabletop but have never gotten around to it. OtherWorld miniatures have some really good dwarf miniatures that'd be suitable. They even have proper legs.

Problem is Frostgrave has turned up and ... fuck me is that game bland by comparison to Mordheim. Can't build any enthusiasm for it at all.

Just got back into Mordheim due to a friend suddenly having a craving for it and dragging us with him. It's actually a lot better than I remember, but the last time I played it was with a super rules lawyer that treated it like a competitive sport and this time everyone is chill.

After 20 battles or so I had a hero make it to the final experience track the other day. That's never happened before.

>muh dick

I love skirmish games cos I can't commit to one big army, currently working on three warbands for Mordheim and one for Kill-Team. I've got a group together to play Mordheim but everyone else is lazy af and it's taking them forever to get a warband going. Been a few months and I'm still waiting for the other dorks to get warbands together so we can actually play.

Also, terrain is boring af to make and you need alot of it to get a decent table going. Otherwise its awesome. Used to play some pickups at my lgs a long time ago and loved the game.

Old blood here, Sisters send their regards.

Have you seen Terraclips Vaults of Ruin? It seems interesting.

You seem salty friend
the centigor rape-train has no breaks

Damn, those look pretty nice. May run them by my group and see if we could pool our money and take a shortcut with the terrainmaking. Thanks friendo.

They also do a bunch of other terrain types.

worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?view=catalog&system_id=2

One thing I hated about the progression was the lack of organic change in a warband. Once your characters started getting tougher and better, they didn't go backwards unless they were injured. Eventually all Warbands would get to a stage where they simply weren't fun to play any more and you were better off starting a new warband.

My local group got around this in a couple of ways - adding an 'Ageing' table similar to Bloodbowl, having heroes being forced to retire after a certain amount of XP and giving bonuses to the whole warband for having characters make it all the way to retirement - including being able to start new Warbands using an old character as your new captain and having heroes go on to become Hired Swords that earn you an income for as long as they survive.

A maximum number of games before you've got to cycle out the Warband would be good. It's great and all to get your guys stupid powerful, but really they're not supposed to be there to get strong.

They're there to get rich (mostly).

And by the time they've got a fair way along their experience track, odds are they could have quite easily stowed away enough fragments to life in luxury for the rest of their lives.

It gave the campaigns a better feel to them and a real sense of growth. Having a Youngblood grow to become the leader of a Warband named after a character none of the current batch of heroes would ever have met, while the captain's brother is fighting against you after siding with the fucking Marienburgers and you have to choose between letting him live and earning that side cash or risk killing him to claim the objective....shit gets real intense.

This is actually great. I love the idea of my warband getting old and rugged then saying they had thier fun so they can do other things in life. It gives them more character and makes the "world" seem bigger. I'm totally going to use this, thanks mate.

The home-brew rules we used grew over the years. A big chunk of it actually started from an attempt at making an 'Necromunda'-esque Regimental Skirmish system, where players controlled small circles of friends from an Imperial Unit/Platoon (depending on how many players) as they progressed through a military campaign with a focus on their growth as soldiers and the bonds that were forged between individuals that strengthened their effectiveness as a whole.

At it's height our Mordheim campaigns became less skirmish combat and more roleplaying warbands with our actions having permanent effects on the setting itself.

That's awesome haha. Would you happen to have a pdf of the rules that you came up with? I know it's a longshot asking. If not I'll just snag the age progression from bb

Sidenote I took a look at some of there stuff and I was already having the urge to buy all three of the malifax terrain. I want to do my own terrain eventually but this looks great for a replacement... and would let me slack off for a while.

>pdf of the rules

Sadly not, but I'll scrounge around and see if I can find anything. If I do, I'll post it here.

I kinda figured there wouldn't be a pdf but it was worth asking.
If you do post it I would appreciate it a lot but if its too much then no worries mate. the seed is planted for me to look into doing some work now.