Warhammer 40k General

Ur a grot, Hairy. Go shave ya git edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>Konrad Kruze's okay fanwork
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).png?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!dop3DCbC!Z67Rt8No1TKLeVFY98EN5JV9PuEEHe3iJuTfTzBBlw0
youtube.com/watch?v=rWDsxnoIiRo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>i2 meme

>oh sit, WAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHdup!

>Superstition is the Emperor's enemy. Luck is merely the manifested favor of His divine might.
If only the Imperium believed that first line.

it's not that, i just vaguely recall the rule coming from that book since it's not in the big rule book. it would be handy to have those times i've faced a knight. i don't think it's ever been brought up with my locals

Question for you lot - I need some more gribblies for my girlfriend's Nid army. As it stands it contains a flyrant, two carnifexes, half a dozen warriors, and about thirty genestealers with a couple of broodlords. There ain't no way I'm getting gaunts, the task of assembling and painting them will never get finished, it needs to be more along the nidzilla lines. I know another flyrant is the obvious choice, I may hold on until a slightly higher points value. I was thinking of zoanthropes and a tyrannocyte, perhaps, or maybe another couple of carnifexes. Any sage advice?

Buy her a Heroduel. She will give you anal.

Zoanthropes / Venomthropes box is good.

Both types are pretty nifty with some utility they add (Synapse and Psyker from Zoanthropes or Shroud from Venomthropes)

Heck you can even mix and match and build 1 Venomthrope and two Zoanthropes (or one Zoanthrope and a Nuerothrope sp?)

Plus it's only 3 models so you won't get overwhelmed.

Biovores are also fun S4 AP4 Large Blast Barrage for 45pts on a model smaller than a Terminator is golden. But I think they're finecast/metal so... ya

Just sharing Stormcloud Attack again, if anyone wants it. 1st half is typed out flyer stats, 2nd half is app screenshots.

mega.nz/#!dop3DCbC!Z67Rt8No1TKLeVFY98EN5JV9PuEEHe3iJuTfTzBBlw0

Thanks, might show my mate who plays Elysians.

Yeah, it is from the Escalation book. Still valid, however.
>i don't think it's ever been brought up with my locals
Because:
1. They don't know it exists, because they aren't interested in escalation (too large battles for most) or
2. They are faggots who spam super heavies, and don't want their opponent to have a decent chance.

Worse, you WILL encounter Knightfaggots/Eldarseholes who insists the rule is outdated and can't be used. My best suggestion would be to not play against them, because they aren't going to be fun playing against anyway.

In game of Dark Heresy, Only War, etc, do your players often get medals?

>who insists the rule is outdated and can't be used.

unless they can prove the rule was updated in another book then they have no grounds to deny it

All the time, but this is probably not the right thread to talk about it in.

They will still try solely because they want the advantage of using super heavies against ordinary armies.

And some of them are quite potent, like -1 to the D table, so no deathblow result ever, and those D scythes will now only work half the time. So it really do matter for the average all-comer list.

Oh no! ONLY D3 Hullpoints/Wounds per hit! My D-weapon is ruined! /s

>Escalation is still relevant

You guys are peachy with me bringing a Transcendant C'tan then?

>but this is probably not the right thread to talk about it in.
Is there another 40k general?

The 40k RPG general.

Here's the link.

I'm already drowning in warriors, what difference would it make besides having a flashier battle.

if you use the rules in 7th necrons sure, it was crazy in the esclation rules. knights might be popular but the previous rules were simply too much

well it does make it so 1s and 2s miss.

How much deep striking is too much for armies without access to turn 1 deep strike? 50% of points? 75% of points?

>if you use the rules in 7th necrons sure

That thing ain't a Transcendent C'tan, dude.

>escalation (too large battles for most)

Escalation was just a list of Super-Heavies and their statlines that were legal for non-apoc games.

30% points is good

it's not? wait, didn't they split up the profiles or something?

So how big the basic minis really are? By basic I mean minis like space marine, tau fire warrior or imperial guard. I found information that their height is about 28 mm but I can't believe they are this small

Is Anghkor Prok still legal to take? Apparently its rules are really old currently but I really want to try out a Kroot only kill team.

toxotrophe or awhatever the name of this cover cloud farting tentacle monster is.
It is annoying. Really annoying.

28mm is the average, but average infantry tend to be pretty small by non-wargaming standard. Battles would take up way too much space otherwise.

It's a normal C'tan shard. Doesn't even have any interesting abilities like the other two.

A nerf, I'm cool with. Stealth-removing the unit by lazily slapping it's name on something you threw together in five seconds, not so much.

it's a wargame about miniatures. in this picture you have a wraithknight about to smash a space marine, the marine is 28mm while the wraithknight is about 9"

you need to go see it yourself in person

Doesn't matter what you believe, this isn't liberal arts college.

Make an agreement with your opponent.
Just ask your opponent
Talk with your opponent
TALK TO YOUR FUCKING OPPONENT

"Who?"
"EEeerrr......."
"I dunno, is he?"

Nuh-uuuh
I want the game to be arbitrated by an rigid impatial ruleset so I don't have to talk to anyone just roll dice and point.

height of a kabalite warrior is 34mm, so 28mm is not too far of. And they have big helmets.
The base (the little disc on which he stands is 25mm btw.

Chill. If I'd be doing this, it'd be against multiple people that I may not know really well. I don't want to have a list built and find out I can't actually play because I don't have a HQ.

Then its probably better not to. (Make a kroot-counts-as-ethereal maybe)

Miss on 1 and 2s and never ignore saves is a pretty big deal senpai

Shit, I really have to give a look at them in LGS. Painting them will be probably a lot harder than I tought

Is this the right place to discuss lists? I'm starting to get a major case of cold feet regarding my current set up.

Miniature painting's more knowing how to do it than practiced skill at the low level (when compared to free hand painting). I don't know about local FLGS, but GW stores offer free painting lessons and a free mini. That'd be enough to get started.

Just post

Yes, just make sure you structure it well for more reliable feedback (check the 1d4chan 40k page about it)

The figures are actually larger than you'd expect. Like the Leman Russ taking up a 4x5" area. You could probably proxy a tissue box for the thing.

Now if you go watch some of the ww2 tabletop games like bolt action, THAT's tiny!

Are you interested in 40k?
Not yet decided on an army?
Annnnnnnnnnnnd scared of painting?

I have THE solution for you: You want these. Seriously they are fuckeasy to paint. and still look good. Now easier then ever with GWs gemstone paints.

>Is Anghkor Prok still legal to take

yes, you are allowed to use the most up to date rules for a character

you're not painting miniatures for Golden Demon. layering/washing/highlighting to make a tabletop standard is a little challenging at first but becomes easier overtime as you get better.

everyone's first minis look bad

Guard infantry are also deceptively easy on the low level, but probably more time consuming.

I was thinking about them or Tau____ - both have small amount of details and faces, so maybe I will make them only a little bit retarded

If you insist.

Currently running a Guard army fluffed up as renegades, using the Caidan ruleset. I'm finw with everything except...

Emperor's Fist Armoured Company (775pts)

Tank Commander (300pts)
-Base (30pts)
-Leman Russ Vanquisher (135pts)
-Leman Russ Vanquisher (135pts)

Leman Russ Squad (120pts)
-Leman Russ Eradicator (120pts)
-Heavy Flamer (Free)

Leman Russ Squad (160pts)
-Leman Russ Battle Tank (150pts)
-Lascanon (10pts)

Leman Russ Squad (155pts)
-Leman Russ Executioner (155pts)
-Heavy Flamer (Free)

Enginseer (40pts)
-Base (40pts)

Emperor's Shield Infantry Platoon (697pts)

Infantry Platoon (547pts)
Platoon Command Squad (72pts)
-Base (30pts)
-Commander Krak Grenades (2pts)
-Vox Caster (5pts)
-Heavy Flamer (10pts)
-Ministorum Priest (25pts)

5x Infantry Squad (300pts)
-Base (50pts each)
-Vox Casters (5pts each)
-Grenade Launchers (5pts Each)

Conscripts (85pts)
-Base (60pts)
-Commissar (25pts)
-Boltgun (Free)

Heavy Weapon Squad (90pts)
-Base (45pts)
-3x Missile Launcher (45pts)

Armoured Sentinels (150pts)
-Base (40pts)
-2x Sentinels (80pts)
-3x Lascannons (10pts each)

The main problem I'm havign is the sentinels and Tank set-up. I originally took the sentinels so I could run the Emperor's shield formation, but looking over it again the special rules aren't that great. Is it worth losing the sentinels, replacing them with Las-Heavy Weapons teams and using the extra 50ish points to retrofit my Leman Russ squads?

Tau have a lot of tricks to make them easier, especially with spray cans. youtube.com/watch?v=rWDsxnoIiRo This video gives a good example. In the long run just pick what you like, just going for the easy option that you don't 100% love is not always a good idea.

I'll get back to you when I've finished rereading the Cadian Supplement...again. I swear I've read it four times and the rules and particulars still allude me.

I liked Tau and Tyranids lore, but the second one seems to be a bad idea for Kill Team or Low Point Games (which I want to play mainly). Same problem with Necrons - easy to paint but start collecting box contains a small amount and variety of minis. That's why I'm torn apart between Tau and Space Wolves - these fuckers just look amazing and I'm thinking about risk with them

Quick skim through.

Formatting help: remove mentioning free stuff, not really worth mentioning.

Don't take Vanquishers, they are awful. It might seem like a good idea, but they're likely to miss their shots/not do anything and don't have a blast radius.

Don't bother with heavy flamers/grenade launchers on guard, either go full lasguns or the melta/plasma option. Drop the ministorum priest unless you're taking 20+ blob squads (guard are so bad in melee it needs to stack heavily). In fact, consider dropping the commissar and giving the conscripts the priest instead but go full blob.

I personally don't like the missile launcher on HWS, I prefer taking lascannon or nothing. I also prefer scout sentinels but that's much more a personal thing.

>risk
You'll never actually irreversibly damage a mini. The worst you can really do is paint to thickly and need to strip it (which is super easy, see /wip/ about it). If you know someone, or have a GW store near you - you can get an easy free lesson that will make starting so easy.

Most walkers can get 5+ cover ridiculously easily, if you're playing with the proper amount of terrain.

Daemon saves on CSM vehicles are hugely overpriced and overestimated.

Any idea what to replace the Vanquishers with? If I drop to Scout Sentinels and lose the Commissar I've got an extra 40pts to play around with. Up to 65pts if I drop the Grenades.

Yeah, I will surely do it - stuff is really helpful but I just hadn't enough spare time to visit LGS. Hell, the first thing is I need to finally see these minis IRL and decided if they are worth my poorfag cash or should I stick with x-wing

Ok, you need at least one sentinel to remain battleforged. So don't throw all of them away lest you risk the wrath of the playerbase. Plus, your footslogging 70+ soldiers across the board, so you need every mobility buff you can get and move through cover is pretty nice. Plus, Fire and Advance lets your heavy weapons teams move and fire on the same turn.

What i you PCS doing? Is he up front setting people on fire? In the back giving orders? Jumping into Melee with the priest? I'm not following.

If you can drop enough points to grab a CCS, you can make this a Cadian battle group, and suddenly you get more orders and a buch of useful command traits to better control your army.

The tanks: Why does the Battle Tank have a Lascannon? You'll need that techpriest slapping power of the machine spirit on the tank constantly to use the lascannon for more than snapshots. If your going to put the lascannon on anything it should be on Vanquisher commander to take advantage of BS4. Don't underestimate the techpriest, either! That guy can repair your tanks, remove crew stunned results for one weapon per turn, remobilize, AND turns an AP2 weapon penetration from "1 in 6 chance to insta-kill your tank" to "1 in 36 chance to gib the tank".

One tank in each squadron, and two of the same tank in the command squadron is good. Keep that format.

>Most units can get ignores cover ridiculously easily, if you're playing with the proper army.

The default battle cannon is the most reliable all rounder but the demolisher and punisher are options for the other end of the scale.

In your opinion, What is the best allied army for imperial guard?

Vanquisher is better than usual in this context. Remember, both Vanquishers have BS4 under this formation. So if you kit them out with Lascannons your going to be hitting somewhere between 2 and 3 High Strength AP2 weapons per turn. If he went Pask, he'd also be rerolling to hit, to pen, and rerolling ones for the co-tank.

more imperial guard

The original plan for PCS was upfront and burning loyalist scum, with the CCS/Lord Commissar at the back barking orders.

Right, so, move the Lascannon onto the Vanquisher, add another to the other boyo and spend a few points on Pask?

Depends on the guard. Inquisition can buff both ends of the spectrum.

Good point. I still personally think it's a lot of point sink for something that can't really do both. Infantry lascannons are considerably less point sink for pure anti-tank.

True, but the Infantry lascannons are inevitably going to have to fire through their own troops (5+ cover to the enemy) or won't get the fire and advance order (Meaning they can't fire for a turn) and they're BS3 (Meaning only 1 out of every 3 shots is likely to even hit).

I've personally point-sinked my own Emp's Fist Company HQ to the point of Fallacy: Double Vanquisher, Double Lascannon, Kane's Harold, Pask, AND plasma sponsons. I would not recommend this to the list we're currently discussing. Pask and lascannons yes, but Harold and sponsons? No.

>Eyes on smooth surfaces.jpg

Don't let this user fool you.

I wish. Only one guy has easy access to Ignore Cover in my meta... and it's the Tau player. I know shocking.

>I feel they were super selective with Ignore Cover. Your faction either has it on speed dial or not at all.

Should I change the configurations of the other three tanks (aside from moving the lacannon)? I've got fifteen points to fiddle with.

Calm down mongloid. Most people are willing to talk to their opponent. But it's time to stop pretending that Scatbike spammers brought an alternate list to run, just in case someone doesnt want to play vs 36 jetbikes.

Or that the double Stormsurge guy has a few foam trays full of Kroot and Tau tanks to swap out for one of his Riptide wings.

Because this doesnt happen. People show up with the list they want to play, thats it. I know its empowering, and an ego-boost for you to pretend that we are all autists who are incapable or unwilling to 'TALK TO OUR OPPONENTS' - but you can snap out of your little fantasy now. Because it is most definately not an accurate portrayal of the average pick up game at an lgs.

But a already have 71+ of the little bastards...

Any suggestions for how to make an Inquisitor to complement a infantry based guard force?

Look in the HoR Kill Team rules - Kroot Auxiliary list has lots of cool stuff.

If you're playing GW Kill Team (why?) then no, you can't use him because he's not in the Tau codex.

> they're BS3 (Meaning only 1 out of every 3 shots is likely to even hit).
err no
BS3 is 50% or 1 in 2

Where were you the day the humble rhini killed the riptide the day it was anchored?

You could use the Inquisitorial Henchmen's access to relatively cheap psykers and just spam blessings.

not him but that does bring up a good point. how much of your collection do you usually bring? i think i bring most of mine so at least 3k of daemons but i rarely need more then 1500 and 90 models or so

No one anchors Stormsurges, so meh.

Fair point, but the Forgefiend's still way overpriced.

>71+
You're not even halfway to being able to run the Cadian Infantry Core detachment

I say keep the lascannons on the tanks because there will be a lot of situations where having some AP2 will be helpful even with the BS3. Like facing Riptides or Stormsurges it's always good to have the lascannon because if your target isn't killable by the battle cannon just throwing some laser goodness at it is sure to ruin their day.

I round down because I'm a pessimist during mathhammer. Only I ever roll ones; the enemy will always roll a six. Therefore my techpriests always get their full servitor retinue and nobody gets plamsa without prefered enemy.

I'm one of the biggest critics of the Stormsurge you can get, for many reasons... But this is still a dumb ruling.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I bring just the list I intend to play. The only time I ever see anyone bring extra/alternate is for flyers/no flyers.

I'm keeping the Lascannons, just moving them to the Vanquishers. I was just unsure about the main guns of the others.

It doesnt really matter at all though. Stormsurges are never anchored, at least not in any of the games Ive ever seen or played.
And it goes without saying - now that this rule is in effect, no Taufag will ever anchor a Stormsurge if he's playing against a vehicle capable of tank shock.

>A unit which can get two shooting phases for standing still the previous turn and this doesn't ever stand still

???

Same. I have a whole collection of each god and I have a list for each of them, I usually ask who I am playing which god they want to see before we deploy.

Have you personally ever seen one anchored?

I have. But he was playing against Knights and SM.

Put a Bolter on the Eradicator and Executioner. They don't have ordinance so those bolters can fire unmolested. If you want, you can stick a heavy flamer on the Battle Tank, because while a snap firing heavy bolter is unlikely to do anything, the flamer will come in handy if someone gets close to your lines and you don't want to risk the cannon straying into your own lines.

Executioner I'm kinda flip-floppy about. The Vanquishers, HWTs, and Sentinals got lots of AT between them, but 5 guardsmen squads, conscripts, and command teams got no shortage of anti-infantry. I guess there's no reason NOT to take an executioner sense it can do both work.

You got 15 extra points? Buy a servitor for your techpriest. Increase the Blessings of the Omnissiah rolls by one while keeping a meatshield for your mechanic.

That Infantry core is insane. I'm pretty sure someone at GW just really likes gunlines, because moving that many troops will mean hour-long movement phases. At least the armor core can get away with 5 tanks minimum, not 150 troopers plus command!

Protip: a Stormsurge has so much dakka that anchoring isnt even necessary, also it cant stomp when its anchored

>inb4 'Stormsurges dont stomp hurrdurr'

Competitive players walk their SS up the board, destroying everything.

>pretty sure someone at GW just really likes gunlines

Yeah, it has nothing to do with driving sales. It's gameplay related!

Well, that leaves me with five points to spare, so I think I'll just splurge it on something stupid. Thanks for your help anons!

Here's my recommendation if you have lots of Tau in your meta,bring lascannons on all of your tanks. It will still be on sixes if you fire your ordinance weapons but Tau players love bringing units with 2+ armor. And it's better to keep the lascannons as a back up just in case than to not have them at all.