/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Hussite Wars Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9pQ4iQcbhc
mediafire.com/download/jbnm8prrz1443g4/Osprey - MAA 166 - German Medieval Armies 1300-1500.pdf
mediafire.com/download/68jgaimnx24vnqm/Osprey - MAA 409 - The Hussite Wars 1419-36.pdf
mediafire.com/download/66oe6rbfrgg4d86/Osprey - OW 03 - Medieval Handgonnes.pdf
kickstarter.com/projects/1992455033/battle-of-britain
mediafire.com/download/ucc1vargbc1b4sr/WRG - Warfleets of Antiquity.pdf
mediafire.com/download/zlfwra8qa4lrq5a/Osprey - NVA 132 - Ancient Greek Warship 500-322 BC.pdf
mediafire.com/download/pl3kzmp9fr5ddkb/Osprey - VAN 196 - Warships of the Ancient World.pdf
veltd.net/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=36
mediafire.com/download/u88nuwta6842obw/Osprey - ELI 137 - The Mexican Revolution 1910-20.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rad_(unit)
globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/policy/army/fm/3-3-1/fm3-3-1.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Ronin
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Germany Strikes!
Bolt Action: Empire in Flames

July 14th in military history:

756 – An Lushan Rebellion: Emperor Xuanzong flees the capital Chang'an as An Lushan's forces advance toward the city.
1099 – The First Crusade: Jerusalem falls to the Crusaders.
1420 – Battle of Vítkov Hill, decisive victory of Czech Hussite forces commanded by Jan Žižka against Crusade army led by Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor
1789 – French Revolution: Citizens of Paris storm the Bastille.
1864 – American Civil War: Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest suffers his biggest defeat when Union General Andrew J. Smith routs his force in Tupelo, Mississippi.
1881 – Billy the Kid is shot and killed by Pat Garrett outside Fort Sumner.
1916 – Start of the Battle of Delville Wood as an action within the Battle of the Somme, which was to last until 3 September.
1918 – Quentin Roosevelt, a pilot in the United States Air Service and the fourth son of former U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt, is shot down and killed by a German Fokker plane over the Marne River in France.
1950 – Korean War: North Korean troops initiate the Battle of Taejon.
1958 – Iraqi Revolution: In Iraq the monarchy is overthrown by popular forces led by Abd al-Karim Qasim, who becomes the nation's new leader.
1969 – Football War: After Honduras loses a soccer match against El Salvador, riots break out in Honduras against Salvadoran migrant workers.

It is 596 years since the Battle of Vítkov Hill, fought as part of the Hussite Wars. The battle pitted the forces of Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor against Hussite forces under command of Jan Žižka (in English, John Zizka). Vítkov Hill was located on the edge of the city of Prague and the battle occurred in a vineyard established by Sigismund's father, Charles IV. The battle ended with a decisive Hussite victory.

On 1 March 1420, Pope Martin V had published a papal bull in which he ordered that Sigismund and all Eastern princes had to organize a crusade against the Hussite followers of John Hus, John Wycliffe and other heretics. On 15 March in Wrocław, Emperor Sigismund ordered the execution of Jan Krása who was a Hussite and leader of the Wrocław Uprising in 1418. On 17 March the papal legate Ferdinand de Palacios published the bull in Wrocław. After that the Utraquist faction of Hussites understood that they would not reach agreement with him. They united with Taborite Hussites and decided to defend against the Emperor.

The crusaders assembled their army in Świdnica. On 4 April, Taborite forces destroyed Catholic forces in Mladá Vožice. On 7 April Taborites under command of Nicholas of Hus captured Sedlice after which they captured Písek, the castle Rábí, Strakonice, and Prachatice. At the end of April, the crusading army crossed the Bohemian border. At the beginning of May they captured Hradec Králové. On 7 May, Čeněk of Wartenberg surrounded Hradčany.

The Crusader force of 400 infantry and knights under the command of Peter of Sternberg attempted to defend Benešov against the Taborites. After the battle, the crusader forces were destroyed and the town was burned. Near Kutná Hora the crusader forces under the command of Janek z Chtěnic and Pippo Spano attacked the formations of the Taborites without success. On 22 May, Taborite forces entered Prague.

The siege began on 12 June. The crusaders' forces, in the opinions of the chroniclers, consisted of 100-200,000 soldiers; in the opinions of modern historians they probably had 3-4,000. One of the most important points in the fortifications of Prague was Vítkov Hill. The fortifications on this hill secured roads on the crusaders' supply lines. The fortifications themselves were made from timber but they were consolidated with a stone and clay wall and with moats. On the southern part of the hill there was a standing tower, the northern part was secured by a steep cliff. The fortifications were said to be defended by 26 men and three women, though in the opinion of Durdik, it was probably about 60 soldiers. On 13 July, the crusader's cavalry crossed the river Vltava and began their attack. On 14 July, Hussite relief troops surprised the Knights with an attack through the vineyards on the southern side of the hill on which the battle was fought. The violent attack forced the crusaders down the steep northern cliff. Panic spread among the crusaders, which made them rout the field. During the retreat, many knights drowned in the Vltava. Most of Žižka's forces were soldiers armed with flails and guns.

The crusaders lost about 100-300 knights; Hussite casualities are unknown. In honour of this battle, Vítkov Hill was renamed Žižkov after Jan Žižka. As a consequence of the Hussite victory on Vítkov, the crusaders lost any hope of starving the city into submission and their army disintegrated. The National Monument exists today on the hill and in 2003 local officials were attempting to replant the vineyard.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9pQ4iQcbhc

The Hussites are a fascinating wargaming army to play because they're quite different from the contemporary norm. You've got all those war-wagons which they used with such effectiveness, as well as a variety of firearms and artillery. Not to mention groups of fanatic flail-wielding women. Their religious motivation gives them a unity and purpose tending towards high discipline and morale. A lot of wargaming systems accommodate them; I recall in DBM they were a brutal wall of death in defence but not practically maneuverable in offense. Nonetheless, you get guns and tanks in the Medieval era!

mediafire.com/download/jbnm8prrz1443g4/Osprey - MAA 166 - German Medieval Armies 1300-1500.pdf
mediafire.com/download/68jgaimnx24vnqm/Osprey - MAA 409 - The Hussite Wars 1419-36.pdf
mediafire.com/download/66oe6rbfrgg4d86/Osprey - OW 03 - Medieval Handgonnes.pdf

PSC doing another board game kickstarter.

Folks, do I suck at this game?

nah

But this was on easy.

Asking again from the last thread

I just got a copy of the new Poseidon's Warriors. I want to place an order with langton but I'm going in sorta blind. There are a few nice looking scenarios in the back of the book I'd like to build towards but I have a couple questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

I downloaded most of the ospreys related in the OP (including the ones recommended in the last thread) but still cant really tell the difference. If I buy a bunch of triremes, can I use them in multiple eras? For example If I plan for a Peloponnese War scenario, can I use the same ships in a first punic war one? From what I've seen so far (Osprey Illustrations) I can't seem to find a difference between any of the nations ships.

Does anyone have a good paint guide for this kind of thing? I like the one on langtons site but it doesn't exactly answer my questions about color and decorations.

And finally does anyone have a good blog on this era? Ive read through the stuff on Olicanalad but thats it so far.

AI can cheat. Plus defensive positions can be really strong in mowas2. If you can finish it youre fine

probably

7 years ago a first person view of a multiplayer MoW game I played was "shoutcasted" by the reasonably popular youtube RTS commentator
TychoCelchuuu and is still around for everyone to watch all this time later.

also MoW multiplayer is great fun.

>MoW multiplayer is great fun

That it is, and Im excited for the upcoming tournament.

This was MoW:AS 1, but not much of a difference...I wasn't paying too much attention and when I finally got through a small stream, fuggen Nebelwerfers hit me in the face and I lost most of my assault forces...plus shit, tanks are fucking useless except for really heavy ones. Either micromanage the shit out of them, or they'll just die from a hidden AT gun.

>That it is, and Im excited for the upcoming tournament.
I havent played for like 5 years, but what is everyone playing now, AS 2?

>mowas1

Im so sorry

And as for tanks being useless you just need to scout ahead and find where the guns are. Its not too bad but you cant just go gung-ho

Yeah mowas2, theres a competitive mod for it that probably gets the most mileage atm

Posted a scenario yesterday and now playing it. British mmg took down 7 Germans in pregame and turn 1 losing just 1 crew member. Lucky start!

Given the chance I'll try the game, but I don't have too much opportunities for that ATM.

The scenarios sounded fun tho, keep them coming.

> theres a competitive mod for it that probably gets the most mileage atm

Care to elaborate?

A competitive mod might go some way to improve the fun to be had with friends.

>Yeah mowas2, theres a competitive mod for it that probably gets the most mileage atm
It's the 2v2 tournament?

Is it going to be streamed do you know?

Are there vods of previous finals/semis?

I think it's one of those wonderfully helpful Lance&longbow society mini books that I have that's a perfect wargaming supplement for the Hussite wars as it has an overview, with map in many cases, of every major battle of the wars.
Definitely worth getting hold of, cheap too.

1/4
> I want to run a game of "Legend of the Five Rings"

Jokingly and seriously you could go to ebay or some place and get some of the Clan Wars rule books which was the official L5R mini game. (Pic Related)

>good rule-set for Sengoku era Japan?

Well good is subjective. Years ago I searched for a good rule set for age of the "warring states" era Japan. I found that no one really touches that period/setting or in a mass battle kind of way.

After your original post I went digging thru my disheveled archive and found the two homebrews I saved years ago. No guarantee on quality but if you end up having to brew your own they might save you some work and give you a place to start.

2/4

one called Bushi

3/4
one called daimyo

4/4
QRS for Daimyo

Finished the scenarios. Conclusion.. Veterans in buildings are too strong: hard to hit.. Hard to kill and good at Cc. I did manage to blow the hano mag. I would also change Part1 where the bits get to keep any survivors in Part2. I abused the fact and assaulted the German Lt with the final order die which is fun but a bit of a cheap move. Lucky for the Germans.. The order failed.

Godly mmg range. Vickers was in the right house

German played could have targeted a house instead of the one squad outside.

Also 4 turns would be better for part 2

since your units and your losses won't carry over to the next scenario it wont matter at all. (i hate that their single player is just one skirmish map after another)

great stuff mate!

mediafire.com/download/ucc1vargbc1b4sr/WRG - Warfleets of Antiquity.pdf
mediafire.com/download/zlfwra8qa4lrq5a/Osprey - NVA 132 - Ancient Greek Warship 500-322 BC.pdf
mediafire.com/download/pl3kzmp9fr5ddkb/Osprey - VAN 196 - Warships of the Ancient World.pdf

Are those plastic Zevezda samurai for a game or just figures?

That's a pic of the 1st ed main starter box for the game. This is a pic of a opened daimyo (2nd) ed starter box. It was figures, rule books, dice, bases, ect. Just like a 40k starter box and such. (not at home to take a pic of my stuff) The stack of cards are unit references, magic spells, and tactical effects.

>plastic Zevezda samurai
All Clan War figs were pewter and AEG did the spin casting themselves at the office. After AEG dropped the game the manufacturing rights floated around and now Valiant Enterprises Ltd currently has the masters/molds and are still producing them but they cost more than they originally cost when the game was out.

veltd.net/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=36

That actually looks pretty fantastic.

Despite a family history of heavy toy soldier use (father, brother, uncle, cousins), I have avoided it myself due to the associated costs and being kind of bad at painting. However, I noticed that 6mm figures were a thing, and they look affordable as hell. Planning on doing some Sengoku Jidai stuff in 6mm, I figure the battles can look properly impressive with 6mm on a much cheaper budget.

I'm planning to do a game of either the battle of Tedorigawa or Anegawa (Uesugi vs. Oda or Oda vs. Asakura + Monks), but I'm not set on that yet.

People have mixed opinion on the best rulesets for samurai games. Does anyone have opinions on the following rulesets?

Killer Katanas 2 (Spiral Bound Book for $35, lots of historical info apparently)

Peter Pig's "Battles in the Age of War" (Apparently similar rule set to more popular "Bloody Barons," cannot be found online by mortal men)

Tokai (Faster battles, $25 dollars online)

I'm comfortable with longer game times, so long as it's a proper set up. Any thoughts?

I did it lads, I bought Rule the Waves

No opinion on the rules I'm afraid, but 6mm is great, it is often viewed suspiciously by 28mm die-hards but quantity is a quality of its own and I have thoroughly enjoyed 6mm outings with Napoleonics.

Whoops, rude me, forgot to read the thread first. I will prepare a death poem.

I'll take a look at the rules you posted.

I found your page with reviews of KK2 and Taiko while doing some preliminary research. In your opinion, what are the weaknesses of these games that your system does better?

LAV-75

I'm not looking to start an argument, but I'm curious as to the pros/cons between Flames of War and Bolt Action. I'd like to try WWII gaming and both games have caught my interest. At just a cursory glance FoW seems to have an emphasis on a grander scale which interests me more.

>At just a cursory glance FoW seems to have an emphasis on a grander scale which interests me more.
That's the biggest difference. If you want platoon sized games, you play Bolt Action, if you want company sized game, you play FoW. Tho I'd recommend to check out Battlegroup too if you're going 15mm.

I've played both and tbqh found them both a bit unsatisfying. My best experience was with Bolt Action on a very large table, FoW is a smaller model scale but also tends to cram a lot of units on the board at the same time at standard battle sizes. My problem with Bolt Action is that it lacks a bit of granularity with armour and needs gentleman's agreements to keep things sensible with army lists not yet segregated into eras. You could have a look at Battlegroup (nèe Kampfgruppe) less popular but quite good.

Maybe its more of a "board game" than a lot of the games discussed here, but has /hwg/ seen this?

Looks like it was actually mentioned a little earlier in the thread.

Not much of a planefag, but it looks interesting.

Bolt action is WW2 40k, hence you get a lot of 40k converts.

Man, Slavs are weird.

>IS LIKE AMERICAN BATTLE-CAMPER IN ONE BILL MURRAY MOVIE BUT IS MORE COMPACTING!

Yeah FoW is more large scale, BA is more skirmish.

If you want to focus on 1 or 2 squads of infantry and maye a vehicle or gun, play BA. If you want proper combined arms, many tanks, many guns, many whole platoons of infantry, many light vehicles, all working together in a massive battle, you want FoW.

pic: some other game. Battlegroup I think

15mm? Don't a lot of people play Battlegroup at 1/72? because the agreement with PSC and their cheaps tanks, just looks the their Facebook page and you will see a lot of gorgeous tables at 1/72.

It can be played at 28mm too. It's probably the cheapest in 15mm, and Battlegroup books usually feature whatever stuff Piers Brand paints up - usually infantry from AB, and tanks from various manufacturers. Last one I've seen from him are some S-Model Crusaders.

The BGK rulebook explicitly states that the rules were designed with 1/72 and 15mm in mind.

I like more 15mm i even play BA in 15mm with leftovers from FoW, but it was weird seeing you from all the people say him to try Bettlegroup at 15mm a pretty well know system, that personally, i saw more people playing it at 1/72.

I have a strange fascination with 15mm. Bit of a love-hate relationship.

I was the same for me, until i played FoW and i got a ton of leftovers from the companies boxes and PSC become a thing.

You're the only people I can think to ask this to, /hwg/; does anyone know what the residual radiation for tactical (1-750kt) and strategic (1mt+) nuclear weapon ground and airbursts is? Say after the period of a year, what would the rads (I know, outdated unit) per minute be in the blast area? I've been scouring google, but can't find anything all too helpful.

I would use Sieverts and Sieverts/h for your measurement. At the end of this simple ruleset are some accurate radiation values, and their effects, have a look, should help you out.

Also remember there is an immediate effect, and a cumulative effect (not implemented in this Simple game) For example first responders to the chernobyl reactor came back instantly tanned, and I've heard reports of guys coming back from a breached reactor on a sub and having their throats all swollen up, and their voices become high pitch. This is for a VERY high and fatal dosage though, probably 10 or 20 sieverts in a couple of minutes. If you absorbed this same amount of radiation over a long period, you wouldn't never get the tanning and swollen throat, you'd just get thyroid cancer and heart attacks.

For your crater 1 year after impact I would say about 50 or 60 msv/hr. Which would make you nauseous after about an half an hour in the area. Of course with a game you want things to be less realistic and have more effect on the characters, so I would recommend having "hot spots" if the character stumbles into a hot spot, they make a dexterity or intelligence check, if they fail, they take a lot more RADs than they usually would. Also since in a game you rarely track the long term over years, the cumulative effects should effect a characters endurance slightly, but only after they've received quite a heavy dosage.

Depending on what you had in mind, you could use the radiation contamination rules from Twilight 2000

Also here's how Traveller handles it, note that they have an immediate effect and a cumulative effect. This is from the Mongoose Traveller core rulebook, and is in RADs if you want to stick with that.

Does anyone have painting schemes for mexican federales?

Is the cumulative effect over your lifetime?

You mean the modern cops, or the Government army in the Revolution, user? Because I can give you an Osprey for the latter, but the former is a little outside my area of expertise.

mediafire.com/download/u88nuwta6842obw/Osprey - ELI 137 - The Mexican Revolution 1910-20.pdf

Exactly that. Thanks!

Looks like you got two interesting challenges in front of you user: painting white uniforms, and making them dusty.

Thanks a bunch user. I do have a system I am already using (Which measures things in rads, thus why I asked for rads), it's specifically the dosage that I'm worried about though.

Would you say the impact crater would be 50-60 msv/hr regardless of weapon yield and ground/airburst, the latter just resulting in a smaller radius?

I am using Twilight 2000. Or, rather, Twilight 2000's older brother, Twilight 2013 with 2000's setting (Because 13's setting sucks). I ask mostly because the radiation amounts it suggests seem... Really really really low (Pic related. One would have to stand around a nuclear crater for about ten days before experiencing even slight radiation sickness) and the amounts in 2000 seem really high in comparison (1d10/minute for ground bursts, 1d6/minute for airburts).

So really, I just need to figure out what would be reasonable for it.

By any chance, do you have the rules in pdf?

yep, until you take anti RAD medicine, which is the only way to get rid of RADs. The negatives to endurance can never be cured though. Which represents cancer, complications etc.

Those doses do seem a bit low. A reactor core meltdown would be able to deliver 1000 RADS or more in a few minutes. essentially a fatal dose within a minute. Multiply the core meltdown by 100 and everything else by 50 and you should be looking ok.

The reality is that radiation drops a lot over 2 years, so your impact crater would have a pretty low dosage in the grand scale of things. Scale it to how long you want your players to be hanging around, and how badly you want them to be effected by the scenario.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rad_(unit)

400 RADs is acute radiation sickness, so depends if you want them to hit that mark or not. D10 rads per minute could work. at 200 RADs you start getting redness of skin and probably feeling awful.

Pic is a map I used in our Traveller campaign, for a highly radioactive area. The colored spots represent the radiation. A round is 6 seconds in traveller for reference

I've seen a battlegroup AAR in 6mm (with multi figure basin) before. It's fairly scale agnostic though I think the authors primarily play in 20mm

How's this look:
Reactor after core meltdown: 10d100 Rads/Minute
Reactor waste storage facility: 10d20 Rads/Minute
Nuclear Weapon with damaged casing: 5d20 Rads/Minute
Radioisotope generator with damaged casing: 1d20 Rads/Minute
Damaged medical radiation equipment: 1d10 Rads/Minute
Strategic nuclear ground burst: 1d10 Rads/Minute
Tactical nuclear ground burst: 2d10L Rads/Minute
Strategic nuclear air burst: 1d6 Rads/Minute
Tactical nuclear air burst: 2d6L Rads/Minute
(L meaning take the lowest of the two dice)

Try and dig up The Morrow Project.
It should have some useful info

What's on your desk right now, /hwg/?

I've got 4 U/V class destroyers, a Leander class light cruiser, a modified Leander class light cruiser, and an enterprising Tribal class dd that had somehow infiltrated my Kriegsmarine box. When I finish those up, I'll be done with the Royal Navy stuff I own and it will either be on to doing little stuff like my Greek and Swedish stuff, or ABDACOM stuff. Or if I get a bug up my ass, maybe the aforementioned Kriegsmarine.

Darn it. I read that early WWI Brits make good Federales and early WWI Germans good Mexican cadets, and are obvious choices for 1:72. Yet, I can't make out which ones are the ones so simmilar.

15 Vikings and 4 Normans in 28mm. Currently painting 20 shades of brown (all the leather details), shields and a standard

I'm considering finishing up my PSC Germans for Bolt Action since my Brits are done (should take a group pic), and I still haven't got Plastidip to do my North Vietnamese or Zulu War Brits.

Other than that, some old metal Warzone Bauhaus Etoiles Mortant, but sssh.

Bunch of cowboys and two-storey building, plus bunch of Polish XVII-century nobles, all 20mm. I bet the building will be on first. I'm slow painter and a shitty one.

What Leander class? I've got 1/2400 GHQ HMS Enterprise because my Grandfather served on her.

A bunch of GPB Saxon Thegns and Dark Age Warriors. Also a bunch of EOE Orbis Boers.

I was a fool to think that my rate of construction and painting that I had for my Warlord Nazis was something I could keep up.

Is anyone interested in playing some MoWAS2 at some point?

Honestly, I'm not sure which particular hull the Leander sculpt is based on, but I was going to do it up as HMS Ajax. The modified Leander (the two stackers that went to Australia and NZ) I'm doing as HMAS Sydney.

Know of anyone that makes a Patapsco-class gasoline tanker? My grandfather served on one in the Pacific at the tail end of the war, and I'd like a model for similar reasons. (Pic related was the last gift I ever got to give him, and I hate that I had to rush it)

>HMS Enterprise
You didn't mention how long he served, but that ship went a lot of places, and saw quite a lot of things. Bet he had some stories to tell.

He did but he wasn't on her very long late 42-43. Some of it was refit I think.

he had stories about being an LCA coxswain on D-Day. That was some harrowing shit.

Welp, started working on the group project. Will prime it tomorrow if it won't rain again.

You do what you have to with what you have on hand. That and one of the previous pics reminds me of tail told by a Huey Crew Chief in Vietnam.

>Crew chief in Vietnam
>Supply guy comes up to the Huey with a trolley full of Flak Jackets
>Supply guy tells Crew Chief he's here to issue him a Jacket
>Young, dumb, and macho at the time tells supply guy he didn't want it
>Pilot overhears conversation and asks if he didn't want it could he have it
>Supply guy says sure why not
>Pilot takes Jacket, opens the pilot door and shoves the Jacket in the floor canopy window.

And heres pic for you

a few hundred 6mm romans

>because the agreement with PSC and their cheaps tanks
same reason for 15mm, cheap PSC plastics

>the group project.
>tfw ordered some figures specifically for it and haven't even received shipping conformation yet

pls

I live directly under the Vítkov hill, I visit the monument quite frequently as it is a grand running destination.

Žižka's statue is nearly as huge as the guy's balls during his life. One of the biggest riding statues in the world actually and one of our most revered national heroes.

>partly built T-34/76 from Hobby Boss (1:48 scale)
>around 30 soviet infantrymen waiting for primer
>Sdkfz 250 waiting for paint

i got a squad of german grenadiers waiting. I'm going to paint/use them as Luftwaffe Felddivision.

Besides that i'm waiting for the box of russian infantry i bought during the Forgestarter campaign by Fireforge Games. It was shipped earlier this week so hopefully it arrives soon

What exactly is the topic for the group project?

Essentially, something damaged/destroyed/killed.

Can be a casualty marker, or a sinking ship or a destroyed piece of terrain or anything else that fits really.

Quite a bit, but the historical stuff that has decent priority:

>Two M4A3 Shermans, Firefly, Comet, Cromwell, Panzer IV and Tiger IE that will all be painted in GuP colours for the new Tanks! game.
>Handful of T-72s (Battlefront and PSC) to be assembled/painted and two hinds and 5 BMP upper hulls that only need paint. All for Team Yankee.

Other stuff (soem non-historical):
>PSC Germans (Panzer III and IV) and Zvezda Brits (M3 Lee and M3 Stuart) to be used for simple demo forces based on North Africa.
>More than two dozen Battletech minis.
>Two non-scale Macross model kits (VF-31S and Sv-262Hs).
>Some D&D minis.

Also thinking about the group project, but I can't think of any really appropriate parts right now.
Unless, of course, I make some more smoke columns out of clump foliage and metal wire.
That would be pretty nice to have handy.

I knew it would not hurt to include it into OP or some additional post at the beggining of topic, maybe after historical part.

Let me quote: "Lets do some kind of casualty/wreck marker, that way even the naval guys can participate if they want. A ruined building could probably even work; the point is to get everyone to finish a little project

Due date of lets say Aug 15 work for everyone?".

It depends on how anal you want to be. Radiation is at its worse during and right after the blast. The biggest dangers after the event are the isotopes formed during the reaction and spread by the wind and neutron-induced gamma activity at and around the crater. If you are interested here

globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/policy/army/fm/3-3-1/fm3-3-1.pdf

FM 3-3-1 Nuclear Contamination Avoidance

It basically will give you more than you need also initially look to pages:
3-1 : Residual Radiation Effects
6-8 : Period of Validity and Decay Rate
7-0 : Neutron-Induced Radiation Areas

With this book, a M4A1 Nuclear Yield Calculator, and a M5A2 Fallout Predictor you'll be plotting and calculation fallout and dose rates like a champ.

Word of note this book is based on real time field calculation for immediate use by on site command decision making. Long term calculation would be done later. But an equation can be pushed out.

Sadly no, I have the main and Lion expansion book only in physical copy and my cards for the game met with a "negative outcome water event".

What ruleset do you recommend for Mexican Revolution BTW? Have anyone played Achtung Gringo?

>negative outcome water event

A platoon of Soviet infantry in 15mm that I have based up individually for a game of Battlegroup. Yes I know I don't have to base them up individually. But I hate using dice or casualty caps/counters before I pull a stand.

Nice 20mm figs... oh, wait.