Even More Unplayed Legendaries Edition

Even More Unplayed Legendaries Edition

>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/molimo-voltron/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-03-16-Ssr-reaper-king/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/how-bad-can-a-11-be/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v20/
youtube.com/watch?v=xnba1fKRNZo
youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs
commandertheory.com/)
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/isperia-commander-of-the-skies/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/molimo-voltron/
I need help cutting shit, and I'm sure there are vital lands that I'm missing.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-03-16-Ssr-reaper-king/

Does my deck look okay? Could anything be improved?

>mfw jin-gitaxias, newlamog, consuming aberration, and terrastodon on turn 5

And my group said BUG was weak

>no title again
You're just fucking up on purpose now.

BUG is literally the most powerful color combination in EDH

>playing Pic Related
>Twincast Enlightened Tutor
>Get Vanishing
>Play on Rayne
>Drop Morph
>Opponent Karlovs Morph
>Draw 2
>Flip Willbender
>Move to Rayne
>Draw 2
>Phase out Rayne
>Next turn drop Spellskite
>Copy Enchant on Vanishing
>Put on Skite
>opponent Returns To Dust both Vanishings
>Draw 4
>Pay 4 life and Move both targets to Spellskite
>Draw 4
>Phase out Skite
>In response Path on Skite
>Draw 2
>Misdirection, pitching Launch
>Target Karlov

SALTY
A
L
T
Y

damn, his eyes look like empty black sockets

I need a Phyrexia flavored BUG legend in my life. 5 color would be perfect though.

Please gib list user, I'm working on her right now. I made it voltron

Could you give me any suggestions?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/how-bad-can-a-11-be/

I know this user. I think my group now understands this

>I need a phyrexia flavoured BUG commander if my life

The closest you will get is mimeoplasm, if you want to talk about og phyrexia though just about any mono black commander will do the trick

Don't have a list one me cause I'm bored at work, but the first thing you should get is a Vanishing. It's basically the best thing for her.

Voltron might work on her, but I think it would be too tricky to pull off. What I learned is that you can't rely on your opponents targeting your shit, so you need regular card draw, too, especially since blue can only tutor spells.

You're definitely on the right track. I would suggest maybe fewer auras and more utility simply because you don't want to get blown out by a path because you drew more auras. Helm of the Gods is good, so maybe utility enchantments.

Also, get Misdirection effects. Misdirection, Spellskite (if you can afford it), Willbender, Mizzium Meddler, ect because it will keep your stuff safe and potentially draw more cards. I run a morph package for Vesuvian with things like Willbender and Spellsnatcher.

Guys help

Do I build Muzzio or Jarad? I love artifacts and Muzzio looks rad as fuck but Jarad also looks neat and I like sac engines/outlets

Neither would be super turbo optimized

Jarad

should i change out profane command and solemn for jarad's orders and life / death or exhume?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v20/

I like the deck user, have you considered Thada Adel? She does mad work

>The closest you will get is mimeoplasm, if you want to talk about og phyrexia though just about any mono black commander will do the trick

Vorthos i.e fluffy Phyrexia is subpar in Monoblack and I just want G and U to use most of their cardbase.

Do you like cheating out fatties and Blightsteels? Play Muzzio. Do you like saccing your own shit do kill everyone? Play Jarad.

Hm. Neither islands nor artifacts are super big in my meta. Bare minimum, I pick up sol rings, if I can land that hit, which is kinda iffy. I can stick Rayne's flying stuff on thada, but then I'm really moving away from the core strategy.

Looks fine, but just a suggestion, there are three changeling cards that have the champion keyword, if you can get them out you basically can remove every permanent if reaper king is also out. Just an idea.

Mirror mockery is another great "When X attacks, put a token that's a copy onto the battlefield" that you could look into.

Obviously with five color you can go as degenerate as you want, but it looks to be a pretty moderate and non-cancerous power level so I approve.

I think I will build Ramirez DePietro next

And only play the deck while drunk

I wonder about vanishing, just on account that I lose any other auras and the equipment falls off. I guess it does dodge field sweeps, which is pretty neat. Does vanishing reattach?

I do have all your suggested misdirect effects, + redirect, - expensive spellskite. Though it IS pretty cute, and I have one, but it's for another deck...I ramble, thank you for the suggestions!

Any particularly good card draw spells you think I'm missing? I dislike simple cantrips like ponder and brainstorm.

On rum

>Unplayed legendary
Unplayed Legendary

>Bare minimum, I pick up sol rings

user it's one of the best cards in Magic.

bumping for suggestions please

Vanishing doesn't cause equipment or auras to fall off, they get phased with the creature they are attached too and phase back in still attached.

You don't lose auras or unnattach equipments. That's what's so good about it.

If you are deadset on phyrexia flavour I found this for you. Its not U but its what I could find

Maximum kek

So much spicy tree tech, sure it wont see play in any format but hey im sure it will remain a $10-15 mythic for casual combo

!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!

youtube.com/watch?v=xnba1fKRNZo

Can he be fun?

>esper is good with artifacts and graveyards
>there is a fair number of artifacts that can pump your land count
>esper can run a strong control suite alongside it

It's either artifacts or control(or some combination thereof) with a voltron finisher. I think you could do some cute stuff looping burnished hart, solemn simuacrum, wayfinder's bauble with esper graveyard/artifact shenanigans, but at the end of the day it's a voltron strategy. If you like that, you could have fun.

Rum has done very bad things to me in the past

There is a brewery near me that sells nautically-named beers, I'll buy from them

Probably salty because you broke a rule. You can't change both targets of the Return to Spellskite.

I want to make Boros-Flavoured Tajic Solders. I dunno if this deck will end up very good, I might end up having to splash into other sets like Theros, but I'm determined to make it work somehow. Any recommended cards?

How good is Archetype of Endurance? Does it make you too much of a target?

I would much rather have an Asceticism

The thing about Phasing is that they just stop existing until your next Untap step. Equipment falls off, but auras stay. Nothing leaves or enters the battlefield, you just ignore them for awhile until they return.

The Misdirect effects are just nice because you draw cards, then move it to your opponents stuff and keep yours.

I happen to really like Brainstorm and ponder effects, but otherwise draw spells that don't cost 6+ are usually nice to have. Oona's Grace is nice cause you'll get a lot of lands, Deep Analysis, ect

6/1/2011 If the spell or ability has multiple instances of the word “target,” you choose which target you’re changing to Spellskite when Spellskite’s ability resolves.
6/1/2011 By activating Spellskite’s ability multiple times, you can change each target of a spell or ability with multiple instances of the word “target” to Spellskite, one at a time.

>One other target
>OTHER TARGET
>OTHER

youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs

I like it as an Arcane Lighthouse on legs.
Puts your dudes at a decent position and you can still clone it to cancel it out.
6.5/10 CMC is too high

Hrm. No none caught that, but the only difference would have been drawing 2 less cards because I would've moved the target on Rayne's vanishing.

I want to go FAST

Who is the best commander for going at hypersonic speed to either fuck up the entire table in a single turn or crash and burn horribly

Tasigur, Ghave, or Prossh for a Seasons Past styled recursion deck? I feel like Tasigur/Sultai in general is the obvious choice but I'm specifically building this as more of a midrange casual deck so I'm leaning towards Ghave.

Scion of the Ur-Dragon Hermit Combo. You win by turn 2 or not at all.

Tasigur reads "any infinite mana combo instantly wins the game". Ghave and Prossh will make you public enemy number one the second you reveal, though.

Much less synergy, as the archetype is a creature in green. So that's pretty nice. Contributes to most good green draw(stuff based on number of creatures), and easily tutorable.

Asceticism is stronger overall, but they each have their place. Also, hey, now you can target their Narset.

Heartless Hidetsugu
godspeed

You have to build Tas a particular way to make it a resilient deck but there's less potential for getting hated off a table than there is with Ghave or Prossh.

In my opinion it's easier to build a casual Tasigur deck than it is for the other two, despite the fact that he does kill with infinite mana. He's more political (give me my counterspell back and I'll stop his boardwipe) and you can play anything from instant tribal to battlecruiser goodstuff control.

Ghave and Prossh have the problem that it's difficult to build a mid-power deck that's fun to play more than once or twice. It's easy to make a weak do-nothing deck with either of them, but it's also pretty easy to put a few good cards in and have either of them accidentally go nuclear.

If you're talking competitive, I believe 5C Druid or Zur/Jeleva Storm/Doomsday are the fastest decks in the format.

Otherwise, consider Mayael/Gahiji hasted fatties, or Urabask chaos/mutually assured destruction.

I just got a signed vhati il dal the other day!

Oh gosh that looks silly

I'm not really looking to lose my group, they're low-power and I don't want to devastate them, but I can appreciate those decks. Mayael might be alright

Mayael is great, big dumb fatties that you cheat into play or ramp into its literally Magic: the Craw-wurmening

I play her in my casual/budget meta

i want to be that guy and play winter orb
which card can i use to tap it on my upkeep so i don't have to suffer its efects?

Clock of Omens
Icy Manipulator
Relic Barrier

You could always just do fair Scion of the Ur-Dragon. He's a bit more Durdly, but can oneshot each one of your opponents, with Moltensteel combined with Skittles/Dragon Tyrant. (Or a shitton of lifegain.)

Without a way of putting those back in your library you'll only one-shot one person.

Lodestone Myr
Clock of Omens
Ghirapur Æther Grid

i activate them durin my upkeep, or the opponents end step?

If you want suicidal charges and maximum coin flippage through ability manipulating, Zada can't be beat.

If you mean "fast" as in efficient, any of the tier 1 commanders would really do it. Prossh can win with a god-hand in one turn supposedly if no one packs disruption.

Generally I end up killing at least two people off Scion. If you have enough red mana, Tyrant's firebreathing can kill by itself; Moltensteel can kill by itself if you're at full life, and Skittles is abusable with pump effects and double strike, both of which are obtainable in the deck. The real trick of the deck I like to use is filling my grave up with Dragons off Scion activations, then turning Scion into Savage Ventmaw and using the ramp to get off a Rise from the Dark Realms.

Thanks for the suggestions, didn't know about the champion thing.

But what if I want it to be a cancerous power level?

Upkeep, I believe you can activate the kill switch before untap step

Wrong.

Thanks for letting me know!

>Prossh can win with a god-hand in one turn supposedly if no one packs disruption.
Dang user, how?
A turn 1 tainted strike kill seems like it would cost at least 8 mana. 6 for prosh, 1 to entomb anger/concordant crossroads, 1 for tainted strike.

And if it's a foodchain thing, that seems like it's even more mana.

sol ring, manacrypt, dark ritual, land...and somehow you need to filter some of your mana for RGB...teach me your wizardry.

Scroll Rack
Mind's Eye
Staff of Nin
Tower of Fortunes
Sensei's Divining Top

What are other good colorless draw engines in EDH?

Draw sources(if not engines) include:

old Kozilek, sandstone oracle are great.

carnage alter is kind of shitty, but it exists and can be good.

In the right deck you can take good advantage of skullclamp.

sword of fire and ice

You'll need to cut down on flavor and increase efficiency. Believe it or not running thirty creatures might be too many. There are a LOT of powerful sorceries, enchantments, and instants you could use.

Cards like Rhystic study or Mystic Remora are better card draw engines then any draw X spell, and Remora is a bulk rare. Run as much artifact ramp as you can, in order to ensure you can cast powerful multicolor spells like Maelstrom Nexus. Consider continuous bouncers like Deadeye Navigator to really ruin a boardstate. Clone legion is a great curve topper.

Defense of the heart is basically reads get two creatures destroy two permanents if your King is out. Tooth and Nail is similar. There are literally dozens of spells with interesting synergy with Reaper King that aren't just scarecrow creatures, and a few good gatherer searches should set you up.

Basically, when you have access to ALL the colors, packing goodstuff (Examples: commandertheory.com/) is strictly better than using something like a fang skulkin. The issue is, by doing this you run up your costs exponentially, and decks get samey. But to be degenerate you basically have to think, build, and play like a spike. I would recommend doing this, as EDH is supposed to be fun.

Not recommend doing this*

Everyone at my LGS has a "fuck you" commander deck anyways. I want it to be good, but not top tier or anything like that. Thanks for the tips, will put some of them to use.

Solemn is too good don't cut it

Profane command is fine but jarads orders is more important to your deck

I think she's best played with a couple of haste enablers (if you want to go suicidally fast, Mass Hysteria is your card), some dorks, and the 25+ most impactful creatures you can find.

Slam Avatar of Slaughter and Blazing Archon, then scream loudly during every subsequent combat step. Lock the game down with Iona or Realm Razer. Clear paths with Bogardan Hellkite, Angel of Serenity, and Dragonlord Atarka. Cause hurt feelings with Blightsteel and Archetype of Endurance. The fun is limitless.

Also life death is really good, exhume is more powerful potentially but I'm not a big fan in multiplayer

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/isperia-commander-of-the-skies/

I don't know how else to improve this maybe other than D-Lord Ojutai and Talrand

What's the best fireball for commander?

Comet Storm.

Comet storm is the most mana:damage efficient of the ones that can hit multi targets

Banefire is useful for powering through mother of runes and counterspells

Yeah, it doesn't get mast Mother of Runes.

Oh shit you're right my bad

You just target Mother of Runes among other things and they have to chose whether to save it or the other things.

i was only thinking cut him because i have more draw and mana accel, he turns into a dead drop past turn 6 but okie doki

He was referring to my mistakenly saying banefire can get through pro-red from mother of runes, I only mentioned mother of runes as the first damage prevention effect off the top of my head but he's right that protection from red still counters banefire

So how exactly are you hitting multiple targets with Banefire?

Anybody?

Ah, my mistake, thought you were talking about Comet still.

I don't really like your enchantment subtheme, Starfield of nyx can go, stasis snare should be path to exile, citadel siege is mediocre, vessel of paramnesia is atrociously bad, unless I'm missing some kind of reanimator theme you have

Speaking of which, you're missing two of the best flyers in wu, that happen to combo: karmic guide and reveillark, although looking at your creatures, you don't have enough small flyers to make reveillark all that great, and you really should, I would cut some of your 6-7 drop flyers for low cmc flyers to benefit from all your +1/+1 effects

Another aspect of all your 7 drop flyers and such is that you don't have much ramp, if you want to run a low ramp list you should be focused more on low cmc flyers

You should have sphinx's revelation for flavor alone, but it's also one of the best wu cards and it should be there I think

Would it help if I said my meta isn't exactly super competitive? But thanks for the advice I'll what I can do

I didn't mean to be harsh, I'm sure you're deck is fine in many metas, I was just giving you some ideas on what to change if you want it to be better

Also forgot to mention that yes, Dragonlord ojutai should definitely be in the deck, goes great with your always watching

Avacyn
Iona
Normal linvala
FoW
Mana drain
Counterspell
Dual lands
Fetches
Manlands
Mana crypt
Crucible
Wasteland
Stripmine
All of the swords of x and y
Ghostly prison
Winter orb
Enlightened tutor
Sphinxs revelation
Boardwipes
Probably more but im out

Get wonder

You weren't being harsh. I just gotta dig through my shit and see what I can easily replace

Wonder doesn't work the way you think it does.

Yeah I was going for more of a death or glory approach, they look pretty good too

Thanks fellas

Wonder doesn't really make sense to me in a flyers deck, though it's a great card

My guess is he thought it worked on cards in your library, so it could "turn on" the cards in your library to be tutorable with Isperia.

I can't tell if this is shitposting or not