Warhammer 40k General

DAE DA BEST CHAPTER EVRAR /s edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/FpVfNKp
youtube.com/watch?v=AJKx1XDBqNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>New lord of change rumors being bandied about again

Is there some concrete evidence that GW is going to push a new lord of change this year/next or are we going to spend another 2 decades with the shitbird

>My Deathwing are mainly Yellow and my Greenwing will be mainly White.

"Look Lionel! I am going to piss off the Imperial Fists and the White Scars at the same time!"

we're probably not gonna get the other plastic greater daemons soon, GW likes to put out a few models at a time to make it easier to market. we got a new bloodthrister due to daemonkind and they're not vanilla marines who get stuff all the time

maybe if we got 7th daemons i could see it happening

I mean at this point with 8th edition definitely under construction, it seems like a forgone conclusion that Daemonic Incursion is as "7th edition" as daemons are going to receive an update.

I wouldn't mind the new lord of change heralding tzeentch daemonkin though

Well, if they release Tzeentch daemonkin, we might at least get the LoC, no ?

the chance of a new LoC coming out is around the same chance of them squatting all of the non-khorne demons.

>8e Tau codex
>anchoring rule gets an update that says tank shocking it will cause the shocking unit to get destroyed

GWs release policy is like mystery shopping. Noone knows what they release, or when.The only thing we know is that it is completly unrelated to what their customers demand. (Hint for GW,when you finally remade the bloodthirster it did appear in the list of best selling models. There might be a hint of demand for the others in it.)

don't say that too loudly, khorne has been the favorite of GW for a long while with nurgle falling behind just a little

I always believed GW works off rule of cool if the sculptors or rule makers have something cool they wanna put in the game

sculpts/models come before rules, so it's no real stretch to consider that they probably have some sway over business direction.

Veeky Forums tell me what you listen to when you model or paint. Any good podcast or batrep out there that are worth it? I'm looking for something to keep me inspired and motivated.

How much sense would it make for a Craftworld to have an urban and tundra biome?

Mormon-inspired / occult Space Marine chapter

> Chapter nutshell:
Pagan Black Templars, essentially.

> allegiance
loyal... kind of

> homeworld
Comorah

> Characters:
Amalickiah - chapter master
Alma - first captain
Enos - high priest

> beliefs
These guys believe the Emperor's Will is a separate entity from Big E himself. From a fluff standpoint, this abstract concept would never be fully explained; the closest one could get to a concrete answer is that this entity is his corrupted (enlightened) psychic signature in the warp, but even then that wouldn't be fully accurate. This is a heavily guarded, cult-vibe secret. Recruits believe to simply be serving the Emperor himself. Only through rising in rank does the subtle difference between The Emperor and "His Will" become a little less foggy.

> objectives
Generativity: continuous recruiting for the "last crusade." Chapter numbers are kept secret.

Last Crusade: Perhaps the pinnacle secret - alluded to being a leader-orchestrated suicide mission for the entire chapter. A sacrifice of sorts. We'll have to see.

> armor colors
White & blue (see freemason aprons)

Here's the trick: I can't figure out a name for this chapter. Halp.

Better question: What do YOU enjoy listening to? Also most batreps are at least bearable for learning unit function, but if the Audio/commentary is crap then why bother

It'd be funny if someone did that with a formation of Grot Tanks.

Deldar suicide rammers.

The Latter Day Crusaders.

The Faithful Navigators. From Knights of Columbus (so opposite of Free Masons) but they wear White and blue, and the name fits the cultish vibe you got going. Love the idea, by the way, post pics when you got em

I usually listen to stuff unrelated to painting and 40k in general. Usually entertaining stuff that I like. I hate staying 'focused' on painting while painting, unless I'm trying out new stuff. I like to be completely zoned out while I'm painting so it doesn't feel like I'm doing work.

actually i believe it's possible to have multiple environments on a ship

>What do YOU enjoy listening to?
All kind of metal. I find it distracting after a while. That's why I'm looking for podcasts or other streams that would make good background noise.

May I present to you pic related?

I originally was going to go with an urban environment with an Eldar version of New York, but tried rolling on on the Craftworld tables and got a tundra. I guess the tundra could be the training grounds for the aspect warriors.

I need a name for my Marines.

They're White Scars successors that like working with the Imperial Guard and serve as a sort of "hit fast and hard to soften them up for the Guardsmen" force. Their colors are Green and White but I can't think of a good name.

Or some variation of The Golden Dawn, they were a very suspect group from the 18th century dedicated to understanding and researching magic, and learning its relationship to God. Play on that theme for a neat cultish group studying and hunting Psykers

Please call them Rat Patrol. Elite fast-attack commandos fighting along side regular WW2-ish troops to help secure victory. It's too good to pass up.

Or try a balance of
's idea, and call them the (something) commensals, as it means non-symbiotic aid of an organism (Chapter and the Guard) and rats are commensals to humans. It's the perfect blend of Roman, pun, and good name.

remember we've got a discord now guys
discord.gg/FpVfNKp

Freakonomics podcast is pretty interesting, and there's something like 250+ episodes so it'll give you some time to get through it.

Independent Characters podcast if you're into nerdy dads talking about the game and the hobby.

Revisionist History podcast by Malcolm Gladwell is pop-history/sociology/economics/etc. that's been pretty interesting in the first few episodes. It's American history mostly though so sorry UK/Ausfriends.

The Watchful Shards

White and green you say?

thanks for the reply, I'll go check them out.

>It's American history mostly though so sorry UK/Ausfriends.
That's alright, 50% of Canadian news are american stories, totally unrelated to us, so we're used to it.

Hmmm.

I could reference their colors (picture).

The Verdant Commensals?

\[T]/

Sounds cool to me!

I like this. Thank you, user.

Ok GW! Enough is enough! It's time you confronted the biggest and greatest problem with your entire company's business model!

...Why is it so damn hard to find your newest plastic techpriest model? You'd think you could at least get it to show up in the freaking search bar!

:P

Try "tech priest" rather than "techpriest"

Does their search stink? Yes

So I recently got a good commission from work and I was thinking about starting a second army.

Right now I have ~3000 pts ungeared of Dark Eldar and Harlequins.

I was looking to buy a Space Marine Battle Company since their fluff has grown on me. Specifically the Iron Hands chapter.

Discussing it with some of the Space Marine players around the shop they tried to talk me out of it.

I wanted to do 6 squads of 5 Tacticals in Razorbacks, a Chaplain and captain with a minorly buffed assault squad and two minimal Devastator units. After that either the Armoured task force or Storm Wing formation for the auxillary but I cant really choose,

It's a good formation. As auxiliary Stormwing is nuts and kinda impressive looking. I'd say go for it.

Thoughts on my foot sisters list?
+++ New Roster (1000pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (880pts) ++

No Force Org Slot (50pts) +
Ministorum Priest (50pts) [Combi-Flamer, Laspistol, The Litanies of Faith]

HQ (235pts) +
Saint Celestine (135pts)
Uriah Jacobus, Protector of the Faith (100pts)

Troops (260pts) +
Battle Sister Squad (130pts) [7x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer] Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]
Battle Sister Squad (130pts) [7x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer] Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Fast Attack (335pts) +
Dominion Squad (115pts) [Dominion, 2x Dominion with Meltagun, Dominion with Simulacrum Imperialis] Dominion Superior [Combi-Melta, Combi-Plasma]
Dominion Squad (115pts) [Dominion, 2x Dominion with Meltagun, Dominion with Simulacrum Imperialis] Dominion Superior [Combi-Melta, Combi-Plasma]
Seraphim Squad (105pts) [2x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers] Seraphim Superior [Bolt Pistol, Bolt Pistol]

++ Fortifications and Stronghold Assault (2013) (Fortification Detachment) (120pts) ++
Fortification (120pts) +
Aegis Defense Line (120pts) [Gun Emplacement with Quad-gun, Tanglewire, Tank Traps]

So I tried using the creation tables to aid me in fleshing out muh Craftworld and some of these results confuse me.
>Craftworld Ids'Hadedin
>Found in M31
>biome is urban and a tundra
>common path is Seer
>below strength
> most favored units are Wraiths
>ranged combat is based
>loves Banshees and Fire Dragons
>greatest hero is a Warp Spider Autarch
>Warp Spider Exarch slew hundreds of marheens to repel Imperial invaders >disposable allies: Necrons?
>most hated enemy is Nids
I guess the below strength thing fits with some fluff I made involving the Craftworld getting defiled by a Sorcerer, but the Cron thing confuses me. What I'm going for here is eugenic Eldar germaphobes with Imperium levels of paranoia and superstition, but how can I make the Cron "allies" work with this?

as i recall even the eldar have forgotten about the war with the necrons. in a dire situtation metal dudes are preferable to daemons i guess?

They probably have a genetic hatred for Crons. I guess Necrons are pretty clean save for the Flayed Ones, and they can make an entire planet clean of life like the Nids can.

Just yesterday I was having a game at the GW with my Raptors versus Ultramarines. At some point during the game my librarian got perils of the warp, and rolled a 6 to get "WARP SURGE".

At that very moment I announced that my librarian is now warp surging, the GW's power cut out. We all ran under the assumption that the librarian's warp surge shorted out the building's power.

Power surge continues with the form of quads!

You better embrace the power, user. Now or never.

Ward retconned Alaitoc to be the "NECRONS ARE COMING, GUYS, SRSLY THIS IS BAD" force, I believe.

My take on it would be something like this:
They're not actually allies, hence the "disposable" bit. They prefer to send the Imperium to their deaths against the Necrons, or vice versa, to soften up either one as their next foe. They do this through the extensive use of Eldrad-tier dickery/moving pebbles around on random worlds so 150 years later a guy will stub his toe on it and decide to go to a planet that is actually a tomb world. The reason they have so many Wraiths is that this sometimes backfires, and getting trapped in between space nuns and space skellingtons is not exactly the best place to be. As a bonus, the Necrons tend to cleanse disgusting mon-keigh germ carriers from their planets, and the stupid mon-keigh are easy to manipulate. Since they're dicks like that, the Craftworld assume everyone else is at least trying to be Tzeetch-tier as well, hence the paranoia.

youtube.com/watch?v=AJKx1XDBqNo
> MFW

Quads confirm. Your libby needs to learn how to not destroy light bulbs.
>Since they're dicks like that, the Craftworld assume everyone else is at least trying to be Tzeetch-tier as well, hence the paranoia.
>mfw my Craftworld thinks some hillbilly IG commander using human wave tactics is actually trying to trick them
Originally the paranoia was coming from a second apocalypse for Eldar like the Fall, but that works even better.

I forgot to mention the 'nids part in that little spiel up there, but you already noted
>I guess Necrons are pretty clean save for the Flayed Ones, and they can make an entire planet clean of life like the Nids can.

So I mean it makes sense that they'd also send 'crons to murder Tyranids whenever possible. The only issue I can think of is that the bugs actually avoid tomb worlds whenever possible, but with enough pebble-moving or whatever anything is possible.

It's canon that most craftworlds have more than one enemy anyway. For example, Iyanden fought chaosfags, Orks, and Tyranids in rapid succession between M38 and M41, whereas Alaitoc fought Necrons and the Imperium for a long time (forget dates).

>So I mean it makes sense that they'd also send 'crons to murder Tyranids whenever possible. The only issue I can think of is that the bugs actually avoid tomb worlds whenever possible, but with enough pebble-moving or whatever anything is possible.
I think Nids avoid Crons unless the Crons start the fight. SO I guess my Craftworld could set events in motion where the Necrons do all of the dirty work in pest control?

So Veeky Forums,

As a side project for my Spess Muhrines I'm making a Nid army. I'm planning on running it in more relaxed games and Highlander tournies our group has every once in a while. On my Highlander list I'm planning on having a lot of different monstrous creatures but I really can't decide which ones to go for. So far I have Tervigon, Exocrine and Carnifex. Which one I should get next? I guess flyrant so my list will have at least some teeth.

Exactly.
Successful pest control and mon-keigh manipulation maneuvers should be colloquially referred to as "Happenings" tbqh, based on your craftworld and farseer's names

What's a "Highlander" tournament? Is it like some sort of one loss elimination where you need to kill the enemy warlord?

>3 Enemies
>Over 3000 years
>"Rapid succession"

The timescale of Warhammer is so strange sometimes.

Highlander as in "there can only be one". You're limited to have only one unit of any specific unit. Some formats allow three of the same troop choices though.

Highlander is a format where you can't take the same unit twice. "There can only be one."

On a scale of 1 to 10 how lazy is it that I'm paying a guy at my LGS to strip my models and reprime them for me.

9/10 only because picking up the bottle of stripping chemical and then having to empty it is HAAAAAAAAAARD WOOOORK

I probably fucked the time scale up, I was just guessing that it was in that frame. IIRC at least two of those happened very quickly after each other. But yeah, the time scale is kind of silly and not always consistent because there are so many authors. There's also things like the Immaterium making time pretty pointless, so a Daemon who comes back 1000 years later to kill your great great great (etc) grandson because you banished him probably feels it was like 5 minutes (or maybe 5 bajillion trillion years, I don't know).

8/10
Could be paying him to paint them too I guess

Space is also fucking enormous. At a brisk roughly 3 billion times the speed of light, or 945425495548800000 meters per second, you can go from one end of the milky way to the other in a whopping 1000 days.

40k only takes place in 'the entirety' of the milky way galaxy. So scale is enormous.

50/50, some lack space/time/effort and some do it better. i expect 'your dudes" user to come by and shit on you though

I like your thinking. Disasters for the Craftworld and all Eldar kind should probably be called "Greater Happenings". The Greatest Happening being the Fall, and the Great Happening being how a Chaos Sorcerer I call Pentos the (Glowing) Butcher.

>defiled the Craftworld and lived to tell about it.
I forgot to add.

Anyone know where to find rules for the Doomglaive dreadnought?

IA 2.

that's a bit out of date

Tough shit, those are the rules.

>Going back to 40k
>Bringing back my Old Black Templars.
>No codex...
>Fine use new toys
>No Librarian still... Ok fine.
>Special character still kind of suck
>Chaplain, no Rosarium for a 4++
>No longer can I have the Emperor's Champion 2 other HQ.
>Still can make my traditional 6 20 man strong squads.
>Really no 4++ for Chaplains?

>Fuck it lets use my old Sister of Battle.
>No codex only digital... Ok what ever.
>Nothing new, stuff missing from the previous one.

What the flying fuck GW, why do you hate your overzealous, religious fanatics, heretic and witch hating and Purging Boys and Girls?

Have you considered just using Codex: Space Marines to play SoB? I mean they're meant to be essentially female space marines with a fire fetish. And plus you get access to fun stuff like the Gladius, and a whole host of characters from which to steal statlines from to make your own.

well, the game does favor psykers...

weeb animu music
I play IG

I like it, user. Not over the top memery, but still fun. Good luck with your space elves.

30 bloody Repentias and 6 Penitent.

I was hoping for something new.

Did they really remove the classical ++4 save from Chaplains? Or I'm missing something in the over a billion different rulebooks for the same bloody army.

How does a lover of ork fluff go about making an army without giving into the despair of having a absolutely trash codex?

As much as I love orks winning on occasions isn't bad either.

rosarius still give 4++ but i couldn't tell you anything about templars besides that vanilla gives them a boost

I don't understand this comic.

>claims to love the fluff
>whines about how bad the army is

I have a fluffy 100% assault space marine army and it's complete garbage but I don't give a shit because unlike you fakers, I actually love the models and fluff more than I like winning.

Then I'm missing where the fuck it is. Damn it.

Thank you, user. Maybe once I get done with the other writefaggotry I've been meaning to get done, I can do some about muh Craftworld.

Guess Inquisition, Black Templars and Sisters of Battle are returning.

3 HQ and 6 troops.. Well that is going to be interesting.

Also why does 40k have action figure robots everywhere now? Apocalypse was not good enough?

How do I beat Dark Angels with Grey Knights? Guy runs ~10 plasma black knights, a Landraider, couple 5 man deathwing squads, Belial, some big landspeeder thing with plasma cannons, Ezekial at 1850. What do I do? The Blackknights are brutally maneuverable and hard hitting. His terminators rape mine. I can't take down the landraider, and the plasma cannon speeder rapes me. His re-rolling 3+ jinks are insane. Regardless, we tied our last game though because he didn't grab some objectives he could have and decided to charge his BlackKnights into my terminators, but next game he will rape me for sure and play correctly.

What do?

>Also why does 40k have action figure robots everywhere now?
they are trying to market to children. see : tau.
>Apocalypse was not good enough?
apparently not

Because faggots keep buying them. Isn't that fucking obvious? Use your damn brain for once. It's the same reason there's so many marines.

>What do?

Be glad you aren't facing pure Ravenwing with Black Knight spam and multiple Dark Shrouds. 2+ Jinksave and you cant overwatch when they assault you.

Use the new powers to make a more durable deathstar. I don't know them names of the powers but it certainly helped the GK I have faced.

You could also get that FW Knight that has a fuckhuge flamethrower.

>tfw I kill a Dreadknight in overwatch

Chaplains still have their 4+ invuln, what are you reading that says they don't?

In the followup she dies and they hulk out and kill everything if I'm remembering right.

Well the Miniwargaming crew, naturally. Their narrative campaigns are especially fun because they purposefully eschew balanced lists for glorious fluff!
Strikingscorpian is okay but he uses too many transitions and not enough real-time rolling for my taste. Plus his voice is ASMR so bad I run the risk of faceplanting on my freshly painted miniatures every time he opens his mouth.
Then there's anjetto1. Also okay. Plays sisters so that's unique.
And whatever else I find on youtube.

Found it, had a mental fart when reading it. Went to battlesribe to check and they didn't had it. So I panic. It is GW stupid shit is bound to happen.

Do you play Ravenwing?

I have the Dark Vengeance set with everything painted but playing the regular Space Marines I could borrow from my friend was a bit boring.

Ravenwing seems way more fun. Could you share what you would bring for 1000pts?

His black knights got slaughtered when he assaulted me. I breathed a sigh of relief when he decided to. It's the only thing that kept me in the game.

The real problem was him outshooting me hardcore. Like, everything he had either had a 2 up or a 3+ reroll jink. I may have to bring a flyer next time.

Tell me about your army's model with the most kills or the greatest story.

Just how bad is the land raider and it's different variants? I'm extremely tempted to buy one, as I love the model and am a rather big tread head, but I've haven't heard good things about them. At the same time, my meta isn't too competitive, so I don't know if it would be as horrible as it's made out to be in my meta.
Also, which variant is the best one?

IA 2 has a 2nd edition that is considered current.

>1000pts?

Depends who I am facing. Pure Ravenwing is a fickle thing and being such an "elite" army with its low model count makes it even more vulnerable at lower points.

The go to tactic for any point value for me though is either my Techmarine or Interrogator Chaplain on bike. Tech gets a ServoPack and the Chap takes the DA's Mace of Redemption.
Putting those HQs with a command squad of Black Knights with an Apothecary and Banner Bearer makes a good mobile unit that shoots well and can hold its own against non-assault oriented units.

~400pts with HQs and 6 black knights

The Ravenwing Support Squadron with a Darkshroud and three double heavy bolter landspeeders. This formation has strafing run and can overwatch with other units within 24".
Around 245pts

Two units of thee regular bikers gives you two grav guns and a combi grav for 115 each.

Then a Multi Melta Attack Bike with a Double Multimelta Landspeeder ends up around 175 but provides a serious anti armour threat. If they do not bring armor you gve the bike Heavy Bolter and the landspeeder a Typhoon Missile System to provide more range and anti-horde support.

Can someone please break down detachments, formations, combined arms, etc? I haven't played in 15 years.

Am I right in thinking you can't do stuff like make a formation with specific units that also happen to be a detachment to get two sets of cool rules? Is combined arms just a fancy way of saying "using the super old force org chart to make my army how I please"?

My brotherhood champion does work even though hes a bad codex choice. He killed an autarch, a bunch of warp spiders, and striking scorpions in my game vs eldar. In my game against dark angels he killed the black knight sergeant in a challenge. He always ends up doing work.

He was an idiot for assaulting you with them.

If anything when I have to get my black knights tied up in assault I try to have them run at me in hopes I can overwatch with the Plasma and 21 Heavy bolter shots of the nearby support squadron. Then I hope I win the combat and can hit and run away.

Really only my command squad assaults anything other than basic troops.

Fliers are a problem for ravenwing as they lack decent anti air.

Darkshrouds would have given him 2+ jinks on the black knight and at least prevented overwatch in any assaults he made.