Total War: Warhammer - Call of the Beastmen

youtube.com/watch?v=Ds1ZsQAISeM

Khazrak One-Eye and Malagor already confirmed.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog
mmohuts.com/video/total-war-warhammer-call-beastmen-trailer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought they were releasing new armies in three army expansions? Is the an exception, or are they just doing something different now?

We've got the Total Warhammer Trilogy, which expands the campaign map, but we're also getting free content updates and DLC within those to fill out the details.

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog

>We’re planning full game follow-ups, DLC content packs and Free-LC to follow the main release. These will include new playable Lords, units, races and more. We’ll talk about these in time, but for now, our focus is on crafting a deep, rich and content-heavy main game.

>Future instalments of the trilogy will expand the world-map, bringing unique new terrain and introducing new playable Lords and their races. We’re planning these to be massive standalone follow-ups to the main game (like ATTILA to ROME II). You’ll be able to get just these and play them on their own if you like or, if you have the main game too, you’ll eventually be able to play across an expanded campaign map that includes all available areas of the Old World.

No, a Russian leak of the game files shown that the two additional games are map expansions with their own unique areas. It seems that the second game will have Lizardmen, High Elves and Dark Elves with naval battles. The third game will have Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh along the Daemons of Chaos.

The other races will be single player expansions in dlc with free dlc alongside each one (except Bretonnia, they will be a free faction).

For the first game, it will be Beastmen, Wood Elves and Bretonnia and maybe Skaven.

That looked strangely unpolished.

They insist on making all of their trailers within the engine of their RTS game, that's why.

That better not be the final map

It's cutting out all the southlands, most of lustria and half the tomb king cities

What about the tomb kings and ogre kingdoms?

Yeah, but even then the Karl Franz, the Orcs and the Chaos ones were a lot more polished than this. It's like they also set details to medium or laid off some post-production.
They always put the "work in progress" disclaimer, but this one actually looks like a WIP. Like not everything has been rendered properly yet.
But seeing as this is an unlisted vid apparently it may be true.

That's the final map of the current vanilla game.

The southlands and most of lustria is empty and useless, as far as I can see all of the Tomb Kings is there though.

DLC somewhere down the line. All armies that had 8th edition rulebooks will be in the game.

Can't say I agree, thought it looked pretty damn cool.

I just find it a shame that the game doesn't play anything like how the trailer shows. I'd like abit more variety in the battle types. Straight up pitched battles got abit boring after awhile.

They will be dlc but which game they will end up in is unknown but I predict it will be the second game. Don't worry though, everyone will make it in (even Chaos Dwarfs).

Chaos dorfs are likely gonna be in the same thing as the ogres. They both live in roughly the same area I think
Oh, and BRETTONIA WHEN?

>All armies that had 8th edition rulebooks will be in the game.
Beastmen never had an 8th ed book.

Honestly it looks a bit like Rasetra and Ka Sabar are cut off and those two cities were important just because they are in constant war with the southlands lizardmen

So putting them in without southlands sucks and so does giving tomb kings the ultimate corner camp that surpasses the shit Orcs have right now

Bretonnia will be free and in the first game. Have to wait for it though but the expanded roster and campaign playability will be kickass.

This game in my opinion is truly Warhammer Fantasy 9th edition.

Brettonia is already like 95% done - some mods have already made it playable just by changing a couple variables in the game's code. It will be released as free content sometime after the beastmen expansion, most likely.

>Warriors of Chaos were a preorder DLC
I will neither forget nor forgive.
I'm keeping my money.

>Alongside the Call of the Beastmen Campaign Pack, another free content update will introduce a brand new Lore of Magic and an accompanying Hero unit for The Empire. Perhaps the most rarely seen of all Wizards, the solitary Amber Wizards are no less powerful than their more prevalent counterparts. Wielding the deadly Lore of Beasts they are able to perform unique feats of magical power, from enchanting their allies with impenetrable pelts to summoning a manticore from the bowels of the earth.

mmohuts.com/video/total-war-warhammer-call-beastmen-trailer/

You can still buy them. And they extended it so anyone who bought the game within the first week got 'em for free.
They're honestly one of the less fun factions though

>An Eye for an Eye.

Oh fug.

Boris Todbringer confirmed.

>You can still buy them. And they extended it so anyone who bought the game within the first week got 'em for free.
Yeah, they did that because of the shit storm locking them as preorder DLC as they initially announced had caused.
I'd rather buy games when they're complete. Fuck the cut-out preorder culture.

They were literally never locked as pre-order only dlc, get your head out of your ass and learn the difference between pre-order bonus and pre-order dlc

Plus they literally had to hire an extra full dev team to get chaos in for the pre-order because so many people were demanding it in before the dlc announcement trailer

I like where this game is going

7 armies in, 9 to go

The colored in part is the current map but it's possible the rest will get filled in with the DLCs to make room for the rest of the armies they plan on adding.

That was fucking awesome.

That Imperial soldier was so badass. A shame what happened to him...

>tfw all these warhammer games I want to play but I only have a laptop form 2012
Its done an admirable job considering it was just meant for word and excel and shit but its just not cutting it anymore.

Never imagined beastmen speaking for some reason. I thought they just communicated in snarls and bellows.

I have dying pc from 2008, you are better than me.

My monitor is from 2007. Get on my level.

We need not fight brothers. We already suffer enough watching games that we know ye wont be able to play for possibly years.

The beastman language and general tone of this video really reminded me of the Scotland parts of Ryze: Son of Rome.

WHERE IS BRETONNIA

YOU PROMISED ME CA

What sort of animal skull is that supposed to be?

Alot of Beastmen fans tell me that they are true Chaos. Other's say there a bunch of emo fucks living in the forest, and all they do is vandalise shit.

Which is true?

Really fucking big bear. Not sure about the horns though.

Beastmen are the /r9k/ of chaos. Remember when Pepe went PEEPEE POOPOO due to Pepe becoming mainstream and the robots getting butthurt?

That's beastmen.

I assumed they were strapped on but it never hurts to make sure.

Let's be honest here, the beastmen becoming a little more mainstream means only one thing.

Hope you like horse-dick.

I'd trust the Alot. It's basically a beastman already so you'd think it would know.

Look closer, those are his horns. He's a Beastman Chieftain after all. Isn't their social structure based on who has the biggest horns?

Thats just a dude wearing a skull on his head.

Still waiting

>tfw unironically watch youtube let's plays because I'll never experience the games I want to play

>tfw youtubers constantly make glaring mistakes and there is nothing you can do about it
>cant even feel smug playing the game better yourself

Part of the issue with LPing is that you have to dedicate part of your focus to entertaining.
Though some youtubers do just AGRESSIVELY suck at games and also entertaining. Most of the popular ones fall under this category

They could at least get some basic mechanics down, try out all the moves. Maybe try pushing all the buttons.

>faggot doesn't use the equipment you want to see

>gets new spell
>never, ever uses it

No they are, I just don't know what animal they are from.

bull?

Auroch probably.

It is going to be a while. So far they have followed this order. The next free update will have a VC legendary lord.

They gonna give us three legendary lords for each faction? I'd like to see skarsnik playable

I think the 3 LL is for the DLC factions, since CA has said they aren't all the comfortable making DLC for their DLC. Their blog about DLC says they will be releasing lord packs, which gives you two new LL, a new unit for the faction, and a unit of renown(IE specific knightly orders).

Hm. shame. Chaos already has thre Legendary lords to play with and It's kinda a dull faction

>gets badass new gun
>never uses it because saving ammo in case of an emergency that never happens

I watched some asshat play the new Doom and he cleared a horde of zombies meant as a test-fire once you get the BFG with the goddamn pistol.

One of their employees, Darren, streams some. He is a source of a lot of leaks, but he is currently working on the historical title. He still does some work on TWW(he was the one that leaked it will be beastmen because he didn't rename a photo before he posted it to facebook). He said that CA is really confused about DLC right now. During Atilla, they got a lot of flak over releasing DLC so soon after release, but they are getting a lot of flak over waiting. So who knows what they will actually do in the future.

Wow. What a dunce

I like it, not to sound like a whinny bitch, but it would still be cool to have Skaven.

It will happen eventually you whinny little bitch.

Holy nutbutters, that scene is perfect for testing out the BFG. It even has free ammo for it in that damn room.

When are they making an Age of Sigmar game?

Chaos's problem is that it's so damn hard to start up a second horde.

Chaos gets Dragon ogres. Therefore there awesome.

Poison doggos>Ogres

That's the main issue. It's hard as fuck to start up a second horde and if your main one gets offed, you're FUCKED. And it takes FOREVER to fucking get a new horde off the ground. AND it's a pain to trade units cause your armies suffer unremovable attrition when near each other (Which also means no reinforcements)

Shortly before Age of Sigmar stops production

Oh, I thought you meant the OP pic.

Whoops.

It is possible to get reinforcements, but you really need to think a few turns ahead to minimize the time hordes spend next to each other. The general ability that reduces attrition helps.

Horde growth is a bitch, though the real problem is recovery. You're pretty much forced to merge units and buy new ones after every battle if you want a full stack, since the only way to get any decent recovery as Chaos is to camp awakened territory in the north.

If you actually look hard enough, you'll find two videos of the Vampire Counts trailer floating around on youtube, the official one, and a early linked one, and the quality difference is quite notable, so there's a good chance tomorrow when the actual trailer is, you'll see some improvements.

Though personally I really liked the trailer, only bad part was the close up of the Empire generals face showing how his beard was one solid mass and how off that looked.

Even with mods that slow down the game pace, I can't get a battle to last more than about 10 minutes.

What are mods?

Both

They are a mutant race born due to chaos fucking shit up, they live in forest, fight to destroy civilizations, spread anarchy and shit up things.

They do. Some chieftains and shamans can speak the Dark tongue though.

someday fellow mummybro

Someday

Beastmen eh? I might have to play this game now.

Even with a mod doubling recovery and letting you encamp after a full move (But not a forced march) it's STILL sometimes better to just merge units and buy new ones.

Beastmen speak Beast-Tongue and the Dark Tongue though generally only the more elite can speak Dark Tongue clearly.

>This game in my opinion is truly Warhammer Fantasy 9th edition.

That it is, friend. That it is.

It's the fate it deserved.

*tear drop*

You'd need to have some sort of army painter function to truly allow you to play as your dudes.

How are Brets in TW:Warhammer? Do they flatten anything they charge at?

Not really? I mean they're good at some things but I think even grail knights are only the second best cavalry (Even with some buffs from Cetaph's closer tot tabletop they seem to lose against and generally be cheaper than the new Blood Dragon cav, though I absolutely SUCK at shock cavalry.)

If you play it straight and charge into everything you face, they're great.

They have the best cavalry bar demigryphs, but lack options - it's all knights and the infantry options are all lacking. They aren't so good at taking walled cities for this reason, and I hope CA adds something to address this when they make the faction playable.

They really do need foot-knights to go over the walls.

FUCK

I JUST FUCKING BEAT ALL 4 CAMPAIGNS

*sigh*
*gets out wallet*

I hope they Bretonnia Campaign soon

Sending Paladins in with the Men at Arms is a tactic I use when playing the Brets, as long as you can seize a gatehouse or hold the towers long enough for the Trebuchets to smash down a wall you're all set.

>no harpies in new beastmen dlc

Total DLC - Call of Cashcow

Go Fuck Yourself Op

A Greater Haggis.

Beastmen. Redpill me on them. Aren't they just another Chaosh bitches?

Yes, but the WoC book was experiencing some extreme bloat, so they made them their own army.

Have they released a unit-list?

check the steam page, it has it there.

is it time for WOLF WOLF WHITE WOLF WOLF WPLF

Cheers, you too.

>All armies that had 8th edition rulebooks will be in the game.

Read: 16 is the number of races that we will get at the end. they are probably going for everyone

except the Chaos dwarfs.

I appreciate this post a lot user. I mean shit, you can't just change the colour of their pants and add them in as a new faction in warhammer.