OC Thread: Mighty Warriors edition

Welcome to the Veeky Forums OC thread.
Previous Thread: Tell us about your characters, new and old. Let's hear some stories of valor and glory and build some legends in here. This a great place to get new NPCs to make your world feel alive.

>THIS THREAD IS FOR SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Your Original Character can be any character you've played, are playing, or want to play!

>WHEN POSTING YOUR OC
Give us a little blurb about your character, tell us about them. Or if you want to make a new one with us, just tell us a basic concept.

>WHAT'S YOUR OCs MARY SUE SCORE?
springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm

Write and share stories about each others' characters. Draw and share pictures of each others' characters.

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

Need help developing a new character concept? Ask away! Answering the periodically posted Development Questions can often help, so look for those.

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way.

>IF YOU JUST NEED CHARACTER ART, GO TO THE DRAW THREAD
There are more artists consistently there that are actively looking for requests to fill, that's not the case here. Artists are still free to contribute, however.

>DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD UNTIL PAGE 10
Use new art from these threads as OP image when possible.

GoogleDoc of the characters so far (still in progress, so don't be alarmed if you don't see yours) drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_dUy0Yo4cigbTB1Q1g5bTRvcTQ&usp=sharing

Development Question: If you're fantasy OC was in a more modern setting, what would their job be, and vice versa.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47446278/
youtube.com/watch?v=tNJM4Plnj6w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His name is Guy, raised in a salt refinery. He fights for the kids.

Ketharuil, goes by Keth.
Currently, he mainly wants to right wrongs, and spread freedom wherever he can. He's considering taking a temporary retirement to raise his daughter.

At the point we are in his campaign, he's already a very accomplished cleric, and was made a saint by his GODDESS, for when he and his friends rooted out corruption buried deep within the church of Pelor. He is virtuous and kind, and has used all his money made adventuring to help the weak and needy, having taken a vow of poverty early on in his life.

He often times will put his beliefs before others, and is quick to argue with those who don't share his beliefs. He also, forgive the pun, acts holier than thou at times.

His family is almost exclusively his parents, as they moved from his racial homeland long ago, but his grandmother would occasionally visit, and tell him stories of his culture. His wife is one of his many adventuring companions.

While he has few enemies beyond the greater scope of evil, he has a large number of allies, first and foremost his party. While he has argued with them on the topics of morality on many occasions, predominantly the LN wizard(who puts law above morality?); since they started their journey, most if not all have turned good. His closest companion besides his wife would be the neutral good former Illithid psion turned half celestial dire polar bear with hero complex.

Oh man, oh man. Amhar's been chosen as the thread's OP picture. Talk about being proud.

I really want to use him in a more serious campaign now, rip.

He's really cool looking, and entertaining to read.

Are all of these OCs archived?

In the archive, yeah. 4plebs would be my preference. We had been recording it, but the owner of the drive hasn't been by in a while.

>If your fantasy OC was in a more modern setting, what would their job be?
I'm pretty sure that Keth would either be in the Peace Corps or the Chaplain Corps.

Do you have anything else about him? Who does he fight?

Thank you user, I'll give it a whirl

Here's a link to #1 in the archive. archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47446278/
It's gotten much better since then.

You guys wanna hear about my superhero characters? I can expand on my Reed Richards-expy and Dick Grayson/Danny Phantom-expy, aswell as my Metal Gear Witcher protagonist.. or I could just post part of a massive list with superheroes/villains.

>Metal Gear Witcher

Go on.

Let me tell you about my main protagonist. His name is Desmond (Wintergrief) and he, as he eventually finds out, is the son of Baron Wintergrief (my Doctor Doom, basically, who also at one point builds a giant tower that acts as a cosmic wand called the Bloodspire). When his granddad dies, he inherits a dragonegg, an Alchemi Codex and Rune Codex, and he teaches himself all kinds of potions and rune circles (some tattooed on his body. For instance, on his back there's a circle that lets his dragon take residence in. like a Pokeball. also telepathic connection).
Pendragon, because of his dragon connection has a really deep understanding of magic and can even smell it, despite not being able to cast actual magic without any external resources.

• Pendragon's suit is inspire by that of the Arkham Knight, except with a big dragon emblem. He has a dragon-like helmet, aswell as a TACPAD, thrusthers, a family blade that is very powerful and enchanted, aswell as a powerful high-tech handgun and holographic rune projector. Basically Metal Gear Witcher.

1/2

Desmond’s Rune System is very complex, using multiple rune alphabets, precisely tattooed onto his body, linked with linking runes and and gives him the following abilities:
· An incredibly complex circle based on a trap circle that allows him to literally carry his dragon, Prometheus, on his back and gives them a mental link. Also gives him fire-resistance, night vision, no need for oxygen and dragon-like senses when Prometheus is in his circle. He is the power source for most, but not all, of the runes.
· A weak projectile forcefield, if activated using the Interactive Rune circle on his arm. The small forcefield-rune is under his foot.
· A circle that can temporarily (for around 10 mnutes) give him flight or invisiblity
· A small circle on his hand that allows him to shoot fire when Prometheus is in his circle
· Anti-detection and psionic shield. When unconcious, Prometheus gains control of his body.
· Roaring like a dragon. Very intimidating.
· Be capable of smelling magic.
· Dragonrage – He takes the strength of the Dragon, which can only work when it’s in the Circle. This gives him insane strength and durability, but tires him a lot.
He has a circle in which time slows down, where he can train and study. Some oter one-time use circles are acceleration circles (which he can holographically project and cause a thrown ball to have the impact of a rocket when thrown through it) aswell as a black hole circle, and many other rune-constructions

Pretty OP, but he gains this abilties over time and while starting with streetlevel thugs, he will face Time Pirates, eldritch space horrors and powerful mages.

I should also tell you that the other two main characters, Wraith (who can turn intangible and in that form levitate, is invisible and even take control of people) (his powers come from being hit by lightning in an ambulance while given that shock revivey thingy that I cant recall) and a Reed Richards-expy with a powersuit calleld Quantum. The suit has tons of abilities and his end-tier suit is Superman-strength level.

They at one point create a giant flying wandship that can go FTL and cast reality-warping scale magic because fuck yeah. He also created telepathic earpieces that give them all psionic protection, because one of the main antagonist has a crown which allows him telepathy, telekinesis and mindcontrol. He's Wintergrief's brother, and takes control of the underworld in New Hague.

Its going to be a veeeeeeery long story. The other main characters are Nyfe, a cute stoner hyperninja girl, a Zatanna-expy called Charm, a girl with videogame powers (respawning, pausing real life, double jumping aswell as levelling up) called Pixel, and this robot girl called Iron Maiden. Think Genos meets XJ-9.

There's waaaaaaaaaay more characters, but the main trinity for my world are Pendragon, Quantum and Wraith.

(he of the earpieces being Quantum. damn, specifiying that make me spam this thread even more. fuck.)

anyway, yeah, one is magic (Pendragon), one science (Quantum) and one is the leader/fighter/tactician/tank (Wraith)

One of my favorite Dark Heresy characters was a powerful psyker named Trick. As a Darkholder born onto The Bountiful Beast, Zekka "Trick" Zarkov spent her earliest years surrounded by blood and carnage on a scale that would rival the deadliest of warzones. Gifted at birth with (arguably) natural psychic talents given to her by her mother and father (both Navigators) she was coveted by the Black Ships and was forced to be abandoned to their cruel holds when she was but a little girl.

She spent the entirety of her adolescence on the Black Ship, surrounded by individuals like her, those who were gifted with psychic powers and otherworldly talents. Many captives on the Black Ship died; some of them struck down by the guards who manned the ships, others by their own hands as their suffering became too much for their souls to handle. But Trick's resolve was strong. She was born into an environment of suffering and blood and it did not phase her. It only made her hungry in ways she didn't understand. As she grew so did her mysterious hunger and her abilities.

She was a young woman when she next saw the sun. On Holy Terra it would be decided that her potential was too great to squander at the Throne. She would be of use in a different way to the Imperium. Trick spent the next decade undergoing "behavioral therapy" to sharpen her mind and soul and to ensure her obedience. Tortures and trials were her food and prayer and flagellation were her water. Her powers grew and her spirit was emboldened. Her mind was ultimately lost but it was an acceptable loss. Perhaps in her suffering her mind insulated itself in memories of happier times, the years of her childhood on The Bountiful Beast, the time before the Black Ship. Perhaps that was why her mind and personality regressed to that of a small child, innocent and unburdened of adult understanding. Her handlers did not object to her behavior. Though Trick was much more simple, she was much more malleable and easier to guide.

Edgy McSue/10

It is dark heresy, the character fits the setting and can potentially blow up every time she uses her powers.

Edgy
McSue/10

Warhmmer is edgy. Just trust me when I say that she wasn't nearly as edgy or sue as the backstory would imply. She was actually quite a sweetheart and beloved by the party. Carried a teddy bear everywhere that acted as her focus and may or may not have been possessed by a minor daemon. She was also somewhat afraid of the party leader, a Witch Hunter, who didn't know she was a mutant and a psyker, which lead to amusing moments where she'd actively try to hide her powers from him because she didn't want him to hate her. She also had a really bad case of razor mouth (blatantly stolen from Cultist-chan) and was generally a creepy, (though sweet and well-meaning) child woman who viewed her squad as family.

Couple a' drawfriends walked up ta the OC general the other daie...
(same rules as usual)

i'm fucking diamonds senpai tba

A Russian hitman turned mercenary with a malicious attitude, and talkative, cheerful demeanor. Uses a machine pistol and throwing knives, is this idea TOO edgy?

Hm... would you be interested in drawing Cata (I don't have her pic but she is a half elf with short bobbed black hair and no right arm below the shoulder) in this armor holding a javelin?

Obviously doesn't have to be THAT detailed, but her player expressed interest in trying to get this art made, but isn't online in the chat right now so I'm trying to help out.

Whatever happened to some of the regulars in these threads? I hardly see Mary or Sigmund anymore.

Most of the regulars are still here, they just focus on trying to help other posters.

Regulars are bad for thread longevity unless they have ongoing games to talk about and serve new content, like Naeva, Luvos, and Charlotte, among a handful of others. I think Sigmund is IRL busy right now, as is Mary, but it's not for certain who has new content to even post about.

Any details you know factually?
Tall? Short? Well endowed? String bean? Little pointy ears? Big long ears? Thick neck? Pointy Chin? etc-

Don't know about Mary, but Siggy has a work thing.

Short, little pointy ears, slender frame, not too curvy but still feminine.

Uhhh not exactly a sharp point chin from what I remember. Sorry I'm not much help, I lost my whole OC art folder the other day and still have to recover some of it.

Here she is! Someone in the chat had it.

(the fuck does she draw that form the back of her right hip with her left hand?)

It's on a loose belt, iirc. I dunno, not my character.

There's not nearly enough Dark Heresy/40k characters in these threads.

"Cat" was my first Dark Heresy character that survived beyond her first couple of sessions. She was from Dusk originally and wouldn't give anyone her real name. I played her as a tough but good natured fish out of water until the usual corruption and insanity points caught up with her. Then she rolled "necrophage" for her first mutation, and things went downhill from there.

The campaign after that involved our group figuring out the inquisitor was a radical and experimenting with everybody, going on the run from the Inquisition, and eventually circled around to using Warp travel accidents for fun and profit. Cat wound up an insane, nigh immortal berserker who couldn't tell reality from her hallucinations when she was finally "retired."

>Name
Luvos Nichto
>Role
Planar Explorer, Diabolic Conjurer, Guest Villain
>Goals
To remain on the forefront of knowledge, exploration, and change. Luvos is in the process of writing a series of encyclopedias of planar knowledge. He is experimenting with means of achieving immortality and slowly perfecting his revenge against his wizard peers.
>Traits
Luvos has little respect for conventions. He enjoys the fleeting nature of comprehension and more enjoys the hunt for knowledge itself. He has demonstrated a frightening degree of patience and a somewhat obsessive personality. He is easily flustered. Luvos is attracted to forbidden knowledge and other things an authority figure says are dangerous this is derived from a desire to overcompensate and impress others by taming such dangerous things. Growing up as a half-drow raised by humans has given him an affinity for the taboo and makes him feel like a kindred spirit to most things labelled as evil and secretive.
>Flaws
Luvos' time spent exploring the planescape has left him reluctant to put any faith in the moral boundaries of any one plane. He has picked up the habit of introducing himself in fancier and fancier nonsensical titles. He believes he is the smartest person in any room but that everyone seems to know something he doesn't. Any attempts at appearing friendly are usually hindered by his creepy and overblown mannerisms, lack of social awareness, and the stench of brimstone clinging to his robes.
>Allies
Irya Sheen, his animated foot stool, and a clumsy broomstick.
>Physical Description
Luvos is a half-elf swathed in several layers of dark robes, he is hooded at most times and has dusky grey skin which shows on his face and finger tips. His drow heritage has gives him his yellow eyes and aversion to sunlight. He has sharp features and poor posture. His teeth and nails are pointy but harmless.

Might as well since I am bored and it will be a moment before I go to bed. Probably not long enough to stick for answers or shit like that but O well.

Ironbeard's my backup character for Dungeons the Dragoning campaign I am part of. He's actually a concept I had for a fantasy type of world, but space robot pirates are too cool so I redid him to fit SPESS setting.

He's a Promethean [basically androids/cyborgs, but meant to be fully weaponized] Goliath, aka THE biggest race in the whole game as far as I am concerned. However, no one knows who actually made him or what he was meant for. All that's known is that he's a secret project gone awry because the moment he appeared, he began space piracy. He climbed the ranks pretty fast and became well known. His biggest accomplishment was stealing an experimental fuckhueg ship known as Titanicus[Sue me.] from one of the sects/guilds on the Sigil. However, Bounty Hunter known as Bobba "Golden Boy" Fett [Blame my GM it's his NPC] actually managed to blow up the entire ship. Killing entire Ironbeard legacy.

Except Ironbeard is alive, stuck on a broken off engine from his ship that still gives heat and somehow still works. He's stuck in space, drifting for a little bit too long until I switch characters.

He's 11'5 feet tall, can be described as square with rectangles attached to it. His left arm is turned into a cannon, he has a GATLING GUN BOLTER inside of his chest and his left eye is an artifact gem. His right arm has a grappling hook and can turn into a grand daiklave, which is shaped as a cutlass.

Probably not wholla lot original but o well.

Oh, few additional bits.

His body is mostly made out of Darksteel, material so plot level strong it cannot bend almost at all and is virtually indestructible. He can turn Optimus Prime level of big as well if he so desires and speaks in the traditional pirate speech.

Unless he's actually, for real, 100% angry.

Oh boy, I forgot best bit;

The reason he's called Ironbeard is because he has a beard made out of that very material. Which is essentially plates set on rings.

>Darksteel

When he gets angry does he teleport and tell people it's nothing personnel?

Sides expanded thoroughly.

gon' clean it up and add some detail; nothing notably amiss is there?

She's invisible!

well the site wanted me to wait 5 minutes so...

That's phenomenal, Cata will adore it, I really appreciate you.

Name: Gromar
Race: Urog (Snowflake race: Half-Orc, Half-Ogre)
Class: Barburian
Sue Score: 11

Gromar is easily the most fun character I've ever made in an RPG.

Backstory: Gromar was born a bastard to an orcish concubine of a human baron, the most evil, slavetastic baron of the entire east coast.
Gromar lived as a tolerated child and was taught the essentials of nobility, including reading and writing, language, class-warfare and eugenics.
At the pitiful age of twelve, Gromar's father discovered that his son was roughly twice the size of a normal child his age, and deduced that his mother had 'dealings' with one of the field-ogres behind his back. The baron being a forgiving, or more likely neglectful man, the young Urog was simply banished from the kingdom, his mother's fate being an unknown blur probably involving brutal murder but who wants to bother RPing all of that nonsense.
A few years later is where the actual RPG begins...

I'll just do the very first session for now, where all of the characters run through a solo "what you did on your first day" session.
Gromar is first seen getting off a ship, wearing a gigantic blue hat with a feather, and wielding a rapier. His first stop is the marketplace, where the first 'event' is a woman crying 'Help! Thief!' Two characters are watching silently from a rooftop and a nearby alleyway (rogue and sorcerer), whilst another immediately takes off after the villain (paladin). Gromar also immediately walks up to the lady and is joined by a few guards. The conversation follows:
"Where the villan at?"
>"I didn't see, he ran orf into the crowd"
"WHERE VILLAN AT LADY. I GET YOUR PURSE"
>'Calm down, sir, we'll take care of this'
"NO. I find and kill thief. Is Duty of the nobility to cull the peasantry."

Tracking skill is rolled, and naturally comes up short, but Gromar is not daunted. Seeing that scum likes alleys, he assumes that the pickpocket naturally walked into the nearest alleyway, so he 'follows' the thief in, directly past a bemused looking kitsune sorceror.

>Me: Gromar looks around, what does he see?
>GM: I dunno... Some junk?
>Me: What junk?
>GM: An old mattress.
>Me: Gromar TAKES the mattress. What else?
>GM. Nothing man, a blank wall.
>Me: AHA! Just where a pickpocket would go! Gromar uses the mattress on the wall!

The Urog is a fairly strength-heavy race, and comes with the Ogre trait which lets them use anything as a weapon, so it's unsurprising that Gromar manages to (with an 18) wind up and punt that mattress straight through a brick wall like nobody's business.
Inside he finds a terrified family halfway through lunch, so proceeds to walk in, declares it the lair of a thief, takes a nearby broom and leaves through the front door.
He then marches directly to the guards, still questioning the woman, throws the broom at their feet and shouts 'EVIDENCE!'.

We had to skip forward then because we were laughing too hard.

I forgot to mention, he's an idiot.
But between that, the carpenter who doesn't work nights, his glorious Minotaur speech, and the axe of hands, it's something most people pick up pretty quickly.

Name:
Zaniel Mobius

>Roles:
Party Wizard, Master Summoner.

Zaniel has been willing to commit some rather evil acts, but he has also performed act of goods.

One such time the party was going to vacation at the island nation of Patria Bella and was attacked by a Red Dragon on passage. We become stranded on a island and eventually came upon a make shift fort on the coast.

So of course we go to investigate the site. The first thing we see is that the treeline next to the fort has been burned down. The next thing we knowceded were the soldiers on the wall yelling at us. We soon learned that the fort was put together by some exils of the Chevalian Demesne a well known Law Evil nation.

It was during our conversation with the soldiers we learned that the Red Dragon has claimed this island as his own, and has apparently been coming from the forest at night to attack the fort.

The soldier let us inside the fort too meet their leaders an exiled prince and his captain of the armed forces. The captain went on to explain that a group of centaurs have been harassing them and they believe that the centaurs are working with/for the dragon.

Zaniel was curtain that the soldiers weren't attacked by the dragon. Otherwise The dragon would have simply flew the fort walls. So he took the party NPC ranger and went into the jungle to investigate.

The two eventually came across the centaurs and were told the attacker was a half-dragon T-Rex know as Zilla and this half-dragon has been peacefully to the centaurs for decades and has even added them when the larger monster of the island attacked their temple in times past.

Furthermore the humans have apparently angered Zilla, so the centaurs are trying to appease the half-dragon by attacking the human invaders. Hoping that her rage won't be turned towards them.

So Zaniel figured that the soldiers must have done something to this Zilla and went back to the fort for more clues.

Part (1/2)

Part (2/2)

By the time we returned to the fort it has became night. Its was thanks to the ranger that we came across some smaller T-Rex tracks near th hear of the fort. It was then Zaniel realized what has transpired, it seemed that Zilla had a child of her own and it wandered near the fort and most likely attacked the the soldiers.

The two followed the track back into the jungle and was eventual attacked by magical baboons that can grow in size. Once we killed off the baboons we found the corpse of the half-dragon.

It's was then that Zaniel came up with an idea. Instead of killing Zilla as he orginly planed to do, they could revive the half-dragon sense it had died with the past few days. So he along with the ranger brought back the body to the fort. He then explained his idea to revive the half-dragon in front of it mother, hoping that they could end this conflict peaceful.

The group agreed to this and the next day we went out searching for Zilla home. Luckily the plan went off without a hitch, with peace being established between the centaurs and humans.

This even helped us fight and kill the Red Dragon that attacked our ship.
But thats a story for another day.

Warhammer/10

Cata-user here - thanks a lot for your work so far! It looks amazing. If I could do a last bit of correcting, her javelins should look more like jareds, but if it's too late for that I'm not going to cry over it, especially since overall it looks fantastic.

It was meant to be a little more on the right hip than on the back of it; I think that was a bit of an artist choice so that the hilt could be seen without looking skewed because of the perspective, or the scabbard being hidden because a wonky perspective would've made it look short. A loose belt might explain it, but no one wants to get slapped in the butt with their own scabbard because they don't have a hand to steady it.

See, in-universe it makes no sense, and out of context it's Edge McGee/10.

--Because in an imperium full of some-quintillion citizens, every single one of them is going to have a tragic backstory--

Needs more AGP.

The tirm Grimdark spawned from warhammer. Having a happy life let alone a happy childhood makes you special snowflake as fuck.

The term Grimdark spawned from warhammer. Having a happy life let alone a happy childhood makes you special snowflake as fuck.

Ooh, 40k character, haven't seen one of those yet.
>Gifted at birth with natural psychic talents
>mother and father (both Navigators)
That's... not how that works...

>It only made her hungry in ways she didn't understand. As she grew so did her mysterious hunger and her abilities.
Kind of dumb and apparently irrelevant to her future story, but okay I guess.

>Perhaps that was why her mind and personality regressed to that of a small child, innocent and unburdened of adult understanding.
>Carried a teddy bear everywhere
>possessed by a minor daemon
Fuck. Me.

Not quite. The general conditions are shitty, but there are garden and paradise planets, as well as modern-ish ones. Not every world is a hellhole and not everyone is a child soldier turned serial killer turned lobotomized cyborg... though most people probably know someone like that.

Where that backstory is inconsistent is simply in how psykers work and the apparent wild fluctuations in the character's attitudes and reactions.

>Black Swan Jack

Black Swan Jack is a man touched by fate from the gods. It was not on purpose.
See the gods had just had a terrible week that day, and went for a couple of drinks, and then a couple more, and after while they were so pissed they thought it would be great for a lark if they touched Jack with the fate of heroes.

Problem is, Black Swan Jack is called Black Swan because after a sex scandal with a forest witch, his family lyre was cursed to be the most horrid, and cantankerous instrument ever produced in the hands of any man, so that it may produce only one equally beautiful song played only at the moment of their death.

The gods have been trying very hard to compensate for this curse. While Jack's destiny is unfulfilled, they are haunted by that horrible lyre every day of their immortal lives.

So they try. But alas, the only way Jack himself copes with his terrible songs, is to abuse of a mild opiate addiction.

They tried giving him legendary magic beans once.
He sold them for a dead cow to a murderhobo
They tried giving him a letter to a magic school in a castle
He got kicked out. Nobody know why. Just that the dean of admissions is now a hat, and Bardic classes are no longer in the curriculum

And so begins Black Swan Jack's last chance. He must make himself a hero through the help of a group of other adventurers or else, the gods shall cope no more.
They'll smite him off the face of the earth, and go to war with the infernal planes, who equally uneager to receive him

Wowz your not a troll. Congrats, but why would anyone from these garden/paradise world leave home? Also I'm pretty sure the vast majority of imperial guard recruitment is from hive worlds right? Which as a basses are shitty for the majority that live in them.

Semi-defunct after the death of his main campaign, probably the worst paladin ever to grace this earth. Mercenary, seducer, warlord, reaver, desecrator of temples, supreme irritator of elves, and, due to an unfortunate series of events, vampire, Sir Coram recently made an appearance as an antagonist in my wife's campaign. At least that was the plan.

The party was expecting a shadowy gray eminence, directing the court of a beleaguered kingdom from the shadows to his own bloody ends. Why? Because their cleric worships a sun god, the enemy of all undead, and thus when he caught a whiff of a vampire near the court he almost called a crusade. The rest talked him down into a less murderous approach. They snuck through a horde of Chaos-aligned barbarians and beasts to reach the fortified summer capital. They infiltrated the city, and thought to ambush the monster.

Instead, they found a very weary old knight telling his descendant a story of how it all started. Oh, and returning the family panoply of magical arms after thirty years since he didn't trust the then-regent to hold onto them. Still, they attacked, spurred on by the sun-worshipping annoyance of a cleric (who promptly got suplexed into a wall and defenestrated in the first round fo combat due to horrible luck). Fight ended with the ten year old queen shooting the party wizard in the groin with her great grandfather's pistol. So now the city is under siege, the cleric is quite possibly dead, and we'll see what happens next week.

Plenty of reasons. Psykers for obvious ones. Potential specialists like for example future techpriests for training, since the appropriate facilities will almost always be off-world. Nobility for military service and to make contacts. Civillians to trade, or to sign up as starship crewmen. Tourism is also a thing, though confined to the wealthy.

As for hiveworlds, yeah. They're the most populous planets, so they export and tithe the most people. And the vast majority of people live in what to us are horrible conditions. That doesn't mean that these are the only conditions available in the setting, or that this is the most common type of world. In fact it isn't, to the point of hive worlds being considered strategic assets.

Oh neato

>Spent her earliest years surrounded by blood and carnage on a scale that would rival the deadliest of warzones.

So unless she's from Krieg, it's still too Sue.
Ciaphas grew up in the underhives and you don't see him walking around with a teddy.
(Although that part is... borderline acceptable, given that canon human psykers are generally pretty unhinged.)

Is that fucking Wayne from Letterkenny?

Irya Sheen is a strange planeswalker of many walks of life, due to an incident shunting her very essence and power across the multiverse, and her own manner of "walking" being related on floaty science mumbo (involving odd theory of how the multiverse itself might work). She's friendly but terribly crude, sharp but a tad too emotional, and uniquely on the strange side of mannerisms. Probably from having lived a strange existence.

She's also friends with Luvos, though their numbers on "how many times we've met" are uniquely different with how time functions for her.

>If you're fantasy OC was in a more modern setting, what would their job be, and vice versa.

S C I E N C E, in the realm of quantum physics or the illegal drug seller squandering a Harvard degree.

Was waiting for someone to call it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tNJM4Plnj6w
(this makes me happy)

>reading and writing, language, class-warfare and eugenics.
seems legit

Thanks a ton, looks great and I'm sure Cata will love it.

>Name
Lucille Bleakmire
>Role
Necromancer, history fanatic, treasure hunter
>Goals
To obtain and preserve any and all writings of her 9th Great Grandfather, a legendary necromancer and her role model.
>Traits
Educated, confident, daring, and intuitive. What she lacks in physical strength, she makes up in necromantic knowledge and magical prowess.
>Flaws
Selfish, naive, arrogant, and shortsighted. She is frail and weak, leaving her unable to fight without the use of magic. She's also prone to losing track of time, spending entire days inside of a dark library, reading until her eyes hurt or body passed out. She believes herself to be of some import due to being a direct descendant to the most infamous necromancer to have lived, leaving her to be a bit overconfident and arrognt.
>Allies
Elias, a lightning mage acquintance she commonly quests with.
>Physical Description
Pic related, although its only a rough sketch at this point.

The Bountiful Beast is literally an travelling slaughterhouse.

>necromancer
>Lucy
>BLEAKMIRE
>scythe

jeezy breezy. other than that good stuff.

Yeah, I was thinking on changing the name, just to lower the edginess factor a teensy bit. The scythe and necromancer parts gotta stay, though. Tolerable levels of edge is what I'm going for with this character.

I like the name. If hilarious naming conventions worked for Dickens, why not rpg players?

Alternatively, maximum ham.
Keep the name (better yet add a P.), get a black cat, make the scythe drip blood constantly, maybe a splash of heterochromia or pointed teeth.

its been some time so i will post Mary again.

Mary is a young mage (16 years old) who comes from a very small village on an island. Mary is quite the sheltered child, her parents, as well as most people on the island are extremely religious and because of this, the use their religion into scaring the children into doing what they want. Because of her parents overprotective nature she quickly developed a love of reading. after reading the small library and book store clean, Mary would begin to make secret deals with merchants in town. she would use her magic to aid them, and in turn they would bring her books from far away places.

Recently, an ancient black dragon has upset the balance of the island, and Mary, determined to help her hometown, went out on an adventure to find an ancient text written by the champion of her god that she had read about in hopes it will have some wisdom as to how to restore balance to the island. The outside world scares her and she does not know much about what happenes in the "real" world, but her desire to help her hometown far outweighs her fear, though she knows she cant do it alone. Mary has offered her magic services to an adventuring group, and in turn they will help her find the ancient text.

Holy crap. This is amazing.

I'm glad you like it.
I may touch up the spear and her hand later on.
Mail gloves... TIL: fuck mail gloves.

bards really do get very little love outside of fame-hunger

this joke is so tired why do we not bury it

Because repeated referential humour is simpler than actually being funny. Same reason why memes are so pervasive, why you'll get 150 posts by people spouting the same tired "LOLXZXZX HAND HOLDING SO LEEEWD Xdddd" trite.

Development Question:

Oh fuck! Your OC's residence is on fire and there is no way to put it out! What is the ONE (01) thing they bring out with them?

aside from her staff, probably any books she can carry (assuming there isnt anyone else in the fire)

Cata user here, love what you've done with it. Her face is perfect, and the URL seems like something she'd say.

Development question.

If your OC was in a video game, what genera/platform/style would it be and what roll would they play?

How is that really any different from the tabletop version of the character?

For Helmet: Either a strategy game in the vein of Warcraft/Age of Empires, a (J)RPG of some kind, or a roguelike.

I didn't do i good job of explaining it,
as an example, a character might be in an MMO, a side scroller, a puzzle game, etc...

Ishka Yanev, daughter of the infamous gladiator Velo 'the Free' Yanev, has made it her lives work to become the best killer she can be.

Her mother paid a tidy sum to lay with her father, as many noble women did. Alas, she got a child put into, and then went and died giving birth. Her father ensured she was sold into the pits and into the hands of the man who bore her.

She was raised amongst the slave pens and the fighting pits. She worked until they figured she was old enough to die in the arena. She was no more than fifteen the first time, but she didn't die. She thrived, excelled. She had trained with her father since she could hold a wooden sword.

So, she went places. She loved it, the fighting, the killing, the crowd cheering her on. She became the next big thing, the big bad of the Imperial arena in Emor. She almost got in trouble for laying an Adjudicator's daughter, but she was too well loved for them to do anything about it.

Then shit went south. She got cocky, let her anger get the better of her. You don't defy the Emperor and get away with it. She had to leave the arena, the city, the Empire. Far to the north, to the barbarian states, beyond the reach of her fame or infamy.

Now she's little more than an overpriced sell sword. She helped butcher a noble family for coin. She is in league with a traitorous son who plots to murder his father and take the throne. She's fucking the kings wife, who is also a witch.

Fun times all round.

Yo, bards are my favorite class. I'm playing one who's traveling the world to better write a true epic.

Josh would grab a bag full of clothes, actually. He grew up poor, so when he started becoming financially successful, he could finally wear something nice. He doesn't actually have many personal possessions with sentiment. Not a single photo.

The magical sword gifted to her by an unknown. She can't attune to it (meaning she doesn't gain the benefits of its magic) or use it effectively at this point, but it's a personal point for her that one day she learn who gave it to her and why.

>It only made her hungry in ways she didn't understand. As she grew so did her mysterious hunger and her abilities.

>Kind of dumb and apparently irrelevant to her future story, but okay I guess.

iirc Darkholders are cannibalistic.

>Oh fuck! Your OC's residence is on fire and there is no way to put it out! What is the ONE thing they bring out with them?
Given that Arallios makes a point to keep all his possessions on him at all times, either via bag of holding or wearing the damn stuff always, assuming "clothes on his back" and "bag of literally everything he owns he keeps on him at all times" is exempt, then it's pretty much left to making sure all the party members and his pet hawk got out okay, and that the pet hellhounds weren't the ones that started the blaze in the first place.

So short answer: whoever can't make it out

On a barely related note, there was a bit during some negotiations where he posed a high price, the other group threatened that they could just hire people to steal the thing they wanted and burn the place down for cheaper, to which Arallios countered "We can burn the thing you want even faster, seems we're at an impasse. And since that's the case, I have adorable blackmail I'm sure you'd love to hear about."
>If your OC was in a video game, what genera/platform/style would it be and what roll would they play?
An open-world game where laws are suggestions and keeping yourself alive applies past "don't get shot", actually incorporating at least a food/hunger system, if not full "make shelter find water" survival. Closest thing I could think of off the top of my head is something like if you added Harvest Moon's hunger system to what's been shown of LoZ: Breath of the Wild and sprinkle in some Elder Scrolls town spacing and magic. Something with 6th-gen-tier graphics would be fine, nothing super-gritty realistic, but it takes some squinting to see the polygons.

He would be a travelling hunter NPC with a randomized path through the overworld that will give free food to the player if they're low, pointing them towards a good area to either hunt/set up for the night, and offering combat practice if they're especially bored.

Yngram Scyer was a cleric with a heart of gold and a soul full of rot. He worshipped a God that allowed its followers to strip all evil and sin from the hearts of men and women and add it onto his own soul and he would be the one judged for it in the afterlife. Basically, he stayed good his whole life, but because he purified so many people's souls and stopped so much evil he went to hell.