Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Undead edition. What's your favorite undead, user?

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dyRApYW3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

posting here because IRC drama is bullshit

Liches and vampires.

I dunno, there are a bunch of cool ones to choose from. Nightshades seem pretty cool, since they live in black holes on the negative energy plane and all.

>vox, the coffee lich

ALHOON
L
H
O
O
N

Vampires, definitely vampires.
Especially the __lewd ones

Do you want to play a Path of War initiator (full or partial)?
Do you prefer text-only games?
Are you highly tolerant of weeaboo token art?
Do you believe that dedicated roleplaying and heavy optimization are NOT mutually exclusive?
Are you interested in a game set in the bazaar of the bizarre, Katapesh?

If so, then this might be the game for you:
pastebin.com/dyRApYW3

There is a catch. This will be a small group with only two players and one GM. One player slot has already been reserved. They are a dedicated roleplayer, but also very meticulous with the rules. You will have to be patient with them. There is only one player slot left.

For more details, send a Skype contact request to: explosive_runes

Don't cross the streams user!

Fuck off 2hu.

>Favorite undead
I like vampires. I'm so sorry

That hussy?

I'm a big fan of ghosts, myself.

Alhoons in service to Thoon

Hey guys, what's the best way to make Utena in /pfg/?

Always been a big fan of ghouls myself.

In his house at /dlq/ dead Vox lies awake because he had one too many lattes.

Was 2hu the one who drove Forrest away or is that just a rumor?

A Thoon Alhoon!

>The shitposter who drove away Forrest is literally so autistic that they think posting this does anything beyond piss people off and rile up the thread

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? You're in the IRC. Are you incapable of reading the posts there?

It's just a shitty rumor that 2hu was involved with driving Forrest away. The proof presented was literally only some user saying that it was likely.

I know a lot of people are gonna say this, but it really doesn't get any cooler than liches.

No, said 2hu confirmed it was him in IRC.

Prove it was someone else, then.

Specifically, the "proof" was that he took part in the conversation where Forrest said the thing. The public conversation. That anyone can read.

That "confirmation" was 2hu pointing out that there was no rule against it and that we shouldn't expect newcomers to just know not to take casual conversation as RAI gospel. Which is fucking bullshit, but not in any way a confession.

Probably Jiang-shi. All the unnatural horror of a vampire, but in a hoppy package.

It's 2hu trying to cover his worthless ass and not get removed, because he's finally fucked up hard enough that his autism might really get him kicked out of a circle.

There's no other suspect when 2hu was the only one autistic enough to do it.

For fuck's sake, shut up and move on!

>That "confirmation" was 2hu pointing out that there was no rule against it and that we shouldn't expect newcomers to just know not to take casual conversation as RAI gospel. Which is fucking bullshit
But... it's true.

How are newcomers supposed to know a rule that isn't written anywhere?

How's about you fucking drop it instead of bringing drama into both the thread and the IRC when the moderator of said IRC has politely requested as much?

Not deliberately shitposting would be mighty fuckin' excellent.

Hey, you know what might bring Forrest back? NOT being assholes

Because you shouldn't take casual conversation as RAI gospel. There doesn't need to be a rule about it.

It's not about a rule existing, but about the fact that this has happened repeatedly and Forrest is tired of her words being used out of context.

This happened to Elric too. It's a bit annoying; we're players too, not just developers.

Can a bladebound magus have his black blade be a +1 keen instead of a +2?

Be honest lads, have you ever had the opportunity to handle 7+ maneuvers?

Because good lord the most I get is 5th before things end or fall apart.

ALHOON! ALHOON! ALHOON!

YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK IT

SORRY INNOCENT ANONS BUT THE TROVE IS TEMPORARILY REVOKED

I KNOW DAMN FUCKING WELL I AM OVERSTEPPING MY BOUNDS HERE

I KNOW I DON'T HAVE ANY REAL AUTHORITY

I KNOW I'M AS MUCH A "PRINCESS" HERE AS THE QUEEN IS A QUEEN IN CANADA

BUT JUST ONCE, JUST TODAY, I DON'T GIVE A FLYING 360 NOSCOPE ASS WIPE

FORREST WAS MY FRIEND AND I HAD TO START MY DAY OUT WITH THAT SHIT

I DON'T NEED THIS PERSONAL ARMY GODDAMN STUPIDITY MAKING IT WORSE

YOU CAN HAVE THE TROVE BACK AFTER YOU CAN GO ONE HOUR, ONE SINGLE, STRAIGHT HOUR, WITHOUT A SINGLE MENTION OF FORREST OR THE IRC OR TOHO OR ANY OF IT

WE GOOD? I HOPE SO BUT IF WE'RE NOT OH-FUCKING-WELL!

You need to calm down, because you are making things worse.

Dullahans are dope. I am also partial to ghouls.

Congratulations, QANON, you just ensured that the PFS and Paizo shitposters have something they can directly do to stop people pirating books, and single-handedly crippled the community because your friend had a mildly bad day because of a few shitposters.

Munch carpet

I'm not sure Forrest is even having a bad day. If anything, it's a bad day for the people who enjoyed having a DSP dev on hand to bug about things.

Quickly, /pfg/, tell me about the time when you stopped giving a fuck and went full ham.

I asked in old threat but nobody answer me so i'm gonna try it again: Advice with a good gnome build who can dealt with mages? I thought barbarian at first but group said my gnome is gonna suck so i need help with another class

So a shitposter can now deny people access to the trove. You gave them more power.

Pretty sure they're talking about 2hu, given the gist of the thread is "2hu did it, lynch him"

So you're one of the guys behind Route to Hubbub or I got it wrong?

What's this Forrest business? Kinda been out of the loop.

What is Forrest's favorite 2hu?

>Forest 2hu
Moko or a fairy

Good question. I think it's been asked before in the IRC, but I don't remember the answer.

I do remember her posting an Osu chart for a Cirno song, I think.

I've been heavily involved in Game Trail of Debate, yes.

Jumped across a pit with a floating enemy in the middle to a small ledge on the other side to give my allies a flanking bonus. One failed roll would have been instant death.

Try Skald? The casting is a nice boost and you keep the barbarian flavor.

tl;dr Forrest was hanging out in the irc as a place to chill without being A Dev, people kept taking her casual comments as official rules, this morning that caused a shitstorm, Forrest left the irc (and possibly the thread?), and user is certain 2hu did it with flimsy evidence.

And now Qanon's lost her mind

The DM tried to pull a "I'm dragging your name through the mud" session and my character not only accepted the accusations of devilry, but he in fact committed some legitimate evil because, after all, society already expected he would do it.

I can't even begin to describe how petulant the DM got, or how hard he backpedaled to us being respectable heroes.

It didn't work, it turned into the DM losing his shit as we embraced evil and killed his waifu quest giver.

Gareth I have a question for you:
j/k I just wanted to say thank you for all you do here and for taking all the shit some idiots want to heap on you. You rock, buddy.

Isn't this the second time Forrest went prima Donna and left the thread?

can namefags and ircucks just fuck right off?
your shitty drama has nothing to do with pathfinder, christ even the poltards are better

skald is legit but bloodrager is probably better for the "magical barbarian" flavor.

Really don't get why some GMs do that-putting their waifus in stabbing distance of the PCs rarely (if ever) ends well.

Guys?

As far as I know, yes.

Does the archetype description say you can?

Pic related.

Imo, that's not really necessary; it's just making it worse.

Personally? I've been watching this as I've gone about today's errands and at this point I just think people should stop with the witchhunt bullshit. I left the irc chat today because my words in discussions in that room have been repeatedly taken out of context and caused problems for us at DSP or drama in general. It's been noted before that this is not ideal, and at this point it's happened enough that I can't in good conscience remain there.

It is not 2hu's or anyone's fault, and I don't really care /who/ does it, just that it keeps happening and it's frustrating as hell.

Not as far as I know. The last time I vanished for a while it was because I was incredibly busy with some serious real life matters.

Well, then can I ask you something?
those guys recruit people to do pictures? I'm an extremely broke drawfag.
EXTREMELY.

Oops meant to reply to with that second section. Phoneposting sucks.

They're instating new rules to stop this bullshit from happening in the future. Come back pls.

That is a good touhou choice.

Anyway, sad to see you go Forrest. I'm sorry this happened.

The waifu was doing fine until we turned mustache-twirling evil.

Really, she had it coming; adventurers are not heroic by default, and the more you shit on them the more they embrace the shit.

I don't see why they couldn't.

Crucial other bit is that as a result of the flimsy claims of it being 2hu's fault, people are calling for a witch-hunt on him, which is silly for so many reasons.

Not as far as I'm aware of, but Forrest hasn't even technically left the thread, because she wasn't here in the first place. Apparently she left the IRC, though. I can understand why she would, if casual conversation there is getting quoted as DSP-fact and then dropped over here in the thread, causing trouble.

>Mokou

Acceptable tastes. Please don't cook the birdgirls though.

Why are trip/namefags such fucking drama queens.

The Queen is Queen in Canada you retard. She even has palaces here, with crown owned land and corporations.

Send a portfolio to [email protected] and let him know you're willing to work on the cheap. Price estimates may be asked for, and Godspeed, brave drawfriend.

Thank you so much you two anons, i gonna give a try to both and see what left a better impresion with the gnome chasis

Eh, they bring us presents, especially Q. I'm willing to forgive a little drama from time to time.

QANON just revoked the Trove from the whole Pathfinder community because of a handful of shitposters.

Well we had a trove before that one that had a lot more stuff. Just lacked the newer things.

Her trove was missing a bunch of Paizo stuff anyway, who cares. She's a softie, I give it a day before she brings it back.

It'd be an hour if people stopped being assholes.

Thanks man.

beyond that I give it less than a day until someone uploads a new version

who wants some crazy cunt with a personality disorder in charge of that anyways?

Since we've already got an undead-themed General, I've got a question. My PCs are traveling through a haunted forest and will be getting periodically harassed by a ghost with access to Greater Shadow Conjuration (and a DM willing to be pretty liberally about what it can do with that SLA). What sort of spoopy encounters can I throw at the PCs? The ghost itself stays in the background, but it's happy to do stuff like since conjured enemies with the appearance of their friends/family to attack them.

I don't even get why a DM would put THEIR waifu in a game. I mean, what's the point?

While I agree it's an abuse of power, I'm also sympathetic to her idea that it'd be nice if people stopped talking about all this stuff for an hour. I know /pfg/ can't actually handle that, but if it at least slightly curbs the pointless conversations about irrelevant bullshit, I can't be too angry. Not like I need anything out of the Trove anyway.

Besides, we'll get it back later, so it's a symbolic gesture at most.

ANIMATE THE TREES

IF YOU WANT TO TAKE IT OVER, I WILL HAND IT TO YOU.

THE ONLY REASON I EVEN HAVE IT IS BECAUSE THE LAST ONE WENT UNMAINTAINED FOR LIKE SIX GODDAMN MONTHS, user KEPT ASKING ME TO DO IT SINCE I HAVE THE BOOKS ANYWAY, AND I WANT user TO BE FUCKING HAPPY. IF YOU WANT TO DO IT YOURSELF, I'LL HAPPILY TURN THE ACCOUNT OVER TO YOU.

So! Who all's looking forward to the upcoming weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?

My game has been canceled for two weeks because we keep forgetting important birthdays in peoples' families. It's not a bit deal, but I'm missing playing.

She's been having a rough few days in the first place, even before this. Try not to take it personally or anything, I'm talking to her about putting the trove back.

I'm planning on finishing up the playtest this Saturday (once I get my NEW COMPUTER!), although if enough people want to keep it going for another week, I wouldn't hate it. Just know that I'll be MHGing it hard, so I won't be AS attentive to things.

What is a good god to worship as a Tyrant anti-paladin? Old Asmo is a classic. I was thinking of maybe just venerating the entire Godclaw.

How should I build a white-haired witch to be the ultimate grapple-mancer?
I want to do tons of damage and debuffs and the same time.
Should I dip fighter, or magus, or even monk?

Our worst case of stormwind is now one player and the dm's boss, and has already begun hinting that one or two of us need to go to 'make some room'. He's also 'accidentally had no choice' scheduled the dm to work on our usual game days until the problem is resolved.

I killed my campaign because I got enough of my shitty players, so no

I'm currently on a train to get on a bus to get a car to drive to my game. 4.5 hours to get there. Wish it was closer.

more edited rise of the runelords with the scooby gang.. super excited.
>pic related
>tiefling magus, human spiritualist + phantom, aasimar cavalier, aasimar (bow using) warlord

best group with best characters I've ever seen roleplayed.

Do the Godclaw, seriously. Best fluff ever.

That could work. I don't want to go overboard on the spoopy and just end up making things hammy. Horror campaigns and Pathfinder don't mix well, so it's like there's an invisible fine line I have to balance on.

I'm not even taking it personally. I wholly endorse the idea that user needs to be excellent to each other more often, and even if I disagree with her method I at least agree with the intention.

Game should hopefully be starting back up this afternoon. There are still some finishing touches on things that our characters have done during downtime, but that may be what a decent chunk of the game might end up being; just getting everything cleared up and having our new campaign layout addressed.

Hidden Blade UCRogue with Scarlet Throne, maybe.

>Don't want to go overboard on the spoopy and just end up making things hammy

But user, hammy horror is amazing!

That looks a lot fancier than her old outfit. What's that metal-looking thing on her back? And where's her pink end-bits in her hair?