Exalted General - /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Can someone give us a rundown on how do the people in different parts of Creation look? If there is any official information, that is.
In particular, I'm curious how do Linowans and far north-easterners look like.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1T4FTsSprLYd8KWXgE5Rr1x7C9_B6Ln5cnGN8HF7a3Vk/edit#heading=h.ccagel7i0hsv
docs.google.com/document/d/15dK8fZaL-Kn-yGKxW6VRg_z6aF27FqbIf-t8ZEXmMC4/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
youtu.be/lmFn54lVxeI?t=2m20s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think Linowans are super dark skinned Native American types, far Northeasterners tend to be either very pale or nut-brown, with black, brown, or occasionally green hair, depending on nationality and/or your group's tolerance for weird hair colors.

Well the charm cost is [5m 2i]. Using the Excellency as a basis the -1 Defense is worth around 1-2m, given its situational nature. The instant movement feels more like something that would cost initiative than motes, but a small mote cost (1m) wouldn't be inappropriate. That leaves the penalty negation costing only 2-3m, which is potentially very cheap if you are heavily injured and in heavy armour.

As you are intending the evocation to be usable on either a rush or disengage I would suggest increasing the cost from [1m, 2i] to [2m, 2i] as it becomes more widely usable. This would be my initial 'rough' costing of the Evocation to be tweaked as needed or if playtesting suggests it needs it.

What is your opinion on the following rule interpretation:

An Ambition 2 Terrestrial Working can give a mortal character introduction into Sorcery / a Shaping Ritual.

So far my reading goes, there is just no actual requirement for a shaping ritual. Exalts need the Charm, but never is anything told about Mortals AFAIR

So I need ST advice. Let's say that a sorcerer is working on a sorcerous project and is killed about 10 successes short of finishing. If another sorcerer is able to find his notes, books, theories, laboratories, and any alchemical/magical/physical representation of the project what kind of bonuses would you give to the sorcerer who wishes to pick up the former's work doing it the exact same way?

I want to give a major bonus to the player but just having him finish the work of another sorcerer opens up a bag of worms where if one Abyssal is trying to open a shadowland and they stop him another Abyssal can come along and just finish it. Maybe there can be a time limit or something.

Just to give you this specific example there is a sorcerer who attempted to prepare a magical body for a loved one who is dying of a Abyssal stricken disease. Now the Sorcerer was killed before he could finish his project by an Abyssal and the party who was there killed the Abyssal. Now we have a very competent sorcerer running in the circle but no doctor and no way of finding a Solar physician who might be able to stop this Abyssal Disease. So now we can either finish the project and save the person (who the party needs) or just make it a hard fail for them. I don't want to be a dick as it was just complete dice fuckery that they let the Sorcerer get killed and really did everything they could to stop it. But it was just one of those things.

p. 470

MORTAL SORCERERS AND SHAPING RITUALS
Mortal sorcerers initiate into the Terrestrial Circle by
mastering a shaping ritual, which they may purchase
as a five-dot Merit that requires Occult 3. The first spell
they learn becomes their control spell. Most mortal
sorcerers only ever attain one ritual, but at the Storyteller’s
discretion, they might be able to gain more from the
same sorcerous archetype, or even different ones.

Still, initiation into sorcery is better roleplayed, rather than use the usual mechanics for sorcerous workings - even if the sorcerer is heavily involved in the "pupil's" awakening. It is a very personal transformation/sacrifice that is ultimately coming from the inside, even if forced by external occurrence.

Whether there is a time limit probably depends entirely on in-game factors. Unless it heavily depends on the outside factors, like weather, season, position of the stars, ripening or maturing of the ingredients - I don't see why it should.
Otherwise, I think, it's better to treat it like loosing Means and inflict automatic botch - i.e. complication that does not end up in failure.

What's the coolest artifact anybody has given to a player in one of their games?

I'm writing up a orichalcum and blue jade Direlance for one of my players (maybe 2/3 of the way done) that's all about overwhelming, unsubtle displays of force as seen through the lense of elemental wind.

On a related note exg, what kinds of traits would you think would be appropriate to an environmental hazard representing a tornado?

The Sword of Divide, a relic from the Primordial War that embodied the concept of separating things physically and metaphorically. It was incredibly dangerous to use for absolutely everyone, and was finally sealed.

Also Cinder, a blatant ripoff of the blade/bankai of the Soul Society Captain. Burn with the temperature of the sun, incinerate people, summon incinerated bound zombie from their ashes.

Anybody have any ideas on how to make an evocation line for Gungnir? First evocation should be a way to make an attack undodgeable if thrown. What else should I give it?

What do you guys can tell me about Exalted? Can I read just 3e and yet understand everything I need to run a game? Is it a good game for battles that isn't like "who attack first wins and "I attack and I dodge"?

Thanks, seems legit, I'll bring it up to my ST and play around with it.

Are there any area of effect attacks in Ex3? I'm trying to calibrate an Evocation. There's a gambit in Brilliant Sentinel that's a straight AoE, but is there anything else?

Melee has a charm that lets you attack everything in close range. Death of Obsidian Butterflies is as well, I think.

Mortal humans given godlike power to use as the see fit.Ostensibly a sword and sandals game in the vein of greek heroes such as Hercules and Achilles, but also draws inspiration from other sources such as contemporary anime, which is why you can have Warstriders.

The core book is the only book out for Ex3, but there are a number of older books, such as Manacle and Coin, that can help.

Ex3 uses an initiative system (ripped straight from Final Fantasy Dissidia) that requires you to build up combat momentum before making a killing blow, which causes you to lose momentum, which in turn makes you vulnerable.

I was going to answer, but what said about the setting, pretty much.

3e has everything you need to know to run a game, but it's a big book, and definitely has a lot of options for character creation and combat. The game has a lot of subsystems and crunch, but mostly works well from what I've seen. If that doesn't discourage you, you should do fine.

The setting is huge and there are a million details from past editions that you won't learn from just the 3e corebook, but don't let that put you off. Past material isn't necessarily canon now anyway. Just pick a small area to start your game in (or make your own), come up with whatever antagonists and information you need to start things off, and get to running. Even inexperienced Exalted PCs have the potential to upend entire nations and change the world, but there's no harm in smaller stories (albeit with suitably epic challenges), especially if you and your players are still learning.

>initiative system (ripped straight from Final Fantasy Dissidia) that requires you to build up combat momentum before making a killing blow
This looks pretty interesting. Care to explain a little more about it?

THere are Withering and Decisive attacks. Withering attacks 'damage' opponents Initiative, which, aside from determining who acts first, also represents the overall balance of the situation. Characters with high Initiative have an upper hand over characters with low Initative, and characters with 0 or less Initiative are in Initiative Crash, which means they are really on the ropes and suffer certain additional penalties. Initiative damage from successful Withering attacks is added to the attacker's Initiative. Withering attacks can be serious, intended-to-kill attacks in-setting, from the characters' perspective, but they don't cause actual damage. If successful, they might represent glancing hits, strikes that are just barely parried but drive the opponent off-balance, or some such. Once you feel like you have enough Initiative, you can make a Decisive attack, which uses your current Initiative as damage and actually hurts your enemy. If you successfully hit someone with a Decisive attack, you reset to base Initiative, usually 3, making you somewhat vulnerable to being Initiative Crashed yourself. It is, in my opinion, a pretty interesting system that works well in actual play.

In short, there are two kinds of attacks: withering and decisive. Withering attacks don't inflict damage, but instead drain the target's initiative, which is used to determine turn order and power decisive attacks. Decisive attacks are less accurate, but if they hit, inflict a number of dice of damage equal to your initiative and reset it to 3. If your initiative is reduced to 0 or below, you go into something called Initiative Crash that gives your attack an extra boost of initiative and prevents you from using some defensive abilities, so decisive attacks can be risky.

There's more to it, naturally, but that's the gist of it. Exalted get abilities called Charms that they can use in battle and out, adding dice or functioning as special techniques and the like.

Jade Heavenly Ecstasy Aid that had evocations for 'being as good as the real thing'.

A party member used it to knock up another party member.

Obviously, both PCs were women.

Hi /exg/. I'm making a 5-dot artefact made from multiple magical materials based around a mask that has had a rather strong fae trapped in it (or turned into it). What should its evocations be, if its Attunement bonus is providing artefact armour and giving a bonus to Intimidate and Threaten actions? I'm strapped for ideas.

So has anyone even challenged a Sidereals 3rd edition attempt? I wouldn't mind using anything because at the rate we're getting books it'll be 2020 and three different management changes and still no look at them.

the Sidereal homebrew is probably the best one made for Ex3 so far. It's called Where Fate Has Lead and it's less like a conversion and more like an entire supplement by a fan that is, against all odds, really good.

Shit, you got a link, I think I had a tab open with it a while ago but closed it.

does anyone have the previews for the different kinds of exalted from the KS?

i wanna read about the rape charms.

Why is Str the worst combat stat?

It's not. Strength 5, a Daiklave, and Fire-and-Stone-Strike are necessary to effectively combat foes with Legendary Size.

I would place Strength somewhere between Dex and Stamina.

That seems really niche compared to the other two physical attributes.

Where Fate Has Led:
>docs.google.com/document/d/1T4FTsSprLYd8KWXgE5Rr1x7C9_B6Ln5cnGN8HF7a3Vk/edit#heading=h.ccagel7i0hsv

Another Sidereal 3e Homebrew (more of a conversion of 2e than the one above):
>docs.google.com/document/d/15dK8fZaL-Kn-yGKxW6VRg_z6aF27FqbIf-t8ZEXmMC4/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

on average, Strength X Stamina 1 is the same result as Strength 1 Stamina X in normal combat, except in case of insane Soak or Legendary Size.
You can't do shit against high Soak, but at least that combo allows you to screw Legendary Size.

So far my group has just finished session #16 in my current campaign. So far no enemy without Legendary Size has seen a third round in combat. Single enemies without it and only 7 health levels AND no perfect defenses so far mostly die by the very first tick.

Are your group content with this state of affairs or do you intend to "fix" it?

>Single enemies without it and only 7 health levels AND no perfect defenses so far mostly die by the very first tick.
Would be strange if it was otherwise, honestly.

How do you fix GMs who don't let you do anything, even if you get upwards of ten successes on a roll?

Throw the book at them.

Read the recommended difficulties section to them out loud across the table, making constant eye contact.

Run a one-shot game, give them a spot at the table, run it however you want them to run their games, and when they realise how much fun everyone is having, they'll naturally adapt their style..?

Of course that only works if they're doing it because they don't know better. If they're being a dick on purpose you can't fix them.

So what's the most important houserules and advice you would give to a new player or gm?
Things like bp/xp, ma merit, craft, have something for your solar xp, make good intimacies, keep it mostly sandboxy etc?

Same advice as all role-playing games.
Have fun.

*sigh* I guess you're one of those kind of people who play elves or dwarves in D&D instead of humans? Who whine to their DM to play a noble or some kind of mary sueish divine paladin instead of a warrior, like the other players?

You are literally everything that is wrong in RPG right now. You're a show stealing Munchkin that can't understand that a RPG is a COOPERATIVE game, where all the players SHOULD BE EQUAL. There is something deeply wrong with you when you see four players playing warriors from a small village and you say: "that's it, I WANT TO PLAY A MAGE." What the fuck is wrong with you? This game is not YOUR GAME. This game is everyone's game. You should not play what you want without caring about what the other people want you to play, that's fucking rude.

That's not really helpful.

The MA merit is a hack on top of a hack: it's a tax on being allowed to spend Solar XP on charms, and Solar XP was a hack in the first place to nudge people to buy shit other than Charms. Also MA is a "when is an Ability not an Ability" hack where punching someone open palm requires completely different learning from punching them closed fist, meanwhile Performance is the ability of piano, sousaphone, dancing and speechifying. I've only had one guy ever take one martial art in my games so I'm not sure of the balance, but I can tell you you're dealing with a big ugly mess here.

BP/XP has giant sinkholes where you can pour 100xp away by picking the wrong things in the wrong order. Consider standardizing it some way.

Craft: give free starting silver points.

what the fuck happened here?

I mean, the entire post is full of fuck, but this in particular:
>You're a show stealing Munchkin
Exalted is a game of show stealing munchkins who beat up gods straight out of chargen, and they're SUPPOSED to beat up reality until it cries, like mages but with fists. don't like it, go play level 1 human fighters or something.

Is this copypasta or just the wrong thread?

>what the fuck happened here?
You've never heard of pasta?

This pasta is new to me, where can I learn more about it?

Can't tell if you're seriously that retarded or just shitposting.

You mean the same one that was so OP, the bad guy had to genetically engineer a super soldier for the SOLE purpose of countering it?

Bleach is stupid as fuck, but I have to say, the author is really good at making characters seem impressively powerful

That's a helpful breakdown of the problems, but I am familiar with those, and was using them as examples of which issues are important for me to bring up for gm or players when starting 3e.
Do you have any more issues, and what in your mind are the big deals versus minor quibbles?

>Do you have any more issues, and what in your mind are the big deals versus minor quibbles?
Crane Style is literally broken, not OP or anything, just a couple of the charms do not work because there are no general rules for counterattacks but they're written as though there are.

Increasing Strength Exercise plus the upgraded form of Iron Whirlwind Attack is straight up broken. Rule that the Strength boost of ISE doesn't improve IWA's max attacks per round.

Blinding Battle Feint and Stalking Wolf Attitude combo insanely well with Living Shadow Preparedness due to the stealth errata from the backer charms ("banked successes = non-Charm"). We're talking 30 Init right out of JB. Rule that it doesn't give non-Charm successes, I guess?

Spirit Cutting Attack and Belt of Shadow Walking is stupid, because either all of the sudden every important NPC now has an intangible-hitting attack or you just chump a bunch of important NPCs. Just straight up ignore the "you can attack tangible targets" clause, imo.

Ganging up on a target is *ridiculously* powerful due to onslaught penalty interacting with multiple attacks and the initiative system. Be ready to use battlegroups heavily any time there's more than one NPC involved.

Half of the Craft system is basically arbitrary shit restrictions on which to hang Charms.

A good fraction of the Craft Charms are then "+1 to arbitrary shit restriction".

Another section of the Craft Charms, taken together, culminate in "bypass the arbitrary shit restrictions entirely".

There is a few ways to solve MA merit. My ST just makes it 1 dot and removes the brawl requirement. What I do, is make it so you can take Matrial Arts without the merit, and the merit is still 4 dots. Instead, the effect of the merit is that it rolls all martial arts into one ability, rather than a separate one for each style (you still can't use the charms together without a shared firm weapon). I like this because it leaves MA as a good option for a dabbler, while making it viable and not a massive point sink for someone who wants it to be their primary combat method.

The only other one I use that I'd say is a must, is flat xp costs of some kind. The rest I'm going to list are just ones I use for fun, and to tweak things to my liking.

I have no clue if this is a house rule or not? I swear I remember reading it in one of the playtests, but I haven't seen it in the core or anything. You can choose whether your clothing counts as light armor for your character. (Obviously this still restricts MA that can't be used in armor)

Strength can be used for melee hit and parry, but not evade. I feel this makes things a bit more balanced, and takes a lot of the teeth out of Dez as a godstat(it's still super good, but now not EVERYONE has Dex 5). If you choose to go strength for it, you get the extra damage, and the ability to grapple and do feats of strength better. If you choose dexterity, you get all those other great benefits of dexterity. Pickpocketing, sneaking, rushing and disengaging, etc.

(This one is a holdover till we figure out how the other exalted handle evocation and artifacts, which migjt be handled well for all I know, so it is liable to change, and take it with a grain of salt): All Exalt types use Evocations and artifacts like Solars. Full access to Evocations for, and can attune to, any material. Gives me way more options as a DM, for antagonists, and makes things easier if the Players want to use one of the home brews out there.

These are what I was looking for, thanks a lot guys.
Keep 'em coming, and any not strictly related to combat, like the social system and skill stuff.

It should have a number of transgressive powers that let you reshape your armor into the things your enemy fears, with a final, "Behold my true form!" Charm at the end that reshapes your physical form for a brief time into some kind of Wyld-monster.

Not him but I read it for the tweests sempai. Kubo is at his best when its niche and crazy powers being abused in creative ways.

>It was incredibly dangerous to use for absolutely everyone, and was finally sealed.
Given that Solars exist you can scrub the finally off of there.

>BP/XP has giant sinkholes where you can pour 100xp away by picking the wrong things in the wrong order. Consider standardizing it some way.

I use a standardization for my own game, but let's be realistic here. Even using BP/XP as printed, the amount of difference you're risking is nowhere even CLOSE to 100xp.

The amount of difference you're risking with reasonable sane characters is nowhere close to 100, sure. But as a theoretical optimization exercise, if your Storyteller is utterly spineless and your players are a Goofy buying all the worst things and a Master Munchkin buying all the best things, the difference in BP/XP as printed can get something like this:

5/5/1 versus 4/4/3: 20xp difference in Primary Attributes
5/3/1 versus 3/3/3: 16xp difference in Secondary Attributes
5/1/1 versus 3/2/2: 20xp difference in Tertiary Attributes

MM takes a Caste at 2, every Favored at 1, and seven unfavored Abilities at 3, while Goofy takes 9 caste/favored at 3 and the tenth at 1: 25xp difference

Merits: depends on how you parse
> Purchased Merit | new rating x 3
for merits that lack intermediate ratings, but you can work up some difference here too

Charms: Goofy takes favored charms, Master Munchkin takes unfavored charms, 30xp difference

Bonus Points: The exact math gets a bit complicated since it depends on previous purchases, but if for example Goofy raises an unfavored ability from 0 to 5, that's 10BP for 23xp there, while MM can spend the same 10BP raising two Caste Abilities from 0 to 5 and get 36xp worth of dots there. That's a difference of 13xp in 10BP; there's probably 20-ish points to be had here along similar lines.

All in all, at least 131xp of disparity is theoretically possible, more if you squeeze the bonus points, more if you interpret Merit costing the right (wrong) way.

While anyone actually trying to do all this should be punched in the goddamn face, it illustrates that there is >100xp to be had by squeezing the system hard enough.

>A party member used it to knock up another party member.

>Obviously, both PCs were women.

muhsides!.gif

Jesus man, don't advocate murder, that book is big enough to crumple a ribcage.

Actually, how DO you interpret the xp costs of merits?

Xp costs table:
> Purchased Merit | new rating x 3
Merits chapter:
> [some] Merits may be purchased or advanced for (new rating x 3) experience points during play. You don’t have to pay for ratings that don’t do anything, and so Boundless Endurance (••) would cost 6 experience, not 9. Purchased Merits with variable ratings must be bought in sequence.

So, if I want Fleet of Foot ••••, which only exists at the four-dot level, I pay 4BP in chargen or 12xp in play; but if I want Quick Draw ••••, which exists in one-dot and four-dot form, I pay 4BP in chargen or 15xp in play because I need to pay the "this merit has a shittier version" tax? And more xp for merits with more intermediate levels?

Yes, it's literally that dumb, ignore the fuck out of it.

Please tell me I'm not the only one mad as fuck that 3e is turning Infernal Charms into bog-standard Ability trees. 2e's Infernal Charms were so fucking cool, acting more like contained magical spells and showcasing the powers of the Yozis. When you played as an Infernal in 2e you felt like you were actually grasping the powers of these demonic titans.

Now they're just gonna be "Solar charms but green". Because having "Solar charms but EDGY", "Solar charms but silver (and not as good)", "Solar charms but really shitty", and "Solar charms but WACKY FATE SHENANIGANS" wasn't enough, obviously.

But hey we're also getting..."Solar charms but shitty and dead-themed". yay.

At least we still have Alchemicals, but they'll probably fuck them and the coolest setting outside of Creation over too with their rabid anti-magitech boner. Christ.

And while I'm at it with finely parsing the Merits section, what the fuck is up with the classification of merits into Innate, Purchased and Story?

The following are "Innate", meaning you're either born with them or not, and can only acquire them through magical intervention:
>Ambidextrous
>Danger Sense
>Direction Sense
>Natural Immunity

And the following are "Purchased" which you can get through mundane training:
>Boundless Endurance
>Fast Reflexes
>Fleet of Foot
>Pain Tolerance
>Mighty Thew
>Quick Draw
>Tempered by the Elements
>Iron Stomach

So apparently I can practice eating shit until shit becomes nutritious and I recover very fast from getting sick when I eat shit, but I can't practice eating shit until I don't get sick from eating it in the first place. All my lifting, running and sweating can make me extra fleet, strong and inured to pain, but it can't make me a whit healthier. I can also practice drawing my weapon faster and responding to danger faster, but not noticing danger better, and I can't practice using my weapon with my off-hand. I can wander around the frozen North and wade through the frost until deep snow doesn't count as difficult terrain any more, but I can't learn to navigate well enough to always know where the fucking North Pole is unless the God of Navigation blesses me or something.

Did they flip a fucking coin for half of these? At least the "Story" merits form a reasonable group of not-for-sale stuff, even if removing the xp cost turns them into a hell of dependency on ST generosity.

>Exalted is shit

This is known user. Focus on the fact that 3e is at least less shit

I also preferred the bizarre thematic distinction of Yozi charms. You can indeed map most of the existing 2e Infernal Charms to Abilities, but they would lose a lot of flavour.
It is understandable why do the developers intend to streamline the Charms - it is easier to write, manage and balance them that way, and Charm trees are easier to follow. But I don't think it is actually good for GSP conceptually - they are supposed to be bizarre, breaking the molds and transcending boundaries. As a player I am willing to sacrifice that ease of use for the flavour.

Although I wouldn't mind conventional Excellencies.

Just like Sidereals have Solars Charms but starry, right?

>"Solar charms but WACKY FATE SHENANIGANS"

How widespread is the worship is of Incarna? A player wanted to create a character which worship lunar. (Although he will be a solar.)

Basically, the Immaculates would ban it, most other people can worship whatever they want.

Its garbage, the only homebrew worth looking at is the DB one

I'm just going to leave this very relevant PDF here in case anyone likes the thought of rules lite d20 exalted.

please don't lynch me

is this the final deluxe release?

nah thats over the 8mb limit.

Apologies for this post, I didnt think it actually went through.

There's a whole day every week to Luna.

Fuck off

Don't give a shit, this is the exalted thread.

There's rules for not solars, not sidereals, not lunars, and not dragonblooded

at least in the kickstartered deluxe edition

pls dont sue

>Bureaucracy Supernal

You're a fucking faggot.

Let's get some discussion going.
What's your Circle like Veeky Forums?

An Eclipse diplomat, a Zenith sorcerer, and a Dawn spy. It's going about as well as could be expected.

>Dawn Spy
Do tell.

Athletics Supernal Night who was a pirate captain for an Abyssal fleet. Think Ivy Valentine meets Power Girl. Obsessed with collecting artifacts.

Presence Supernal Zenith who is trained as a bard in the Silver Nightingale School. Hates the undead and MoW in particular since he lived in Thorns. Obsessed with teaching people and giving them Intimacies about how awesome he is.

Bureaucracy Supernal Twilight who wants to be Colossus + Professor Xavier and rule the criminal underworld by conquering all the other gangs with super-legalese and metal skin.

Resistance Supernal Dawn from House Mnemon who flunked out of the Immaculate Order after spending his entire life getting beat up by his Dragonblooded peers for being unExalted. Uses MMA grappling instead of normal Martial Arts, and is secretly formulating plans to conquer the Realm. Is being stalked by his Lunar waifu, who may or may not be a dude, and keeps leaving dead animals on his pillow.

>Nobody notices them as long as they remain unobtrusive, but they can be noticed if the person has a major/defining intimacy to something their presence threatens
But:
>As long as they're dressed and behaving right, they can't be considered suspicious-or threatening
And:
>They can create a magical extraordinary disguise that even magic has a hard time seeing through-even if it does, it only detects a disguise

I foresee this getting a lot more use than their actual supernal ability because the Eclipse is great at talking people down from fighting.

It's story time anonymous.
Don't just tell me what kind of people are in your circle, give me a story that showcases who they are!

As a person who homebrewed a shitton of the Yozi charms, I can tell why they did this: Its easy for the splat balance.

I am a massive whore who loves creative charm abuse
How would you break these two charms Veeky Forums?

In Tomes, Secrets Found in Ungiven Gifts
Cost: 5m, 1wp
Type: Reflexive
Duration: Instant
Keywords: Perilous
Mins: Lore 5, Essence 3

The Solar searches through her vast library of knowledge, picking from her brain four winding threads of essence that paint the pictures of her thoughts and presents them to her a single foe she has chosen.
The Solar selects up to four charms or evocations and presents them to an opponent. Her foe chooses two of the four charms she presents.
The two charms or evocations her opponent choose are then *sealed* until the end of the battle.
The Solar may flurry the two remaining charms together, incurring no flurry penalty. In addition, until the end of the round, the Solar may cast the cheaper of the two charms at no cost.

Ephemeral Sunrise of the Imminent Dawn
Cost: 7m, 1wp, 3a
Type: Simple
Duration: Round
Mins: Lore 5, Essence 5
Keywords: Perilous

The Solar pulls from the essence of the narrative of heroes, eating the history of creation as she writes the climax of the battle's tale.
As the threads of narrative causality are laid before her, the Solar's anima flares to it's bonfire state, as she fully expends the entirety of her essence pools.
She then picks up to five unique charms, evocations, or combat actions, queueing them in any order she wishes into a flurry that incurs no penalty.
The remainder of her charms are then *sealed* until the end of the battle.
The Solar then flurries with her five chosen charms, evocations, or combat actions, declaring their order as she wishes, incurring no flurry penalty, and ignoring any cost to use charms or evocations.
During this special flurry, she receives (Essence/2, rounded up) free full excellencies that may be used with any roll for an action in her flurry.
After her flurry finishes, the Solar resets to base initiative.
Ephemeral Sunrise of the Imminent Dawn may only be used once per story.

These make no sense as Solar Charms.

>"four unique charms or evocations that have different names"
Forgot that part. That part is extremely important to the flavor of the charm.

An update for:

I have readded Charm descriptons, still missing them for Evocations and the new Miracles of the Solar Exalted Charms. Charm spreadsheet user, wherever you are, I seem to recall you saying you were working on summaries for the Miracle Charms.

If anyone would like to create summaries for the Evocations in the same vein I'd gladly add them to the sheet.

And since it was mentioned earlier in the thread and I've been enjoying the content so far, would anyone be interested in me adding the Homebrew Sidereal supplement Where Fate Has Led?
docs.google.com/document/d/1T4FTsSprLYd8KWXgE5Rr1x7C9_B6Ln5cnGN8HF7a3Vk/edit#heading=h.ccagel7i0hsv

For reference.

So, this video has Witcher 3 spoilers if you care, but this is literally exactly how I picture someone with lots of Ox Body Techniques working in practice:
youtu.be/lmFn54lVxeI?t=2m20s

The ability to just shrug off clearly deadly/debilitating wounds without so much as a shrug. You don't not-get-hurt, nor even get-hurt-less. It's just not even a problem.

I just wanted to say that this is the most concise rundown on the xp/bp devide I've seen on these threads.

BANNED. Seriously, these charms are so broken and stupid it's not even funny.

What Circle? I'm playing a lone Night Caste and the GM hasn't found anyone else yet.

Help me balance and tone them down.
My usual process is >Design as a broke Solar charm because they're easy to design for >tone down from there >tone down further if I want it for a Dragon-blood

The intent of "In Tomes, Secrets Found in Ungiven Gifts" is that it gives the receiver the illusion of choice. The optimal usage would be four similar but different charms that achieve the same goal, so no matter what the opponent chooses to seal, you get what you want.
Ah, I think I forgot to add "Once per fight" into it.

As for the second, "Ephemeral Sunrise of the Imminent Dawn", the intent is to offer the Solar five actions in which they *must* win, an all or nothing moment of heroism and glory, at the expense of all their resources (their entire mote pool) and all their tricks and advantages (all their charms, bar up to five). There's something that speaks to me about listing your plan to the world, and proclaiming, 'I am victorious'.

Do you think the "up to three free excellencies at essence 5" is too much? I threw that in at the last moment for that charm.
Or maybe treat the flurry over all as one single defense? Defending once against any attack in the flurry makes you untargetable for any remaining action in the flurry? Perfect defenses defend against the entire flurry at once? I wanted to do

I fully admit, I love big, splashy charms that enable absolutely crazy things, but I also hate 'I win' buttons. I love charms and abilities that turn something like 'I win' buttons into complex puzzle or heavy restrictions that force me to be creative in how they're 'solved'.

What would you suggest I change or add to reinforce the intent and goal of the charm?

These aren't going to be for any player, just for the record. I'm planning to give these to two different antagonists that the circle will eventually fight.

If you're playing a Night Caste properly, he shouldn't have found you, either.

I was looking for others contributing descriptions, I couldn't be assed making them all myself, and it's hard to know if they feel right compared to the others we have.

I can see a lot of value in all the popular fan conversions being added, but it's a lot of work, good luck.

The strange thing I've realized about Exalted is that - oddly enough - there's very little reason for Solars to travel together. I mean, even the canonical circles have each guy go off on his own, and they only team up occasionally.

Having five Solars in one place is basically a walking nuclear bomb. It's like, when you have five Solars ganging up on an opponent, that opponent is dead. It's only tricky when you're fighting the Wyld Hunt or something.

The way we run our campaign, is that for something like 90% of the time, our individual characters are doing their own things. We have a little subsystem for running downtime that involves characters persuing their personal goals (growing cults, expanding influence, conquering small, inconsequential pieces of real estate, etc).

But every once in a while, one of the group puts up the bat signal, and they all come together to meet a bigger threat, and that's what our gaming sessions are.

It also lets us progress large-scale events (like the Realm Civil War) at a reasonable time-line, because there's frequently 6-month gaps between Stories.

>There's very little reason for solars to travel together

This really really depends on how the storyteller does things. The main reason solars should stick together is because the competent wyld hunt makes meals out of a single solar goofing off alone. And to be honest they should stay together because they're very little they can not accomplish together and a circle of Solars is a wyld hunt nightmare as most non-PC Solars do not form a group. WHEN they do though you get a serious issue like the Bull of the North.

Although yeah most exalted are absurdly competent enough that they do not need each other. They are pretty much superheroes like batman and superman before they meet up with a circle. Then, they become the justice league.

Why would immaculate ban this? I thought they were cool with the incarnae.