>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2
mega.nz/#!7lZ2yDYI!ANWwfQHiJjr5ZbH6sfyruGRPGgWiDjso2uSGyJem1lg

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread

I don't even play, but the smugness of order can be seen from here

I'm actually kinda surprised Death managed to come back so strong in the battle for the Living City. For a time it looked like they were BTFO, but now they're fairly strong.

I can't belive that 40k is a worse game.

>yfw Death takes over the realm of life
>yfw Araellie has to go crawling back to her Husbando in Azyr
>yfw Death gets the newest book and gets its deserved posistion of Protag faction
>Mfw Nagash responds to one of my millions of letters I sent him, telling me how awesome I did, and that i've been promoted to Mortarch.

any guesses on point cost for the silver tower heroes?

I'm guessing the Knight Questor is going to be budget as fuck, 80 points.

Excelsior war priest probably 100, comes with that gryph hound for free though so maybe a bit more.

I know everyone wants just to play their favourite armies and stuff but...
really
You guys do you REALLY want the stormcasts to win?
i play chaos, but id love to see a city or two conquered by either death or destruction.

40k is suffering the consequences of changing routes too many times and inconsistently updating stuff.

AoS is already seeing this with the sylvaneth book, but you can hope the new management is quick to fix the errors before they become too numerous and too different all over the years

As a long time 40k player, I have begun to painfully come to this conclusion as well. Although rumors are looking at 8th edition next year, and the staff are trying to address the common concern that 40k has become way too overbloated and too complex for its own good.

So rumors are pointing to a streamlining of the rules, maybe not to an AoS level, but a slimming down.

I really have no desire to play 40k lately until I start to see how 8th will turn out.

I don't want sigmarines to win

I simply want chaos to lose

I love that AOS is a better game

ANYONE can have the Realm of Life so long as it isn't the god of fucking Death. Also, you think Order winning means the Stormcasts win. Since we're playing in the Realm of Life, if anything it'll be Alarielle using her powerful legs to punt the other fucks out of her realm.
I'll use my Nurgle army until I have a sizable chunk of Sylvaneth ready and then I'll help level the playing field.

pretty sure the Silver Tower stuff ain't gettin points. At least not until the Tzeentch release later this year.

I play Chaos... well, Skaven, and I think Order should win. Right now everything is overrn by Chaos anyways, so getting some actually build up Order cities makes the fluff that much more interesting.

Ok so I revised my list for the LVO. The more I looked at the hammerstrike force, the more I liked it. Unfortunately it meant that I had to drop a unit of irondrakes and my runelord. But I think this will be a stronger list overall. Rets and most SCE suffer from mobility, and this battalion will hopefully fix that.

The only thing I really don' like about this list is it feels paintfully obvious I am lacking a priest and some antimagic. I am having a hard time deciding what I could drop to get a runelord.

They have warscrolls and it's not like they're OP. They're even in the App

Honestly for 40k I want less special rules and weapon abilities. Each unit has 4 differant abilities and each weapon ahas five differant qualities tone that shit down nigga

>waiting desperately for the 8th Edition to fix past mistakes
a-user, I...

30k showed how fun the base 40k game can be when you throw away everything and start over.

Gryph-hounds are 40 and the Excelsior is one of the top heroes of the set, so I'd say anything below 140 would be a surprise.
Knight-Questor, Darkoath Chieftain and Doomseeker will be 80 or 100, either would be fine.
Tenebral Shard for anything below 180 would be nuts.
Mistweaver Sayh I have no idea. Her spell is crap, that much is for certain.
The Gaunt Summoner has one of the best damage spells in the game, but lacks flight, so I assume he'll cost the same as his sibling.
The Ogroid Thaumaturge is pretty beastly and versatile, so maybe around 200?

Well, none of the Heroes are OP, but if you claim the Ogroid and the Summoner('s unique spell) aren't a bit too powerful, then we need to have a little discussion.

Then win with seraphon

I just want to play my necrons with them

Well they've shown they're pretty willing to price powerful units appropriately.

Archaons great but he's 700, the unassuming vexillor costs as much as a Celestant and a Castellant put together

God only knows why Alarielle is only 620 but whatever

You know, I have technically no problem with Order winning, I just have a problem with Seras, Stormcasts and Fyreslayers winning, which unfortunately currently comprises like 80% of all Order armies.

'Lightning hammer to the face' tends to be fairly potent antimagic.
More seriously, do you really need 10 Retributors? I mean, drop one squad of those and replace the batallion&Prosecutors with a Knight-Vexillor, same mobility and you have 240 points to pick up more dorfy stuff with.

I personally like it when the core rules are slim and the army rules are complex.

Well, I think Alarielle's cost is mainly because of her Command. I mean, compare her Command to Archaon's, Gordrakk's and even Nagash's and weep. Heck, if I played her, I'd probably still make an Ancient my General because his Command is at least not one-use only.
Yes, she is a fucking freight train, with cap Movement and ridiculous melee damage, but her buff potential is lacking to say the least (and the healing pulse doesn't affect Dryads and Revenants).

>not liking seraphon

Yeah, Alarielle and Drycha are costed way below what they can do. Bafflingly so. In fact, I would argue that Alarielle would be more appropriately costed at 900, same as fucking Nagash.

>pay 100 points to make my great unit and my whatever scout unit do useful stuff

>or pay 200 points for a guy who will teleport one unit and then not do anything the rest of the game

Vexillors good but you need to layer him with more deep strikes

That's an interesting thought. I'll fiddle with that.

When are the based bros Tyrion and Teclis going to return?
I need some Aelves and tree sluts don't count!

Well they are both literally gods, so they should cost a fuck ton

10 retributors might as well be named "8 mortal wounds before we actually roll any attack dice: the unit"

They're fantastic

In fact I can't really think of any other Stormcast unit that deserves to have 10 guys on the field more than retributors.

>not liking people buying Skinks then getting pissy when you don't let them play those as Chameleon Skinks
>not liking the smug look when they tell you about their 1+ rerollable saves
>not liking them throwing a tantrum and storming off when you show them you have a way to deal with above-mentioned 1+ rerollable saves
>not liking it when your fucking Heroes are slowly being fucked by their bullshit comets
>not liking it when they bitch about how underpowered all their shit is
Not seeing any problem with this, sempai

The problem with 40k isn't the rules, its its player base. You can search far and wide for a game that has more "un-written moral rules" and so many "do´s and don'ts'" and still end up with nothing.
The game itself present a good fiction in GW style, cool models and the potential for great community. The game itself is good, if players could actually just play the fucking game as it is written in the rules. But they cant, the latest draft of TAU FAQ is just what I'm talking about. Here you have staff members actually having to answer questions about rules that are, on black and white, already described in the rule book, because some butt hurt hurdurr of a neckbeard cant adjust to the RAW.
And how do the community great this "revelation"? They whine on and on on how bad GW is for ruling against their special snowflake (I am, for you who are interested, of course speaking of the Stormsurge anchor mechanics and what happens when you Tankshock it).

This is just one example of what I'm talking about, most of 40k is built on this. Moral rules that hinders players from playing what they want, lest they be branded WAAC players. Un-official "should do´s" such as giving your opponent the opportunity to cheat with distances and re-do former moves and attacks if you want to be a "good sports". Not to mention, you cant refer to the actual rule book to many times, or you will be that guy, a rule-lawyer, that no one will play.

So, to conclude, 40k is a good game even though GW is notorious for writing bad rules, based more on fluff and models and less about actual balance. But I say the players are what brings the game down.

Drycha even moreso than Alarielle imo. But ye, seeing her just a few points more than fucking Thanquol is kinda bonkers.

sounds like you hate seraphon players, and that's fair

you'll find shitty people playing every faction

As underwhelming as Celestant prime seems at first, I do think he's actually appropriately priced. He's just not a no brainer

>Implying Chaos Allegiance
I spit on the Three-eyed King and all lesser clans!

BURN THE BLADE-UNSEEN
TORCH THE FLESH-SHAPER
SLAUGHTER THE SEERS
DEFILE THE VERMINUS
GAS THE TECH-HERETIC

First true aspect
Second withering
THIRD CIVIL WAR NOW

celestant prime is a beast. he waits 2 turns, enters the game and RAPES HARD everything that moves.
For 360 points, he's fair.
you just have to use him wisely because he will do no more than 2 rounds of combat.

>Moral rules that hinders players from playing what they want, lest they be branded WAAC players.

This isn't unique to 40k.

>Un-official "should do´s" such as giving your opponent the opportunity to cheat with distances and re-do former moves and attacks if you want to be a "good sports"

Playing for fun? Sure. Playing in tournaments? Sorry, no re-dos and no fumbling with distances. Also, not unique to 40k.

All very true, but then there's also the recent flyer expansion and fuck that convoluted mess.

I really hope Archaon dies.
Other Lords of Chaos need time to shine.

We will exit the Chaos Union! Skaxit now!

Not going to happen. He's got a big nasty shiny model kit. They wouldn't kill him off. Make him lose a battle? Sure.

>Buying model A
>Play it as model B

This is a problem is in part two folded. GW has always been for conversions, and so I think that a good represented model, such as a converted plastic skink with appropriate weapons and paintjob should be good enough to play as a Chameleon Skink.
The problem arise when you play Mr.Grey, who only fiends unpainted blobs of grey armies, and tries to pull of the same skid. Ok, sure, if he has gone through the trouble of actually converting them, I might let it slip.
But its a fine line on where "counts as" and a good conversion goes.

Oh he's great, but I think people were expecting a hardass Order equivalent of Archaon (kinda like Karl Franz Ascendent in End Times) but instead they got a fairly unique end game piece

Rot-wither the tree-things with realms for the Great Corruptor!!!

This so hard. Played AoS right next to the 40k table a couple days ago. Got through 2 games before they'd even started the first turn, bla bla flyers, warlord traits, explaining what each of their half dozen bullshit formations do, rolling for terrain, rolling for missions... We finished our fourth game when their flyers arrived. 2500 points per side is big yes, but not 3 hours before the first model is moved big.

Verminlord corruptor safe shit. Play a real army ratfag.

We will wait until the season ends, if Chaos still stands strong, we will decide. If they fall we leave quickly, all clans report to HQ

Then the Battle for Blight-City can begin

YES-YES. CHAOS-THINGS WEAK. FOR THE GREAT HORNED ONE!!!

And that's the reason most people tend to play him as a mobile cannon. In a game that is effectively over by turn 4 it's generally not that great an idea to hold back a substantial investment for half the game to possibly fuck over one enemy unit after probably using the orrery to guarantee the charge. And he can still miss with those attacks. And he's still tremendously fragile.
Meanwhile, using the comet from turn 1 with maximum blast is a significant amount of guaranteed damage spread across multiple units. Reliability like that is great to have.

This. I'm all for conversion, but don't just buy something cheaper and count it as something super-strong.

I'd rather burn-burn those!

Or drop a moon on them, works too.

If that is cool-chill with you, V.C.

t. Lizard-cuck

Stay mad Star-drake. This is now a Skaven thread

Filthy Clan Pestilens is full of remain-stay voter! Want to fraternize with their Nurgle-things, need free travel within the Chaos Union.

>ardass Order equivalent of Archaon
isn't that the stardrake?
big problem of 40k ARE the rules.
they are complex not in agood way-almost everything takes forever without adding strategy, or even fun.
the new codices are trying to make every army less uniques(tyranids have equipments like everyone else, necrons gets a second save instead of a badass resurrection)but that is not helping the game. Its just making it more bland.
40k needs a REAL new edition with real changes, and not just some tweaks here and there.
the core rules need to be slimmer; they need to be easier to remember and they need to be more fun. Im okay with ever army having special shit and unique gears. thats not the problem with 40k-its its fucking appeal.
Make ranged weapon have rend again instead of that shitty PV, make close combat reliable again, make not-superheavy vehicles decent again and the game can be fun again.

I kinda wish he had an extra rule which permanently gave him an extra attack for each model he kills, but that being said I wouldn't want to commit my Prime to melee until turn 3 anyway and keeping him back let's me make up for his fragility while giving him the alpha strike he needs to be effective.

Again, he's not a big Archaon monster but can be a quite good "delete one unit" coupon, which in the end game can make a ton of difference when everyone else is already wounded hopefully.

That being said though, if you do see the need for artillery in a game more than a big steroided deep strike unit, you always have the option to bring him in. The flexibility is pretty nice

Also hit him with a Celestant on foots buff if you can, making him hit on a 2+ really does bump his effectiveness.

>isn't that the star drake

Not really. The star drake just annihilates hordes and being extremely hard to kill. it's actually pretty fucking bad at dueling enemy heroes.

Well that's the nice thing though, in 2000 points he really isn't that big of an investment. Keeping back Archaon, Nagash or Alarielle is stupid. But keeping back your 360 point Prime isn't that bad, considering he's probably going to be following up your 440 point teleported retributors who came in the turn prior.

Curiously, the stardrake is also more of a shooty hero with some horde-mulching melee tacked on.
In actual combat it's just a celestant riding a vampire that will be outperformed by a freeguild general for half the price.
I loathe Archaon as much as the next guy, but that fluff bit of him dismantling three stardrakes at once is not *that* far of.

>dismantling three star drakes at once

I love that Sigmarines exist to job for Chaos now.

>This isn´t unique to 40k

Not unique, but sure enough to make it all but printed in the actual rules in just about every game. Lets face it, 40k players are notorious for their whiny attitude and shitty attitude.

Take a game like Warmahordes for instance where you actually try to build good list´s to face of each other. You have a logic that says "We both have the same restrictions, and we can both build the exact same lists, should we want to". In 40k, this isn't ok, if your list beats mine on paper, your a WAAC player and your army is OP, its as simple as that. Its like the fluff of your special snowflake is almost sacred to each and every neckbeard, and damn that bastard that tries to play you with a straight out better list.

>Playing for fun

Not necessarily fun, but just a regular game down at the local. Hell, anything bar "Tournament" to be exact. Because, Tournament is the only place players actually play 40k as it should be played, like a game.
And as earlier mentioned, not unique about moral rules, but 40k is in its own weight class when it comes to it.

What I'm getting at here is, sure your right, its not unique to 40k but it has a majority of players who follow these rules. This goes back a long time, hell , even when I started with GW about 17 years back, the talk about "sportsmanship" and what was "ok" and "not ok" was regularly talked about in the White Dwarf.
Problem is, this thinking process is still here, but GW has given the players the means to do some really cool combinations and lists that they probably never even thought about. And I'm not saying "go out and destroy your friends list", I'm saying don't judge, and try to adapt. If you all find yourself on a good power level, you all feel comfortable with, go with it, but don't whine like little bitches (as so many 40k players do....) when some one brings a better composed list.

Kind of a shame, it's not like Sylvaneth needed another smashy lord option. She would've worked a lot better with benefits to summoning and buffs over what they gave us, but I guess this way we get a goddamn awesome beetle mount for her.

To be entirely fair, everybody jobs to Archaon's bullshit, be they Stormcast, Fyreslayers or Nagash.

They're also fucking awesome models. Retributors are the best thing about the Stormcast so far, and the Drakoth Celestant.

In warmahordes if you brought a list that just hard counters mine and it's a casual game, I'll probably ask to either switch lists or if see if you could (if I can't)

That's not really viable in 40k as nobody comes to the store with two seperate 2,000 point lists.

Also you're a dick if you run a multiple knight list without letting your opponent retool for anti armor.

So I built a mock list with the knight-vexillor, and Im not sure Im sold on him. The guy is 200 points and I would be bringing him solely so I can teleport 1 unit of retributors. The alternative is the formation which is a bit cheaper, and I would be teleporting 2 units of retributors.

Taking the knight-vexillor would mean i would need to drop one unit of rets, and while that would get me my runelord, I don't know if hes worth it.

Besides taking a battalion is another artifact of order I can take.

So, I have lots of unfinished Lizardmen models.

What should I build them?

Saurus Warriors with Spears/Hand Weapons
Skinks with Blowpipes+Shields/Jav+Shields

Or what? For some reason my Handbook won't be here until like 23rd.

So which is the cheaper option? Hand Weapons seem to be the better damage one, but shorter range.

Yeah this is what I was saying

The vexillor is great when it's combined with other deep strike mechanics

Celestant Prime + Hammerstrike + Vexillor delivered Protectors?

Fucking nasty. You can completely pick apart the enemy and have them completely surrounded by Paladins and a comet vomitting asshole.

And yeah give Celestant prime an artifact. Damage 4 or Rend -4 Ghal Maraz, why the fuck not.

Honestly, I dont understand why Nagash and Death is being hated so much. They honestly are all cool dudes! Especially Nagash himself! Why not join death? I mean, consider the following:
>Have a immortal god who cares for you, for Nagash is All
>Skeletons and Zombies do all the hard work, and every enemy that dies is ally to you
>Have a chance to turn into a kick ass Ghost when you die
>Guranteed afterlife, only god that can claim that
>You never have to worry about fighting; Undead do that for you
>You have the chance of becoming a Kick ass Vampire or Wight king
>You get all kinds of kickass powers, and the ability to shape shift, along with immortality
>All you have to do is give a little blood.
>Has sweet ass rides, like Black Coaches or Necrosphinxez
>Into cannibalism or a Brettonian LARPer? No problem, just join up with a flesh eater court, and pretend your a knight
>Has the best love stories, ala Arkhan and Nefereta, Isabella and Vlad
>Nagash can take on Archaeon in a fist fight, not afraid to get his hands dirty like Sigmar
>Is actually around, and can do stuff, unlike Goldenboy Grimner
>Isnt tripping on a sap period like Araellie, nor will he make you blow treeman dick
>Isn't a Autistic Split-personality freak likr Gorkamorka
>Very forgiving, takes a lot to piss him off. Look at Mannfred, has to end the world TWICE for Nagash to kill him.
>Is the most sexy of gods, appreciates the finer things.
>Probably wont dump a city on your realm for no reason.

And finally, if you don't serve him now, you'll serve him when you die! Better now than later, am I right or am I right?

Im pretty sure you cant give the celestant-prime an artifact because he's a special character. But im not taking one anyway in my LVO list.

The only special rule for unique characters is that you can only take one. Give them all the gear you'd like unless there's something specific in the Generals Handbook saying otherwise.

But regardless, a second artifact is pretty sweet no matter who it's on. Stormcast in particular need more sources of -2 rend

>Damage 4 or Rend -4 Ghal Maraz

LAUGHING MOURNGUL.jpg

Also, Celestant Prime cannot be given an artefact.

Why does it all have to be about Archeaon? He's boring even armless abaddon is more interesting in his goofy way, and now the chaos gods are scared of him? What the fuck?

I'm not saying I like AoS Archaon but he's definitely better than Ezekyle "I have literally never done anything with my life" Abaddon

>unless there's something specific in the Generals Handbook saying otherwise.
It doesnt specifically list the celestant-prime, but he technically is a named character. We may need this FAQd, which apparently they plan on releasing one with the generals handbook.

Besides, I don't know why you would want to give the rend artifact to him, as -3 rend is already beastly and in most cases pretty overkill. If anything I would do the additional damage one.

oh I see, must have missed that part. And yeah Celestant Prime has his own fucking tag of "Celestant Prime", he's a named character.

I'm going to run the numbers but I'm pretty sure damage 4 would work way better than -4 rend (which is actually relevant because 3+ save models still get a 6+ against -3 and we need all the probabilities working for us in math hammer)

That being said, the human griffin general with legendary fighter, the hammer and +1 damage will start getting similar really quick

what are the best on-foot beatsticks people can work out of generic leaders?

On foot guys tend to be kinda...lackluster in the offense department. The guys on big bases will start going ape shit with little encouragement.

>And finally, if you don't serve him now, you'll serve him when you die!
Unless you are a stormcast eternal! Take that nagash!

I wonder if Order having the most battletomes so far and thus access to the most battalions (Not to mention the Sylvaneth release being quite popular and having the first battletome with its own Battle and Command Traits, and artifacts and relics.) is why it's doing so well now at the start. Granted, Fyreslayers received something of a lukewarm reception.

Will be interesting to see if the release of the Bonesplittas battletome will give Destruction a boost.

THIEVES, YOU THIEVES! You liar, dirty golden stealers, you!

Sigmar is a dirty barbarian who almost cost Nagash his godhood, and now has the audacity to try and take what is rightfully Nagashes! You wouldn't steal a lightening bolt, would you?

I'm reporting this to the Mortarchs!

>naga she supporter
>uses sjwven shitverse pic
Big surprise

sunblood can get pretty beastly, but he's a great beatstick even vanilla

>7 wounds
>ignores rend under -3
>command ability lets him re-roll failed hits and wounds
>SEVEN attacks, five of which can explode on 6's to hit or wound

>replying to RPfags
>replying to Carnac

these are things you don't do

See, this is what im talking about! We need to take back what is ours from Sigmar! Those Souls don't grow on trees you know!

Megaboss is ait, I suppose. For his cost.

Yeah so a griffin general using his own buff with his hammer, legendary fighter and the +1 damage upgrade will shit out 4.44 unsaved wounds against a 3+ save enemy.

His own griffin with his own buff will put out 5.9 unsaved wounds.

This fucker almost out damages the Celestant prime on turn 3, Prime only wins because of his comet and only barely

How does a Oldblood on Carnosaur using his own buff on his Spear workout?

spears, the range lets you fight in two ranks and get all your attacks off

So, question, would any of you care if someone used one model for another, albeit heavily converted? I bought the Mistweaver from the Silvertower, and I plan to run her as a Chaos Sorceress, after a little work. But would any of you guys care?

Let's be honest here, we all know which general is stronger. Fyreslayers master race.

no one cared in the old game, they'll care even less in this one

just tell your opponent what your heroes are before deploying anything to avoid any confusion

I'm trying to figure out exactly how to paint my space lizard's weapons. Obv. some of the figures are not done, but weapons will have a gold trim. I'm attempting to show captured kind of a celestial energy in their weapons.

Any votes for 1,2, or 3? Any suggestions for other options to fit this idea?

So my friend and I are trying to teach our mutual friend how to play tabletop games, and we thought it'd be best to start with Age of Sigmar's system considering that it's designed to be as simple and accessable to new players as possible.

Considering that I have a small nurgle force I have been painting up iver the last few months, and she's interested in Slaanesh, I thought we would run a little mini campaign wherein Tzeentch, Slaanesh, and Nurgle daemons have a fight over some part of the realm of chaos, escalating our forces over time, eventually graduating to 40k's more complex system once she has a good grasp of how GW tabletop games generally work.

I was thinking we would start with similar armies, one box of basic daemon troops for our patron god, one herald for our god, and one beast/fiend/flamer. Is that going to be balanced enough that she won't get rolled, or will I have to give her access to chariots or slaanesh cavalry?

Also, are there any rules that someone could accidentally abuse with a list like that? I think we'll disallow summoning, at least for the first few games, just to be fair to her as she has basically no models.

Looking to run a "weirdfist" mob can anyone give advice on it?

Also how do people use godrakk considering if you charge early he gets mobbed and he can cockblock the rest of your units with his big base, but if you keep him back he gets shot to shit.

With the new summoning rules and the rules of one or whatever it's called Nagash is way overcosted.

it gets even better when you stack some buffs

>bloodclaw starhost
>oldblood on carnosaur command ability gives sunblood +2 attacks
>reroll all hit rolls through command ability
>oldblood gives reroll wound1
>mystic shield from slann
>skink starpriest gives him Starlight and double damage bites on wound6
>skink priest to give him reroll charge + save

You can go further and make him your general to give him +1 Attack and give him an artefact (+1 Rend is really good)

I love all the buff stacking that Seraphon can do

You are generally better off using it on the carnosaur jaws