Pauper

How am I just hearing about this format. Super fun.

Well, I advise begginers to learn how to deal with the most anal decks in the meta.
Izzet Blitz, Delver, Infect and Mono-Black Control.

If you can somehow deal with these decks, you're fine.

Here it's updated Soldiers List.
Feel free to use it. If you face way too many MBCs on your Meta, you may want to swap Elite Vanguard with Thraben Inspector and bring Loyal Cathar and Desperate Sentry to the main board.

4 x Veteran Swordsmith
4 x Veteran Armorsmith
3 x Raise the Alarm
2 x Secluded Steppe
18 x Plains
3 x Topan Freeblade
4 x Gempalm Avenger
4 x War Falcon
2 x Bonesplitter
3 x Ballynock Cohort
3 x Ballyrush Banneret
4 x Elite Vanguard
3 x Celestial Flare
2 x Journey to Nowhere

Side
2 x Prismatic Strands
3 x Crimson Acolyte
3 x Loyal Cathar
2 x Desperate Sentry
2 x Disenchant
3 x Holy Light

Have you tried using deftblade elite+test of faith? It seems like a really neat combat trick.

>tfw job so not much time
It's pauper grinder viable?

>grapeshot banned
>etw banned

casual format for casuals?

Well user, you don't want storm in a format where gush is legal.

There is so much legacy draw power it isn't funny. Banning most storm is reasonable.

Playing delver fiend cause I had most of the cards. Looks fun and it's strange to think a format of Commons is can be more broken then standard.

I think that every actual storm wincon is banned actually.

Currently playing an GB(w) Tortured Existence deck, pretty fun for the most part. Has good matchups against slow grindy decks but it struggles with fast-paced decks ala blitz and delver.

>pitching a grave scrabbler to a wild mongrel and casting it for its madness cost
>grave scrabbler gets back an arrogant wurm
>pitch the wurm to mongrel and cast it for madness
>10 power on the board out of nowhere
delicious

Main:
1 Ambush Viper
4 Scoured Barrens
3 Blossoming Sands
1 Bojuka Bog
3 Satyr Wayfinder
4 Arrogant Wurm
2 Gurmag Angler
3 Golgari Brownscale
4 Golgari Guildgate
4 Grave Scrabbler
4 Jungle Hollow
3 Leafcrown Dryad
2 Forest
4 Wild Mongrel
2 Putrid Imp
4 Tortured Existence
2 Auramancer
2 Tilling Treefolk
1 Stinkweed Imp
5 Swamp
1 Tranquil Thicket
1 Seal of Doom

Side:
2 Circle of Protection: Red
2 Dead Weight
2 Faerie Macabre
2 Gurmag Angler
2 Mesmeric Fiend
1 Qasali Pridemage
2 Gnaw to the Bone

I just got into the format and I've been fucking with this too.

I've noticed that most variants of this deck have some kind of aggro slant, either going the wild mongrel path (with arrogant wurm, rootwalla, sometimes vampire hounds) or carrion feeder (bunch of guys that have nice death triggers)

I don't really like either one so I've been feeling out the deck without either to see where I want to go with it. Right now Crypt Rats is what ends up being my wincon most consistently, and I think it's the best card in the deck besides. Casting Street Wraiths are also pretty good against anything running swamps as I can keep the board locked up pretty nicely a couple different ways, but my swampwalkers always get through.

mana is a mess right now and I've been subbing in one ofs to test

these two cards right here are the dream team though, there are few things I get more satisfaction from in magic than having some teachings player locked out of everything with these guys

I want crypt rats too but they're exortionally priced on mtgo for a common, and the pauper scene around my area is non-existent so mtgo is the only option I really have.

I forgot, here's my current list

some other cards I've been testing are Festercreep, Thrull Surgeon, Predatory Nightstalker, Abyssal Gatekeeper, Vulturous Aven (really didn't like this one, much rather have street wraiths), Undergrowth Scavenger, and if there was some kind of eternal witness in the format I would love haunting misery as a wincon

Crypt Rats is so degenerate.

oh also getting a fume spitter/wickerbough elder party going against affinity is fun times

Isn't that kind of cheating? I don't think Chainer's Edict was printed as common?

vintage masters

Printed as a common in Vintage masters.

Chainer's Edict was a common in Vintage Masters.

Isn't that a MTGO set, though?

It was printed at common in VMA, which makes it legal on MTGO, and probably in paper.

Pauper is played mostly on MTGO

I just didn't think the rarities carried over. You can't play Hymn or Goblin Grenade online so I assumed the reverse was true of Online-only commons.

Most people adhere to the Online rulings, otherwise you'd get Hymns, Grenades and Sinkholes running around.

Ye. You gotta use the MTGO-banned list for the format to make sense. Otherwise you suddenly have to worry about things like Sinkholes and Lotus Petals showing up in paper that the list doesn't account for.

lotus petal is a common both online and offline

>Opponent plays turn 1 delver and passes
>I play turn 1 thraben inspector and pass
>Opponent scoops and leaves the lobby

fucking what

Run Crypt Rats to deal with fast decks. Recurring Crypt Rats (+lifegain so you don't kill youself) is backbreaking for many aggro decks.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Try Vault of Whispers.
Extra Affinity and far better odds of having a creature with Metalcraft up on turn 2.

Yeah, my store house bans hymm.

The ban list is carried over if its uncommon or rare on mtgo you can't use it in paper pauper

Yeah, i'm running 4 Vaults now. Works quite well.

Played it 3-4 times tonight vs some guy with a janky Modern (non-pauper) deck - he moaned about me using 'Cheesey Artifact Lands' and a 'Legacy Pauper deck'.

MFW

That's not a cat, that's an owl.

delet this

It does.
But I wonder if I should replace War Falcon or Elite Vanguard. They give a decent clock to most decks, also I need a slot for Test of Faith.

Pauper seems interesting but all the local gaming stores near me only play Standard and hardly anyone plays eternal formats like Modern or EDH. How can I convince anyone to play Pauper?

bring a couple of decks out for them to try?