Connected to FairlightNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Hacking_For_Dinguses.skllchp
>Fairlight_Electronics_Expo_Catalogue.pdf
>Early Adopters: Fairlight Master Race or Glitching Idiots?.txt
>Tr0llsG0neW1ld.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 39 (2% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled "Welcome back to the Shadowlands, B*ssy!"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running PoorLittleElfGuy.BTL...

>Watch your (troll girlfriend's) back
>Shoot straight (onto your troll girlfriend's back)
>Conserve ammo (your troll girlfriend needs it)
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/4kf93b/that_guy_storytime_the_shadowrunner_team_trust/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So how much of a bad idea it is to have

>Allergy, Extreme: Soy-based food

Better hope you're not poor, chummer
>make those runs count

Oi Chummers!
Any recent story's?

A guy in my group is trying this next run

My Fantasy Urban Brawl lineup is set, and I'm ready for the playoffs! I've got 200k nuyen riding on this season, so the SK Essen Centurios and the New York Slashers better bring it, or I'm in for a drek load of mafia debts.

Flexfingers crossed

if I take schooling to reduce my initiation cost does that apply to all future initiations or just the one

>schooling

Am I missing something is the idea of credsticks having a maximum amount of money they can carry dumb

*am I missing something OR is the idea...

Have you heard of credit limits user

no

You can still eat krill meat

It applies to each initiation for which you're receiving it. It doesn't stack, if that's what you're thinking.

>out of fragging highlighter pigment, so I can't finish this until tomorrow

Anyone else a fulltime jobfag here? I live with my player/GM and we barely find time to game. We end up getting in a one or two hour session every other week and I end up jonesing for runs and draw stupid shit in my downtime to sate my cyberpunk addiction. Shadowrun feels even tougher than World of Darkness because it involves so much more groundwork and planning.

How do you find the time? Does planning weekly game nights actually work for people with alternating schedules?

That's right! Even DUMB people understand the VALUE of having an UNLIMITED capacity on a credstick! Order your DIAMOND level credstick RIGHT NOW!

Make sure you walk down this particularly dark alley when you acquire it, so I can relieve you of your ONE credstick with all
>all
Of your funds.
Because splitting up your fortune between multiple certifieds isn't smart or safe at all, you should deinitely carry the equivalent of your entire savings account in liquid nuyen on your person at all times.

Pretty sure diamond (or whatever they're called? pretty sure they're not even in the core books) level credsticks would be outfitted with personal attack helicopters and HTR squads for good measure.

Like a pesky little high threat response team or a helicopter is gonna be an even slight inconvenience to a decent shadowrunner.

>shadowrunner
>decent
pick one

Also, how would mafia suitcases look in Shadowrun? Cases with several credsticks of lowest security level?

I mean, obviously you don't want all your cash in one easily lost place. Sure, I get that.

But why would there even be different types of credsticks? Just have one universal credstick, since all that is stored inside is an encrypted number.

Why make the credstick that has one billion nuyen look different then the credstick that has 10 nuyen? Doesn't that just makes it easier to steal?

>Black Amex
>American Express Centurion Card
Lots of creditors and banks offer special perks and rewards to people with high balances, supreme credit, or in the Black Card's case, by invitation only (based off of a ludicrously high net worth).
I'd assume it works similarly in shadowrun. After all, credsticks, even certs, are still issued by financial institutions. You sign up for an Ebony cred, you probably pay an annual fee, but you get a higher nuyen line, probably kickback on your purchases, discounts on airlines, I don't know.
Read the fine print on the application form.

>why would a company cripple their own products, just so they can charge more for the un-crippled version?

*meant to elaborate.
Different levels of credsticks probably have different levels of perks. Not only that, but it's
>easy class distinction
>locks SINless out of easy access to large funds
I mean, we're in a cyberpunk dystopia. Why wouldn't Megacorporations try to cater to the rich and snub the poor?

Since we're talking about cash, how does your Johnson pays his runners?

>a) cash divided in several Standard credsticks
>b) cash in a big bundle on a single appropriate credstick
>c) you don't even pay attention to this

I'll admit I do c) myself.

Depends on the Johnson. Most will use a) some will pick b) with the cred already put into (runners in your team) credsticks

Johnson pays whoever the face or team leader is, leader disperses the funds.
My decker/face got a prototype from Fuchi for a run once and then had to pay out his team from his own pocket in equivalent nuyen. He did something similar whe he got blacmailed by Knight Errant and basically payed his own team to help him do his coerced run.

Either with a direct bank transaction to the team's fixer, or a) and b). Most of the time it's not the team's job to count the money.

Escrow service.

>leader disperses the funds
Ew.

its security. Basically a high grade cred stick has a better security level and is therefor better designed for storing large amounts of funds.

From the technical side nothing would stop a bank from accepting a low grade credstick with a couple million on it. But I guess after the first forged el cheapo credstick who miraculously had 300 million on it they stopped that rather quickly.
If you have a problem with it, just get the highest grade credstick only and you pretty much wont have to worry about the limits anymore.

I prefer suitcases full of stuff that can be sold easy. For example a suitcase full of novacoke or Orichalcum, or for the lower rungs of society, a suitcase full of high grade comlinks.

One of my runner groups just puts it all figuratively in a collective account. Figuratively because it's not all in a single credstick or anything, but the idea is that the entire group just sort of shares the money depending on what's needed.

I always thought it was kinda weird. I think they're just too used to playing D&D computer games like baldurs gate and neverwinter nights.
Still, if that's how they want to do it I'm not gonna say no.

*shudder* half my players would run with the money the second they would get access to it. The other half would sell them out to the police / enemies first and then steal the money.

One of our longer running campaigns had a technomancer who came out about 3 years in game time after they have first meet. He'd allways pretended to be a regular decker.
It was a pretty close call, the remaining team nearly sold him out. Friend? Cool. Never having to work again? Better. In the end they feared that he would squeal on them if they deliver him to a corp. That saved his life.

reddit had a nice story a while back regarding inter party trust:
reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/4kf93b/that_guy_storytime_the_shadowrunner_team_trust/

We're playing Splintered State and I (the GM) want to end it with a dragon chasing a helicopter. How do I make that encounter interesting?

>single guy able to defeat entire party
>able to kill two guys before they can act

Man, 4e must have been a completely different beast.
In 5e it's hard to one-shot even a regular security corp, much less shadowrunners, and killing more than one guy per turn is an exercise in frustration without explosives.

I house-ruled in my table that any guard that has 2-3 left on their condition track is just out of combat to avoid the ridiculousness of someone getting shot by a submachinegun full out and just keep fighting with minor (-2 or -3) penalties.

>dragon chasing a helicopter
Make it a drake. Because dragons don't need to chase something to get it. They can just say that whoever gets them that thing will be paid a hefty sum of ¥.

there are plenty of dragons that went feral crazy and started fucking shit up all around in shadowrun.

Paper money still exists in Shadowrun. It's just that almost no bank, and thus almost no business, recognizes it as legal currency. Also, I don't remember too well but I think some corp scrip is also paper.

I have the opposite problem with my group, one of them maxed longarms to something like eighteen dice at chargen (I didn't notice because they were meant to be a pistol-wielding Infiltrator, so I checked up on that skill area)
Now, unless I ambush them, they can just drop two of anyone per phase, and if I can touch them, then the rest of the group can't do shit

4e was a time without limits, when an adept with a Warhawk and enough gumption could put down a behemoth by himself.

>longarms
Yeah, longarms is pretty much the only weapon short of heavy weaponry like cannons and shit that can consistently drop someone due to high DV and high AP.

Melee (if you can get in range) is pretty effective as well. As are weaker weapons loaded with capsule rounds filled with Narcojet if you can get those three net hits.

>18 dice pool at char gen
How?
Me thinks some rules weren't followed.

>88881
>So close to glory

>Elf with high AGI
>Longarms 6 with a specialty
>Smartgun system

Getting a DP of 18 isn't that hard.

Yeah I guess so. I don't allow my chars anything but the shittier bolt action snipers on gen.

Seriously?

6 in Longarms, 8 with specialization, +2 from smartlink, 7 agi for an elf is already 17. And you can go much higher with cyber, powers, drugs and appropriate qualities.

Base Agi 6, + 2 Agi from magic/'ware, 6 ranks in Longarms from skill, 2 extra dice from specialization (snoipah or shotty, pick your poison), 2 extra dice from Smartlink.

There, 18 dice. You can min-max it to a lot higher if you want, but it should be enough already.

Not a great dragon - just a regular dracoform, pretty young too. Mentioned in the adventure as optional "last boss", but without

Dinkleberg...

Hoi chummers, quick q from last thread. Anyone know of an effective way of balancing spirit summoning? The last thing i want is a fuckin mage homo derailing my shit.

ban spirit summoning

Elf - 7 dice (8 if Nocturna metavariant). Maxed-out Longarms - 6 dice. Sniper Rifle spec - +2 dice. Brand loyalty - +1 die. Used muscle toner 3 - +3 dice. Implanted smartlink +2 dice. Ez 22 dice from chargen.

Ares Alpha AR with ASPD rounds works pretty well.

Teach your mooks to use smoke grenades against snipers.

- Another mage
- Place having magic barriers or spirit overwatch
- or astrally perceiving critters
- Mundanes trained to react to materializing spirits with long bursts of automatic fire
- FAB
- Background counts (I mean, they do affect spirits, right?)
- Spirits getting annoyed for getting summoned over and over again. One splat has rules for spirit reputation, from what I remember
- Spirits (especially of F lower than 4-5) not really knowing how the world works, and trying to complete tasks in the least tiring, most literal way possible

Romove auto-successes from spirit's Hardened armor quality.

I want to make a real "Mage" with robes, pointy hat and staff. What's the best way to do this in 5e or is it an all around bad idea?

You can, but prepare to catch ALL the bullets in the world.

F4 spirits aren't a problem. F12 Great Form Guardian spirit is. It's, basically, an "I win" button against anything that isn't a dracoform or a high-power mage.

Distinctive Style quality. Also, you better be wearing some kind of armor under those robes or else yeah it's a horrible idea.

If your GM isn't a dick, I'm sure he'll let you fluff whatever you want for your armor's appearance.

Now if looking like an asshole in pajamas is okay or not, depends on you.

Speaking of banning, should I just ban pixes?

I mean i was making one for fun on chummber 5 and aleady have 15 dice for automatics
and 13+1d6 initiative

without any fucking magic or cyber augmentation

come the fuck on +2 agility, +2 reaction, and +1 intuition on a single race are such bullshit. They are even automatically the best wizards with +2 will and +2 cha and +1 log

Have your opponent use tasers and flashbangs. They deal with small to medium spirits (and reckless runners) efficiently.

>magician wearing wizard's robes
>not a PhysAd troll in a military grade armor who just screams random words in broken Latin

The best way I've found to make pixies non viable is by ruling in that they're so naturally high in magic that they attract all sorts of critters and toxic spirits.

Gonna put some robes and wizard hat on my cyber-troll
everyone is going to be so confused that they'll never realize that the real spellcaster is the dude walking around in full body armor+helmet

You can happily ban the whole of Run Faster save for the non-metagenetic qualities (and sum-to-ten/karmagen).

>come the fuck on +2 agility, +2 reaction, and +1 intuition on a single race are such bullshit.

It takes all the fun out of power gaming when they make it so easy

I love sum to 10. I'm using my first run with it, and I gotta say, I'm a fan. But yes, most of the added meta's are ridiculous.

why don't you just tweak them a bit so they're not as bullshit? i usually do that with my group with anything we deem broken by default in any game we play

make a few changes that would make sense to their small size and magical abilities

if stats are your issue, there's this videogame design thing that goes about "what's too strong in terms of stats should be lacking in equipment and the other way around"

stat-strong races such as pixies should be tweaked in order to be less effective with gear that would push the limit of those imbalances - make a setting modification or something, it's not like the game is gonna stop being shadowrun if you change it around a bit

but i mean, if banning pixies is your way of dealing with things, that's okay too

So I'm really not getting the point behind this Shadowrun Tarot shit. Howling Shadows gets like fifteen pages of recycled art (Two of the same picture!) but they've got money for artists to be doing... whatever this is supposed to be?

How many pixies do you think live in a typical large city? I don't think it's that many. The same goes for centaurs, minotaurs, nigger elves etc. Just use it as a free distinctive style feature so the cops could find that particular pixie easier.

I imagine its because you can sell a deck of hideous Tarot cards, but you don't need new art to sell a critter book. Fuck me does that picture look ugly.

I'm still getting crashes when loading characters with Nightly-v5.182.9. Nightly-v5.182.3.0 and back still load without crashing.

My group is paid exclusively in things like gold, novacoke, and unmarked guns because we like to be next level sketchy.

Any easy to understand guides for making an effective Rigger in 5e?

Could be worse

>I'm still getting crashes when loading characters with Nightly-v5.182.9. Nightly-v5.182.3.0 and back still load without crashing.
I'm super stupid and didn't validate the code properly. I'll have it fixed shortly, trying to fix a problem with a life module before I push the commit.

Thanks, Chummer, you're the man.

I normally don't bother posting about chummer bugs if they're not a big deal but I might as well mention that deleting life modules causes chummer to crash.

It's not a big deal because life modules are terrible and I would never use them anyway

Very few, especially in cities, unless you play in an area they live in. (France/England for pixies, Greece for Minotaurs, etc...)

Are Laser Weapons worth the price and Skillpoint investment?

Question: what stops runners from taking out a bunch of loans using a fake sin and then burning the sin and pocketing the money? It's not like they care about their fake ID's credit rating.

No. As of now, they are quite useless. You'd get better results from using sabots in a regular rifle.

In my previous game, I had a runner who demanded the Johnson pay him in UCAS dollars cuz he was 80 years old and didn't trust this new cryptocurrency stuff.
Needless to say, he had issues with buying basically anything.

>Not having your Johnson pay you in cocaine
It's like you motherfuckers don't even realize this game was written in the 80s.

The common justification is that bank loans don't really exist anymore, having been replaced by an advance on wages and effectively-indentured servitude. it's not canon to my knowledge, but it's a reasonable enough justification for it.
Whups, found the problem. My bad, I didn't check for the removal of other qualities properly, so if there were any qualities to remove it'd crash. Fixed in the latest build.

>Whups, found the problem. My bad, I didn't check for the removal of other qualities properly, so if there were any qualities to remove it'd crash.

Cool.

The best counter to a player who spams spirits is a mage with banishing. They can get rid of any spirits the player summons before they even get a chance to act.
Pixies can't use weapons. Imagine tinkerbell trying to pick up a revolver. It's completely ludicrous. There you go, that solves all the problems of sammy pixies.
Mage pixies, I'd suggest assholes with buckets of paint and other such things to foil their innate invisibility. (That or having mooks who are capable of getting 6 hits on perception tests, but that probably ain't happening.)
Assuming we're talking a mage pixie, they can get out of that shit via their innate invisibility. It's like the spell, but instead of rolling dice they get one hit for every point of magic they have. Assuming 6 mag, no-one will ever find them, because most people don't have 6 dice in perception, let alone an average of 6 hits.
Isn't body1 enough of a crippling change based on size? (They've got a max of 2 but exactly 0 pixies will be maxing body in chargen.)
Barely any. The exception is if you live in france, as pixies are common there. (I like to extend that to places with a mostly french culture, so you also get french-canadian pixies and louisiana swamp pixies.)
Nope. Lasers are garbage and overly expensive. They might be worth it if they all got automatic fire, but even then they'd still be fairly garbage compared to mundane weaponry.

>body 1 with a max of 2

oh so they're glass cannons - why is this an issue then?

>Lasers

Lasers look like weapons designed (in a meta sense) to use against the runners. They have massive AP so they can deal damage trough heavily armored trolls, but their actual damage is shit so they can't kill anyone in one hit, so no insta-kills if they are used against the rest of the group, unlike any other weaponry that can hurt the armor-stacking sammies.

Though this is probably an accident since shadowrun doesn't seem designed with this sort of game design in mind.

Because they are glass cannons that have a massive amount of Reaction, Shadowrun's god stat. Adept Pixies (Combining two of the most broken things in the system) are absolutely nuts.

if Reaction is the issue, then that's the stat you need to change in order for them to be not-broken
this is what i was talking about in terms of changing stats to tackle an issue

why remove what you can easily fix?

But that's the entire reason you play a pixie, to be the fastest man in all of Aztlan. If you lower their max reaction, you've made them no longer viable to all the minmaxers out there (Which is, let's be fair, a majority of Shadowrunners).

Having more playable races than the base five was a mistake.

then stop bitching

If your runners are summoning F12 Great Form spirits, you're at the stage in the campaign where armies of HTR are coming after them, with t-birds, tanks, and initiated mages of their own.

Question: I vaguely remember that there was something that halves the penalty for called shots, reducing them together with the Sharpshooter merit to a -1. Am i misremembering here or is there something like this in 5e?

Strive for Perfection and Sharpshooter.