A setting where it always rains

Sup, Veeky Forums! Have you ever thought of a setting where it rains all the time? How would adventures in such a setting go? What if you take an already-existing setting, and make it rain all the time, 24/7?
Making up such a setting is welcome, too. Would the inhabitants adapt? Are the seemingly-infinite rains only a prelude to a world-destroying storm/event/whatever?

Yes I've done it, and before anyone nit picks the concept, chill. It's fantasy and a specific appeal to rule of cool.

Ooh. Can you go into detail about it? Like, for starters, how the inhabitants cope with the everlasting rain?

One of the swamps in my setting constantly rains due to some huge ass magical trees sapping liquid in the air away from nearby regions. Those surrounding regions are basically deserts now due to how large the swamp has gotten over the course of millennia. Due to said swamp also being next to the ocean hurricanes and typhoons and shit constantly develop around that area and no human willingly lives there except for crazy wizards.

Also there is some real life places where it never stops raining, like Cherrapunjee.

Constant ashen rain or actual ash downpour, yes. An archipelago above which, well something very bad happened.

The atmosphere was very gloomy, suvivors of the event topside were often shunned or treated poorly, and everyone tended to stay inside and generally keep the towns brightly lit and colorful as possible in an attempt to cut down on the gloom.

Really the only reason it wasn't abandoned since work or industry outside wasn't really feasible, was the archipelago was a rather important stopping point for transport and resupply.

I actually love rain in my sessions. But I think that a perpetual rain may be a little bored. Maybe the players like it, maybe not. I have to be cautious with it because every time there's a natural storm one of my players gets buffed.

The environmental controls for the city have been damaged and the weather control system which was set to rain for that day hasn't stopped for several days.

This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact ti's starting to flood and the rescue squads are all but dead and outside help is having trouble accessing the city.

Can you and fellow survivors make it to the weather control station to at least prevent your martian underground city from turning into a giant tube of corpses and wreckage?

The party manages to reach the weather control facility and shut down the system
But the rains didn't stop
They go the extra length and destroyed the satellites, the infrastructure, everything related to the weather control system
But the rains still come
It's been a year of constant rain
And it seems to be slowly increasing
This is the rain that will wash the world away

>In a desperate bid for escape, the PCs managed to blast their way through the Rail system that leads to the Farming sector, a vast complex built near the surface where most of Mars' Food is grown locally.

>From the Giant protective dome made to give a scenic vista of the Martian landscape constrasting to the green fields within a giant ghostly figure hangs over the city.

>It's form is alien and maddening to look upon but instead of fear all you feel is infinite sadness and loniliness.

> Over the now flooded city, the thing cries and it's tears the never ending rain.

>Why do you cry?

This thread turned real good real quick.

Just set your game in Wales...

I can see this being a justification for a Waterworld-style universe that's really heavy on submarines and Bioshock shit.

>Undersea oil pumps and refineries become the focus for cities
>Submarines form the basis of trade, incredibly large ones are nearly cities in their own right
>Submarine-based pirates with limpet mines and pressure suits, tiny attack ROVs and torpedoes.
>Ruins of the old world both an incredible navigational hazard and a source of enormous wealth, looted by scavengers and salvagers
>Abyssal zones strange and mysterious places, often havens for pirates and worse floating out in the open ocean
>Surface travel occasionally beneficial to avoid hazards like crumbling undersea cities, or to make long-distance communication with radio buoys
>Rumors abound of a second civilization that took to the air instead of the sea after the rains began- floating up above the constant clouds in massive airships- or even further, in orbit.
>Someday, when the rains stop, they will return.

Could be good fodder for lots of little fluff bits, superstitions and an emphasis on how life exists on a flooded planet. Dirt becomes a precious commodity, seeds even more so, and fuel oil.
>The "glows" have vessels with nearly infinite fuel thanks to nuclear reactors, but years of jury-rigging require them to wear protective suits to survive aboard their own vessels. Rumor has it they aren't even human anymore.
>It's considered a right of passage for a new submarine crewmember to go on at least one EVA before it returns to port from their first trip. If they fail to go, on their first EVA something will go wrong.
>After years of living in environments with air processors, pumps, engines, and other machinery, the most frightening sound is nothing at all.

I think it would be a great idea, not just cause I love rain, but also it would be a chance to personalize different cultures to tend with the constant downpour
>Hooded and domed buildings to prevent the rain from collecting ontop of houses
>Rain Collectors are an important job in the city, they maintain and control the collection towers that gather rain, purify it and redistribute it as usable, clean water. They also maintain the streets and buildings throughout the city, ensuring the rain water doesn't collect too much and damage infrastructure or impede it
>Citizens dress in slick garments when in public, involving hooded headwear or back mounted umbrellas.
>Due to the constant rain damage on everything, there is a massive industry for repairing water damage
Just a few ideas for some unique features to a culture exposed to constant rain

Reminds me of this, kind of.

It always snow upon the vast grey maze that is Vornheim.

>Even though it rains all the time, sea levels are stable
>Some say it's too stable
>As in, the usual tidal variation just straight-up disappeared
>Since the skies are perpetually blocked by clouds, nobody's seen the moon in some time
>In climates where it would snow instead of rain, the land is blanketed under snow
>Some say that in some places, the snow brings unexplained death with direct contact with skin
>Yet in these lands where snow reigns, it never piles up too high either
>Stranger yet are the desert regions
>Even though the rain falls forever like everywhere else, the sands are dry
>As in, the ground is never wet at all
>Sometimes there comes wet sandstorms
>Rumors abound about some places that had unconventional rain
>Like places where it rained oil, or blood, or fish, or ash

Makes me think what other genres go well with perpetual rain. And mix them all in one rain-drenched slurry.
>Noir
>Horror
>Cyberpunk?
>Vaporwave? How would that even work?

I was thinking Seattle, but that also works.

/thread

I think of Night City in Cyberpunk 2020 as always wet and rainy. The aesthetic was based on Blade Runner

Are there any plants that would survive constant rain and low sunlight? Otherwise there won't be much of an ecosystem.

So... England?