Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Update Edition
Good morning Calth Sub-Edition
We just talked about the new update. That's about it. Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g5RrvVXGtk4
youtube.com/watch?v=UHNJUgat2i8&list=PLyiDf91_bTEgnBN0jAvzNbqzrlMGID5WA&index=28
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So... Alpha Legion is shit now.

they always were

Heavy Support jetbikes are underwhelming and will never see use.

It's not the easiest on the tongue, but it's all I can think of.

>10 breachers with boarding shields: 200 points
>10 assault marines with combat shields: 205 points
>20 breachers with boarding shields: 350 points
>20 assault marines with combat shields: 365 points
Seriously now.

Why?

The plan is working then

>Why?
Headhunters and Banestrike are shit when compared to Seekers and Scorpius rounds.

10 Veterans 160 points

Ayyy Jesus Christ vets are fookin scary now

They are slightly more expensive per model for their weapons then normal jet bikes, but they can offer a whole metric shit ton of fast moving firepower, while, in a pinch not being overly incompetent in a man fight

aggressive legions like NL, SoH and WE are probably gonna see them in place of more static heavy options, especially WE with the new chainaxes, as well as WS and Ravenwing DA

I thought those exhaust ports were suppose to be a prototype, but it doesn't stop every Chaos Space Marine and their brother from having them.

Does anybody have a copy of 'The beast must die'? Kat and torrentz aren't turning it up.

No, it's just a design adapted to void combat.

Thanks, Khorne. Didn't they have less radiation protection?

Inferior rad shielding, but bigger thrusters for void combat I think the paragraph underneath it says.

Which confuses me, because I thought that they had exhaust ports sticking out the sides, but it turns out they're like mini thruster packs

We Halo 5 spartans now

FW have fucked up not giving us Chariot jetbikes

Maybe they can make it up to us by releasing bullock pattern jetbikes

Oh shoot, boys, we're all Khorne now. Don't kill yourselves for being the most boring Chaos God, it'll only make him stronger.
>Which confuses me, because I thought that they had exhaust ports sticking out the sides, but it turns out they're like mini thruster packs
I think this is a callback to an older piece of art.

My Khornate quints confirm that the Horus Heresy is a halo tie-in game

Did we discuss the dorito's new gun option last thread?
>Arachnus Heavy Lascannon Array +50 points
>48" S10 AP2 Heavy 2 Exoshock
>Exoshock: if this weapon scores a penetrating hit roll a dice, on a 4+ it causes another automatic penetrating hit against which cover saves cannot be taken.
My feeling is its may be better against land raiders/spartans than the autocannons, but not 50 points better.

>1 unit of 20 Tacticals with additional CCW costs 265
>2 units of 10 Veterans cost 320
>for those extra 55pts, they get...
>20 more attacks in close combat
>access to 2.5ppm melta bombs
>access to combi-weapons
>access to power weapons
>access to special/heavy weapons
>Stubborn/+1WS/+1ArP/Outflank&Sniper/Shred vs. MC and GMC
>and they lose...
>Fury of the Legion, that's it

Thanks FW, it's not as if PotL was popular enough already.

Tacticals are a meme, welcome to the age of vets and assaults

Witnessed

>Chariot jetbikes
Games workshop has your back.

Superior version coming through.

I mentioned it briefly before I found out they were strength 10

Imagine how fucking scary Ironwing just became, tank hunter bs 5 pred squadrons and tank hunter/skyfire Doredeos with those things

and since rotor cannon are free now and tacticals went down in cost, anything that those things pop is gonna eat a whole fuck ton of shots

Is that an actual model?

Not yet. Custodes are going to get it, just with eagles instead of wolves.

PotL got nerfed a teensy bit, it's all about Chosn Duty now

Excellent, my loincloth is already quivering.

The Warmaster hoarded all the good shit for the legions he knew would go traitor, and during the Heresy he had a lot of Dark Mechanicum allies who produced that stuff for his legions.

I know that but just that one pattern of exhaust ports though? All of the Chaos must have really ruined Horus more than we imagined.

The problem with this argument is in the current timeline there's only 1 year between Davin and Isstvan III, and then 1 year to Isstvan V. It seems unrealistic that Horus could change the logistics of the imperium that much in the two years between him falling to chaos and full civil war breaking out.

Threadguy, are you alright? You've seemed a bit out of it lately, with the ALL IS DUST and the lackluster opening posts.

I am so fuckng hard right now this is the best news ever holy shit thank you forge world this is so ducking awesome finally I've been waiting since the start of the heresy for this and it's finally here holy shit fuck yea at long last its hat I always wanted and FW personally delivered it to me it's like having Alan sucking my dick while getting super boosted and holy fuck yea finally at last

Yeah the timeline's too constrained.

You would expect a galactic civil war to take longer than 8 years

What?

Salamander breachers. Do you all scoff at this after the rule changes?

Holy shit, I never realised calth lasted for about half of the whole heresy

This along with imperium secundus makes way more sense to me now why the Ultramarines weren't involved in the heresy more

>Threadguy, are you alright?
Yes.
>with the ALL IS DUST
Oh dear. It's nothing but a reference to the ending of the Days of Our Lives "Like sand in the hourglass so is the Days of Our Lives", and possibly because I'm really really wanting to see Ahzek's art. youtube.com/watch?v=g5RrvVXGtk4
>lackluster opening posts.
I figured this was happening.

>Oh dear. It's nothing but a reference to the ending of the Days of Our Lives "Like sand in the hourglass so is the Days of Our Lives"
Ah, y'know, I did see that video in the posts a few times but I usually browse this thread on my phone and try not to stream video. Don't have unlimited data.

Data can be a real pain sometimes. The video doesn't have those words however as it's just the theme itself.

Hay guys, got the html of the new army list working but I can't find where it says legions can take knights as LoW, I saw some guy in the last thread talking about it

page 9 first bulletin

You're conflating two different things.

The vast majority of armor chaos marines have came from after the Heresy, from either scavenge or Dark Mechanicum forges. Of those forges, it's possible that the most powerful and influential ones only have access to the anvilus pattern power pack, and so that's what the majority of chaos marines receive.

Pre-Heresy, they wouldn't have anything that different from loyalists, with perhaps a bit more Mk4.

Hello. 40k player trying to get into 30k. I am at a loss considering which books do I need to get to make a 30k marine army? do I only need this new marine legion book or I must get all 6 books plus the tagmata lists?

All books

Lies, the current book everyone is raving about and the new legions book out in a bit are all he needs.

Why do you want 40k scum infesting our game?

Well, what do you want to play? Mechanicum, Legion Astartes, Cults and Milita, or Solar Auxilla?

>Implying you werent just like him at one point

Please use the wraithknight model to show the court where the waacfag touched you.

Yes we do

I find this acceptable, as I run 3 squads of 10.

Praise the Emperor for these summer sales on equipment!

Sales!

Not everyone has been so lucky though.

The post I replied to said
>The Warmaster hoarded all the good shit for the legions he knew would go traitor
and my post was a direct response to that. Maybe should have been clearer that I was only replying to one of the points, I admit.

Can't recall salamanders rules, what's the deal with their breaches now?

when dealing with FW resin, do you first cut everything, wash, and then glue or

cut, glue, and then wash

Wash then glue. Glue doesn't like mold release.

first i chew off all the sprue pieces. then i snort all the dust. then i wash it and glue it.

Literal Fucking Cancer.

That's what I thought, but I was hoping that it'd be fine to glue first. Washing some of these tiny parts kills a piece of my soul every time.

So how long until battlescribe gets updated with the new points

Probably a month

>I usually browse this thread on my phone and try not to stream video. Don't have unlimited data.
Same
Thanks for explaining the reference. The 4th & 3rd past threads were lacklustre with all that...stuff and hotpocketing, so I figured you were disheartened or something. Glad to be wrong there.

Anyone working on a readable pdf or know of any good converter? I can leave it overnight and upload tomorrow morning.

>preorder the new red book
>FW didn't send it today

Oh I was maybe 2% disheartened, but I honestly couldn't think of anything for the thread summaries recently. I've got some sort of block going on.

>first i chew off all the sprue pieces. then i snort all the dust.
Kakophoni Orchestrator, is that you?

Remember to film it in black & white, and dub it over with sad piano music in french

how can piano music be in any language but piano?

I'm on my phone right now. Can't properly check 1d4chan, can't download the links presented, can't writefag.
The week I took for summerfagging was the week FW exploded with updates. A little catching up to spice things up a bit, huh.

Oh I hear you. I really need to get some writefaggotry done.

Told you all it would be a upheaval. Wait until Sunday.

why is that`?

will we finally get the new plastic leaks?

I completely forgot it was the weekender this weekend. That snuck up fast.

Seekers and Sniper vets objectively better than Headhunters and their now-obsolete Banestrike ammo.

Doubt it, but by the Emperor I hope so.

Oh, how did Banestrike ammo become obsolete?

What are you talkin about m8?

I got everything I could have wanted from this book. So why do I feel so empty?

Scorpius is now S5 AP2 shredding heavy 1.

AL are still one of two legions that can get the seekers up the table with infiltrate though. That helps with a 24" gun.

Seekers' scorpius rounds became AP2.

Oh I see, well now I get it, cheers.

It's a FW event and not a GW one, isn't it?

True, I thought they were talking about AL legion specifics being now disapointing. I mean, there's little reason to still take Headhunters now that Vets and Seekers are so buffed (until the Headhunter & Banestrike buff arrives, that is), and Learnean are nice, but it's not like AL became utterly obsolete or something.

They can still steal Deathshrouds :^)

Say, how would you guys fix Banestrike?
Full AP3?

I suggested assault 2 S4 Ap3 last thread, fluff it as an experimental combi bolter with a grav suspensor.

youtube.com/watch?v=UHNJUgat2i8&list=PLyiDf91_bTEgnBN0jAvzNbqzrlMGID5WA&index=28

>Say, how would you guys fix Banestrike?
Give it to tacticools.

As in FotL 20 man blobs Banestrike salvo? Damn
We just need to make it better than rapid fired Tempest rounds, maybe that'd work.

>Say, how would you guys fix Banestrike?
I think the real issue is with Headhunters, anything they can do seekers can do better. My suggestion is give them precision shots on a 5+ and make Banestrike outright rending but AP 4 or 5. 20 shots only inflicts like 6.5 unsaved wounds against marines in 5+ cover but would score 6.66 precision shots and a decent chance of at least one being rending. This gives you a pretty solid chance of picking off sergeants and shit in a single shooting phase reliably. Not going to kill a praetor outright probably but the wounds would add up and it would allow you to fuck up armies by easily killing off the assault sergeant with 28 points of wargear or an apothecary giving his unit FnP.

Thus you end up with headhunters effectively being battlefield assassins. They infiltrate up close, pour bolter fire into a unit picking off sergeants and medics, leaving the unit in disarray and let the rest of the army mop up the remnants.

honestly just make give them combi bolters with the seeker ammo and retain the venom spheres and power daggers, boom.

also meant to say that that makes them their own niche compared to seekers and mor deythan, with them being somewhat better at shooting (twin linked), and much better at melee then either option.

Give them two attacks stock too if they dont have that.

>make Banestrike outright rending but AP 4 or 5
That's still stupidly worse than Seekers. S4 (or 5) AP3 would be perfect.

what about higher S then scorpius, but worse AP? though S6 bolters is starting to get a bit silly.

they way to fix banestrike is to make it S3 ap3 18" rapidfire

>Headhunters get AP3 Banestrike on true Storm bolters
How about that? There have been far worse retcons than giving them Storm bolters