Warhammer 40k General

Death Korps of FUCK STORMSURGES edition.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

This general pic has never been more relevant. May you all buy Hades Breaching Drills and fuck up tau faggots soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iwew9TzWY3M?t=60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's start this general with some bingo! Today's free tile is ALL TAU RELATED TILES. FUCK TAU! DESTROY ALL THE STORMSURGES IN THE NAME OF THE UNDERMINER

>Now I have a mental image of a huge Space Marine party going on in the ship en route to some mission
>you will never be an Angel of Death chilling with your brothers listening to the sickest beats of Mars while heading to a mission

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Tau players face when storm surge nerf

youtu.be/iwew9TzWY3M?t=60
there should be noise marines except not corrupt and with boomboxes going across the galaxy being chill af bringing the light of the imperium and sick beats

It's fun the first few times. After you see a few bros die, or have a close call or two yourself, its not fun anymore. Turn the music off and just try to focus on what you need to do to keep yourself and your squad alive.

I suppose it does make sense. If the assault drill were to drill a cavity under something that large, you can expect that the 100' tall mecha is going to fall. And if you've ever seen what happens to elephants too clumsy to keep their balance you know the stormsurge isn't going to survive. Gee, if only we had mounted our anti-titan weaponry on a low-profile hovertank, maybe this wouldn't have happened!

>nerf

Are you implying any vehicle that can threaten a SS with tank shock will make it across the board? Are you also implying that any but the most ultra-retarded Taufags anchor their SS? And are you also implying that you are unfamiliar with Tau dakka, and JSJ'ing 18" melta suits?

And lastly, are you implying this is even ever going to happen?

But alas the sickest beats can not be shared with all of the Imperium.
>the music reminds you of them

So if I'm reading this correctly, it just says any model, meaning a wound against a vehicle would also force an Initiative Test. Is that's the case, would non-walkers auto fail, and therefore die instantly? Not a very efficient way to kill vehicles, but it could be situationally useful.

Rusty buff riders.

Vehicles don't have wounds, they have hull points. Difference system entirely. They wouldn't take an initiative test.

Power Armour Tacticool Operator Monstergirls

Are tau players too stupid to un-anchor their stormsurge when it is threatened by hostile tankshocking vehicles?

All someone needs to do is take a Hades Assault Drill, which can tank shock/ram coming out of Deep Strike. The mere THREAT of having a vehicle that can insta-gib a stormsurge on the deep strike if it's anchored will mean the tau player will never anchor in the first place.

BRB, proxying my mawlocs as drills.

Just joking. I don't own any mawlocs.

Nah, they just complain a lot when they have to deal with doing actions in phases other than the shooting one.

Apparently. Just look at all these delicious tau tears.
None of them even consider just not anchoring it when it might be threatened

I somehow fail to see the problem.
You only loose some firepower when not anchoring, so why is there such a fuss about it. If there is something nearby/ in reserve that really threatens it, then you do what is required. Similar to a tank that looses some shooting when its moved. Sometimes it needs to be done. Get over it.

>Godawful disproportioned centaurs in marine armour who don't even go fast

Any Tau player capable of tying his own shoes, or forming a complete sentence - doesnt anchor his SS.
The competitive way to use them sofar has been to march them (two is more common than one) up the field, creating such a massive threat that your opponent is forced to shoot at them. Charge it? Get stomped. Shoot at them? The rest of the Tau army goes unscathed for 1, 2, 3? turns.

Any competitive player will tell you the Stormsurge, though expensive, is the most game-changing unit the Tau have.
They will also tell you not to anchor it. This tank shock thing is getting blown way out of proportion by ultra-noobs, and people that rarely or never play the game.

I blame the shoulderpads, they're fucking enormous. Rest of the torso fits perfectly fine with the centaur, and is the same size as the old torso.

Really, the armour's the perfect size. I just fucking hate the backpack, and will never use the launcher-pack ever again for these.

Isn't the latest version of the Hades Drill a T7 infantry model which takes wounds as if it were T3 because of majority toughness?

Sort of new Dark Angel Player here.
Today I had scheduled a match with someone and was going to get to use the full might of my Deathwing since finishing my librarians and a few more terminators.
I was going to be playing against an Ad Mech player but as we were going over eachothers armies he told me I could put the Librarians from my Dark Angel Librarius Conclave with units from my Deathwing Strike Force.
Furthermore he said any one in a unit with Eziekel (the named character required for the Dark Angel's Conclave) could not Deepstrike and again had to arrive from regular reserves. So I couldn't just put him and a librarian into the 2 empty HQ slots of my Strike Force.

The Deathwing Strikeforce restrictions just say that every unit must have the Deathwing Special Rule (Which all HQs Save Sammael, Master of the Ravenwing and Techmarine have).
It also says all units in the detachment must begin the game in Deepstrike Reserves. Since I use multiple Ravenwing Attack Squadron I can choose to auto pass or fail any reserve roll.

Could anyone explain why I can't do what I have been since I started playing? Has everyone just let me cheat? All he said was it was in one of the FAQs and I cant really find what it would pertain too.

End of story he refused the game because I "was bending the rules to make my army better" as he put it.

I've been playing since last November so I am not the greatest with rules yet.

Not for regular IG, the cadian hostile environment group or whatever it's called still has it as a vehicle and DKoK are basically their own army apart from regular IG, so the new toughness value rules don't supersede them.

It doesnt matter with the drill. Once its DS location is rolled, its effectively pointless.

The most up-to-date version of the drill (According to dakkadakka's forgeworld unit index) is in in IA:2, 2nd ed, and is a vehicle.
this applies to Guard and Krieg Siege regiment
The Krieg Assault regiment in IA:12 has the same vehicle profile

>It is already vulnerable to destroyer weapons and grav weapons
Jesus christ.

Taufag entitlement is hard to believe. You see it all the time, but its still so far over the top, it always shocks you.
There really is no question, Tau has the most cancerous playerbase in the game.

Thanks captain obvious. No one is talking about the few actually intelligent Tau players.

>intelligent Tau players.
Errrr, oxymoron much?

Only thing you can't do there is deepstrike Ezekiel, as per the DA FAQ units bought in the DWSF formation that don't have the deepstrike USR arrive as regular reserves. Means you can take land raider dedicated transports and not have them float in limbo now (although why would you with the 7th ed codex after they removed DW land raiders).

>why cant they take devourers?
Devs would be glorious on Gargoyles. The start collecting formation would actually gain a function

Let's join in with the Tau hate!

FUCKTAU 1850
> Raptors Tactics, Unbound, No Formations

HQ:
Lias Issodon - 175
Honour Guard - 265
- 10-men

Troops:
Tactical Squad: 140
- 10-men
- Flamer
Tactical Squad: 140
- 10-men
- Flamer

Heavy Support:
Devastator Squad: 420
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons

Lias Issodon grants infiltrate to himself, and 3 Grav-cannon devastator squads. He then joins the 4th devastator squad to grant them his infiltrate.

All 4 devastator squads combat squad, into 2 grav-cannons per squad. I now have 8 Grav-cannon equipped squads infiltrating into grav-cannon range of the tau faggots.

Because they used to have Deep Strike. Then Shitace decided to take that away and give them no compensation.

But I can put the termi libs from a conclave in my strikeforce and still deepstrike then?

As much as I wish I could dismiss every tau player as a moron, it is not so. Usually they come around when branching into another army.

Siege of Vraks one, more recent than either of those books, is infantry with average toughness 3.

Yeah, but you'd need to roll reserves for them.

Yeah I guess I'm looking for a showpiece. Something I can take my time on and do really well.

I find something like that motivates me more to work on all the littler things around it.

>I'm not buying a Stormsurge now
>Well, Stormsurges are useless now
>A 35 point Rhino makes a 360 point GC a waste of points

Jesus effing christ Taufags. Consider not anchoring it if a tank shock threat is present. Or, you know, shoot the Rhino before it gets there.

Can you imagine the Tau whining if they werent afforded all the special treatment they are? If they had to obey walker/vehicle rules? If they had to move their units tactically? If they had to take cover saves into consideration? Or if they didnt just have access to tons of powerful units, formations, rules, and weapons - with almost none of the drawbacks and tough choices most other armies have to make?

Tau players are a shameful bunch, they deserve the hate not because of GW's multitude of gifts bestowed upon them, but because they are a self-centered, socially retarded group of idiots.

does siege of vraks have a second edition?
IA: 1 has a second edition released in 2012

Don't forget to take tons of DT Rhinos to tank shock their Storm Surges.

>Captain Obvious

Based on the replies in this thread, none of what user posted was obvious. Never miss a chance to be a snarky pissant though!

>Tau players outside don't act like spergs like here on 4cha....

Siege of Vraks 2nd edition was released in 2015.

well shit. Is there a PDF in the mega?
or why don't I just go check

Attn Stormsurgefags:

Not all vehicles are in fact tanks.

FUCKTAU REVISED 1850
> Raptors Tactics, Unbound, No Formations

HQ:
Lias Issodon - 175
Honour Guard - 265
- 10-men

Troops:
Tactical Squad: 75
- 5-men
- Flamer
Tactical Squad: 75
- 5-men
- Flamer

Heavy Support:
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino

Same as before, except now I have 8 grav-cannon squads infiltrating, alongside 4 infiltrating rhinos to Turn-1 tank shock.

Printed in 2015

Turn one tank shock won't do anything since the stormsurge isn't anchored yet.

Jokes on you, I run mostly crisis, stealth suits and Ghostkeels, with generally one Riptide in a list. (Rotating which variant I use on whim.)

What nerf?

Oh, the "can be killed easily if you choose to stand still" ability they gave to the LoW from Codex: Mobility?

Yeah, no. Anyone who did that played like idiots, this is not an FAQ, it is an FYI from GW, telling people to stop being shit at the game.

So how do i go about getting into 40k? I dont even know if i'll like it or be good at painting miniatures so how do i get a taste?

see

>Walking up two Stormsurges
>Like a two knight list, but less durable

Okay, you do that. I'll be here striking half your army off the table in two turns because I prep for two knight lists.

>But you aren't focusing on the rest of my army!

Mostly. Will harass it a bit, and once I'm done you're down 900+ points. Good job.

re: yeah there's no "use this unit for imperial guard armies" so pretty sure that only applies to whatever army list its printed in. so the most up to date general use one is still from IA:2 2nd

A 3+, 4++ GC is arguably less durable than a Knight. It's T is the achilles heel, but it's going to survive a turn of shooting in most cases. Running two of them alleviates a lot of this concern.

Stormsurges are good bro. They put out a shit ton of dakka, and lay waste to everything but the most durable of units.

If dealing with two if them is a non-issue for you, congratulations.

>Like a two knight list, but less durable
3+/4++/5+++

Not exactly squishy there, m8.

I mean, sure, if you are an WAAC Entitled Marine Faggot, with access to the "I win" gun.

The rest of us can't deal with it quite as easily.

Read the varying fluff on the factions you can play. Pirate the rule book to browse over in between reading the lore. Decide on a codex then continue as followed:

>Go to store that sells 40k
>Buy literally any model that looks cool, perhaps some sort of HQ in a single model pack
>Grab a few pots of paints 3-4 and two brushes
>Go anywhere but the store you were just at and buy a flat white/grey/black spray paint depending on your previous selection of colours
>Assemble into workable sections
>Prime that shit
>Paint that shit

If after all that (which may run you ~$50) you should know if you want to keep modeling.

Oh, dealing with two of them is hard, but it becomes a lot easier if they just walk into easy range.

I've been dealing with a ton of imperial knights in my meta. Only faced Stormsurges twice and a Wraithknight once, but I'd say I've probably killed about two dozen IKs. They're like a puzzle boss, tricky at first, but just dull once you get used to fighting it.

T6? You have any clue how many wounds I can throw at that with anti IK tactics?

>I can kill Stormsurges no problem
>Marine player btw

This cancerous shit meme needs to die.

It is worse than the Tau "What cover saves?" version. You autistic little shits really don't have any kind of awareness about the state of your army?

Only marines I own are 11 dreadnoughts, 7 tanks and a techmarine mate.

Gimmick list. Not tried it against a superheavy yet.

>I was only theorycrafting.

Are you baiting or something? Because this keeps getting worse.

No, I own five different armies. Was just refuting your idea that I'd just dandy because Grav spam.

>Hurrr, just don't anchor it ever!
Fuck you.

You really think it's ok for some shitty transport to delete a GMC? If it wasn't tau you would be decrying it as the pinnacle of WAAC faggotry but "lel tau hate xD".
There isn't even a rule saying this should happen in the rule book but it contradicts a rule that IS in there; GMCs only take D3 wounds from removed from play a attacks.

They put that rulein to STOP 35 point transports destroying knights and shit with tank shocks but I guess it's ok for them to ignore that because fuck tau, GW HATES tau amIright lads?

>Any Tau player capable of tying his own shoes
I don't know, the Tau player at my LGS wears shoes with sticky straps...

>They put that rulein to STOP 35 point transports destroying knights and shit with tank shocks
I'm impressed at how many things you've got wrong in this one sentence due to excessive mad.

When was the last time you just fielded a CAD, not even swapping shit like Crisis Suits or bikes into the troops slot?

> Sticky straps

Velcro or semen?

>GMCs only take D3 wounds from removed from play a attacks.
It's a good think Tank shocking isn't considered an attack then isn't it.

Regardless of that.

He does have a point there was already a rule about tank shock and GMC, why this particular model gets insta kill is beyond me.

Unless I can tank shock every GMC with my shitty Rhino and make them explode. There is something wrong about it.

GW is bullshit in all things and Veeky Forums hates whatever factions are OP, news at 11.

I want to start Tau at some point in the future.
With 2 Tigershark AX-10 (or whatever the suped up Tigershark was called).
What else can I run to complement them without being a faggot. Was thinking Kroot.
Alternatively what's a fun DKoK strat? Just 6million artillery?

There isn't anything wrong with it. If you can somehow make it impossible for another gmc to move tank shocking would kill it.

The anchor rule is very clear that the stormsurge can not move "UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" while anchored. The rules are also very clear that if you get stuck in the same place as tank shocking tank, and you can't get out of the way, you're dead.
An anchorched stormsurge can't move out of the way of a tank shock at all, ergo it's destroyed. If anyother model had a similar rule to anchor, and ended up in the same situation, it would also die. And everyone (except some of the people who play that faction) would agree with it. This isn't tau hate, this is just how the rules work.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, you fucking fish

>I want to run two titan Killers with kroot support.

>He does have a point there was already a rule about tank shock and GMC, why this particular model gets insta kill is beyond me.
No, he doesn't. The other ruling said you would move the model, and it would not be instant killed. But, an anchored stormsurge can litteraly never move, at all, no ifs ands or buts. Because the stormsurge can't move, it dies. It's that simple.

It seems fun

I really hope you meant the Barracuda.

The AX 1-0 is overpriced as shit, desu.

Ah my bad, it does make sense then.

Any stormsurge that lets a rhino get that close while anchored deserves what it gets. Just make sure you guys are targeting nearby tanks first, or don't anchor.

It would only be in casual games.
I guess DKoK it is then

Good. Flyers shouldn't be cheap and have D Weapons.

Today, actually.

Flyers shouldn't be a thing period.

V-velcro...

Remove superheavies too, they're cancer.

100 points overpriced.

It this sort of shit had stayed in Apocalypse like it was supposed to then the odd 100 points here and there wouldn't matter.

Epic. It belongs in Epic.

Apocalpyse is for people with a free weekend, entirely too much money and a raging GW cuck-boner.

>cuck-boner
This doesn't even make sense, fuck I hate /pol/ for this meme.

>Insults have to make sense

It doesn't make sense to me that people constantly rail on others for liking this game in a thread about this game. Don't people have anything better to do than complain about things they evidently don't enjoy anyway?

>ad mech

?