seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread
No All-gates and Sylvaneth yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2016/07/gw-rumors-the-next-6-months-releases-2.html
mega.nz/#!j1w2iLLA!a3XcDaBv1tYflf2Ixx_tVjk6g5zNA8dYZ_p4Cqf0xyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are thos chaos knights flying?

Age of Sigmar style ruleset for 40k when?

Rumors point to fall off next year. While it may not be to the level of aos, the rumors say gw recognizes how bloated and needlessly complex the rules have gotten, and are looking to streamline and slim it down, make it more friendly for new players and the like.

aka lazy art

Does anyone know how similar, size wise, a 40k maulerfiend is to a slaughterbeast? Think it would be a fun counts as.

> Really want to play Everchosen, love the Varanguard models
> Don't want empty my entire bank account on 10 models

Do you see my problem?

What Wargrove is best?

Although to their credit, I don't think any artist has got Dorghar's heads in the wrong order yet. So that's something.

I would like to cheer for death, but all their leaders except for Ushoran are just lame-ass dipshits.

I really think DE culd technically be on destruction, at least for how they make sacrifices and religiously adore murdering and slavering

Z sells varanguard for like $30 for 2

I would approve WH40k age of sigmar style, but overall without points, (as original was AoS) so i could play sisters of battle more freely

And again, here are the rumored releases for the next 6 months

belloflostsouls.net/2016/07/gw-rumors-the-next-6-months-releases-2.html

>Renueval of Settra the Imperishable
The best that could happen

Meh, I've never been a fan of recasts. I know I have no right to complain about it but still.

Until they get allegiance abilities, just get a unit and throw em into a chaos undivided list or something.
Or, run a Gaunt Summoner and 2 units of varanguard, and summon tons of demons. Wouldn't be much more expensive than your average army if you go ebay or flgs

Still asking for the "How to paint Ironjawz", cant seem to find it in the pastebin, if anyone have a link or have it, could you please upload it?

>Chaos strike back edition
>mfw

So, Im starting up a Slaves to Darkness army. For about 30$, I got a Chaos Sorceress and a regiment of Warriors. I've also had my local gameshop order me a blister of a Exalted Hero of Chaos. I think after that, I'll be buying a Slaves to Darkness Start Collecting! Box. But, after that, I'm a little lost on what to buy next. I am not too sure about devition to a particular chaos god? Not really sure that any of them really match my tastes, but I guess im not totally against mixing in some more God specific units, like Bloodbound or something like that.

All I know is, i'm ready to pillage some villages!

Still waiting for Heinrich Kemmler to return with Settra to form part of the Chaos aligned undead faction.

Should I shelf my Beastmen and go full Slaves to Darkness/Bloodbound? Beasts are pretty cool but the lack of good formations and Heroes kind of sucks.

No, really not. As much as I would like it for my DE and Ogers to be on the same Alliance they don't really fit. Destruction is too strongly defined by the orky type of Anarchism. Wreck everything for fun with no real personal gain. DE are still to structured and ordered for stuff like that. Where they would fit the best in my opinion would be a Grand Alliance Darkness or Unaligned or something, shared with the death stuff.
An alliance that is mostly defined by the powerful selfish ambition of it's members, with no regards for others. Costs be damned as long as others pay for it. Would have fit both the DE, the Vampires and even the Tomb Kings to some extent.
GW just decided they wanted a pure undead faction, so now DE has to be Order and death is a tiny alliance ruled by a guy that trips over his own ego.

we anime now, everything flies

Did allgates and sylvaneth epub surface yet?

So does the lava drake match the dread saurian in size or is it 2 smol

I think they're all emerging from a realmgate that is floating behind them and falling unto the ground. Most of them seem to be in some kind of downward motion.

Lava drake? You mean the Fyreslayers magmadroth? I'm not sure but I think it's quite a bit smaller than the saurian.

You kinda forget Settra and Arkhan.
>Settra
>Bowing to chaos
Not gonna happen, and Kemmler a shit.

Ahh that's all I was asking. It looked rather sizeable in the pics

Yeah, Settra actually put his hatred of Nagash aside to fight chaos because they dared to offer him a life of servitude to them

Bitch, Grandmaster K is best necromancer!

That scene was hands down the best (and only good) thing to come out of End Times.

>allgates and sylvaneth
Nope, but will upload GHB as soon as possible.

That's easily Arkhan the Black.
Talking about Necromancers, how's the book about Vanhel ? I have yet to read it.

I got atleast a laugh out of Malekith surrendering to Grimgor.

>Calls himself the Grand Liche
>In a setting with Nagash
He aint shit compared to the Big Bone Daddy

I think Vanhel was duped by Vlad to become one of the greatest necromancers of the age. Then he took control of the reanimated victims of the Skaven's own plague to backfire their entire invasion.

Lichemaster is a title that Heinrich Kemmler earned after beating a liche. Which used to be quite the achivement because all liches used to be transcendent top tier necromancers.

I was hyped for Karl Franz Ascendent in Glottkin and then in Archaon they just went "lol nope he's literally Sigmar" and then still acts like a gigantic chump

Anons, how can I remove the black block? And how to add a blank page to pdf?

I'm playing Heartwood, but only @ 2500 points
That one, the Spooky one and Gnarlwood seem to be the 3 strongest

Does anyone have the How to Paint: Warriors of Chaos booklet?

Eh, Nagash and Glottkin were in large parts pretty good, Khaine was weird (and inappropriatly funny, what with all the phoenix kings basically wearing an asbestos suit), Thanquol was mostly forgettable and Archaon was infuriating and terrible, a few good scenes notwithstanding.

>hey empire
>you know how we retconned killing Volkmar?
>yeah well we're going to kill him again even worse, turn him into the vessel for Nagash, then unceremoniously murder off Luthor Huss and most other named characters
>oh and Empire will job for the undead for the rest of the books and Karl Franz will turn Super Sigmar Seiyan and still job to Archaon

Ok

I still loved Gelt's fall into Necromancy with Vlad as his mentor. I miss them ;_;

Stupid question from a new player.

In the AoS app, is a "Battle pack" simply the essential rules for a specific book?
Lets take the Ironjawz: Battle Pack for instance, does it contain all the warscroll battalions, scenarios and such, and just skips the fluff part? Or do I still gain something ruleswhise by buying the book?

I was thinking on this as I wan the book IRL for fluff and just to have on the shelf, but I want the essential rules in the app when I go play, but I don't want to buy the army book twice if I can help it.

Had anybody shared the Sylvaneth or All Points ePubs yet?

Gelt turning into an opportunist traitor was one of the few parts that made perfect sense.

Just pirate them.

It's going to be the battalions. The other scrolls are already in the app. Buy the book and get the fluff. It's better if you're popping your cherry.

Is there someplace we can get the battalions in the Grand Alliance books? Those aren't even scanned as far as I know

they are scanned, you can find an imgur album link in the pastebin

So, I've been fiddling some more with the stormhost I plan on using for the summer campaign, and I've narrowed it down to two lists, both with the same overall theme.

----------------
Radiant Gallant rapid reaction force (Order allegiance; 2k pts)

Lord-Celestant (Reckless, Relic Blade) - 100
Liberators (5; swords&shields, grandsword) - 100
Liberators (5; hammers&shields, grandhammer) - 100
Decimators (5) - 200
Protectors (5) - 200
Judicators (5; crossbows, shockbolt) - 160
Judicators (5; crossbows, shockbolt) - 160
Skyborne Slayers - 140

Retributors (5; 2 starsouls) - 220
Retributors (5; 2 starsouls) - 220
Prosecutors (3; hammers&shields, grandhammer) - 100
Hammerstrike Force - 120

Knight-Venator (Phoenix Stone) - 120
Prosecutors (3; javelins&shield, trident) - 80

Pros: diverse arrangement of troops; still decent mobility after the teleport
Cons: need to build and paint 4 Retributors and 3 Prosecutors; Prosecutors vulnerable
----------------
or
----------------
Radiant Gallant rapid reaction force (Order allegiance; 2k pts)

Lord-Celestant (Reckless, Relic Blade) - 100
Liberators (10; swords&shields, grandswords) - 200
Liberators (10; hammers&shields, grandhammers) - 200
Decimators (5) - 200
Protectors (10) - 400
Judicators (10; crossbows, shockbolts) - 320
Judicators (10; crossbows, shockbolts) - 320
Skyborne Slayers - 140

Knight-Venator (Phoenix Stone) - 120

Pros: nearly everything one batallion; total battleshock immunity; large units
Cons: need to paint 10 basecoated Judicators; mostly anti-infantry
----------------

I am really uncertain which one to go for. I wish I hadn't dragged my feet and had already painted the lot.
Thematically and mechanically the two are fairly similar, but I suspect they'll require some fairly different playstyles.

If things continue like this, order will win the campaign with no sweat. Do you think there will be some events were currently losing factions will get extra points for wins or something like that, to make it more exciting.

So with all the hype and increased player base around my locals. Ive decided to get back into working on my hallowed knights

Speaking of which; WHEN DID MORE AUDIO BOOKS COME OUT?!

last thing i listened to was nagash detroying tarsus and manfred running away. Now there are 4 new cds?!

Give it a week before making predictions.

>local store has 4 people signed up so far
>all order

These are the Chaos Leaders I have, which is best to lead my forces?
> Herald of Nurgle
> Herald of Tzeentch either disc or foot
> Daemon Prince
> Belly Kor
> Kairos
> Great Unclean One

>order nearly 50% in all 3 cities

praise kroak
praise aelf thighs

So is Abhorent easier to copywrite than Strigoi?

GAS THE LIZARDS

REALM WAR NOW

Have these things changed any today? I don't actually see much difference from yesterday.

It depends, the thing is with Strigoi the term is associated with other Intelectual Properties depicting roughly the same type of thing.

If you were to trademark the word Abhorent, specifically for that unit (with a very precise description of what it is), then it should be pretty simple.

Trademark laws are a bit easier to work with than Copyright in regards to this sort of thing as long as you're specific. Any word is fine (no matter how generic it may seem) as long as it's given a very precise definition.

There's a comic and tv series that uses that word for it's vampires. And it's likely not the only one. So yes.

Greywater Fastness had some gains on the sides of all sides expect chaos, who lost a good bit.
In the Living City Death gained a lot of traction for a while, but already lost most of it again.
Phoenicium had some Order/Chaos contention for a while (not to the point of actually threatening Order's dominance, mind you), but it seems to be back to the standard arrangement for the time being.

daily reminder that the skinks get to enjoy milky aelf thighs while you're smelling archaon's farts

Order holding, but getting worn down slowly, then, is the gist of it?

>Go to LGS with army lists for beginners made in last thread by Anons
>Hello Mr. Seller, I would like to take a look at these warhammer miniatures so I could decide if I want to start playing this thing. Could you show me some stormcast eternal miniatures?
>Nope, we have only unpacked starter set - noone is buying or playing AoS here or anywhere within a radius of 50 km
>Oh my, but why? I heard it's pretty easy for beginners, without fuck-tone of rules and General's Handbook is coming...
>Yeah, but we don't like it here, GH is going to be a shit and this game will be dead in next half year
>B-but why?
>Because we don't like it and it's terrible
>So maybe start collecting for wh40k? I would like to play 500p games or kill teams
>Noone is playing low point games here, sorry m8. There are no people willing to play with 10 minis on table if they have armis of 500 for 5-6k of currency

Yeah, it was nice to have fun with AoS or 40k. I will try to ask about AoS group in other LGS but this one has the biggest WH community in my area so well - I tired

>....and to have it on the shelf

You just don't get it do you?
Other than liking to have the books in the shelf of my hobby room, I do believe in supporting the hobbies that I like.

Ill get both, I just don't want to carry my book around when I go play. But I didn't want to buy 2 books (one real and one IRL).
In 40k they have something called "gamers edition" thats like a third of the price, no fuss and just the rules. I was mostly interested if it was the same?

Fug, I mean unopened

>how to add a blank page to pdf?

Seriously, how to add a blank page to pdf?

mega.nz/#!j1w2iLLA!a3XcDaBv1tYflf2Ixx_tVjk6g5zNA8dYZ_p4Cqf0xyU

How to paint Sylvaneth here.

Which of this guy's banners is which?

Thats the pennant

Whichever you like is the one it should be.

this pic is just so fucking perfect.
savved

this, he beat a cabal of them around the time Nagash was still banished.

I loved the reveal that Krell wasn't a mindless automaton but was actually the guy in charge between he two.

Arkhan is based, he was even good in the shitty historical series about Nagash with his lo e of being free and keeping a throwing knife up his sleeve from his gambling days.

Did Vlad show up in the plague books? I recall that his descent into necromancy was essentially the result of seeing his brothers family all die.

so I know there's been a lot of talk about how odd the StarDrake is and what it's actual function is, but what's the actual best way to run one? It's obviously a horde/elite unit Mulcher, should the rest of my list be balanced around having heavy hitters to take out monsters + support stuff?

Thank you, much appreciated.

he's not strong as any other 500 points monster. He hits hard-and can gulp entire enemies whole!-but not as hard as archaon or alarielle.
The thing he does, he shits every turn mortal wound on a lot of units on the battlefield, so he is really good at softening the enemy army before finishing them with a single charge.

Hey, do you have any other books? Like, persay, this:

Vlad gave him a chest containing copies of the nine books of Nagash.

Heartwood.

REMOVE NURGLE! PLAGUE SPAWN GENOCIDE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!
PURGE ROTKIN, WAR OF LIFE NOW!!!
TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

Say I want one but feel the design is lacking, what would be the best route to convert?

>translated for treeline
I! AAAAMM!! GRROOOOOOOOOT!

Use Smaug?

use some green stuff and change the position on the broken leg, and/or rotate the wings.
This little changes makes him SO better.

>using a wyvern model

Idea, use his wings on a carnosaur

Is the combination of Free Spirits, Household, and Forest Folk battalions good?
Because that's what I am planning on eventually getting for my Sylvaneth army.
Right now, I just have 3 Kurnoth Hunters, A Branchwytch and 16 Dryads.

This

Rotate the wings and suddenly he's Album Cover Tier badass

Didn't intend to reply to that post.

Any pics?

Any help?

Guys, I have a question; Would you guys play against somebody who used Pic related in their Vampire counts army? Its the Goritsi Starter box from wrath of kings, and for 30 dollars, USD, you get

2 Vampire Expies
14 Grave Guard/Necromancer/Vampires
8 Werewolves around the size of Vargheists
1 Werewolf the size of a Varghulf
1 Werewolf the size of a Crypt Haunter

This seems like a really kick ass deal; my only problem is that one, its not GW, and two, They look dangerously furry

As long as they are painted at least two different colors IDGAF. Looks great to me, have fun.

The game is a big cluster of fetishes.
Which is fine by me.
The game itself is pretty great, its only HUGE problem is that its dead.
Like, really dead.
And i don't suggest you to use them in Aos, the models are not in heroic scale and look completely different from anything from GW on the table.
It would just look different.

It'd kinda bother me if you're doing it soley because its cheap. If you wanted to use them because you really loved the models, sure, but it doesn't seem that way.

The Stardrake, regardless of rider, is basically meant to support the rest of the Chamber Extremis, i.e. your Dracothian Guard, all of which hit like a ton of bricks and are hella tough. Use the Stardrake to blunt enemy units that are about to be charged, dig out tarpitted units and troubleshoot where needed.
For example, don't be affraid to leave the drake in melee while the fulminators pull back for another charge. He's tough enough to last a while.

I wouldn't mind, the werewolves look appealing enough and, provided they are painted, would look pretty decent on the table. That said, that unit of three monopose witches is no good. That would look awful by modern standards.
Also, for some reason I am getting major Warmahordes vibes from this set.