Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #40

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin: pastebin.com/5P4NfuUh

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You got to meet the Galactic King on his visit to Earth, but soon found yourself locked in battle with another alien visitor: a blue space monster that looked like Godzilla! You had a couple near misses in combat with the alien, but ultimately prevailed thanks to Trip unlocking a hidden power with the King of the Monsters himself! After more training with Chi-chi, two major developments hit: King Cold is still alive, and...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zBVXitx0ylw
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9d9e7yu9ug
youtube.com/watch?v=akDKRow0QiA
youtube.com/watch?v=9u98OekvRTw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=zBVXitx0ylw

Vegeta stands before you all with the smuggest, most arrogant grin on his face, his prominent golden glow highlighting the bleached color of his hair. You can sense a lot of people converging on your location, Goku, Raditz, Chuu Lee, seems even Nappa is headed towards you. There's a silence as the Saiyan prince steps forward, interrupted only by...

"How?" your brother asks. "How'd you do it?"

"Hah! Turns out I was looking at this the wrong way." Vegeta responds with a laugh. "I kept projecting my rage outwards, blaming everyone else for my misfortunes. But it finally hit me. I finally took that rage inwards. I realized my limits, how far I, Prince Vegeta, had fallen..." he clenches his fist, then points at you. "...my loathing towards you, Tuffle, became self-loathing. I thank you for this. Because as I internalized that rage, as I realized how much of this was my own doing, I was able to tap into this Legendary power." He stares you down with a slightly sadistic smirk. "I really, truly thank you, Tuffle."

Your brother furrows his brow, then, with a smile, gives you a telepathic message, 'So he shouted "I WANNA BE A SUPER SAIYAN! I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA!" hard enough for it to finally happen.'

You try to hold back a laugh as people arrive.

>A. Well, congratulations Vegeta, you're a Super Saiyan!
>B. You know, Goku's still stronger than you
>C. What were you doing on the Lookout?
>D. Something esle?

>>A. Well, congratulations Vegeta, you're a Super Saiyan!

>>A. Well, congratulations Vegeta, you're a Super Saiyan!

>C. What were you doing on the Lookout?

>D. Fist bump!
>Still gonna need a few more tricks to beat me though.

>D. 'Acer, what did I fucking tell you about prying into people's minds'

You do give your brother a look of reminding him to not pry into people's minds. He proclaims innocence, he just figured that's what it sounded like. "Well, congratulations, Vegeta! You're a Super Saiyan! I've still got a few tricks up my sleeves myself, but you've certainly got an upper hand in strength." you tell the Prince genuinely, grinning wide. "Fist bump?" you ask, holding up your hand.

He gives you a confused expression. You don't even need to read his mind to tell he wanted you to be at least a LITTLE worried over this. Certainly was not expecting you to be congratulatory. He snorts dismissively as he spots your kids peek in from a doorway. You notice them too, and while Gohan does seem a little worried about this situation, Peppa seems a little upset at the Saiyan prince. Jealous, almost.

"Tch. So, you did it." Raditz's voice calls to Vegeta, full of frustration. The new Super Saiyan gains a smile at Raditz's misfortune... that vanishes immediately when Goku walks in.

"Nice job, Vegeta!" your husband tells him, a grin as wide and genuine as your own. "Guess you really will be able to beat Freeza."

"Just... agh!" he groans, walking away from you. Peppa immediately runs to your side, holding your leg tight and glaring at Vegeta.

"So, what were you doing at the Lookout?" Yamcha asks, giving the alien a suspicious look.

"I was allowed use of that Pendulum... whatever place with Nappa. We went back to Planet Vegeta as Freeza was about to destroy it." he tells your scar-faced friend.

"Freeza stood no chance against you." Nappa praises.

>A. ...that gives me an idea. Guys, we should test out how prepared we all are in there
>B. You sure she "allowed" it, or did you threaten your way in?
>C. Peppa, sweetie, what's wrong?
>D. Something else?

"I'm sure Raditz and Nappa will kick into high gear and be right behind you once they see this."

>A. ...that gives me an idea. Guys, we should test out how prepared we all are in there
"What form did you beat him in Vegeta?"

>D. Saiyans don't know the word for "Room," really? No wonder y'all needed two weeks of full moon to win that war.

>D. The same Frieza that destroyed a whole planet with his finger? There could stand to be a bit more planning involved in his takedown even with this transformation.

>D. "You know that Frieza has 4 transformations right?"

"What form did you beat him in, Vegeta?" you question. "And it's 'Pendulum Room.'"

He gives you a suspicious look. "...he had transformed twice."

"Hrmn. You could still beat him in his final form, I guess... but we'll have to give it a test ourselves." You clap your hands together. "All right folks, let's get a plan set. If we use the Pendulum Room ourselves to see what Cooler and King Cold are capable of, we'll have a better chance when they arrive. Vegeta wants to take on Freeza, and if he fights smart, he can probably do it."

"Sounds like a plan!" Goku states with a wide grin, your friends nodding in agreement.

Vegeta gives a satisfied grunt. "'Probably?' Oh he will definitely die at my hands, no matter how many times he transforms."

Raditz gives him an uncomfortable look, Goku seeming curious, while Nappa's face is full of pride. Your daughter holds onto your leg harder. "Peppa, sweetie, what's wrong?"

"...dun like him." she grumbles into your clothing.

You pick her up and pet her hair gently. "And why's that?"

"He's mean." she says in a voice barely louder than a whisper.

>A. I know sweetie, but it'll be fine, promise
>B. Doesn't mean we have to be mean back
>C. All right, let's all head to the Lookout!
>D. Something else?

Telepathically: 'And I think being not mean annoys him more.'

>C. All right, let's all head to the Lookout!

Pretty much this: Vegeta's looking to get a rise out of people. It's probably better to react in a way that he absolutely doesn't know how to deal with than to feed his ego.

This!

>D. It's because he's short, poopoo

Aren't we still shorter than him? We're shorter than Krillin, right?

Yup, I guess it fits with B.

I'll back this.

"Just because he's mean and rude, doesn't mean we have to be mean back." you tell your daughter. Then, you telepathically add, 'Besides, he gets upset when you're nice to him too. Probably moreso. So better to be the bigger girl and be nice. Even if you're shorter than him. He probably hears a lot of short jokes himself.'

"Like mommy?" she asks innocently.

You sigh and hang your head a little. "Like mommy. Anyway, people, we've got a plan! Everyone, head to the Lookout."

A short trip there later, you explain to Trip your plan. She gives a mildly concerned look, telling you to be careful, but agrees to allow you to use the Pendulum Room to practice against Cooler and Freeza. Popo guides you all to the room, Vegeta begrudgingly powering down at Goku's recommendation.

Once inside the room, you're transported back to the incident. And there, you hear a voice you haven't heard in a while. "FREEEEZZAAAAAA!" Goku's dad roars, plowing his way through soldiers. Nappa, to your surprise, gives him an approving comment.

"At least he went out like a proper Saiyan. Fighting to the end."

Raditz gives a nod as well. "Didn't work. But he had the guts to do it on his own."

Vegeta readies himself. "Freeza is mine. Don't interfere."

>A. Seek out Cooler's ship
>B. Stick with Vegeta
>C. Try to help out Bardock
>D. Chi-chi, fusion!
>E. Something else?

>E. Go kill King Vegeta, that never gets old.

>D. Chi-chi, fusion!

>D. Chi-chi, fusion!

backing
backing
backing

King Vegeta is already dead.

>D. Chi-chi, fusion!

No he isn't.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9d9e7yu9ug
Story: Bullshit.

>D. Chi-chi, fusion!

But now the question is: do we try to see if we can gank Cooler ASAP, or draw it out so that he pulls out all the stops?

Probably draw it out so we don't get surprised by anything in the real world.

Since that bit about his death is told by an unreliable narrator, there is a 50/50 chance he's alive right now.

Rolled 1 (1d2)

1-Heads
2-Frieza's new belt

Welp, he's not Frieza's new belt.

>E. Something else?
Can we have someone IT over to Bardock and bring'em over to Goku?

I always love father-son time...

So do you guys think Towa can interfere with the pendulum room at all?

Don't think so unless we meet 'Penedulum Towa'

Hi Kato hi questers

Hey, he could've sent a look-a-like in his place to die, and then go off to form a Saiyan Colony out somewhere. Probably name the new world after Vegeta and Tarble's momma.

>Vegeta and Tarble's momma.

"Good luck, Vegeta!" you tell him, Lapis teleporting you to Cooler's ship with everyone but Vegeta, Nappa, and to your surprise, Raditz, who moves to Bardock. "Chi-chi, before he's out, fusion."

She nods in agreement, the two of you readying yourselves. "Fuuuuuu..."

"-sion!"

"HA!"

youtube.com/watch?v=akDKRow0QiA

You slam your fist into your palm. Machi's back, baby!

Lapis and Yamcha fuse as well, Lacha standing beside you as Acer, Lazuli, and Chuu Lee ready themselves. Goku powers up, places his hands on his hips, and shouts, "Come on out Cooler!"

A door on the top of the ship opens, Cooler floating out in the same hoverchair Freeza has, flanked by his henchmen. Lazuli glares at them all, her body trembling. The alien tyrant gives a dismissive look at you all. "If you're trying to challenge me, you're all making a terrible mistake."

"The only mistake here is the one you made by ruining people's lives, Cooler." Lazuli roars at him.

The three minions with him try to check you all with their Scouters... which promptly explode as Goku goes Super Saiyan.

>A. Attack! Go after Cooler!
>B. Take out the minions first
>C. Lazuli, give your trick a try! Everyone else, here're some sunglasses!
>D. RAIO-TEN!
>E. KAIO-KEN!
>F. Spirit Bits, ready to go!
>G. Something else?

Looks more like a Tenchi Muyo Jurai character, rather than a Toriyama-style Saiyan.

I think it's the lack of spiky hair, really.

>D. RAIO-TEN!

>G. Something else?
I wanna see how much Samma Vaca weakens Cooler compared to his brother.

>G. Something else?

Samma Ajiva (or whatever that ally support boost one is) on Vegeta.

>B. Take out the minions first

Pretty much this. We have to make it clear to Cooler that we're a big threat and that he's going to have to defend himself seriously.

Vegeta is in a different fight. Besides he wants to do it alone.

>D. RAIO-TEN!

I feel like the henchman are just going to evaporate or stay the fuck away with how much high powered shit is about to be thrown around.

Did Cooler start training inbetween the time Frieza blew up Planet Vegeta in order to get his next form?

I figure the pendulum room is a good measure of their power since Frieza, and Cold don't actually train. However Cooler said it himself he worked his ass off to get one over his brother.

>G. We can do better than just spirit bits, we're MaCHI, after all! Spirit Slicers and decapsuled weapons enhanced with Z-Spirit Stingers.

Does Machi have a fused version of the rainbow sword and bansho fan?

Bansho Rainbow?

Rolled 19, 1, 18, 7, 1 = 46 (5d20)

Roll me 1d20, best of five. DC is 14.

>G. power blade bits

Rolled 16 (1d20)

NO WHAMMIES PLEASE.

Rolled 8 (1d20)

give us time to get some fused tactics out for voting, goddamn

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Rolled 14 (1d20)

A list of techniques we can combine with Chichi's would be nice...

DESU a known technique list for all our people would be nice but that's time consuming as fuck.

dice+1d20

first roll... hopefully

Rolled 20 (1d20)

:^)

thank you pointy nosed smiley man!

just keep on smilln' buddy, you've earned it.

Those Spirit Slicers better produce Blood Fountains out of the Armored Squadron. Like, tiny tornados of blade.

Rolled 1, 10, 18, 19, 16 = 64 (5d20)

Well damn, Tuffle luck lasts even through the fusion.

Writing after this roll...

Um...

>all these 1, and 19's.
Liam is funny today.

Can we show the Armored Squadron our Ginyu Badge or magic materalize one up before we taken them out?

I WANT THEM TO KNOW THAT THEY WERE BEATEN BY GINYU FORCES' BEST!

Rolled 7, 12, 16, 10, 20 = 65 (5d20)

>Liam is funny today.
[bleat of disapproval]

Could we combine our Geist Magnum and Phantom Shotgun into a new technique in our fused state?

Basically take the burst of power from Phantom Shotgun and add it to the speed of geist magnum.

Ecto-Plasma Blast!

You take your stance alongside Goku and Lacha, while Acer, Lazuli, and Chuu Lee ready themselves against Cooler's goons.

The three aliens strike a pose. "We of Cooler's Armored Squadron will not let you freaks get past us!"

With a combined roar, everyone powers up and charges. Lazuli takes on the Brench alien while Acer and Chuu Lee fight the frog-like one and green, hulking one respectively. You, Goku, and Lacha bolt at Cooler, taking turns attacking him. At first he seems to have the upper hand against the other fusion, but with your Spirit Bits coming to aid to shield him against Cooler's attacks. Goku then enters the fray, his fist slamming into Cooler's jaw hard enough to send him crashing through his ship. Lacha forms a sphere of Ki in his palm, but a strange aura surrounds it, power swirling around.

"DRAGON SPHERE!" he roars, firing what seems to be a purple, black, and blue Ki attack shaped like Goku's Dragon Fist with the Spirit Ball inside it. The dragon strikes Cooler repeatedly, Lacha directing it.

"Samma Vaca!" you shout, weakening Cooler further. He's probably only at 75 million right now. Goku follows through with his Meteor Combination, the final attack blasting Cooler right at you. You drop it long enough to form a Spirit Sword, and, with an added bit of ingenuity, manage to combine part of it with the Power Slicer, the blade becoming less of a sword and more of a Ki chainsaw. The attack slashes Cooler in the side, missing his vitals, but cutting his tail clear off halfway.

(cont.)

youtube.com/watch?v=9u98OekvRTw

Cooler looks back at you all. He's... livid. "You... YOU CUT OFF MY TAIL." Goku and Lacha move to you, ready to strike again... but then you sense Cooler's Ki rise. "I guess it was good that I tried training myself. You fools will be the first to ever witness this form in combat!"

Cooler's body grows, armor shifting, head gaining a strange crown of sorts as spikes jet out from his arms and legs, eyes becoming blood-red. To complete the transformation, his face gains a mouth plate. What's more... his wounds seem to heal up. His power level... it's enormous. It feels closer to Towa's than anything you've felt before. As soon as he's done... he immediately fires a beam at Lacha, striking him in the shoulder as he barely dodges in time to avoid it hitting his heart. Goku quickly tries to fire a Kamehameha and...

...Cooler SWIMS THROUGH IT, popping out the other side and punching the Super Saiyan's jaw, sending him flying. You barely manage to make a barrier with the Spirit Bits as he fires at you as well, almost nonchalantly. The barrier can barely hold the attack, shattering but keeping it from harming you. "It was a mistake to cut off my tail. You will suffer for that."

>A. KAIO-KEN! TIMES FIVE!
>B. Guys, some backup!
>C. Heal Lacha, quickly!
>D. Spirit Saw! Try to make it count!
>E. Something else?

>E. Something else?
LUNAR SIREN!

>E.Magnified Phantom Shotgun

>D. Spirit Saw! Try to make it count!

Alright good. We learned of Coolers 5th form IC.

Need another attack.

Grab his severed tail and start beating him with it.

Rolled 5, 19, 4, 4, 12 = 44 (5d20)

Okay, 1d20, best of five. DC is 18.

Rolled 13 (1d20)

Rolled 1 (1d20)

Rolled 2 (1d20)

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Rolled 10 (1d20)

Welp. Liam's abandoned us.

Time for Cooler to rip our fusion apart like cotton candy.

Rolled 13, 10, 20, 8, 15 = 66 (5d20)

...welp.

Rolled 20, 7, 4, 2, 10 = 43 (5d20)

...WELP!

Writing after this roll...

>two 20's

Well I guess we know who's pulling the weight around here.

Interesting... I mean the dice know how to create drama.

>First roll
Friends get 1s, we get 20.

>Second roll
We get 1, Friends get 20s

Liam is an equal opportunist.

You try to brace yourself, forming a sphere of Ki in your hand... only for Cooler to shoot it, barely missing your hand as he does. You let your Ki surge. "KAIO-KEN TIMES FIVE!" you scream, forming the Spirit Saw again... only for Cooler to catch your arm, breaking it in his grip.

"Not this time."

A beam shoots right through your heart next. Your vision starts to fade as you see him prepare to fire at you again. You see... a golden glow moving towards the battle as you hear Acer and Goku scream your names.

...you wake up, rubbing your head. Chi-chi gets up next to you, checking to make sure there isn't a hole in her chest, then sighing in relief. "Ugh... that... hurt like hell."

"Well, lesson learned, Cooler is way, way stronger than us..."

"MAMA!" two voices scream... breaking the door to the Pendulum room. Gohan and Peppa nearly pounce at you, tears in their eyes.

"Shh, shh, I'm okay, it's okay sweeties." You try to comfort them, fingers gently going through their blonde hair.

...wait.

WAIT, WHAT?!

Trip comes in, having chased after them, panting. "Th-there you two ar- ...oh my."

You look at your kids, lip trembling a little. They sob into your shirt, not really aware of what's going on. "Thought... thought you were..."

You just hold the two tight. "I'm... I'm right here."

(cont.)

More presences seem to come in after you. First is Goku, who bolts over to you and picks you up in relief, Acer heading to Chi-chi. "Sorry Maple, I didn't-" Goku starts, but stops. Gohan and Peppa's hair returns to normal the moment their dad notices, the two of them starting to rest against you. Vegeta didn't seem to catch it himself, as he leaves in a bit of a huff, Nappa following. But before he goes, Nappa turns to Raditz and gives an approving nod. "Guess you're really not such a weakling after all, kid."

You look to Raditz. Seems your kids weren't the only ones who managed it today either.

>A. Sorry about that, guys. How did the fight with Cooler go?
>B. Goku! Goku Goku Goku! They did it!
>C. The blonde looks nice on you, Raditz
>D. Something else?

Goddamn!!

Well we know how dangerous this is.

Too hype

Then

Then

>D. Something else?
"This means the kids can start training!"