Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/
Fantasy world edition
What's your favorite fantasy world? To play in? To read in general? Discuss

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/charging-stag-style-combat-style
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reposting from last thread:
>How broken would it be to change the Enlightened Paladin's Unarmed Strike to grant Weapon Focus and Sacred Weapon damage for his deity's favored weapon?

Very.

Which of the 1pp unarmed Style feat chains are worth taking? Any of them?

>to play
As far as pre-written ones go, freeport. My group has a thing for pirates
>to read
Discworld.

>you will never be a bad enough dude to convert an entire nest of harpies from CE asswipes to productive NG members of society

Feels bad man. Kestrals are pretty cool at least, though I doubt I'll ever see them get used anywhere.

I unfortunately am a shit and don't know many fantasy worlds, or remember most of the ones I've read about. Most of the time they tend to be either terrible or just so generic and unmemorable that I can't give two shits.

Looks like Shoka got out threaded

Is there any classes that get bonus feats that you can take Magic Tails with?

You'd be surprised. Quite a few of them are good.
My favorite by far is Kirin Style.

The big problem I see is that unarmed strike isn't an island. You'd also need to redesign divine body, and you'd loose a bunch of utility of the ki pool.

That said, it still has it's shitty version of smite and sacred weapon isn't particularly powerful so I wouldn't think it'd be too bad.

SoP Incanter

With 1pp, take the Wrecking Mysticism Oracle curse and replace all your mystery spells with the feats.

Pic related.

Reposting:
/PFG/ Is there anyway to be able to crit an inanimate object? The closest I can find is by using a Maul of the Titans.

What's this supposed to be? It's making me think of /dlq/

Wait, what? What is this?

>ignoring IRC rules so soon after they got changed

I'll supplicate them with another drow.

Look fuckers I don't go to your IRC but I'm still going to say this:
Keep that shit in there and not out here, alright?

Yeah, that'd be lovely.

That's not even good drow art, plebanon.

Here, fucking here.

Is Mithral Current useable with no feat investment?
Aside from Quick Draw, I guess. That seems absolutely mandatory.

Holy shit that's perfect.
That's great, also thanks user.

How about this?

It is. That's the map Domo made to track progress through the Dungeon.

I'm blushing.

You caught my attention.

Pummeling is pretty great, Kirin is good, Grabbing Drag and Kraken are useful for grappling depending on your build, Charging Stag is unique (and strangely not listed on the srd), Dragon is great if you've got huge Str, Tiger has some fun uses in a combo Bull Rush build, really most of them are nice for one thing or another.

Doesn't Kirin use way too many swift actions?

You don't actually need Quick Draw; you can draw weapons during iaijutsu strikes as a free action.

>(and strangely not listed on the srd)
>d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/charging-stag-style-combat-style
???

Combat Stamina lets Kirin Strike passively add your Int all the time on things you've ID'd as opposed to needing to spend a swift for double. You still CAN spend a swift to double if you have it free though.

Too bad not everything gets combat stamina and it's in an alternate rules book. Though that does make it more useful. Still, having to spend an additional feat to make these feats not shit sucks.

Oh, holy shit, you're right. It just needs you to have +1 BAB.
Though, doesn't sheathing a weapon provoke?
I reckon the stances fix that, yeah?

To be fair, combat stamina is, as far as combat feats go, pretty good in a lot of cases. There's some really useful effects in there.

>Combat Stamina lets Kirin Strike passively add your Int all the time
It still requires TWO swifts to enable (one to enter the style, one to ID).

>enter the style
why would you ever exit the style

Yeah, the stances handle that. You need EITHER MC stances or Mixed Combat to be really good at it. Otherwise you can still just dip in and use them in the first round.

Oh, I'm not saying it isn't good (Though the few I looked at aren't great) I'm just saying it's a damn shame it's a feat to make other feats less shit (except for an optional rules for fighters, I think?)

There isn't any rules about when you can be in a style though, so you basically just turn it on and you're good.

You can't keep styles up out of combat. You explicitly have to enter the style every time you enter combat to benefit from it.
Styles are much more restrictive than stances.

My favorites are jabbing style and panther style. Jabbing style is especially good for the unchained monk and Panther style is especially good for the stalker. If you do a sacred fist with a dip in master of many styles you can also combine dragon style with pummeling style to annihilate everything with one punch.

>As a swift action, you can enter the stance employed by the fighting style a style feat embodies. Although you cannot use a style feat before combat begins, the style you are in persists until you spend a swift action to switch to a different combat style.
>you cannot use a style feat before combat begins

There are, though. Paizo specifically stated no styles out of combat and you have to start it as a swift. This was frustrating for PoW's style feat design.

This user is right, drawing isn't the hard part, sheathing is.

But you can still do it, you just need to be in a mithral current stance that allows free sheathing, and most do.

Even without that it's still doable, just a bit awkward (You either need to take your move action to sheathe your weapon, turning all strikes into full attack equivalents in terms of how much of your turn they take up, or you keep a bunch of cheap daggers sheathed on your person and draw a new one with every strike, dropping it as a free action right after)

Wrong quote.
Wanted to quote this dude:

Pls respond I love redemption stories.

I just picked a harpy image out of my image folder and slapped it out, user. The redemption thing was just in reference to harpies in Golarian.

But then what are Kestrels and why'd you talk about them??

Hrm.

I mean, by that, you have to be in combat to start it, but combat ENDING doesn't end your style.

By RAW at least.

Look this is a really fucking dumb ruling can we all just ignore that shit and say that switching from one style to another costs a swift but if you only have one style it's always on unless you spend a swift to voluntarily turn it off and on for some obscure reason

I mean, it maybe a dumb ruling but it's still the rules. You can argue to get your DM to accept your house rule, but it's exactly that and when we discuss it we should specify what the rules are before going into potential house rules. It makes it much easier to communicate when we all start with the same base rules.

Sorry, I meant it's not listed on the same page as the rest of the Style feats.

Out of all the PoW style feat chains, which one is the strongest on paper?
Not in an optimization way, but in a "this is clearly the most powerful one" way.

How can I make a non-silver weapon count as if it was a silver weapon? Permanently, preferably, though I'm sure there's some kinda weapon oil for that.

The backstory for Kestrals is that a bunch of harpies were harassing a halfling village. Some hotshot paladin came in and decided to convert the harpies to good instead of just smiting them, and went through a bunch of hoops to convince the demon-worshiping hedonists that being pleasant people is more rewarding than worshiping a demon lord. Harpies were convinced, moved in with the halflings, and the result was kestrals.

Doesn't a +3 weapon count as silver for damage reduction?

I want it for Mithral Current silver vulnerability stuff.

Make it out of Mithral, or be a Soulknife.

Mithral doesn't count as silver for mithral current, does it?

Imo, Sleeping Goddess, Solar Wind, and Veiled Moon. Probably Veiled Moon. It's got much higher-level prerequisites but that shit's hilarious.

Is there really no way to make an an adamantine weapon also count as silver?
I checked the alchemical silver thing and it explicitly states that it won't work on adamantine gear.

Mithral does indeed count as silver, and lacks a damage penalty.

I don't actually know shit about blacksmithing but because adamantine is a made-up fake metal can't you just say your sword is made of adamantine-silver alloy and call it a day?
I mean, it's not in the rules, but...

For the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, apparently I was wrong on that count. That wouldn't apply for vulnerability, though.

Tossing in some food for thought /pfg/, tell me your thoughts.

-The hunter's animal companion functions at 1half/2× their level.
-The ranger gets hunter's bond at 1st level and functions at effectively on par druid level.
-The ranger and paladin casts spells at 1st level and can cast up to 6th level spells.
-Fighter/(un)chained rogue/ (un)chained barb/(un)chained monk archetypes can continually stack on top of each other in spite of not being able to.

Well there's the 8th-level MC stance
Plus a couple MC manuevers
And the last MC style feat

Actually I'm pretty sure the silversheen magic item would work, it would just suppress the adamantine-ness at the same time.

The problem is practically everything that makes your weapon "count as" a material only mentions for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. I'm not sure if this was intentional, in order to make regeneration and such harder to overcome, or if they just forgot that special materials can matter for reasons other than damage reduction.

wtf I hate honey now

fuck you dude change your mind right now
bees are awesome

This isn't helping.

You're eating bee semen

Bee puke, actually.

I have a ton of DEX.
Is Combat Reflexes worth it even though I'm not using a reach weapon?

No.

What's the best class to fuck over one enemy? Witches? Some of my team like to turn into bloody mists by being combat stupid so I want to give them a fighting chance at least.

Hey, wait, do locked creatures provoke AoO for trying to break out? It says they make a move action, then attempt to break lock, and are treated as if they had moved even if they fail. Seems like it would provoke!

Talking about Fool's Errand, to clarify.

I have exactly 2200gp.
What's the best +1 thing to put on my katana?
Keen?

How would the stacking work? Just ignore what is being replaced?

Nope. It doesn't say it does, and isn't in a category defined to provoke, so it doesn't.

Also, breaking out of a grapple doesn't provoke either, as a note.

Yeah

Keen, Impact, Linked Striking, Vicious.

Although hilariously, the cheapest yet most destructive enhancement bonus is Sapping + Merciful which does 3d6 nonlethal damage

>tfw you're nonlethal-focused rogue and you fight undead

Courageous if you have anyone at all in the party who can give morale bonuses. It's flexible and powerful.

+1, because with only 2200 you can't put anything else on it.

Says Linked Striking is a +2, user

Huh?
I thought once the weapon had the +1 on it, your enchanter buddy NPC can convert the +1 into an ability?
I mean, most abilities simply state "+#" as their cost.

No, you have to have a +1 before adding any other abilities. Adding, not changing. You can't change abilities into other abilities unless your DM house rules it, and even then that wouldn't get rid of the +1 requirement (again, unless your dm house rules it.)

Even having someone craft a weapon for you would still cut the difference from 8000-2000=6000 gp, which when crafted would be 3000 gp cost.

Samurai or Bushi, right?

Instead of spending on a pisspoor +1 weapon enchantment, grab a Scabbard of Honing and Scabbard of Vigor. Both are great and if your DM allows, you can just combine the price of both to make a single scabbard instead.

So I could make an armor master-weapon master-sword lord?
Fucking wat

Wait, you're telling me that something like a Flaming Longsword isn't possible and you have to go for a +1 Flaming Longsword that costs 8000 frickin' gp?
What the hell?
That's ridiculous.

Yes.

Player in my campaign wants to be a Magus using Words of Power. It seems pretty shit for prepared casters though, so he's asked if he can be a spontaneous casting Magus. Would that buff be fair?

The other players in the campaign are a Wizard and a Witch, so I doubt he'll unbalance anything.

Yeah, Witches are terrifying. Evil eye the saves, cackle so that even if they make the save, it stays on them. Evil eye them again on attack rolls,then misfortune. Now they're rolling two D20s to each attack and save, and picking the lowest, and both are at decent penalties. Target the meanest things you can with this, and pop off an enervation. Target is likely not a problem anymore, and can be killed at leisure. Slumber is good too, doesn't fall off the way sleep does. Just remember cackle lets you add one round of effectiveness to a hex, and you can use a move action to cackle, or double cackle in a turn, to make your mean debuff hexs last until the enemy is in the ground.

That's absolutely ridiculous!
You need to be like level 8 to have a semi-decent weapon!

That's been the rule for the past 16 years minimum.

u wot

Most of the time, murderhobos just loot magical gear off of things they kill.

>Spending wealth on weapons

Might make those classes actually helpful for fucking once

I mean, if you wanted a semi-decent weapon you'd get something better than a +1 flaming.