CYOA General

Last thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxbrh3Q2CTiydDVRZHZROF96ODA
drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxbrh3Q2CTiyfkN4RzhjYVc3am5MV1FfelgwaG9PWWwwSWkzbUQ3TDNRaXVXRmJKZ0hNWTg
pasteboard.co/bZ3dBimQk.jpg
pasteboard.co/bZ3NCk25J.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Image version in the pdf.

And DLC.

UPDATE - New Page
(1 / 23)
I'm just gonna post the intros & libraries unless someone requests other pages. The whole thing can be found here:
drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxbrh3Q2CTiydDVRZHZROF96ODA

(2 / 23)

(3 / 23)

In case anyone missed it in the last thread, this version is for feedback only! It is currently in a monstrous intermediate stage in transition, and really not suited to making a build with as is right now.

It's going terribly. I was trying to make a kind of Muad'Dib figure with only mental powers, and a particular emphasis on prediction and Divination. And I also wanted to put him in modern times because prehistory is booo-ring. But it's a uninteresting mess right now. Might have to try again tomorrow.

New intro page. It changed the numbering on all the others...
(4 / 23)

And the relevant notes for this intermediate version,

>drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxbrh3Q2CTiydDVRZHZROF96ODA
Usually not into waifu stuff, but this seems high quality enough that it's at least work a look. Will report back!

The undead have it rough.
(20 / 23)

(21 / 23)
Library 1

>seems high quality enough
Thanks
>Will report back!
looking forward to it.

Hey, are you the author who does the artistic genie cyoas? If so, do you have the gallery for that?

(22 / 23)
Library 2 (Updated)

Done. And that's it for Sgt. beri's Lonely Hearts Club Band for now.

Yeah, just a sec.

Here y'are.

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxbrh3Q2CTiyfkN4RzhjYVc3am5MV1FfelgwaG9PWWwwSWkzbUQ3TDNRaXVXRmJKZ0hNWTg

Fuck yeah! I knew it was going to be a undead theme!

Thanks, have one of my own cyoas.

>Two undead girls
Cuuuuute

Seems like I chose a good theme.

And here is part two.

>get her to take off the mask for you
>Beyn
Was this on purpose

Yes. You think memes are your ally? You merely adopted the memes. I was born in them; molded by them. I didn't see normies until I was already an adult, by then they were nothing to me but blinding.

But yes, most (all but maybe one or two) of the names have some clear connection to their theme.

Aw sweet, more updates.

Ennui seems nice. Nothing special for me personally though, and the nightmare thing kinda sucks. I can become Danny Phantom though, so that's neat.

>See Diane's intro
Boy it sure looks like she could use a - damn, you already used that joke.
I really like her. By the sound of it, I think it's safe to assume she can use enhancement on herself, right?

The electricity power is great too. Don't care about her last offer though.

Oki still best girl

Spelling errors:

>Iffin you wanna have it, you can.
>Plus, you be able to absorb electricity

Can anyone upload branching heart to imgur?

Why do you want dramatically compressed images? Just go to Beri's google folder.

If you're still there, drop me a contact on the #CYOA IRC. I'm sure we can figure something out together.

Does the drive not work for you? You should be able to view them all there, just clicking the [>] button to go to the next one.

While Diane *could* use enhancement on herself, it goes against what she believes in. That is, looking more human. Big ol' robo-fists and the like don't mesh well with that. She could change out for alternate biological parts if you wanted her to, though. As is, she's been trying to remain as similar as possible to how she was when alive.

>gone for a bit
>come back
>people talking about me!
>mostly hating :'(

Since all you care about is looks, here's some pics for you. Not posting here cuz I keep gettin banned >=(

pasteboard.co/bZ3dBimQk.jpg

pasteboard.co/bZ3NCk25J.jpg

Drive doesn't seem to include the 4th page, fyi.

Did you check recently? I uploaded all the new stuff shortly after posting it here.

I was actually reading through this again the other night. One thing that would be really helpful, if admittedly a pain for you to update I expect, is if you put some kind of shorthand mark on characters and/or powers (as relevant). Like for example a colored circle in the corner.

In particular, indicators that I would find helpful are ones showing: 1) This character/power makes the life orb or some other benefit obsolete or substantially obsolete; 2) This character practically requires dream home (and if a power removes this necessity); 3) This character practically requires welfare (and if a power removes necessity); 4) Character retains powers and/or gifts you don't pick. 5) I mention this mostly because Andrea specifically has an ability to deal with it - whether there is reproductive compatibility. That struck me as unusual, because a lot of the other girls are so alien there is a legitimate question about this at least equal to Andrea. Thematically, it's usually not an issue in these kinds of CYOAs, but Andrea raises the common sense issue by possessing it.

I don't make these suggestions because you have dropped the ball - I think you can logically figure things out 9/10 times. It would just clear up those few cases where it's fairly debatable and make it easier to understand at a moment's glance. I know this would be a major hassle, but I am just throwing this out there for you as a point to consider. Overall, I think you do an excellent job.

Surprised no dullahan girl yet Beri, and it's really good to see you again also btw.

You're supposed to think for yourself, not be bound item-to-girl.

They're too small to read, and I can't seem to enlarge them in any way.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

What can I say? I like big boobs.

Oh, it's there now; thanks.

I couldn't figure it out either so i just downloaded them.

I try to be pretty explicit in it. If any transformation says you'll be "genuine" or "just like me," then it comes with immortality. As default no one keeps their items (or if they do, they won't use them), however a couple may explicitly say it. It would be a bit much to add all that, but I can see why you might want to know. As a rule of thumb, you can have children with anyone... even slimes and ghosts and things... Andrea's a special case because she's a manmade robot & that's extra functionality you're dealing with.

Don't give up hope, yet. I'm *considering* another undead-type page. Maybe...
>good to see you again
thanks!

If you click to enlarge and then zoom in (scroll up) it'll enlarge. It might need a moment to load higher quality to let you continue zooming in, though.

Yeah, she'd be willing to do that to an extent if it made you like her more.

Good, I was worried for a moment that the drive wasn't working properly.

Huh, it works fine for me. You just have to wait a couple seconds for it to load a higher res version.

>Orb of Life
Obvious
>Library
Full access to a magical library? Yes, please. I'm sure I can dig up some nice goodies, there.

Pass on the extra perk with condition.

>Choice: Pan
SUPER low maintenance; more so than any of the others from what I can tell. She'll be a new "little sister" roommate for me and my wife. And she's constantly making delicious breads and pastries for me, and she's not overly sexualized, but still attractive.

Uh... are there any ways I missed in here to grant unagingness to someone else? Because that gets kind of dark, otherwise.

>Help: Working: Sell some pastries, or work at a local bakery.
>Blessing: Metabolism.
Desperately will need this; eating whatever the hell I want, forever? Yes. All the yes. nom nom nom nom.
>Present: Earthen Cupcake
Don't plan on fighting anything, but this seems like a good defensive ability.

>Library grants charm that prevents excess weight
Uh, doesn't the "Metabolism" blessing already do this? Kind of disappointing, to be honest.

Can we interpret the library to grant access to other useful information in time, or is it more a "one time blessing" type of thing?

>Innate
>Average
>Renegades

>Strength 1
>Agility 1
>Endurance 2
>Durability 2
>Enhanced Senses 2
>Stealth 1
>Reflexes 3
>Immunity 2
>Stylish 1
>Self Healing 2
>Social Enhancement 2
>Weapon Mastery 1 (my bow)
>Focus 1
>Training 2
>Passion 2

3 points from Valuable
>Overcharge 1
>Analysis 2

>Unique Weapon
Bow with explosive arrows.
>Reputation
Motivational and inspiring to everyone.
>Squad
Propaganda team.
>Defector (free from Renegades)
Corrine Devoe
>Celebrity (free from Fiona)

>Aaron Moore
>Yuito Kataoka

>Valuable
>Fiona Dawley

>government discovers my family has innate powers perfect for making supersoldiers
>I volunteer for research so they don't take my sister instead
>government awakens my powers and gives me training
>but they only want to use me for evil purposes
>escape from government and get picked up by group of other rogue supersoldiers
>just want to escape into hiding with my family, but many people were inspired by my very public escape from government
>renegades want to use me as propaganda piece while fighting evil government
>become friends with Corrine who wants to use dark magic to destroy the government once and for all
>Aaron gives me information about the government from the inside so they can't surprise me, Yuito designs helpful gadgets, armor, and weapons for me to use
>biggest problem is Fiona who is trying to slander me and undermine movement

From what people were saying, I thought they wanted more pictures. Guess not.....

Metabolism prevents permanent extra weight, but it may still take a few hours to disappear. With the library bonus, that is removed. Which is helpful for her to maintain a "little sister" aesthetic. The library technically lets you access other information, yes, but all you're directly given is a tidbit to help out with your roommate. In many cases, you need the librarian's help for more complicated boons. But in either case, you do have access to the whole thing, if you can learn it. There are ways to get immortality for someone else without an Orb of Life... just not through Pan. Most of the transformative options don't have strict limits saying they can only be used once, just that they need to be used sparingly or they'll cause unrest.

Would Diane be as cold as an actual corpse?

Oh, I forgot to say: I enjoyed the CYOA, in spite of my usual distaste for waifu ones. It implied sexuality without rubbing it in your face or being crude about it. The option without forcing it on you, so to speak. I need to give consent, monstergirls!

I didn't look at every single option; Pan was just so obviously the low maintenance one that wouldn't cause my life to uproot, so I mainly focused on her blessings.

The part at the very beginning when she's talking about washing each other's hair was a bit confusing at first; she referred to the options above, but you were meant to pick from one of the options below that. I had to read a few times to understand clearly.

The issue is one of purposeful vagueness to think up what you like (which I think is fine) versus vagueness in cases where there are hard rules that exist. The life orb, for example, applies to "full transformations." You can take this in a very strict sense, but there is a gradation where some are hard to call in my opinion. This is a nontrivial issue when making choices. Slime or Caldera transformation obviously qualifies. But what about Fei La's lesser demonify or becoming an avatar for Omne? Neither seem like strict transformations (and wouldn't be by a very hard reading) but I think they're fairly debatable. This extends to the other issues I brought up. Just something to contemplate.

This , should have been a response to , Sorry.

Responded to wrong person apparently. Thanks for answering my questions.

Any chance we'll be seeing you on irc again?

By default, yes. But she has the might of science and an affinity towards electricity. She could because an electric blanket (more-or-less) if you wanted.

>I enjoyed the CYOA
glad you liked it!
There's a few other low maintenance, like Harmony or Melody, for instance.

Fei La & Omne do not half Orb of Life alternatives. If it is a "full" transformation, then I try to explicitly say so.

Just logged on.

Origin: Mutagen, Natural Weapon 2
Appearance: Athletic
Faction: Cult, Self Improvement 2.
Perks: Prime Subject, Expert, Training, Authority, Charisma, Safe house.
Drawbacks: Body Guard(Hannah), Hated, Valuable, Traitor (Jim Boyce), Memory Loss(I was a hermit so it is of no consequence), Weakness(same thing as memory loss, but no one will know I even have one, shapeshift the best), Controlled(by the same means as body guard), Limited(I am bullshiting this as 20 years later while working for the cult), Uncanny(I have shape shifting 3 so it doesn't even matter). Total points gained 27.
Enemies: Fiona Dawley(just bitchy I stood her up on date night to fight enemy cultists), John York(will chill after I am disappear ), Derek Hall(incompetent fucker wont recognize me in a week) I don't want to leave any major enemies that are a threat to normal people, hence the annoyance brigade.
Allies: Alex Keller(my boss in the area, likes drinking when I cant get drunk. He is that special kind of asshole), Hannah Caldwell(My student that I am leaving my stuff with sense I finished raising her), Samuel Mason(mentor that sees me off and is going to watch over Hannah if she needs it).
Abilities: Strength 3, Agility 3, Endurance 2(monster men gotta eat sometime), Durability 3, Enhanced Senses 2, Reflexes 2, Natural Weapon 3, Immunity 3, Social Enhancer 1, Self Healing 3, Unarmed Mastery 3, Mental 2, Flight 2, Adaptability 3(pretty much removes weakness), Inheritable 3, Focus 3, Mind Reading 2, Predator 3, Self Improvement 2 for free from cult stuff, Shape shifting 3, Infection 3.
Been doing this job for a long time, forgot the start of my life, raised a kid, fought other cults, raised to the top of my existence and about as close to immortal as I can get, and have been released from my duties. Fuck it I'll help this chick for shits and giggles.Sup you need a unkillable monster on the team?I am very bored, so with that in mind where do I go first new boss?

>spoiler
I think it's just time zones doing things.

Fucking why. We were doing so well.

What's wrong?

Surprise truck killings in France followed by surprise civil war in Turkey

Unkillable monsters are always welcome in the fight against oppression!

Oh I see. California is way earlier than everywhere else.

I wish I could help, but I can't. So I'mma just keep doing cyoas and stuff.

Uh....what?
I thought it was you. Up for more tentacle funtime?

I guarantee the kids will get super powers and that I cuddle afterwards. You will be stupid or comatose afterwards though. I brush thoroughly after eating people too.

Dude, the Turkish prime minister is a wannabe Hitler with half the brain power, civil war was inevitable. I am surprised it took so long.

I change my mind, I want to be the master!

Have been playing pokemon go for a while now and I am really enjoying it even though it is only gen 1 pokes.

>all those broken links

Just give the special kid the medal and clap

Y'all are gonna' need someone to bring you back into the fold..

Robert Menti

Mechanical (Strength 2 & Durability 2)
Athletic
Agency(Identity)

Abilities:
Strength 2
Durability 2
Enhanced Senses 3
Agility 2
Endurance 1
Self Healing 2
Focus 2
Stealth 3
Reflexes 1
Mental 3
Natural Weapon 3 (Arm blade, a la Adam Jensen)
Power Burst 3
Uplink 3
Weapon Master 3 (Firearms)
Unarmed Mastery 2

Perks:
Safehouse, in Chicago.
Authority
Expert
Transport

Drawbacks:
Hated, as more and more violent cyborgs encroach the world, humans' response is genetic purity.
Valuable; all those impressive, military implants could look just as fetching on someone else.

Allies:
Lindsey Reyes, who is my handler while in the field.
"Satan," a rogue AI program who somehow got into my wetware.

Enemies:
Jason Roark has been on the loose for too long, and it's time someone brought him in.

I was an Agent for the CIA before the accident. An explosion nearly ended my life, but The Agency took my body and fixed it up with their newest toys. Now, they say I work for them. Fine by me, as long as I'm still working towards American interests'. They say I've been tasked with bringing in rogue agents, and the first at bat is a female who escaped with the help of a group of renegades, actively fighting against the Agency.

You keep your disgusting tentacles and whatever to yourself! I'm busy fighting against evil over here!

Dude the origin only gives one of the shown bonuses. not both.

Ah, whoops. That's what I get for scanning.

So how long before Angel posts actual titpics?

I see phrases like "boo" as greatings, sorta. You know, words that more spooky than scary

This is like one of those things kids get shown where they have to point out everything that's wrong with a short text as an exercise in learning English.

You are fighting against my old rivals big difference is, your a human, I am a monster in human flesh that fights them regularly. And please miss, I have shapeshift 3 and tentacles, the things I can make you feel before you pass out and we cuddle will be like magic.
its cool dude.
Soon I hope. That flat chest just makes me want to lovingly grope them till they get huge.

Rolling a die.

Could you maybe add a disclaimer to some of the races who are friendly yet can still be pushed into the hostile range? For instance you can have half of them be supportive of humanity and capable of shapeshifting to blend in and still have them be at the stage where " Diplomacy can, at best, forge only very limited alliances in the face of mutual threats, and these break down at the slightest pretext."

Just a thought since it seems a bit odd for you to have Giants who think of humans as their little kin and yet still are in the neutral range. Unless I'm misreading it entirely and you're paying the cost listed at the start of the diplomacy section, and not tallying up all the costs.

Ennui is not the most grammatically skilled. But I did leave out the word "are."

Fixed a coupla typos.

g'night.

The fact that she's posted multiple pictures of her hard nips tells me that she isn't opposed to camwhoring, so I guarantee you that if she never actually posts nudes, it's because she has lopsided tits or some kind of disgusting birthmark that she wants to hide.

For the Pandoarae, do their jaws and teeth count as weapons for both Natural Weapons and Enchantments?

Still misspelled "greetings" in that text.

Do a spellcheck dude.

Yo bro I have to warn you now, that branch of the Agency is run by a Machine Cult. You may want to get the hell out of dodge before they liquidate you. I got a safehouse you can use. Roark is just my cousin that your specific "gang" tried to fuck with. You can understand why he is mad if you could see the body, its rough.

Probably never. But you can see their shape much better in her newest pic. Her face is much prettier than I expected to. But she's wearing tons of makeup.

Origin: Magical - Focus 2
Appearance: Weak
Faction: Renegades

Abilities
Enhanced Senses 3
Self Healing 3
Mental 3
Flight 1
Focus 2
Directed Energy Attack 3
Elementalism - Water 3
Familiar 3
Self Improvement 3
Remote Viewing 1
Passion 2

Perks
Safehouse - Reykjavík
Expert
Defector
Prime Subject

Allies
Yuito Kataoka
Isabelle Hart

The renegades got me out of a cult before the cult really got their claws in me, but after some freaky ritual nonsense I barely remember. Now I mostly do scouting and tech support to help them out, fighting for justice and such. If combat becomes necessary, I let my giant super-wolf friend do most of the up-close and personal stuff, while I hang back and blast away.

You two want some help?

>Mutagen (natty weapon 2)
>athletic
>cult (self improvement 2, mostly just for adaptability)

>strength 3
>endurance 3
>durability 3
>immunity 3
>self healing 3
>focus 3
>adaptability 3
>reflexes 2
>agility 1
>enhanced senses 1

>prime subject
>defector (clone)
>expert

>samuel mason
>yuito kataoka

A "happy little accident" as they call it, or a blessing from the old ones. Initially we were distressed to discover the "ritual" had left us with two bodies. The Pontifex reassured us there was room enough in the brotherhood for two nigh-unkillable super-things.

So, here we are, Left and Right, inexorable twins on the march to the end of humanity. What fresh hell awaits us at the end of our blood-soaked path?

Ew no thanks.

We can use all the help we can get!Fair warning though, we have a member who's a pervert and keeps hitting on the female members! He's a good fighter though.

I'm not a "camwhore" and I'm never posting nudes cuz I'm shy and that's just not my thing.

I could handle shit behind the scenes, and the front lines, now that I think about it I can do a little bit of everything but shoot lasers. If you can leave me some bodies I can make us some super zombies for fodder.

Actually groping you or the kids? Keep in mind I do have big hands. And please, I only have eyes on you.

SS Supreme Commander
Innate
Peak Human (Bearded Frank Zane/Big Boss)
Rogue Nation (Nazi State)

>34 (Traitor + Valuable + Hated)
Strength 3
>31
Durability 3
>28
Self Healing 3
>25
Mind Control 3
>22
Inheritable 3
>19
Mental 3
>16
Immunity 3
>13
Agility 3
>10
Reflexes 2
>8
Mind Reading 2
>6
Endurance 2
>4
Focus 2
>2
Directed Energy attacks 1
>1
Stylish 1
>0

Celebrity (Free)
Safe House (Secret Lair)
Armor (pic related)
Unique Weapon (Custom revolver)
Defector (Foe perk)
Squad (Foe Perk)
Authority (Foe Perk)

Traitor
Valuable
Hated

Hannah Caldwell
Max
Clone (Defector)

Samuel Mason (Traitor)
Derek Hall
Bubbles
John York

I would be the second in command ruler for the New Nazi state. Our rule would be harsh and laws draconian but we would safe guard our people and always have their well being in mind. Using my unique powers of mind reading and enhanced intellect, I would hand pick the best and brightest for my personal honor guard. After a period of vetting their abilites I would eventually awaken my powers in them. I would also awaken my powers in all the members of my family that would serve under my command. Eventually I would form a circle of super human people all loyal to me and start my own hidden orginization, slowly inducting various peoples of my choosing into it.

By the end of it all I would have a country with a small elite force around a hundred strong of super soldiers that would fight to uphold the New Nazi state.

I send you all job offers. I promise your loyalty will be rewarded.

Origin:Mechanical(Dur 2)
Body:Athletic
Faction:Military
Perks:Unique Weapon, Expert, Training(free), Armor, Prime Subject
Drawbacks:Hated, Valuable, Limited, Controlled, Traitor, Memory Loss, Neutered (+21)
Powers: Strength 3, Agility 3, Endurance 3, Durability 3, Enhanced Senses 2, Stealth 3, Reflexes 3, Self Healing 3, Social Enhancer 1, Weapon Master 1, Unarmed Master 3, Power Burst 2, Mental 3, Shapeshifting 3, Flight 3, Extra Limbs 3, Familiar 3, Overcharge 3
Allies:Hannah, Yuito
Enemies:Traitor:Mike, Ghost

Mike was dealt with in the past, drowned in a grav control chamber.
Unique Weapon: Kinetic Flail. A nearly-indestructible softball-sized weight attached to a retractable and extendable chain of equal indestructibillity. The weight can be changed on the fly. One for each hand.
Extra Limbs: An extra set of arms at the hips, a prehensile tail, and a pair of wings on the back with fully formed hands built in.
Armor:Inertial plating. A full bodysuit of cutting-edge armor, the plates are able to weaken impacts and energy attacks via amplifying inertia. Collapsible.
Familiar: Doc, an eight-legged reconfigurable combat assistant, capable of forms resembling an octopus, spider, or small humanoid. Medical and mechanical maintainence-equipped, with knives and tools folded into limbs.

Bio: An absurdly powerful and and intelligent killing machine, with most of its personality restricted by neural binds that turn it into little more than a walking weapon. Has no past, few personal desires or interests, and little hope of ever escaping the military. Hated by its allies for what it represents, and by its enemies for what it's done. When given free reign in combat, it prefers to rely on shock-and-awe to quell enemy forces before they can rally against it, but is capable of stealth and subterfuge when necessary.

It's been running black ops for the government for decades, and lost almost everything that made it a person. It no longer even pretends to have a gender.

Anyone know if there is a newer version of this?

Not that it needs a lot of work, or anything.

Well, there is one that isn't pointlessly split into two images.

For once, I'm not the one who split that; I found it that way.

Don't think I wont eat you, hell I'll let you in on a little fact. You work for me. Your no Nazi, just a dumb hick with AMAZINGLY inbred genes, a work of nature really. In any case you have nothing I want or need, retarded ideas like this just make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when am hungry.Impressive monster you have there.

I have a general request, anons. I would be tickled pink if you could share what your favorite locked in a basement/room/experiment whatever CYOA is.

New Arrival (free)
Male, Human, 17.
Beacon Academy(Vale), I will go to the biggest hotspot for fighting.
Semblance: Unstoppable.
Gifts: Memory(-20), Strength(-20), Agility(-20), Energy(-20), Intelligence(-10), Ferocity(-10). Ultimate combination of gifts.
Equipment: Melee will be a battle ax with Dust mod(-150) pic related, and a Variable weapon that is a Riot Shotgun that turns into a bearded ax, with Dust mod pic also slightly related. Total cost(-600).
Items and Gear: Armor like pic as well(-100), the Scroll for free, Parachute and Grappling Hook(-150), Wilderness Gear(-50), Dust Charges(-50), Rebreather(-50).
I am a berserker for hire, and I want a good hunt. Shock and Awe line breaker. Can learn other job requirements quickly, also in need of a general education because I don't know where I am.

Yup, it needs a name still. And, you know, if someone could do something about those neural binds, it could probably undergo a pretty hard shift in allegiance. Just saying.

I could split it in four if you like?