Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Red Book Aftermath Edition
Khorne confirms new Halo game Sub-Edition
We're finally getting over the new Red Book and its effects, don't you wish your Breachers could be good like an assault marine, we discussed the timeline of the HH, it has come to my attention that these summaries have become lackluster as people view tictac marines, Phosphex Achilles sounds rather nice, Anons still want a pdf, and a debate on who was more skilled at arms was had plus much more in the last thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764

Are there other patterns of Mastodons? If there's Land Raider patterns then surely the Mastodon has some variations.

How does one equip Tacticals in an Ironfire list?

And what is Weetabix?

>How does one equip Tacticals in an Ironfire list?
with nuncio voxes. the rest is up to you

Honestly, between how hard it was for them to even build the demo models and how long it took them to take it from concept to production I kind of doubt they're going to bother with variants. A 700 point LoW can only even see play in a 3k game, so it's not like many people are going to bother buying them.

>A 700 point LoW can only even see play in a 3k game, so it's not like many people are going to bother buying them.
Just wondering.

So I can now put Apothecaries in Kakophoni squads? 30k proto-Noise Marine army, here I come!

What other units benefit from this change?

Don't mind me I'll just take my ordinatus to a friendly 3000 point game.

Define "friendly". Your "friends" better be packing some heat to get you to bring out Mars' sick beats.

Sorry, not a friendly list. It's supposed to be a fluffy list. You guys showed me the difference a few day ago.

This general has had it going good for a while, everything has its ups and downs so don't worry if you lack inspiration for some time, summaries aren't everything.

I'd like to see more patterns of Stormbird, not necessarily in model form, maybe just in pics.

Everything but Terminators and Jetbikes.
Ashen Circle with FnP? Yes please.

Now I know you're kidding. No one uses the Dupstep guns.
>This general has had it going good for a while, everything has its ups and downs so don't worry if you lack inspiration for some time, summaries aren't everything.
Thank you, Tzeentch. Eventually I'll get back to the up.
>more Stormbird patterns
Didn't FW release a "Solar Pattern"?

S other than because I got a bunch from Betrayal at Calth is there ever a reason to use Cataphractii over Tartaros termies?

I mean yeah one less on the invuln save, but being able to sweep advance is nice

Templar bros+Sigismund+Apothecary sounds nasty.

>mfw SoH fags cant admit that Abby and Horus had to cheat to win
>typical Cthonians

Cataphractii is good for shooty units, load up on combis and shit and deep strike near the enemy to wreck them. Use them if you like them.

As a matter of fluff, which has more credibility... more 'canon?' FW Red Book? or BL novels?

I mean, for example, Angel Exterminatus Perty and Red Book Perty seems completely different person.

b-but y-you cheated

t. dead man

All joking aside, I did manage to use my game in a massive apoc game.

Much butthurt was cause.

How would the heresy have gone had the Emperor not taken the bait when Horus lowered his shields? Horus was fleeing from the coming of the Dark Angels, Ultramarines, and Space Wolves, so would it have a longer, more protracted scouring as the legions fought on against the warmaster?

gun*

Books with rules
BL takes too many liberties for my taste

They're all canon.

But I quite like Angel Exterminatus.

What did you do? Tell me your story.
Horus wanted to kill his old man then and there. If the other legions arrived then Horus probably would have pulled an Autek with the Vengeful Spirit.

>I mean, for example, Angel Exterminatus Perty and Red Book Perty seems completely different person.

I disagree, both renditions can be seen as one if you think that Perty is man who is passionate in the extreme, someone whose emotions are skin deep and because of his duty to be always on the meat-grinder have rendered him to a cold calculating tyrant perhaps not because he wants to be but because he needs to be for he fears failure above anything else and pushes himself to such extreme measures because of this.

Angel Exterminatus Pert is Red Book Pert after finding an outlet for his stress(releasing his stress on Olympia).

>Horus probably would have pulled an Autek with the Vengeful Spirit.
abby actually did that one time against the EC during the infighting in the eye of terror. he rammed the vengeful spirit into some temple they built

Well, I brought the auto six relic and one shot a warhound titan first turn.

Then the next turn it killed 2 baneblades with normal sixes on the D table.

People got extremely butt hurt. But fuck them, they brought three warhounds and a reaver. And a shit ton of other supers.

Also, an admech fag got triggered that his culexes assassin got killed. You might want to note that he ran his assassin 6 inches in front of the gun itself.

I don't know what's more disappointing. That they didn't win with four Titans, or that guy had his assassin that close to the gun. At least we know that the scout Titans are no match for the sickest beats of Mars.

Eh, you're welcome. I've rarely seen people paying attention to summaries actually, but it's good to have them. I'm always here on weekdays but rarely on weekends and it makes it easier to see what's been going on.

The bird is Sokar pattern, but it's been based on Yndonesic Bloc flyers if memory serves.

Yeah, load 'em up with Sx2 CCWs and point then in the direction of 2W termies or armour, worst case they have a better chance of weathering the next enemy shooting phase.

Even Dorn did some dishonourable things even though it grated at him, that much was on the stake.

Going by the old fluff, DAs and Wolves landed on Terra during the traitors' retreat and fought them there, most likely Lion and Russ would have boarded the Vengeful Spirit and killed Horus together. They both had experience with and/or resistance to chaos powers. Maybe even go as far as MAD as both had either considered or tried it already.

BREACHER POINTS REDUCTION MEANS TWO TEN MAN SQUADS USABLE AT 500 POINTS. FUCK YEAH.

Also cheaper Land Raiders, Proteus is 185pts.
>mfw Proteus w/ TL-lascanon in 3-tank squadron in Ironwing

Muh Blackshields, T5, Void Hardned armor, 6+ invul and fnp.

Meatshields they are, meatshields.

I'm including Apothecaries.

if girlyman was the warmaster, and then led his own heresy against the emperor, he wouldve won and his imperium wouldve been even better than the emperors. prove me wrong

Guilliman was an idiot when it came to unifying anyone other than his own children. He alienated each of the traitor Primarchs and undoubtedly played a part in them siding with Horus.

>Eh, you're welcome. I've rarely seen people paying attention to summaries actually, but it's good to have them. I'm always here on weekdays but rarely on weekends and it makes it easier to see what's been going on.
I can't even remember why I started making summaries. All I remember is that I did one out of boredom or as a joke, I kept doing it, and it became a habit.

I for one, love the summaries.

>He alienated each of the traitor Primarchs and undoubtedly played a part in them siding with Horus.
yeah but he alienated them because he knew they were pieces of shit

>and then led his own heresy against the emperor
Wouldn't happen. Dude was invested in the crusade, separate from the Emperor's edicts. Even before that, he wouldn't have been a good warmaster, since the job was about being good at your job AND keeping the autismo-supremes in check.

>He alienated each of the traitor Primarchs and undoubtedly played a part in them siding with Horus.
Most of the traitor primarchs sided with Horus because of their own personal hubris. The only one Guilliman personally offended was Alpharius, but EVERYONE other than Horus called him out on being a showboat.

I mean, until the whole Monarchia bullshit, but even then that's more on the Emperor for ordering it than the guy he decided to have do the deed.

so we figure out if laser destroyers are 48 or 36" Im seeing conflicting reports

>He alienated each of the traitor Primarchs and undoubtedly played a part in them siding with Horus
No he didn't. He's not responsible for Fulgrim from getting date raped by Horus/eaten by a sword, Morty's lack of confidence, Magnus's obsession with being a wizard, or Angron's Nails. I don't know how Rowboat interacted with Fulgrim, but I'm certain he didn't get Fulgrim raped.
Ah, thanks.

He helped alienate Perturabo, Lorgar and Alpharius

yeah because he knew they were shitheads

according to the new red book on page 126 it's 36"

Lorgar and Pert's inferiority complexes aside, EVERYONE alienated Alpharius. Except Horus.

That's why he went traitor.

>Magnus obsession with being a wizard
For some reason, this made me laugh so hard.

Poor Alpharius. He just wanted to show his older brothers how cool he was.

Perturabo was too bitter, paranoid, and fatalistic that he shunned Morty. You know a guy he probably would have gotten extremely well along. Plus Rowbaot personally knew a few of the Iron Warriors that died in the decimation. >For some reason, this made me laugh so hard.
I wasn't even trying to be funny.

Subjective.

>Magnus obsession with being a wizard

Made me lol too, also reinforced my undying love for the Thousand Sons.

Personally thought the decimation to be pretty reasonable, primarchs get to do what they want to their Legions, rename them, restructure them, implant them with techno barbaric roidrage implants, throw them in paingloves, shrug, whatever the fuck the Primarchs think is best.

>He just wanted to show his older brothers how cool he was.
Could have been less of a cunt about it. Triggering martial hubris on the hordes of alpha legion armies is always a bit of a personal victory.

But Rowboat knew those IW nephews of his personally and that's probably why the decimation bothered him so much. The paingloves are basically timeout corners but you know more glove-like.

Why Emps tell Magnus about the golden throne if he was the one who was supposed to be sitting on it for all eternity

Probably becuase Magnus would have realized that it would have been the shittiest job in the Imperium.

Because just maybe he wasn't until he went full metal Magnus on the Webway? Who was sitting on the Throne before Magnus went full metal Magnus on the Webway? The Emperor. Emps seemed okay to sit on the Throne until the Custodes and the AdMech built the Imperial Webway. If Magnus didn't go full metal Magnus on the Webway would he have to sit on the Throne? I don't think so.

Do the daemon primarchs interact at all or do they mostly just sit on their respective daemonworlds

This is a falsehood. The Emperor's plan was to use the Webway for transport thus eliminating the use of the Warp.

Eliminating use of Warp travel would also invalidate the navigator caste which enjoyed special privilege and power, so the Emperor kept it under wraps so the Navigators wouldn't rebel, which would have been a problem.

And just as a side note:

In Unremembered Empire Guilliman recalls an exact instance where the Emperor straight up told him that the Ruinous Powers of the Warp took up and scattered him and his siblings when they were babies but he didn't believe the Emperor. Maybe the Emperor just decided it wasn't worth explaining it to anyone?

>Veeky Forums's champion

If the Black Mace's fluff is anything to go by, they came around to curse it. Other than that? No. Zip. Nada.

the latter

sometimes angron gets mad and kills like 30% of the imperium until grey knights finally calm him down

I'm thinking of doing a Death Guard list that cores around a unit of Deathshroud with a Forge Lord and Mortarion in a Kharybdis, and drop podding in a Leviathan for support to distract people from a bunch of big guns on my end.

Any thoughts on this?

Why did magnus go through apotheosis?

He never seemed like he worshiped tzeentch, but saw him more like an entity he had to be wary of in his probing of the warp

He sacrificed a bunch of Space Yiffs after raiding their planet after the Heresy.

Because Tzeentch and he decided to go with the flow.

sounds good

They might not have even left their daemon worlds. It's entirely possible that someone brought them the mace and they took it each in turn to bless it.

Which primarchs were daemon princes by the Siege? Think we'll see rules for those ones at least?

Didn't the fluff said they each in turn cursed it? Don't know why but that means to me that they got in one room and cursed it. None of the Word Bears have heard or seen Lorgar since he took up being a daemonic NEET, so he had to do it before that.

Fulgrim and Angron. Morty might as well been one though.

Do Blackshields have to be black?

YES

obviously

no

Im doing mine purple and blue metallic themed like remnants of the XIth

We need more art of this nature. For the love of god.

>Not fielding the ultimate Blackshield List

2x Blackshield Reaver Lord: 450 Points
>Power Fist
>Lightning Claw
>Digital Lasers
>Iron Halo
>Cyber Familiar
>Rad Grenades (just on one)
Chaplain: 125
>Power Fist
>Lightning Claw

3x Apothecaries: 165 Points
>Power Swords
3x Apothecaries: 225 Points
>Bikes
>Power Swords

20 Blackshield Marauders: 360 Points
>4 Power Axes
>1 Power Fist
2x 10 Blackshield Marauders: 460 Points
>2 Autocannons
>Power Fist on Champion

3x 10 Bikers: 1215 Points
>Sergeant
>4 Power Axes
>Meltabombs

3000 Points

>Good luck against my 30 T 6 FnP bikers with 4 str 6 power axes
>Good luck against a marauder unit that can wipe out practically any single unit in the game in a single turn
>Good luck dealing with army wide T 5 minimum and FnP
>Good luck killing my objective campers with str 6 chainaxes and T 5 FnP

>marauders not inside a party wagon stormlord
It's like you don't want to get laid

I know. There are better options.

nusquam pls

>can't stop
>won't stop
Predation Fleet Black Shield Party Wagon is gonna happen

Is it ok to play an Onslaugt FOF for Fluff reasons? (Fulgrim + Guard in a Thunderhawk).

*FOC

They interact mostly with Abaddon who makes a point of making them bow to him between each Crusade to prove his superiority over them.

It is funny this way. Demigods who attained a portion of real godhood being forced to bow down to a mortal.

I dont know why I spent so long on this

Very good work user. Seriously

I was mostly dicking around. I wish Chymeriae could be allies, I would love to take some form of super marines as allies with my EC to represent Bile's experiments.
>+1 WS/BS
Marines with an unnatural insight in battle, through what can best be considered instinct they are able to predict the actions of their opponents. They can predict when a target will raise their head from cover and end their life with a single bolt to the eye. In melee combat they can perfectly predict when and where the opponent will parry and strike, allowing them to strike when they have the perfect opening. Outside of battle their borderline precognition combines with paranoia making them quick to flee as they foresee their battle brothers fleeing in battle, units fleeing so easily only reinforces their paranoia in future battles.

>+1 S/T
Simple enough, super strong and tough marines

>Fleet, Fear, and Rage
Astartes who were turned into literal Chymeriae with the geneseed of two or more legions, often integrating technologies unique to certain legions such as sonic shriekers and the butcher's nails. These astartes were extremely useful in battle but physically unstable often dying after a few years from some form of organ failure.

someone said there were two laser destroyers, one called just laser destroyer (like the spartan has) and the other called laster destroyer array (rapier, vindicator) and that the spartan has 36 and the rest have 48

>I wish Chymeriae could be allies
They can

You can take them AS allies, you just cant take allies WITH them

So, with the new version of the Armoured Breakthrough RoW it occurred to me that it might actually be an army I could make and play even at low points levels. Here's a concept for a 1000 point starting point:

>HQ
Master of Armour in Sicaran Battle Tank with Lascannons, Dozer Blade [210]

>Troops
6x1 Predator with Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Dozer Blades [6x100]

>Heavy Support
Sicaran Venator [190]

The legion literally doesn't matter, but I'd probably do Iron Hands so I can add Castrmen Orth to it once there's enough points to justify it.

Sicaran Venator probably won't have many legit targets at low point levels, but it's a neat model and it makes sense to have one or two as the army gets larger for blowing up Land Raiders and paralyzing Knights or Super Heavy Tanks.

The big question is this - is running this many tanks at 1000 points a dick move? Predators aren't amazing, but they're not bad in 30k and with Fast they'll be able to move and shoot quite a bit. If someone brought an all-footslogging list they're going to have a really hard time getting side or rear armor with all that speed, and throne help them if their answer to tanks is to assault them.

I do all-footslogging lists. Though, I'd probably be able to put up a good fight since I like to Ride the Ironfire and bring lascannon Havocs.

But then again, at 1k points? I'll have to edit my list and see.

>He's not responsible for Fulgrim from getting date raped by Horus/eaten by a sword, Morty's lack of confidence, Magnus's obsession with being a wizard, or Angron's Nails.

Yes, he was responsible :^)

>Why yes, Fulgrim, I use a sword as good as yours, and both are as good as modern man-made blades go: the only way to get one better would be to steal it from some xenos or something! *Laughs in latin*
>That you and your children can endure so much pain doesn't mean you should be so wasteful in your tactics. And where are your marks of glory and honour? All I can see on you is your need for some chapstick!
>Your magick isn't strong enough to defeat my tactics, Magnus, so, unless you find some way to enhance your powers there's no point in giving you a rematch
> *Angron's space crib, headed towards Macragge, gets knocked towards Nuceria by another space crib marked with an inverted Omega
Guilliman confirmed the true unwitting Herald of the Dark Powers

Well, Iron Warriors are less foot-slogging and more trench-digging and ground-thumping, right? That sounds like it would honestly make for an interesting game since the tanks would have to maneuver carefully to hull-down for cover saves and avoid getting shot to pieces.

I'm more worried about what the average B@C box guy with a bunch of sniper vets and a few Contemptors is going to do. Like, the dreddies are the only real answer they could possibly have, and they're never going to actually get into range. Considering how common that kind of list is in starter-level HH games it worries me that an Armoured Breakthrough list would be discouragingly strong against other small lists.

>The legion literally doesn't matter
Could take Iron hands for blessed autosimulcra. Also please don't do this, it is a really shitty thing to do. If you like tanks just take a lot of them.
>Sicaran Venator
>Sicaran Battle Tank
>2 Predators
>Some guys in transports

I would only suggest breakthrough at very high point levels where you might have run out of heavy support slots if you like tanks. Even then I would make sure to take some vets and maybe some seekers so it isn't too awful to face. So something like
4x Predators
1x Sicaran
3x Venator
4x Vet squads in rhinos
3x Seeker squads in rhinos

>Trench digging
I really want a trench-themed fortification. And an IW fortification RoW.

Aren't trenches just terrain features? I could have sworn they had rules in the BRB, like just a simple 4+ cover or something. I don't think many people would care if you decided to make something trench-like and used the ever flexible ADL rules for it.

What said, use ADL to represent them (with plenty of sandbags and razor wire or it's wrong).
Also, there's alrady a fortification FoC

They probably are, actually. Might check later, don't feel like it though.

>the ever flexible ADL rules for it.
?

Though, I still want a fortification themed RoW for the IW. A lot of people forget both in-universe and in real life that they're also masters of fortification.

>Also, there's alrady a fortification FoC
I keep forgetting about that, even when I remember it to think up some ridiculous lists.

Say, how does 4 Castellum Strongholds sound? Never mind the fact that I probably wouldn't be able to fit them into my deployment zone.

Nobody forgets about the Eternal Fortress, user. It's australian-tier banter. Not to mention Perturabo was reverse-Vauban

I'm not sure about the Primus Redoubt's rules and how they compare to the Well Endowed Eagle of Displeasure, but those 4 Castellums of yours, well, that's what the IW did on Paramar, didn't they?
If you find autist-user asking for a book that shows the IW doing that, show them HH3
And afterwards, all those buildings exploded, like that loyal WE mentioned on threads past.
>It didn't matter. We are Iron Warriors. We do not relent

Just remembered what the ADL was. Also just finished downloading a pdf of the book with all the fortifications in it.

Anyways, Icarus Lascannon, or Quad-Gun? Both seem pretty useful.

Also, how would you represent tanglewire? Tank traps could be easy with larger pieces of sprue made to look like Czezh Hedgehogs (pic related), unsure about barricades though.