Warhammer 40k General

No tau player cared that the game was Unbalanced till GW put on the FAQ mask.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's fanfiction(nsfw) [Beastiality][Rape][Bondage][HandHolding][Cuckholding][French][WaterSports][InterpretiveDance][31WaysToRoastChicken][Yuri][ProlongedEyecontact][Interspecies][MindBreak][StarwarsChristmasSpecial][GermanEletroYodel]
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

So apparently I neglected to realize that Iron Hands got buffed in Angels of Death, and now my Space Marine Dreadnought army can be Battleforged instead of Unbound if I drop my sternguard squad or stick it in a formation
Time to convert some more techmarines

The Dark Eldar have claimed this thread's treasure for Commorragh.

That diorama looks way more impressive IRL.

Can Dark Eldar Acherons take Scourge wings?

That diorama looks impressive.
>ftfy*

Yeah im picking them up because of the core armoured task force and the other buffs
They seem pretty fun forreal

idk. I haven't even touched the rule book. I just got the start collecting box because DEldar has always been my favorite xeno faction.

Is the Iyanden supplement still valid? What about Warzone: Valedor? I don't see any options for them on battlescribe.

What job do you guys have in order to keep up with this hobby

Yes, Khorne. Iyanden is still valid as of the latest Eldar FAQ.

learn how to budget, dude

You might need to add another repository

isn't valedor apoc only? Apoc only is kind of outdated in this day and age though.

Also Khorne; what are your thoughts on swords vs axes. if i needed to butcher a few dozen men which do i use?

what are your pet peeves when playing 40k games? I got back into the hobby last summer and my biggest pet peeve...people who want to play Apocalypse or random free-for-all games with 1000 points a side. I think this game is a lot more fun with two players at 1500-2000 points using tactical objectives. kill points and free-for-alls just bore the shit out of me.

that hades drill thing seemed a godsend for me, since i was trying to find a good deep striking unit

but now i see there are different rules likes this one or the ones on 1d4chan.

what are the current rules? this one says i can deep strike more squads attached to a drill, or this only works for krieg engineers?

people getting rules really wrong. i'm not perfect nor play often but some are just really silly. instant death/force does not ignore invuls (though i think it might have in daemon hunters)

Death Korps of Krieg Siege Regiment can be found in IA: Siege of Vraks (2nd edition), and has a hades breaching drill for only siege Krieg

IA:1 (2nd edition) has the most up-to-date rules for a hades breaching drill usable for imperial guard

IA:12 has the Death Korps of Krieg Assault Regiment, which has its own hades breaching drill rules

My friend introduced us to Triumph and Treachery last year. 4 way free for all with some objectives and a bonus rewards system. Played with like 1000 pts a side. Pretty fun.

people who move units farther than they measured

Like, dude, you realize I have eyes.

My pet peeves are when people are so anal about how they like warhammer to be played that they want to restrict the whole game so that everyone has to play the game exactly like them. I'm looking at you Skirmish faggot.

thanks m8, too bad, that meltagun seemed pretty sweet, guess ill just charge the enemy!

>Opponent moves "6 inches" using the front of the base at the start, and putting the back of the base at the 6 inch mark, so they actually move 7-8 inches.

This us a copy from the most recent Imperial Armor Volume 1. Enjoy.

>tell them to knock it off
>"oh okay lol"
>they keep doing it

Not really. It looks great in that shot, don't get me wrong, but in person it's a lot more intense. It's a lot bigger than the image makes you realise, for one.

>Only measure and move one model and have the rest follow behind
>Opponent Starts complaining that some models are too close together and didn't move the proper distance.
>Opponent starts crying how I was cheating by letting my models get extra 1 inch movements to the local attendent.

cheers, gonna have some fun with this thing and a two plasma assault squad attached

Important reminder

Man, every time I try to bring up stuff in the spirit of that I get looked at like I just grew a third head. What I get for playing with a bunch of tourny players.

Hey friends. I've been a fan of 40k for years and want to build an army. I want to go deathwatch but I'm not really sure how to build it. Can I buy literally any space marines, buy a deathwatch shoulder pack, and make them deathwatch?

how do you pick your army leader?

idk anything about the tabletop game, basically.

Give it a few months, rumor mill is saying Deathwatch codex is coming.

There aren't any rules for a fluff accurate Deathwatch right now. But you could just get some marines and get the shoulder pads and they'll basically be Deathwatch.

Your leader, or warlord, can be any character in your army. If you mean HQ unit, those are usually Chapter Masters, Captains, Librarians, or Chaplains for Space Marines. You can pick one of those and make it your warlord.

Also, using Sternguard can be a good representation of Deathwatch right now since they are the only units with special boltgun ammunition.

Should I buy the deathwatch overkill game for the models?

Do you like the models? Then yes.

Do you not like the models? Then no.

I didn't know if it'd be cheaper or not. I also didn't know if I'd be allowed to use them in actual gameplay.

I don't like how Ultramarine heavy they are, but you take the good with the bad.

So I just bought my Sphess Murheens starter kit. What gun do I put on my Venerable Dreadnaught? My options are assault cannon, plasma gun or flamer

Multi-melta as it's free.

im totally blanking on the name of the special rule that allows you to choose what table edge you outflank on and im too lazy to go downstairs to get my rulebook

plz help

This is easily the best post that has ever graced this general.

You literally said it in your first sentence.

Acute senses?

dammit op

This thing is pretty useful

So I'm a new player and I'm going to play a dark heresy 1st edition game as an arbitrator (Who has a daft punk helmet because why not)

any tips?

DONT SPOONFEED THE RETARDS
THEY NEED TO LEARN THE HARD WAY

Hey guys what do you think of my new dreadnought ;3

>measure distance between Daemon Prince and Riptide at start of turn
>confirm with opponent that it's 16 inches
>confirm with him that I'm moving 12" straight at the Tide
>go to assault, roll 4"
>he immediately claims that I'm actually 4.5 inches away and fail the assault

People who get pissy when you check the rules on something. Especially when they've already gotten several things wrong.

what the fuck is your problem

>every fucking Tau player

>Taufag goes full bitch
>Are you not entertained

i want to make a solid gold plated dreadnought with battle scars and xeno blood splatter as well as no guns, only cqc weapons.
his banner shall proclaim "i hope Emperor senpai notices me"

heresy level?

Sounds pretty loyal to me.

I want to run Skitarii and AdMech alongside my Imperial Guard but I don't want to be a War Convo guy (outside of my group's bimonthly MAXIMUM TRYHARD weekend).

Could I pull this off in 1.5k point games or should I not bother?

no only a venom or raider

A war convo has a knight, free upgrades and army wide rules for stuff that normally wouldn't have those rules.
How are you being a war convo guy?
A war convo itself is like 1540 points

Everything I've seen about War Convo has been about it being super bullshit.

Although that may all be from pre-FAQ...

I managed to make a War Convo just under 1.5k that I was going to run alongside my 1.5k IG list for our bigger games but I wasn't sure if War Convo was still cancer-tier.

As a former Tau player who ditched the game when they said THE ELDAR, of all fucking races, were the only ones who couldn't use psychic powers inside their vehicles, back in 5th: shut your cock holster.

No. Best they can get is a venom or an unattached raider.

Just do the admech/skitarii part, without the war convo they're still a really good army that can dish out heavy fire.
Use the war convo for try hard games.

If you let a rhino get within range of your anchored stormsurge, you deserve the tank shock desu.

Alright cool, I was mostly interested in having some robots and shit.

If I didn't keep myself abreast of these things, I'd ask you what the fuck you're talking about. We didn't have those, Riptides, or plastic fucking Broadsides. We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for the whole platoon, and we had to share the rock.

Oh the days before markerlights, TWIN LINK TWIN LINK EVERYTHING

My new goal is to kill an anchored stormsurge with a tank shocking Zhadsnark.

Nah, we had markerlights, they just gave us +1 BS, fired missiles, and... I want to say they removed cover saves? Been a while.

but can my dreadnought be MORE loyal

-1 to the CS for each markerlight spent. So it was 2-3 instead of just 2. The only time it´s gotten much better is during night fighting and against DE.

Yeah, that.

Except for the fact that GW have explicitly said it cannot be used.

It is the exception, not the rule.

Except that GW said the exact opposite?

>Solid Gold Plated
Literally Auric Patricians.

Not even joking.

What should i give to my devastators and assault marines?

I'm thinking multi meltas and flamers because of the master crafted rule, but some say they're shit and short-ranged
(I've already built the tac squad)
Space Marines (Combined arms detachment)
Salamanders;

@HQ [ 2 ]

Vulkan He'Stan (190pt.)

Librarian (95pt.) Terminator armour;

@Troops [ 1 ]

10x - Tactical Squad (235pt.)
> 1x - Space Marine Sergeant (44pt.);Power weapon; Plasma pistol;
> 1x - Space Marine (29pt.); Missile launcher;
> 1x - Space Marine (29pt.); Flamer; Meltagun;
> 7x - Space Marine (14pt.); Boltgun;
> 1x - Rhino (35pt.); Storm bolter;

@Fast attack [ 1 ]

5x - Assault squad (130pt.)
> 1x - Space Marine Sergeant (17pt.);Chainsword; Bolt pistol; Jump pack;
> 2x - Space Marine (22pt.); Jump Pack; Chainsword; Flamer;
> 2x - Space Marine (17pt.); Jump Pack; Chainsword; Bolt pistol;
> 1x - Drop Pod (35pt.); Storm bolter;

@Heavy support [ 1 ]

5x - Devastator Squad (145pt.)
> 1x - Space Marine Sergeant (14pt.); Signum; Boltgun; Bolt pistol;
> 2x - Space Marine (24pt.); ;Bolt pistol; Multi-melta;
> 2x - Space Marine (24pt.); Bolt pistol; Heavy bolter;
> 1x - Drop Pod (35pt.); Storm bolter;

@Secondary Detachment [ 1 ]

Dominus Maniple

Tech-Priest Dominus (115pt.)

Onager Dunecrawlers (90pt.)
> 1x - Onager Dunecrawler (90pt.); Eradication beamer;

10x - Skitarii Rangers (220pt.)
> 1x - Ranger Alpha (41pt.); Arc pistol; Taser goad;
> 5x - Skitarii Ranger (11pt.); Galvanic rifle;
> 1x - Skitarii Ranger (21pt.); Galvanic rifle; Omnispex;
> 1x - Skitarii Ranger (26pt.); Arc rifle;
> 1x - Skitarii Ranger (36pt.); Transuranic arquebus;
> 1x - Skitarii Ranger (41pt.); Plasma caliver;

good, but not loyal enough.

There any word on when the nid FAQ is gonna be out?

You need 2 troops choices for your marines if you want two HQ choices.

>He thinks not having a solid-gold space marine chapter and a name that literally means Golden Nobles isn't loyal enough
What are you, some sort of Argent Plebeian?

The first Shruvesday of Neverween.

Oh, thanks. I'll probably add scouts or something

Nice! It's only Flurvesday, so that's not bad at all.

oh god my eyes and I thought I was bad

Da Golden Nobz

I own 18 Destroyers, 12 Heavy Destroyers, 2 Destroyer Lords and a for funsies centaur-Necron conversion I've ran as a counts as Destroyer Lord.

I ask you: Do I have enough Destroyers?

Let's see...

>1 lord and 9 destroyers each for two minimum cults
>3 heavies as a heavy unit per cult
>remaining six heavies attach to the destroyer units

To get two maximum sized destroyer cults, you need six more destroyers. So no, you don't have enough destroyers. Pleb.

THERE IS BLACK IN IT AS WELL
WE NEED MORE GOLD TO BLIND OUR ENEMIES WITH THE EMPERORS GLORY

Post pic of Centaur, so I can evaluate your Destroyers

Well of course there's black in it. You meed at least three colors for the tabletop standard, user.

>GW is backpeddling on their own FAQs
They literally released an FAQ shortly after the release of codex: Craftworld Eldar saying you couldn't, and now they overturn the old one?

Come on GW. At least be consistent with your shitty rules.

It does beg th questuon why anyone asked for an FAQ on a quesion we alreadt had an answer to. But I guess that is what Eldar shitters do.

YELLIW GOLD, WHITE GOLD, THRONE GOLD
FOR DA EMPRAAH

Well, you've got me there.

But obviously then the black is for artistic taste, as befitting Patricians.

"You’ll receive a Terminator Captain, a Venerable Dreadnought, a ten-man Tactical Squad and an exclusive Space Marines Formation rules sheet - the Firespear Strikeforce - allowing you to collect, assemble and play with your new miniatures right away!"

Does this mean that I don't need the SM codex to play with the units included in the start collecting sets? I'm not really a fan of the codex format but I was quite happy with the sheet included in Dark Vengeance, is this similiar?

but seriously, any ideas or advice for a lone wolf/rogue dreadnought thats obessed with getting the emperor to notice him for his utter devoutness
won't be in a game just something for silly display, possibly enter in flgs paint contest. the golds will be metallic

No. You do indeed need the codex, it's just that the models in the box cannot be run as a CAD.

Also, if you don't plan on using either the Termi Captian or the Dreadnought, you don't make any savings with that box.

I accidently deleted the savings comparison pic I had, but the SM box has near $0 savings.

Can't find a pic on my phone, but have this stupid headline I saw to tide you over till I get home.

I was planning on getting the Ork box, I just happened to copy the SM one.

Seemed too kind of GW to release a product with everything you needed to use it anyways.

Can someone please tell me what WAAC means? I'm at a should I get into 40k/AoA stage and I want to understand what criticisms I'm reading.

They're kinda overpowered as is, honestly. I can only take them out in pre-arranged games because durable models doing JSJ with no terrain penalty and massed wound-rerolling AP2 and 3 is painfully strong.

Plus the two Lords can join one of the units, have it scoot forwards, then detach them to wreck face as pseudo-MC's mid game.