Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Planescape: Pathfinder Edition: How would you do it? Would you play it? Anyone here still know it?

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

planewalker.com/
d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/clever-wordplay
d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/student-of-philosophy
d20pfsrd.com/traits/magic-traits/pragmatic-activator
archivesofnethys.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Cunning Liar
d20pfsrd.com/traits/faith-traits/irrepressible
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

planewalker.com/

Would you play a blinkling natural/unarmed attack guru?

>would you play a blinkling

no.

What cantrip would you cast irl

Hardmode:No Prestidigitation

We were still on page 4!!
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Prestidigi..
Mending?

Well Sigil is around to do plane hopping at low level, so I would do that. Also make the state of the factions more Gangs of New York, with the Lady being either a nuclear option or some sort of genius locus.

My campaign's on Faerun right now, but the eventual vague plan is to have them scooped up by Ravenloft, and once they've spent a few levels doing the Dark Powers dirty deeds, they'll be ejected into Sigil. Or maybe they'll die. I dunno.

Prestidigi-

fuck

Uh.. Breeze or Scoop probably.

Thaumaturg-- wait this isn't /5eg/

Probably Guidance if I'm being serious, or Summon Instrument if I'm being wacky.

Create Water

Definitely mending. Think of the money you could make with that... most things are fully repaired in about six seconds, and even complex shit can be repaired bit by bit, if you treat each broken component as one object on its own.

See .

And I don't build characters for fun. I only build them for actual campaigns, but when it's for pathfinder, I do plan then all the way to 20. You basically have to, or you're walking into a bear trap.

My homebrewan would be game design stuff. Not some theory craft character build I'm never going to use.

If you have to do it to correct your sleep once a week, it's still dirt cheap. The stuff is like $5 a box. I bought it for some allergies I just started getting, and the fact that it knocks me flat on my ass was a helpful accident.

Mending takes 10 minutes to cast, user.

Still, point remains.

Planescape is remembered fondly for its art and because of Torment, but it's actually a pretty bad setting. The factions don't make sense, the planes are mostly based on alignment (which is dumb) and the Cant is fucking obnoxious.

Mhmm, I'm imagining computer repair. Most of those are going to be very light weight making it easy to fix.

On second thought, is occult allowed? Because I might just go with telekinetic projectile, for no other reason than to pelt annoying people with random small objects.

Fuck money, petty vengeance is far more satisfying.

Taunting Laugh or Black Seraph Style?

So /pfg/, have you?

Oh... fuck. I have been using that spell wrong for such an incredibly long time. Don't tell my GM.

Is that just the magic version of weird science?

>Planescape: how would you do it
>2e Planescape books.
>3e Planescape PDFs
>3e monsters for shit paizo lacks.
>Drop paizo daemons and use yugoloths.
>Use pf compatible outsiders where available.
>Homebrew monster classes/archetypes/whatever for the PCs.
>Start at level 7 or 8.
Done and done.

Wait, what? How is that a choice, one is a maneuver, the other is a feat. What situation are you in that you somehow have to choose between the two?

Ghost Sound would be a lot of fun.

Using afeat to grab a maneuver or the style, maybe?

No, because that seems like an incredibly easy way to send your dick several planes of existence away from the rest of your body, or turn it into a bulette, or something else terrifying and horrible.

OH shit, whoosp. I meant Signature Skill (Intimidate) or Black Seraph Style
I'm going for the whole style line, but thinking of whether it's a good idea to put it off

Cure Minor Wounds.

I mostly play Spheres, so, the Cantrip feat. Nice.

Aha, gotcha. In that case, I have no idea. Depends on how soon you can get the Style one that lets you treat feared creatures as good for profane damage, since that can be a huge boost unless you're in an evil campaign that's full of good guys trying to kill you. Get that one as soon as you can, otherwise I'd say it's mostly whatever you feel like.

I can get it at 7. So the style feat then?

Wrong edition.

I discovered Spheres just as a friend started up a game with a very strict "no 3rd party" rule. This has made me very, very sad... especially since Spheres finally gives me a way to play a dedicated shapeshifter without all the Druid baggage, or the half-assed almost shapeshifting that they begrudgingly gave to classes like the Ranger.

"Note from Jason Bulmahn: The following spells are different from your standard cantrips. They are rare cantrips. Spellcasters that gain access to all 0-level spells at 1st level do not gain access to rare cantrips. A spellcaster gains access to rare cantrips only by uncovering their secrets in some other way. Some are guarded by jealous mages, while others are lost in missing libraries or molder on forgotten scrolls."

What the fuck? What warrants this?

What level are you now? If you have a feat between now and level 7, then you can pick whichever one you want, since you'll have both by the time you hit 7 to take the other style feat. But if you're level 5, for example, and you won't be getting another feat before 7, I'd definitely suggest taking Style now so you have it in time to take the next one at 7.

Stabilize. I might never need it, but I'll be really glad to have it if I do.

I'm 5 now, working through advancement. Also, for the +1 every 5 levels, does that mean I get the next extra point at 6?

>Also, for the +1 every 5 levels, does that mean I get the next extra point at 6?
Nope, that would read something like "+1 for every 5 levels above 1st level". If it says every 5 levels, it means every level that's a multiple of 5, which means that your bonus should be +2 at level 5, +3 at level 10, and so on.

Alright cool. If it's 2 right away then I'm grabbing that shit on the quickfast
thanks man

Yeah, Planescape kinda reeks of being a heavy-handed reaction to WoD.

oh god, which of those was rare?

Also: Fuck Bulmahn. Just sayin'.

Both, in fact.

Lighting anything on fire or saving the life of a man with his brains dashed out on the pavement? Anyone can do that! A gentle breeze? You'd better be prepared for a QUEST!

>mfw THEY'RE BOTH RARE

I think I remember an ability that allows you to warp to enemies that are scared and attack of opportunity them. Anyone remember what it was?

Mending. Best cantrip spell.
Why are you idiots choosing mage hand or prestidigitation? In real life, they're worthless parlor tricks.

Mending gets you a nice cushy job fixing priceless works of art and repairing highly valuable equipment with a flick of the wrist.

>Flick of the wrist
Well, ten minutes of wrist-flicking.

Prestidigitation can nab you a cushy job too. Being able to change the flavor on anything is great for restaurants, and being able to clean so easily is neat-o!

>flick of the wrist
AND YOUR DEAD BABY

Prestidigitation can handle some art repair (anything that's just cleaning instead of physical damage) and can do much else besides.

yeah, I'm sure the restaurant you're working on will save up millions of dollars on condiments and soap.

I've been planning a game with no one to play it with for two years now where the party are town guards in Sigil.
Weird Sigil shit would keep happening to them as they struggle to uphold what little law and order there is to be had.

Exotic dishes and flavoring for cheap can make your restaurant all the rage and give it a new spin that most others can't match. It's a niche that's really hard to fill.

Semenner Bard here.
Yeah, when I'm bored or roleplaying I'd cast Entice Fey or Summon Monsterous Waifu

Inescapable Fetter of the Eternal Guardian?

I think that's it, yeah

Also, does having a huge threatened area mean you can just attack of opportunity anyone who provokes anywhere within it?

>Start at level 7 or 8.

Why not just start the game at level 20 if you want to play god fantasies?

Pathfinder was designed to start at level 1.

(you)

Ok so I'm going for a bad touch cleric.

Anything I need to know aside from spell focus to increase DC, metamagic x3 to qualify for spell perfection, preferred spell and sacred summons?

Fuck off, touhoufag

spell focus is good especially since most bad touch cleric spells are from the necromancy school.

That's... that's not even close to being right.

That's not even 2hu, you can tell by...
>that isn't a touhou character
>Using the term "god fantasies" like a negative thing instead of building them
>Claiming 1 is the starting level when they regularly admit that many of their builds only start and come online at 5/7/9th level

I'm considering playing a dex-melee Mesmerist, relying mostly on Painful Stare and vital strike of all things to do damage. I know this isn't optimal, but is it viable?

Related: Vexing Daredevil - is it worth it without a way to feint as a swift action?

>3/4ths BAB
>vital strike

I'm sorry, but no. There's just no way.

with my group, we always start lvl 3, enoug to not die to a house cat and enough that multiclass character can have the 2 classes they want but not high enough that early game stuff is totally bypassed

you're better off taking rogue levels and using mesmerist powers to make you better at setting up sneak attacks, or going whip-build and just tripping the fuck out of everyone that comes near

Half-Orc Vox

. . . Have you looked at how painful stare works, out of curiosity? Because a single big strike is how to work with it, not multiple attacks.

Yeah, 3-4 is a really solid starting point. High enough to customize, but low enough level that your character is still definitely a newbie.

Actually a lot of the individual flavor and feel was excellent as well. Stuff like the planewalker's guide was pure gold. Cant was obnoxious however yes.

When you brought all of some of these things together, like the factions, it got kinda retarded, but even the WAY the planes were done despite being all-alignments was well executed.

It's like a really good crispy orange chicken with a side of egg.

It was supposed to be duck with a side of eggrolls. The flavors are nice, there's plenty of spices, everything is cooked well...
But it was supposed to be duck with a side of eggrolls.
Damn good chicken tho.

>Most fun and varied choices for Sacred summons cleric is for CE
>CE is the hardest to play without either being distruptive or being seen as a hack.

I've always preferred "Vedi, Vici, Veni" to the other way around.

I came, I saw, I conquered just feels like some ancient roman "JIZZED. IN, MY PANTS."

Intelligence:
d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/clever-wordplay
>Benefit: Choose one Charisma-based skill. You attempt checks with that skill using your Intelligence modifier instead of your Charisma modifier.

Intelligence:
d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/student-of-philosophy
>Benefit(s): You can use your Intelligence modifier in place of your Charisma modifier on Diplomacy checks to persuade others and on Bluff checks to convince others that a lie is true. (This trait does not affect Diplomacy checks to gather information or Bluff checks to feint in combat).

Intelligence:
d20pfsrd.com/traits/magic-traits/pragmatic-activator
>Benefit: You may use your Intelligence modifier when making Use Magic Device checks instead of your Charisma modifier.

Intelligence/Wisdom:
archivesofnethys.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Cunning Liar
>Regional
>You were forced into hiding or willingly went on the run at a young age, and learned to reading others’ interests to inform your lies. You can use your Intelligence or Wisdom modifier in place of your Charisma modifier on Bluff checks.

Wisdom:
Spymaster's Handbook:
>Persuasive Insight (Faith): You were converted to your faith or taught to bargain with spirits for magic by a figure of inspiring insight who taught you to use keen observation in all dealings. You can use your Wisdom modifier in place of your Charisma modifier on Diplomacy checks to ask favors or gain influence (Ultimate Intrigue 102). During a verbal duel (Ultimate Intrigue 176), you can use your Wisdom modifier in place of your Charisma modifier when using tactics you assigned to Diplomacy or Wisdom-based skills.

Charisma:
d20pfsrd.com/traits/faith-traits/irrepressible
>Benefit(s): You can use your Charisma modifier in place of your Wisdom modifier when attempting Will saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.

When will Wisdom and Charisma be given more traits to be on par with Intelligence?

CG has the best ones though. Can't beat Azatas

probably about the same time you stop posting

Ego expultrice rectum in omni tempore mea Braccae iuxta me erant
Et cum sumus manibus ejus quasi habens sexus me
Non ego te faciam ACERBUS Just vocare FUROR
Ego gerunt Flexilis sua semper necessitas,
Ego cuz
Mea Braccae in expultrice!

Why so bully?

You eat shit and get nothing worthwhile for SM 6,7 and 8 though. Bralani spam shooting lightning bolts is crap and you know it.

>Hit level 4 in my game today
>Still no idea if I'm building my Inquisitor right
I'm having fun with him, at least.
Took Flames of the Faithful as my new spell, hoping it will help continue the trend of my masterwork short sword being my only reliable weapon.

You can get WIS to intimidate with an inquisition.

Nobody fucking cares about Charisma.

I use this book a lot as a DM to make encounters more interesting. I've probably made about 4 Battle Lords to support and lead the opposition against my players. Since I figure it's reached just about max sales, I felt like showing it to Veeky Forums.

Gonna dump the class an feats, if you want I'll also dump archetypes.

Fricken love Auras and Drills. Easy to understand, a decent amount of customization, and sometimes unique ways to buff allies.

The Conversion inquisition (or really, any inquisition) is much more difficult to acquire than a trait. It absolutely requires a one-level dip, which not all characters can afford.

It is insulting how Wisdom's Persuasive Insight is far narrower than Intelligence's Clever Wordplay or Student of Philosophy.

The only things that can possibly vindicate Charisma are ghost syrup and leadership feats. The two tend to be viewed as "cheesy" ban targets, whereas the Intelligence traits are seldom perceived as ban-worthy.

Even Dreamscarred Press seems to think that Charisma is equal to Intelligence and Wisdom (see: the Brutality Blade archetype turning the soulknife Charisma-based, and the Daring Hero prestige letting initiators and soulknives become Charisma-based), when a switch from Intelligence or Wisdom to Charisma is a major downgrade unless ghost syrup and/or leadership feats are allowed.

Love that the Noble Auras grant both a good skill bonus and another benefit that will come in handy with that character.

>Dual Command
Stack that shit man

>My rapier's damage dice are 2d6 at level 8!

it has more to do with vital strike, and how it has BaB requirements.

Greater combat drills seem more like what you'd find a army comander having

And then Imperial auras actually give you some in game power to gather such a force

>-The hunter's animal companion functions at 1half/2× their level.

I'm assuming this means at half level? If so, fuuuuuck you.

>The ranger gets hunter's bond at 1st level and functions at effectively on par druid level.

So they're a worse casting Hunter? Fuuuuuck you.

>-The ranger and paladin casts spells at 1st level and can cast up to 6th level spells.

Reasonable, but now why do the Hunter and Warpriest exist?

>-Fighter/(un)chained rogue/ (un)chained barb/(un)chained monk archetypes can continually stack on top of each other in spite of not being able to.

I don't even know what the fuck you're trying to say here: the martial classes can take Archetypes that buy off features they no longer have? They can take Archetypes that all change the same feature as long as they don't trade it away in full? They can take multiple Archetypes but they must not conflict (which they can do anyway)? Fuuuuuck you for not being clear.

So you're 3 fuck yous out of four, which is bad. The main things you seem to be trying to fix are martials not getting class abilities worth a damn and the shared existence of the Hunter and Ranger.

The latter is easy: pick one and delete the other. You can just say no, like DARE. If that bothers you, count the Ranger among the martial ranks and let them stack shit like Guide, Trapper and Freebooter to make them a Full BAB striker that isn't the Slayer. Or, use the first and third options, excise the Hunter and tell people to play a Nature Fang Druid if they want a more caster focused pet class.

The former is hard: the Unchained Rogue and either Barbarian punch at about the highest weight a pure martial can: URogue as a mobile single shot striker/debuffer (Scout + Rake/Thug, focused on Intimidate and/or Sap Mastery) and Barbarian as a facefucking charge build that can turn into a tank at the level martials stop mattering. (Beast Totem + CAGM). The Fighter and Monk can get there, but with specific Archetypes.

>what is painful stare

That one I'll give you, but since Painful Stare is only once per round it's still a better option than full attacking.

Artilerist gives a decent replacement for Gunslingers

Soldier works decently in humanoid campaigns

Medic allows actual decent healing and stats removal.

It's really not
>one chance to hit and proc painful stare
vs
>several chances to hit and proc painful stare

Scout and one of the Auras from earlier let you turn your allies into decent sneakers, safer in the surprise round, and better initiative

True, but if your first attack misses your 3/4 BAB isn't going to do your subsequent attacks any favors.

What's the consensus on Vexing Daredevil? And related, is there any way to feint as a swift action?

Most of the feats are very situational and not worth it, but the training feats for more Battle Lord specializations are gold.

Nah, meant 1 and a half to 2 times their class level.

The ranger, hunter, warpriest and paladin exist in their own niche and if one class is allowed over another.

People continue to play core only games for some reason, and these slight modifiers to the classes help the players.

Thanks for the analysis though, fucker.

Is Bilious Strike worth it?