CYOA Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
youtu.be/VWXDv7huKS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

What do y'all enjoy about cyoas?

Escapism

Let's see if this is playable. Pick up to four (4) companions.
First page out of two.

Pick at least one challenge to overcome.

Second and last page.

Mostly just assisted escapism. I prefer ones where I just get to choose some cool shit over ones where I am encouraged to min max to make a viable 'build' for no reason.
It's sort of just a prompt to day dream in more imaginative and interesting ways.

For anyone who missed the announcement.

Domain Master will be getting an update by Imaginos and me. Feel free to suggest balancing tweaks, new choices/catergories and even suggest images to replace/improve.

Imagining what the consequences of my choices would be.

tramp for my imagination
power fantasies
killing time

So in the last thread, acheld mentioned that he would include changes to the fluff for certain races or add new ones based on said fluff. I've been stewing on two ideas for the Ugrish and sea people but I need some help fleshing them out/de-sueing the Ugrish in particular.

show your fluff then, whore

Inspires writing, but few cyoas accomplish it. Those "get a girlfriend" or "have a pill" do nothing for me.

So for the seapeople, I was thinking that instead of being humans they'd just be straight up sahuagin. Another user last thread complained that they were cthulu worshippers, but for me, that was exactly what I was trying to achieve with their fluff.

So basically the fish people/"sea devils" worship some "deep one" creature that lives, well, at the very deepest point of the world's ocean. It's impossible for any creature to reach that place due to the environmental hazards and sheer pressure. They worship this god because they believe it to be the creator of their species, and all the other ones that live in water as well. It doesn't matter if this is true or not, because due to Reality Is Perception, it is now. This creature is also responsible for ensuring that all suhuagin souls undergo the cycle of death and rebirth. When each one dies, a small piece of them is broken off to be added to a collection of sahuajin soul shards. When the god feels the time is right, it
>cont

You neglected to mention whether vampires required HUMAN blood, whether it needed to be fresh, how much is needed and whether feeding kills humans.

You've clarified these things on pretty much every other page as far as I could tell, it's just vampires that were left out.

it quickens the souls into what later become the sea creatures that the sahuajin have a "psychic" connection to. I haven't decided whether or not it should be telepathy or spirit-singing. The rest of the soul, in any case, is then thrown to be born as first sea plants, then once it has lived and died as each species, it becomes plankton, then some weak fish/clam etc, and so on hundreds of thousands, if not millions of times, to eventually reincarnate as the same sahuajin that died. In process of reincarnation, new sahuajin souls are born because the previous soul in its reincarnations, leaves a mark like a layer on each body. Each fish and plant of the sea undergoes this same ritual. As a result of this, sahuajin don't really think about death as a thing. It's just not something they fear.

That aside, another part of their relationship to their god is that as its creatures, they have the ability to shapeshift into any sea/ocean creature or combination of those.
>cont

Hmmm... You're right. Yes, human blood. No it doesn't have to be fresh. 2 pints per day. Not necessarily lethal.

Jesus fuck this thing has like a billion parts to it

Well thats the second most impractical out of all of them. First being Trolls by sheer volume.

It's in fact a very common hobby of the sahuajin to take on very strange forms in the hope that their god might notice and decide to create a species of that form. However despite the ability to otherwise freely shapeshift(shapeshifting major), they can only do so if what they are turning into lives only in bodies of water. This is the only condition, but it cannot be defied. This is due to their god's influence.

Lastly I was thinking of having them often take control of isolated islands in the oceans but I couldn't really figure out what use a people that live in cities underwater might have for isolated islands. It's not like they'd be able to live on them due to not being allowed to live on land either.

They're called "sea devils" because they often help their eldritch friends pull down ships. It's actually not well known that the humanoid(kind of) sahuajin are a thing. This is because they're often in their favorite species' or hobby forms when they're attacking.

Is there any truth to the rumour that you and Imaginos are sexy secret lesbians?

That's bretty gud. I like the ideas and the fact that they have their own myths. But I'm not convinced the DLC needs really specific fluff. It gives us the building blocks and the tools to make a a magical world. It's good that it leaves it open to interpretation and imagination.
So your seadevils are great for your own burgeoning build. But not really necessary for the DLC itself imo. Although I guess if you do the same thing with a bunch of other races you'll have enough content to do your own cyoa/thingy.

In terms of looks, sahuajin are about three feet tall. Their skin colors change based on whim but they're typically some variant of literally ocean blue, green or sand-color. They also typically have jaws full of fangs when they're hunting, but use whatever else they might need eat something that requires more than just fangs, like seaweed. Lastly, there's no unified reproductive method. Like as not two sahuajin are reproducing like anglerfish, then there's also the fact that many don't even have genitals at all until they feel like breeding.

>But I'm not convinced the DLC needs really specific fluff

True but it could work as well if they were made to be more generalized. I wasn't really sure where to start desu.

end.

Your not creative enough if you say this. Put a hundred in my (nonexistant) pateron account and I'll fucking show you a story based off my choices inthe Dick Hole CYOA. Make me some choices and I'll do a story for you.

I really need that cash.

Yokai
Kitsune
Mirage
Tail Sacrifice
Isolate
Seduce
Warp Mirror

Yokai aren't the strongest, but they are among the hardest to kill. Probably THE hardest when considering the available abilities. Further, feeding is reasonably practical and doesn't cause any permanent harm (barring PTSD and the like). Yokai also get their item completely for free, which is a nice bonus.

Kitsune are the obvious choice from there. Nekomata aren't even liked by other Yokai and the other two present a rather unpleasant lifestyle.

Mirage is my primary means of feeding, provided Isolate isn't enough by itself to scare the pants off a human. Isolate prevents my feeding from being publicly noticed and Mirage means that I don't need to directly expose myself.

Seduce is probably the best way to deal with Others too stubborn to run from with Isolate. I was considering Banish, but it can't target everything and Isolate functions pretty similarly. Electrokinesis barely hurts anyone but humans. Thanks to the mirror and/or mirage I can pretty much seduce anyone and everyone capable of being aroused.

If I have to explain the warp mirror you are probably new to these threads. It's just a shame I can't alter my kitsune form with it.

I kind of meant to link but it really doesn't matter as long as it's the right CYOA.

Acheld, one thing note is that it seems to me like all the hostile species are the ones with interesting powers and behaviours, at least when it comes to how they'd interact with my build. The issue here is that I'd like to have most species hostile/mortal threat but I'd like to eventually be able to conquer them and build an empire. It explicitly says that that's impossible to build anything with them, but that's kinda lame. Some of us want to war against massive Ugrish hordes, you know? I wouldn't mind if it was difficulty locked or anything, not at all. I'd just like if it were possible to eventually, with difficulty, build a society with them even if it required war. As it is now, the DLC specifically forbids that.

I don't know if you yourself are "creative", but you're definitely "desperate". So, no, I have enough of that on my own.

Get a job ya bum.

>Your not creative enough if you say this.
Oh I can write no problem.
But it's boring. Why would I do something that's supposed to be entertaining when it isn't?
Cyoas that are "you get a girlfriend, that's it", are no fun to write about.

>Cyoas that are "you get a girlfriend, that's it", are no fun to write about.
What about CYOAs where you become a necromancer? :^)

absolutely no interest, go back to fixing that high school thing

5 is top tier.
Would remove kebab with.

I get that the point is that they're all meant to be shit, but who enjoys picking the least shit option instead of the best option?
That's a serious question I'm genuinely interested to see if anyone likes this kind of thing

Never read it so I wouldn't know.
Allegedly there's information on what the setting is like, so I think it would be inspiring.
Can't say being a skeleton is too intriguing.

They're good but the purples, reds, blues and oranges are all degenerates with very bad taste so they shouldn't really be writing anyway.

There's no beating this CYOA in the shitty girlfriend department

agreed that she's top tier but what does
>Would remove kebab with.
mean?

Annabelle seems great.

I think it's the accordion. Like in the meme.

/k/ maymay
Kebab is slang for towelheads, a slang for mudslims, a slang for Muslims.

While you were sleeping, Angel returned and posted face.

Nora, Morgan and Annabelle seem fine, maybe you just have a shitty taste.

Go away

Most of them seem okay.

I wish there would be "stop that asshole at all costs" mode.

>Iron General
>Elven Time Mage
>Dragon Knight
>Sophisticated Psion

>Evil Monarch

A "Someone has feitish superpowers and you must stop them" CYOA?

I should get my shit together and work harder on making my cyoas look better. That race-choice looks downright snazzy!

>Yokai
Kinda unhappy with having to cause insanity
>Kitsune
How old can we get? I'd assume we won't die of age before 900.
>Mirage
to help feed
>Isolate
that's an insane defense power, AND can cause insanity just by locking a guy up in here, in a dark room, for a day.
>Fox Fire + Fox Form
Otherwise you're not really a Kitsune. Seduce was tempting, but you need fox parts to be a fox spirit.

Why do the Others not like Yokai? They feed on fear, that would go well with the Satanus Demons, goes perfectly with C'Thulids as they feed on insanity.

>Warp Mirror
Helps because for whatever reason the victim can't know who I am when I feed.

How did you do the weird writing under C'Thulids?
I feel like there's far too little information to go on to really imagine things. How many Others are there, what's the relationships like, how big is the city, how often must I feed?

Time to be the hated rulefag.

Drow Witch and Siren both have nudity, breaking global rule 5.

The Amazon is breaking global rule 15, and I shouldn't have to explain why,

Most of this shit would be solved with a text version or changing pictures.

According to the Page 1 description, Yokai can create deep psychological scars that make victims never want to go out in the dark. Maybe the Others don't appreciate their food sources being broken and paranoid.

I made two builds. I'd probably want the first just because it has the potential for exerting the most influence.

Noble Vampire
>Manipulation
>Blood Rituals
>Grand Design
>Secrets

Jobs:
>Demon Contract

Gift:
>Runestones

Fill the runestones with a bunch of magical protection and escape rituals. A few offense too. Begin a crazy scheme to depose and replace the vampire lord. Domination is too hamfisted and doesn't really work well long-term against the supernatural, yet a combination of manipulation, grand design and secrets should be powerful enough to glide through the Other political world with ease. And grand design combined with the open endedness of blood ritual should be a lot of fun.

Obsidian Dragon
>Consume Spirits
>Armored
>Hoard Empowerment
>Enhanced

Gift:
>Siegeblade

Goal with this being just survival. Dragons that think to hunt me are likely to become prey. See if anyone is willing to make alliances, otherwise just wave the big fuckoff sword around when trouble comes.

Thanks! Not bad for ms paint, huh?

Yokai are immortal. The reason the others don't trust them is because they are relative newcomers to the west.

>You're back! Yay!
yeppers.

I actually think getting literally scared to death turning into a ghost is very amusing.

The heal-illusion can last for a few hours per cast but takes ~1 min. Technically, it isn't cannibalism if you're a zombie. That would be eating other zombies.

I would play that

that's pretty good for MSPaint, yeah.
How did you do the weird writing for C'thulids?
I don't think I saw either mentioned anywhere. But that definitely means I'm forced into changing Warp Mirror for the Crucifix, and I need to swap Fox Form for the one where you can resurrect at the cost of a tail.
Then again, I have no clue what "onmyo magic and shinto blessed weapons", how common they are, how expensive or hard to get they are, and if the Others have easy access to this. Anyway, I want to not die.
So there's no particular reason to hate Yokai? Just being racist to the newcomers?

And I really am sorry your cyoa didn't spark my creativity. I think it's because most of these races have absolutely no interest to me, so there actually aren't many choices.
There aren't many combinations either, I think the Kitsune pick 4 options of 9
>includes a vore-option
absolute trash, jesus christ.

Kitsune has fox ears+tail by default. I've never actually heard of a kitsune with fangs+claws. Turning into a fox is common, but I don't think it's quite necessary.

How does that mean you are forced? The others don't trust your kind, but that doesn't mean they are actively trying to kill you, unlike the Dragon's version. Isolate should be more than enough to escape any major threats provided you don't go around making enemies.

As far as "onmyo magic and shinto blessed weapons", considering yokai are apparently "relative newcomers" and the only reason anyone would have those things would be specifically to kill yokai, and even if they don't like yokai they are still considered less of a threat/target than demons or dragons, I would say that both are exceptionally rare.

The CYOA sort of implies that banemetal kills everything though, though it doesn't outright state it.

Onmyodo is a fairly complicated magical tradition largely based on occultism and chinese philosophy, and Shinto is a religion practiced in certain parts of Japan. They're both fairly popular in the pop culture sense for being foreign and exotic but not overbearing, but you can bet that as long as people don't get a good grasp of who or what you are, it's not something you'll run into here in the West. You're honestly more likely to encounter an actual god than you are the reclusive weirdo that would be an accomplished onmyouji just feeding on people in the city, and that's more likely than running across a serious Shintoist.

>vore-option
I didn't really consider it like that when I added it. Eating flesh just seemed a natural thing for zombies to do. *shrug*

cool. I forgot they already had ears. Claws are just great for defence, but with 50% power during the day, my only options for defence are Mirage+Isolate
changing to
>Yokai + Kitsune
>Mirage
for feeding
>Tail Sacrifice
>Isolate
Both work for survival, the latter works for feeding
>Seduce
Mostly for fun, but it can also help somewhat with not being slaughtered by the other races.
>Warp mirror
Combined with Seduce, that's a great way to avoid death.
If I do die and lose a tail, I'll change my appearance completely. I'll have to find the mirror again, of course.
The Crucifix is tempting, but Isolate+Mirage does almost the same thing, effectively. They're locked away for 24 hours.
I won't lock them in a dark room, just put them away somewhere nice while I escape.
I'm not taking any risks when all the other races are racist towards Yokai. People have been killed for less.

Tensions are high between pretty much ALL the races. There are hunters to worry about too.

You just ended up copying my build exactly btw,

Plus it was meant more for licking than eating.

Race: C'thulhid
Powers: Fear Toxin, Eldritch Energy, Omnimancy, Unbreakable
Item: Siegblade

youtu.be/VWXDv7huKS0

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

>the only thing you're weak to is exceptionally rare
Great. It definitely sounds like you'd only find this wherever the Yokai came from, so it would take a lot of effort to gather that.
>Banemetal is OP as hell
Well, the cyoa says "anything that deals significant damage will turn you into a ghost for a year" - since banemetal doesn't fall under either Onmyodo magic or Shinto weapons, it shouldn't kill me. That, or there's inconsistencies since the Baneweapon says it can kill anyone you can beat in a battle.
(I really think it's OP as hell you can get a weapon that can kill every single race, right off the bat)

Oh that's great, that's a real comfort!

Bear in mind that I'm not actually the OP, and it's fully possible for you to find that one old foreigner running a shop somewhere, JCA style, if you get too cocky.

Change the Behemoth and Colossal Size Classes to Boss Perks.

As they are now, no one will ever choose them.

Is the loss of passion from a Fallen's feeding permanent? If so can use of the Starlight power reverse the damage?

>How did you do the weird writing for C'thulids?
It's just a font called zalgo.

ah. Well that's embarrasing!
Our plans are... exactly the same. Except I would use Mirage on enemies first, and only resort to Isolate if necessary. I'd prefer to make them think I vanished, than make them pissed EVEN if I transport them to a nice, cozy room with a crackling fireplace.

The cyoa plainly says that "... there are very few Yokai in this area..." and "...your kind are not well trusted by the rest of the Others."
I'm not gonna take any chances whatsoever. Plus, the powers are really good for feeding, which is the important part. Seduction is the only power that isn't too useful to me, but my plan was to avoid enemy Others through it.
Even if there needs to be some initial attraction.

Morning.

I need to reiterate to those who haven't been following that this version is in an incomplete state of transition. Do not attempt to make a proper build with it, though any feedback is appreciated.

This, on the other hand, remains complete and whole.

Input appreciated. As an user in this chain said, I don't want to add a LOT of specifics to any given race, but as I mentioned last thread I'm aiming to have two "sea" races at the end of this. One will be fairly inhuman, sahuajin inspired as was mentioned, while the other are closer to mermen. How "evil" they are would depend on what hostility choice you make for them.

Hmm... I do see what you're saying. I'll think about if there is a way I can "fix" that would making it too complex.

I would use Isolate to run more than to "banish".

The way I'm reading Isolate is a sort of mirror version of the area devoid of people except for those you pull into it. It's a good way to escape, simply step into your pocket dimension and leave 2 blocks up the street, up to 24 hours later.

Brawny Gentleman - the eccentricity of the group
The Cheerful Druid - the glue that holds the group together
Nameless Rank & File Guard - the quintessential straight man
Iron General - the brain and the brood to make a great contrast.

Dark witch - a clear villain that's all about betrayal and distrust that we'd overcome with the bonds of friendship (plus potential reform story would be great).

The loss of passion is permanent, starlight could mitigate it but not completely reverse it.