So this is basically the Goonies meets Delta Green

So this is basically the Goonies meets Delta Green.

Cool. I plan to start this today.

This and Harmonquest are what I'm most interested in.

>the demigorgon, it got me
>then the monster gets him
Is this going to be some Jumanji shit?

No, but D&D comes up quite a bit.

And the concepts for D&D stuff is used to explain some stuff.

thanks Veeky Forums I would have otherwise missed this.

Fair enough. Really enjoying this so far. I feel so bad for that girl that was an experiment or whatever.

Do they ever go full adventurer and start cleverly avoiding/killing the monsters (meaning OSR style, not "look at how badass these kids are" 3.5/4e style) and shit or is it just too Lovecraftian for that?

>Goonies meets Delta Green

That's a pretty damn good combination. I'll have to give it a shot.

So far it's actually better than that makes it sound.

So far, pure lovecraft levels.

Best thing I could compare the monster to is a Migo.

Yeah, but it probably the best way I could describe it.

Thanks, OP, I'm gone watching.

>watching this show's first episode
>scary, then comfy, then scary, then sad, then funny, then comfy, then tense, then suspenseful, then badass, then scary, then suspenseful
I'll be watching more.

I mean, could the telekinetic girl possibly take it?

>"Okay, night El."
>"...Night, Mike."
I SHOULD NOT FIND THAT SO ADORABLE OH MY GOD.

Don't know. Don't really know how tough it is or if it can even be harmed right now.

Just saw a screen shot where the MIB raided a house and a box of confiscated goods had a bunch of board games with Dungeon up front and in focus above all else.

It made my heart soar.

I literally put my hands on my cheeks and almost squealed when this happened. What the fuck is wrong with me?

HAHA!

Fire fixes everything!

Don't Fuck With Psionics: The Series

>Kid sees horrifying monster
>Goes straight for the gun
In an alternate timeline where the kid makes it out, he'd be the lead in a Hunter series

Just finished this series.

10/10 want more.

I kind of hope they take the route that American Horror Story takes and just keeps revolving the same cast around different stories because the main crew all had pretty solid performances.

I haven't watched AHS. Do you mean it reboots and tells a different story, or more and more shit happens to the same characters?

What other Veeky Forums-related TV series are there? I'd love to make a list to watch for inspiration.

I dunno, you can make everything Veeky Forums-related.

Try The Expanse for your Sci-Fi fix, for example.

That's a good point. What are some shows that prominently feature Veeky Forums stuff, then?

I know this, and that episode of Community, and apparently an episode of Freaks & Geeks, though I haven't watched that show yet.

Each season of American Horror Story is its own self-contained tale with a new setting and characters, but uses many of the same actors and has connections to the other seasons.

Freaks and Geeks is great to watch. I think a lot of Veeky Forums could relate and def recommend.

Community does have a followup episode that's...solid for a later season and deals with the problem of that guys and inner-party conflict on a much larger level.

Big props to the kid who went for the gun right away.

Just on Ep3 but the way the supernatural bit works seems like some good inspiration for shadowrun astral shenanigans (which don't get nearly enough love.)
What with the monsters in the shadow-dimension stalking folks in the physical world and the nosebleed-inducing mind powers.

>Fire fixes everything!
In Call of Cthulhu it's "dynamite fixes everything", but close enough!

I just watched the whole season based on the thread's recommendation, and it was pretty fantastic right up until the last episode, which was only slightly less fantastic.