/wip/ Work In Progress

No WIP thread on Veeky Forums?!? Emperor's Teeth! That's HERESY!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
[YouTube] How to Magnetize a Tyranid Carnifex (embed)
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg (embed)

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Ventilate, motherfucker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/color-harmonies.htm
paletton.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dare any of you to take a picture of your current /WIP/ and/or hobby station as it is at this moment.

Who dares show me their filth?!

Basically this repeated for my whole kitchen table. I eat on the floor now.

Anyone have tips for buildanpainting a Deredeo? Just finished cleaning and bending it last night.

Forgot my image like a common peasant

My clutter is real.
Finally got motivated to put all the beakies and shoulders from my stockpile onto a lot of the models that were missing them since I do those separate.
The Attack Bikes need shoulders as well.
The fliers on the right have burnt me out because I wanted to be a special snowflake and have one fighter mostly white and the other mostly yellow.
Not pictured are my 5 Landspeeders and 3 Darkshrouds that also need more heads and pauldrons.

The guns of my Landspeeder keep breaking off or take that whole blasted bar you clip the weapon onto with it.

I need to push through this so I can start on my B@C towards a Lions Blade.

I have no fix hobby station.
I just throw my stuff in a corner of the bathroom.

>inb4 yes I know some led are dying

My work from last night. I have a whole bunch of beat up berzerkers from various bitboxes and lots that I decided to fix up. I haven't painted in around 2 years due to work keeping me busy, so I figure these guys are my "how did this go again" victims.

The room didn't have enough light for pictures, I did the best I could.

>cut apart the ones that were too bad to salvage
>basecoated
>putting down brown for metals and leather belts

Look upon my works, ye Veeky Forums and despair.

Working on the tooth and claw malifaux set atm. First set outside 40k. Assembly was a pain but the diversity of models is a lot of fun.

>Forgot my image like a common peasant

does your bathroom come from the future?

That's a lot of knights. Close up? I love the ravenwing knights, so much character to them.

Does it look like it's covered in chrome?

Thanks, doc.

omg they look like they are dancing ahahhaha

i love it

I wanna see those bikebrarians.

>previous wip #1

My Hobby Zone as I left it last night and below, the Portalglyph I am working on.

I have a Horror of Tz with his lefts cut down that I will paint today, add to the pool, and fill with Woodland Scenics Realistic Water.

>previous wip #2

After moving from the UK to Singapore, I lack a table and anday light lamp or any proper desk lamp for that matter.
The one you see here is supposed to be out on a shelf above a desk, here it's so damn low, and with shit lighting.

>Hanging sprues on the wall

Ingenious...

workspace: poorfag edition

Nothing special but I made a runtherd.

Suspiciously well organized.

Started work on yet another master for my Neverborn.
I know I need to do something with the face, it doesn't look right and I think it's because the nose is really disjointed from the rest of the face.
I'm not sure about whether I want to paint the rest of the clothes black or purple.
Also not really sure on the hair colour, leaning towards a kind of light brown at the moment

They are all still works in progress. Most of my army is just up to a table top standard of ~3 colors with minor detail but someday I will be good enough to finish them.

Right to Left:

Death Watch Blood Raven on DV Seargent Bike

Death Watch White Scars with his iconagraphy removed and a Green Stuff Psychic Hood added

My first Conversion of the Dark Vengeance Librarian onto a DV Bike

Now you just need a couple of runts doing something really stupid

I gave up trying to unpaint this bitches.

So I'm going for a red, white and gold scheme.

My camera is notoriously horrible.

From this picture I am missing my second Command Squad of 6 more black knights as well as my Sammael.

All non HQs have beakies besides my monopose regular bikers in the back but their sergeants have them.
I have enough for all my Ravenwing.

Mate, I can understand your yellow and purple colour scheme. It's yours, fine, personnal taste and all that.
But for the love of god, take some proper pictures man, not some blurry mess like that.

>Close up
An Older WiP Pic, all the tires are black now at least.

I clean up before, during and after every session. I cannot stand clutter.

And here are some shots from last nights game featuring a lot of terrain and models I have been sharing throughout these threads.
2000 points of my Thousand Sons and Daemons of Tzeentch vs The Ork Git Mob.
Twas an intense battle that went on to turn 7 with the Gits winning 15 to my 14 VPs in "The Spoils of War."

See >My camera is notoriously horrible.

My phone camera is even worse so all I have is my Tablet.

It doesnt help that the light comes from the window behind all my work.

I wish my pictures and painting were better too.

Reposting this guy because I like how it turned out. Come at me, brothers

Exactly!

Potato quality pic, but finished up a Courtier for my Flesh Eater Courts last night. Well, almost done. Still have to dry brush and add some dead grass to the base.

Did you use any wash whatsover?

Some suggestions

>runt trying to pry open a mine with a hammer
>runt hitting other runt over the head with a live stickbomm
and hardmode
>runt cleaning the teeth of a large squigg with half his body inside the squigg's mouth

goddamn, you sure polished it well. Itt was so messy the first time i saw it.just like my models

did you consider using a lighter blue? Not saying you should, but would be curious how it would look.

My Venenum Clade Assassin and my hybrid Dreadnaught ( im stripping the colours). Dreadnaught took over an hour of carving and cutting to fit right

>>runt trying to pry open a mine with a hammer
Or playing with that, a runt holding a stick out far back and to the side while looking away and covering his own eyes while he attempts to poke the top of a mine.
Or maybe have him without a mine, but still posed for poking and have a second runt standing on top of a mine so that first one can be poking the mine that the second is standing on.
Maybe a squiq with a runt hanging out of his mouth.
A runt riding a runttank (paper craft the tiniest tank) with a second runt manning the radio controls.
A runt trying desperately to pick up a gun way too big for him to lift let alone use.
Man, I wish I collected Orks.

Just do it, you know you want to. They're probably the cheapest force to collect too, with thousands and thousands of AoBR orks still floating around waiting to be converted.

My buddy already has a 6k+ force, but I have just sold all my extra armies to focus on my Eldar, 1kSons and Daemons of Tz. BUT, once those are COMPLETE I think I will start an Ork force after all. Orks need Orks to mash too!

Nah man, you should just keep an eye out for good deals and stack those boxes up high, then get to it when you have the time. It's not like you can't just sell them off if you change your mind either.

And here is the little Portal Horror that will be emerging from the portal.
Going out to prime him now.

Not too bad. Mostly just current project clutter. Just finished painting.

The shading makes her look like she's got a serious monobrow.

Reposting yesterday's work

Two things, basecoat your gold with brown and the librarian's lenses are derpy in the middle. Shade the lenses properly.

Paint hazard stripes yellow then do the stripes in black, not the other way around. And use masking tape.

Okay, she didn't turn out quite right. Is she destined for a trip into Simple Green to be reborn?

The lenses are the new gemstone paintsI was trying out

Like the idea. Move the wings to her back, not her bum.

I mean...

Ignoring that would further unbalance the mini, she was based on this semen demon, so I'm somewhat obligated to do that. Also, with the wings on her bum, they frame the head.

Tonights effort.

Never used white as a base coat before. Trying out preshading before I put the yellow on so hopefully I get some clean shadow and wont risk fucking up the final coat.
Doesn't show up super well in the picture but the shade is kind of brown so hopefully it isn't too harsh on the yellow.

Tried out my new wet palette and glaze medium too. Makes the white go on like a dream. I'd be happy to even try a white army doing it this way.

Why does Japan always add the wings to the hips?

Considered it, figured a deep royal would contrast better with the bright ye. Besides, I had either kantor blue or teclis blue, ans the lighter would have looked terrible :/

Chi/Ki is meant to glow from the abdomen. So maybe that.

They also add wings to the head so maybe they're just fucked.

so that when you draw the character, the wings are in view without drawing above the character, also hips are sexy so they want to draw attention to them

I like the assassin, but the dreadnought looks really depressed with its arms hanging limply by its sides like that.

Working on magnetizing a Contemptor Dreadnought for my Flesh Tearers. It's gonna be my first time working with magnets.

The places where the 3mm magnets will be placed are marked with red X's. Other than drilling out the holes for them, I got him all ready to get the job done; I'm just waiting for the magnets and Green Stuff to arrive from ebay.

I'm also trying to jury rig up a Nemesis Force Halberd for him so I can run him as a Librarian Dreadnought similar to , but it's gonna need a fair bit of Green Stuff to get it right.I really hope the result will pay off.

I got a few of the Dark Angels Bike Upgrade Sprues that I can steal some of those big ol' books from so he can look more Librarian-y, but I'm not sure the best way to attach it to him securely while still making it removable and not an eye-sore.

Any advice?

Same as Also got my inquisitors in from Hasslefree Miniatures.

Really impressed with the quality of these. Only real problem is they look a tad bit skinnier than your standard 40k/Heroic Scale guys, but I knew that going in. They should make fine additions to the Army after I get to them.

Fixing up the edges/rim of the portal and picking out/building up some more colour depth. Also, might add some flecks of that Glow In The Dark paint.
Then I will lay down a layer of 'Ardcoat and then a couple lines of colour/GitD paint and once dry, some of the Realistic Water. Then I think some flecks of GitD paint again, and then another thin layer of Realistic Water.
After finishing painting and placing the Portal Horror in the pool, of course.

Done with cards for a long time. Back to miniatures

I see, ashame my autism makes fucked up anatomy a turn off

Same as and Pic related is the current backlog.
All have to have their Moldlines shaved, almost all have to be primed, and those that are already primed and painted need to be stripped and redone.

This is just a small part too, I got another 4-5 boxes this size to do too.

One is filled to the brim with more Space Marine/Blood Angels dudes (mostly HQ's, Elites, Bikes, and Dreadnoughts), one with ~80 Skitarii and a single Dominus, and another two or three with just assorted Space Marine Vehicles (3 Razorbacks, 2 Vindicators, 2 Drop Pods, and Land Speeder, and a Storm Raven).

I also have a ton of cover to make as well. I'm in for some fun times as you can see.

Looks amazing as always user. Love what you did to the blue symbol

anatomically speaking, adding limbs to the hips rather than the shoulder blades doesn't do much harm. The lower back twists but doesn't bend, it's also closer to a female's center of mass, and therefore maneuvering would be easier.

Tac squad number two.

I am picking up B@C next weekend too start my Battle Company and I really hope I can find someone who will trade me a Regular Ven Dread for that monopose piece of shit Contemptor that I hate so much.

Perhaps I could trade it for Assault or Devastator Marines.

Are those Tac Marines all the same stance too? If thats from B@C it will drive me nuts.

The Calth Tactical Squads and Termie have the same poseability as your standard Space Marines models.

Neither are monopose like Dark Vengeance models or the Calth Contemptor/HQ's, and thus you can get decently creative with how you model them. They also come with a fair load of extra bitz and bobbles to spice 'em up.

The 3 Tactical Squads and the 1 Terminator squad are worth the buy alone, the rest is just gravy.

I was really disappointed by the Calth Contemptor. The fact it's not only monopose but a shitty monopose just killed it for me.

Would it really have been that hard to give the legs even an ounce of poseabililty?

How much stripping is enough?

Does the model have to be 99.9% back to plastic or do you think I could get away with a few areas having streaks left?

it depends on how thick the primer/paint was, if it was thin enough you could get away with some recesses. (i don't think you can strip paint from glue, so check if those unstripped parts had glue,if they do you might want to scrape them away)

If it clogs up detail, it has to go. Scratch it out with a toothpick

Painted over the warp-print-out with the blues completely covering the old piece, basically using it as a guide.
Added some key points of glow in the dark paint (with is virtually transparent over these colours) and dry brushed some up the lower portion of the inner well walls.

I usually try to take it back down to the primer with little to no paint left on it.

If you leave tiny bits of paint in the details and crevices of the model then the next time you paint them up they'll lose a bit of detail.

If they lose to much detail they'll look like ass and you'll just have to strip them again, thus it's better to get them squeaky clean the first time 'round.

Just get some Simple Green, some tooth brushes, some dental picks, and just go to town on 'em.

And charging the Glow in the Dark paint to see where it is at.
I think I will paint some more highlights of it in the dark in order to see exactly where I am placing it.

Been working on weapons lately, gotten some good feedback over the past few days.

I've been painting my lizards with the idea of having celestial energy trapped in their weapons. Any feedback on pic related, or general painting tips that can make my lizards look better?

Hey guys anyone have that... colour theory wheel?

I have my colour scheme for my Ironjaws, Red and black (pic related & sorry for repost)

I've just assembled the Maw Krusher... what colour complements that?

I think having a Red beast means you would lose a red armoured Ork standing on top so it needs to be contrasting, or something, wondering if that wheel would help

you know you can goggleit right? but "unfortunately red's complementary isgreen, you have it already.

Here's another shot of lizards for progress/variations

Did this mock up to see how it would work.

Provided I can do it cleanly and correctly will it actually look good on a miniature?

tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/color-harmonies.htm
if this helps

here's a wheel.

also check out the link for a cool interactive color wheel

oops: paletton.com/

I couldn't quite come up with the right turn of phrase

Thank you

this could be the most fun i had this week,thank you

I'm so ashamed.

unholy

Been working on this battlefortress since last weekend, aside from some un-drilled barrels I think I'm about done building

So... Much... Unpainted.... PLASTIC!!!

I just cant bring myself to start painting my orks until my necrons are done, and don't get me wrong, they ARE almost done, but edge-highlighting necron vehicles drains my soul.

I think i've sorted the monobrow out now.
I'm gonna work on the hair next, probably going for dark brown, might do red. Which colour do you guys think would work better?

>wings growing out of ass

They should ban the selling of painted miniatures.

>oh that doesn't look too bad, it's cheap and will strip easily
>two weekends of brushing and dunking later and it turns out there's about five layers of various paints

Got some guys today primed black, wouldn't be too bad if there wasn't this dust/hair shit actually in the paint, had to scrape the worst off with a scalpel.

Getting a good glow, but hard to pick up on cam. Looking good in person in the dark, tho.
Painted another thicker layer and charging again.
Will start the Portal Horror now. He will be blue and hopefully appear to be emerging from and almost part of the soup. Will likely paint some glow in the dark paint creeping up the bottom of his body like tendrils from the ethereal pool.

>So... Much... Unpainted.... PLASTIC!!!

Heh! It's the 'Gray' Tide....

I feel you. I recently bought a bunch of minis and whoever primed and tried to paint some of them was either a very hairy cat or a turk.

Yes, YES!
Feel the glow pull you into it's embracing depths!

thats very cool

*Grey