Can a Cure Disease spell fix autism?

Can a Cure Disease spell fix autism?

If it can, there is hope for OP and this board.

No, autism is a spectrum so you need to cast color spray and hope one of the status effects counters it.

Is it a disease or is it evolution?

Checkmate, clerics.

It isn't a disease. There's no external element and it can't be caught or spread. Genetic conditions can sometimes be magically cured, but it'd likely take something different to Cure Disease.

Although when you're dealing with mental illness in general (And ASD fits within that definition. I have the diagnosis but denying it is just wilfull ignorance), there is an issue of how much of the problems become part of the person themselves. Fixing/repairing a mental defect that might have a distinct and noticeable effect on someones personality is a bit of a grey area. A more long term process, helping them come to terms with the specific mental wrinkles that interfere with their lives and letting them move past them while still remaining mostly themselves makes the most sense as a solution.

Then again, if a spell can use that, every human in existence would benefit from it, if only to unravel universal mental flaws like the gamblers fallacy, the sunk cost fallacy, and other such known situations where our brains decision making process is fundamentally flawed.

How about treating it as a curse instead?

Depends on the setting.

i imagine no as even if it was a disease it was placed there by whatever creator god of whatever species we are talking about, and you would need to be a high level (like... immortal god level) caster to dispel it.
but then again if your god decided to cure your autism he (or what have you) could do it.

That caused a painful amount of wheezing.

Yes. But it can't cure the mental inadequacy that results from years of being tuned out from the world.

>my mental illness is special.

Subhumans.

i'm sorry not even magic can cure you

Remove Curse

No, that's too weak. You need a Greater Restoration.

It's a wonky OS, not a virus.
More or less. And it wouldn't rid you of the autism entirely, just shift you to a "higher functioning" spot on the spectrum.

No, autism isn't a disease, it's a condition. Diseases are caused by germs, autism is genetic.
Greater restoration can cure insanity, but most psychologists wouldn't classify autism as insanity (it makes it easier to go mad, but it isn't madness itself).
Anyway, it's genetic, so unless you want to claim it's a genetic curse, it can't be cured anymore than being a halfling can be cured.

Autism exists in real life, curses don't.

>curses don't exist in real life

The real question is - can Cure Disease fix homosexuality?

Heal removes insanity.

Can it cure not liking tomatoes?

>conflating diseases and contagions

Obesity and diabetes are diseases m8

If that worked then the GM just starts throwing Epidemic spells around to force the PCs to enjoy his magical realm.

>forgetting that homosexes just have an all-consuming fetish

Why wouldn't it work? Autism is a disease, Cure Disease cures diseases. It's not magically caused.

>Be Cleric of the goddess of love and beauty
>Devote my entire life towards creating a spell that cures obesity and makes fat people sexy and skinny
>Eventually receive sainthood.

Take that, Michelle Obama.

It's a part of the the brain growing strangely.

Much like replacing a severed arm, replacing the missing pieces of brain would require a Greater Restoration or similar spell.

Restoring Sanity with Magic

>Atonement
>Calm Emotions
>Heal
>Mind Blank
>Miracle
>Restoration
>Restoration, Greater
>Restoration, Lesser
>Wish
>Wish, Limited

>Restoring Sanity with Magic
>Mind Rape

ftfy

>All of these aspies defending their illness rather than agitating for a cure or killing themselves.