The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: WotC hates angels or something, some talk about Pre-Release, Serena is the Jace of the snowstorm, flakes that shouldn't have sparks need justification, I am angel Hitler and what accent should Owl Mom have?

Previous thread: Writefagging last time:
RFA and I wrote some lewds .
A teaser of what's to come REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_q2htBs_enA
youtube.com/watch?v=tFUvmZWf4hI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Remember to shout at me if I forgot something, I am the dumb.

You'll find out when it's done but it's a pretty nasty wound.

>owl mom gets rekt
Nuuuuuuuuu

We just lost spooder! Don't take hoot, too!

Owl wonìt fly anymore user. It's all hover now.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how powerful is your flake? 1 being a manlet, 10 being dear-god-plz-nerf.

For reference, Jacetice League is probably between 3 and 5.

What kind of scale is that?

Use more examples than just the members of the Jacetice League. Especially because they all have wildly different powers and demonstrate them differently.

I originally intended Serena to be like a 3 but I think she's a solid 5 or 6 to be honest.

One of the problems with something like this is that you have people like Gideon who are indestructible but get destroyed by puddles. It's kinda hard to judge the power of some walkers. I think we can agree that Bolas is a 10 though, right?

Duh. I guess Murdock is around a 3. Kaya on a solid 5, maybe 6, I guess it could be higher since I am going for her being a villain flake anyway.

Bolas as he is now would probably be a good way to constitute the new 10. If he gets his powers back, he'd probably break the scale.

Ob Nixilis and Ugin are probably towards the top end of the scale. Sorin is probably a little below them.

I want you to decide what is what on the scale. For example, Jace is 3 telepath, Chandra is a 4 pyromancer, Gideon is a 4muscle mage, etc.

More examples: Jeska, Urza, Old Bolas are probably between 7 and 10, depending on how you argue it. Nahiri and Sorin are probably a 6ish. Dyfed is a 1 for reasons.

And the power jump between each number is pretty big.

>All Serena knows is that owl mom keeps calling her that "winged dickhead."

You guys should keep in mind that I just put Nahiri and Sorin at about a 6. So you're saying your neowalker flakes are THAT powerful?

Except you didn't, because it was ambiguous as fuck.

Kaya's just a villain anyway. Think of her as a second-half-of-the-game boss.
Also, your post happened after mine so how would I have known before?

See
And fuck you

>Razorcock

>Belagir

>Spooder

>Owl

>Gaia
9 or 10

>Myxxzzikt

Don't retroactively post a more comprehensive example, then bash everyone else for being off scale.

This was your fault for not communicating well to begin with.

Pic unrelated. I just like it because it's funny.

Some of the flakes do have abilities that would put canon walkers to shame.

>Astera
Probably a solid 4 or so. Based on her magic being about manipulating enchantments, she might be able to punch above her weight based on how long she has to enchant and set up.

>WG Sonia
2. Would probably be more powerful but the thing about being sincerely dedicated to defending yourself and others but not fighting back is you're not winning many power-level showoffs. Her healing magic means she would be extremely difficult to kill, however.

>WR Sonia
5. Has had a lot of time to study much wider-scale offensive magic and learn how to use a sword.

>Dyna
Hard to gauge. Her physical power is on a completely different scale from most human-sized creatures by nature, but she's also probably the flake with the least magical aptitude.

>Zenri
3. Her magic mostly boils down to the ability to move things around and redirecting things, which is a lot more about what she can think to do with it than raw power. If she was in a fight with Chandra, for example, swerving her super-fireballs so they hit her instead would probably work pretty well, or counter-punching by redirecting the force of Gideon's attacks back at him, but with Jace there's nothing to move or redirect, so she'd be in a real pickle. Also because I've decided "moving things around" shouldn't include cheesy shit like teleporting someone a mile straight up and letting them fall.

>Mirabelle
10. Do not question the magic of lace, doilies, and finishing school. It is beyond your understanding.

You criticized two people for not taking into consideration in their posts the one that you wrote after theirs.
Put more effort in your trolling.

But trolling is hard.

I imagine Thane is about a 6 on a Zendikar with the roil and a solid 4 everywhere else. He's a really good geomancer, but it's his ability to piss off the ground that he's great at. Otherwise he just kind of makes the ground do weird things and then makes it turn into a golem thing and punch you.
I imagine it's only on Zendikar that the Awaken gives you towering colossi with Awaken. Anywhere else and you're looking at bear sized golems or something.

Sorry for not being clairvoyant.

I was operating under the idea that Sorin was like an 8, I'm unsure how Nahiri stacks up as I get the impression that she only beat him because she had months of prep time to fuck the leylines in her favour or something. Without time to make stone fuckery is she still really strong?

So, if Sorin is a 6 then I'd say Serena is a 4.

>she only beat him because
Plot armor, cause Sorin had her in his hands and was literally sucking the life outta her.

>Remes
He's good enough to get by. If he practiced himself to deal with confrontation more, he'd probably be a 4.

>Cala
She can deal a lot of damage in the long run, but she's a lot more intelligent than she is powerful. You're more likely to get tricked or outwitted than outright beat.

>Jakrol
This guy's methods are brutish/brutal, and he's okay with hurting himself and making sacrifices for a combat advantage.

>Winifred
She's got some minor jinxes and tricks, but she really shines in enchantments. She's a great deal less about power and more about weakening and inconveniencing others.

>Wyston
This man has traveled, trained, and studied for a long life. He'd likely be able to put any youngblood in their place. He's also good at casting spells that benefit large groups of soldiers, so that scale has to be worth something.

>Sorry for not being clairvoyant.
You should be.

At this point in the snowstorm, I know what everyone is thinking.
Because I'm psychic like that.
Who is going to be the 23rd annual Dominian Planeswalking Twit of the year?

If we're using that scale, then move everything in down a point.

If this is our scale, then to reiterate.

>Murdock
3 after Inninstrad.

>Kaya

What is this bullshit? Simple
5 planeswalkers will be picked from the snowstorm and pit against each other in various tests using a d6+ their skills in Smarts, Notice Shit, Dexterity, and People Skills

>>Kaya
>6
I just don't see it at all. I reread her story and her flake sheet, and I still don't see it. She got punk'd and chased off by Samnel's friends. Sorin or Nahiri would've easily killed them all. Kaya feels like a 4 to me. I have yet to see any of this raw power or mastery you think she has.

Of course this being about twits, the skills ranks are 1,0,-1,-2.
Now this is non-canon so any bodily harm or death that happens to these lovely walkers isn't real.

There is onyl a story about her, and she actually lets Samnel go of her own volition, really. Long story. I SHOULD write more but I have really not the time to do it. Suffice to say she is supposed to be a pretty strong villain flake. Do you have problems with this?
Unless this is all a dick lenght contest for you than go ahead and make your flake a 10.

How is this a dick contest for my flake when I don't have a flake?

And it didn't look like she left to me. It looked like she put her hands up and gtfo before she got blasted. Not my fault that your headcanon of what happened contradicts what was written. And if you don't write more, you can't complain about people having a hard time seeing your flake as powerful when all she did in her story was rape a guy and then get chased off by his friends. Imho, she's just another bad girl titty flake.

I'm mainly just completing a cycle at this point. Which flakes should be in the competition to be the planeswalking twits of the year?

Whatever.

Should be Gypsy or Romanian accent for Owl Mom.

Your flakes are shit.

Despite her power level Serena isn't very smart and her social skills are pretty garbage, I think it would be funny to be honest. I don't really want to be throwing her into everything though so i'll leave that up to you.

Her social skills aren't good? Not even with her enormous...

Charisma?

Do you still think she's a 6? I could see a 5.

I have no idea, the scale is confusing because people disagree on what the other walkers are. I'd place her 3-2 levels below Sorin/the same level as Chandra. I'd say 5 with Sorin being an 8 to be honest.

I'm not too good at guessing, but I'd say personally somewhere between 5-7, pretty tough without being godlike. That said, given how others have commented on him, he might be near an 8. I don't know, what do you guys think his power level is?

5. Imho, with rare exceptions, any neowalker shouldn't be over a 5.

Rynn is a solid 2 at best. Just ignited, might as well be a 1U human wizard with a tap ability right now.

Huh. Y'know, I actually like this the best. It seems to fit.

Romanian it is.

You're welcome. I try.

Igan's power level varies wildly depending on which "version" he is.

Original Flavor/Mono-Red: 2. This was before he learned most of his tricks and could just pull lava from the ground.

Necrolavamancer/RB: 7. Igan's crazy strong like this, partially from his direct meeting with the Soul of Innistrad. He was able to raise almost 100 "zombies" in a short time during EMN, though they didn't last long. (see the Seething Angel and the Necro-Lavamancer for more details.)

Timeless/RU: 5-6. His time travel's made him skilled and he's learned a lot, but it takes so much out of him that it's weakened the power of his spells.

Wanna team up? Baby blue new boys take the scene?

Gé-bar

For me, the scale goes something like this:

>1: Planeswalkers that have almost no experience and very little magic advantage, if any at all. Example: Domri.
>2: Planeswalkers that possess some magical capability, while lacking little experience as a planeswalker. Example: Narset.
>3: Planeswalkers that both understand what they are and possess a moderate amount of magical ability. Example: Tibalt.
>4: Experienced planeswalkers that understand the nature of the Multiverse and have significant magical ability. Example: Any Gatewatcher.
>5: The pinnacle of a 'normal' planeswalker. A combination of experience and power without any other unfair advantage. Example: Elspeth, Ajani.
>6: This is the realm of enhanced planeswalkers that have been granted unnatural power. Example: Cursed Garruk.
>7: This is the domain of truly ancient planeswalkers that have experienced and learned much from the Multiverse. Example: Nahiri, Sorin.
>8: Some planeswalkers can elevate themselves to ridiculous degrees of power, even if it comes at a cost. Example: Veil Liliana, Maelstrom Ajani, etc.
>9: Planeswalkers that possess an impossibly massive natural advantage, putting them above most other planeswalkers. Example: Karn, Ugin.
>10: Massive natural advantages coupled with supernatural advantages and a great deal of resources and minions at their disposal. Example: Nicol Bolas.
>11 and above: Planeswalkers before the Mending.

I wouldn't lump any version of Ajani with Cursed Veil Liliana. In fact, Cursed Veil Liliana might just rival Nicol Bolas.

In that scale I'd put Serena at a 4, she's not experienced but she has a serious natural advantage. I think with a lot of time and practice she'll be a 5-6, immortality is a great thing for a walker.

The veil makes the wearer powerful, but it's possibly more powerful than she is. With a great deal of focus and power, Liliana can control seemingly endless hordes of the dead.

On the other hand, you have Nicol Bolas, who mindrapes people just by touching them, and might be the oldest living thing in the multiverse (other than maybe the Eldrazi), giving him several millennia of experiences and knowledge.

Ok, now that we have a definable scale, rate your walkers! And then, without being rude or trolling, grab and rate some other people's walkers. It'll be fun.

We haven't seen any such comparison so far, so there's no way of telling. I'd rather not put her on the same level as Mr. Just-As-Planned just yet, who only got fucked once post-Mending through use of a plot device in the hands of Ajani. And that's all that the Veil is, a plot device in the hands of Liliana that makes her sufficiently powerful enough to best whatever threat she's facing.

So maybe bring the 9 down to a 8, the 10 down to a 9 and put Maelstrom-Ajani and Veil-Liliana at 10. It doesn't matter that much.

Fine, a more accurate version.

>1: Planeswalkers that have almost no experience and very little magic advantage, if any at all. Example: Domri.
>2: Planeswalkers that possess some magical capability, while lacking little experience as a planeswalker. Example: Narset.
>3: Planeswalkers that both understand what they are and possess a moderate amount of magical ability. Example: Tibalt.
>4: Experienced planeswalkers that understand the nature of the Multiverse and have significant magical ability. Example: Any Gatewatcher.
>5: The pinnacle of a 'normal' planeswalker. A combination of experience and power without any other unfair advantage. Example: Elspeth, Ajani.
>6: This is the realm of enhanced planeswalkers that have been granted unnatural power. Example: Cursed Garruk.
>7: This is the domain of truly ancient planeswalkers that have experienced and learned much from the Multiverse. Example: Nahiri, Sorin.
>8: Planeswalkers that possess an impossibly massive natural advantage, putting them above most other planeswalkers. Example: Karn, Ugin.
>9: Massive natural advantages coupled with supernatural advantages and a great deal of resources and minions at their disposal. Example: Nicol Bolas.
>10: Planeswalkers in the possession of plot devices that assure them victory. Example: Veil Liliana, Maelstrom Ajani, the Gatewatch working together, etc.
>11 and above: Planeswalkers before the Mending.

Liliana definitely does not rival Bolas. We know this because Bolas helped her obtain the Chain Veil, which he would not have done had it made her his rival.

Using this second scale.

>War Gaia
8 or 9
>Normal Gaia
Dead. But otherwise 11
>Belagir
>Hooter
>Spooder
5 or 4
>Myxxzzikt
>Razorcock

Others
>Murdock
>Serena
>Narimi
7 or 8
>Dyna
>Messenger
By itself, 2 or 3. With its grey goo powers activated, 10.

Damian is probably a 6, but it gives him a very short life expectancy. Iskra is about a 2-3, while Marlis is probably a 4 or 5.

On this scale, Ka'koarm is a 6, an enhanced walker with, by design, unnatural power, but might be possible to push 7 if something triggers his Ka'utism enough.

Using this scale:

>Remes

>Cala
She's got enough knowledge and potential to be a 4, but can't focus and only really uses enough power to be a 3.

>Jakrol
3.5, because he's still BR Sacrifice, which gives him a bit of a power edge.

>Winifred

>Wyston

I assume that reading Bavara's story wiped your memory clean of it - truly I must learn to harness my power more responsibly.

This is why I'm the backup OP, I'm shit at it.

It's okay

And I am the back-up back-up OP.

For when there is literally no one who OPs the thread and it's about to die in the middle of the night~

>gaia, dead
>spider mom, dead
>owl mom, probably dead next story
Why do your flakes keep getting rekt?

Would I kill Owl Mom like that? I mean, it was Gaia's idea so don't blame me.

And don't forget, Belagir gets wiped from existence in flakepoint.

3 reasons: plot, muh drama, and I believe in character arcs having definitive endings.

Character arcs can have definitive endings that aren't death, to be fair.

True. But plot and muh drama.

Spider mom's death felt appropriate to her character. Gaia should really not continue without her plane (except war Gaia. And she doesn't continue past flakepoint). And even in her old ending, she went back to Arda and willed her spirit into the afterlife. HHaving a domain walker around post-Mending is icky and wrong. Belagir's ending depends on the outcome of Flakepoint. His story isn't over.

Wait, what Arc did Spider mom even have?

Muh drama though.

Don't worry about Owl Mom too much, she's just going to suffer a lot. Fire hurts, swords on fire hurt more.

Black mana is all about the easiest path to power right? So would someone who just makes deals with demons and other cast from life forces spells because they're too lazy to do things the proper way, but still does good things, be black?

Black can do anything, but the cost is higher.

Yeah, that's literally what Liliana is right now.

>dat file name
9/10, well memed

>Liliana
>doing good things
It doesn't count as doing good things if you're just covering your own ass.

Killing demons is always good.
Besides, she did send an entire zombie apocalypse to help reinforce the humans and vampires at Thraben and joined the Jaestice Friends.

It still is kinda weird to me that Emrakul is stymied by throwing a lot of zombies at it while the last zombie apocalypse that tried to take on the humans of Innistrad got rekt by a single match.

>Killing demons is always good.
youtube.com/watch?v=_q2htBs_enA

I'm imagining the wave of zombies just slows down all of Emrakul's little spawn horror things and now Emrakul has to clear them out of the street before going down that path or something.
Plus Geralf made all his shit flammable.

Perfect comeback. I love that video.

youtube.com/watch?v=tFUvmZWf4hI

We need a topic, I'm bad at this shit so.... someone else do it.

Otherwise someone tell me why the fuck I'm still awake at 5am.

Umm. Anyone have any ideas for a mono-black flake? I've decided to make a new one from scratch and there are a lot of directions to go.

I actually have a question about your angel!jace.
What snowflakes has she met? Is she just fucking pissed right now or is she also going mad on Innistrad?

Since Gaia is basically Rick
a new story called Gaia & Belagir.

She has met uh.... Owl Mom, Venn, Murdock, The Cathar, Revas, Leon, Samnel, Igan. Wow, that's a lot of flakes, she's also met a few in non-canon stories.

She is FUCKING PISSED but she also sometimes goes a bit mad too, basically if her mental state becomes too unstable then Me'merakul gets in and starts memeing up her brain. Best seen in the recent edgy adventure when she met Murdock again and got so mad that Emrakul almost made her kill Revas. Fun times.

Ah, ok. That explains it. I was thinking that but just wanted to make sure.
Which ones are non-canon. It's akk the smut ones, isn't it?

*all

Yeah, the smut ones.

As heartwarming as it would be if Laurela magically willed herself into existence, it would also be very silly. So yes, I consider all of my stories that involve other people's flakes non-canon by default unless the other person says otherwise.

Lazy mage who makes deals with demons for power over being an evil prick.

Shape shifting wizard who was raised by [animal of choice] and doesnt realize it's really a human or whatever

Battle mage devoted glorious war against rival tribe

Autistic architect who wants to put everything and everyone in order

Insane artist who pushes the limit of sanity and reason.

The first one's black, but the others...

>Green
>White/Red
>White/Blue
>Red