How to kill tarrasque?

In modern settings, By using only what you and 3 other fags can carry.
>how would you kill a tarrasque?

Said tarrasque has No plot armor, the trick is to kill it before it burrows but note its takes some time to dig - specially if it is issing a limb or something. It has no earthbind aura but can take the super leaps.

Other urls found in this thread:

d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tarrasque.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A bomb, some bait and patience.

We hit it with a Davy Crockett. Or call an airstrike. Or artillery barrage. I mean, I can carry a radio. Don't have to carry a howitzer.

Then we just keep hitting it with sticks while we suffocate it so it won't regen.

>using only what you and 3 other fags can carry

Well then, let's nuke it! Just, everyone remember to bring your HazMat-suits.

I knew you /k/ucks wouldn't disappoint.

>Then we just keep hitting it with sticks while we suffocate it so it won't regen.

you cheeky powergamer you

tranquilizers and rope

I am with this guy. The things insane DR means shit like radiaton and bombs won't work properly.

I managed to kill a tarrasque in a game where its absolute immortality was forgotten about by causing it to bleed out.

I don't get why no one suggests just dropping it in the ocean. Or plane-shifting it into the plane of fire or acid or honestly fucking any other plane where it will take constant damage.

Fuck you, now I'm trying to figure out the recommended dosage of tranquiliser for a tarrasque. We seem to be looking at a dosage between 23400 and 254800 mg (aparrently, dosage per weight varies A LOT depending on what kind of animal it is).

Wait until it falls asleep then use a bunch of magical floating platforms to send it into the sun. It's strong, but it can't escape a star's gravitational pull.

Ram it with a battlecruiser from orbit.

Because it wouldn't kill it.

>modern settings has magic

>Because it wouldn't kill it.
But you wouldn't have to fucking deal with it, either.

>Gm I know goes fucking ballistic at even the mention of defeating these things
>goes on how it should take entire civilizations to do so
>In a game where a group of 5 fags with some high powered magic can literally recreate the world
>finds the idea to be impossible and refused to hear other wise calling al legit methods power gaming or min maxing
He's a good gm but I sware he's awful at letting players no feel insignificant

Your mission is to kill, not imprision, you failed stop whinning.

Man the fuck up and Say that his tarrasque waifu is shit and that the artifacts you have would easily kill and that he is a faggot

>I am with this guy. The things insane DR means shit like radiaton and bombs won't work properly.
Stick of dynamite is like 1d6 damage. A 500 ton bomb will do enough damage to level the thing with ease. Any modern artillery weapon will.

Do the math to show how many civilisations would be needed to take out a high level adventuring party. Show it to him.

Then the person who gave the mission is an idiot because they ordered 'kill' instead of 'end the threat'.

Most modern "suitcase" size weapons would rape the shit out of the Tarrasque.

3 humans can carry enough weaponry that could kill a dozen Tarrasques.

Even more if self preservation isn't a priority.

It would heal itself overtime. A bomb big enough to kill it would wipe out half a planet.

Look on the high end.

Artist?

>stick of dynamite is 1d6 damage
That's less than some fucking hand to hand weapons. Dynamite is really fucking destructive.

>how would you kill a tarrasque?
Punch it really hard

Spot the /k/ autist.

It's basically a big magic Godzilla.

>That's less than some fucking hand to hand weapons. Dynamite is really fucking destructive.
It's a blast weapon that ignore hitting. Also TNT is shit without shrapnel. Hand grenade does 4d6 for a reason

>That's less than some fucking hand to hand weapons. Dynamite is really fucking destructive.

I'm assuming that unlike hand weapons you cannot avoid it if you are in its AoE and it deals that damage to everything within the AoE.

Still not as damaging as it should be, but "balance"

That makes little sense, it should at most be a buff of 1d6 with like, double range.

One Medium Atomic Demolition Munition per person for a total explosive yield of 60 kilotons TNT equivalent placed perfectly square around it, so the shockwaves interface nicely.

l1zardman

Thank you very much

A Mark 82 bomb produces 863 MJ of energy. A ton of TNT produces 4.184 GJ. That means about 200kg of TNT or 440lbs of TNT. A stick of TNT is half a pound and does 1d6 damage.

So 880 sticks of TNT damage equivalent, or 880d6 which average just a bit over 2800 damage on average.

With a DR of 15, that enough to kill it about 4 times over.

It's in a modern environment.

OP even said no lolplotarmor so yes, modern explosives like backpack nukes could easily do it.

I just took a good look at it.
It's immuneto fire, acid, death, permanent damage, and then some.
Even if you do kill it it dose have a special ability to come back in 3 turns and continue its regeneration.
That only way that could possibly work is lure it onto a spaceship (rather huge one) and launch it into space where it can live alone in peace.

ITT:

Dynamite is apparently 1d6.

A suitcase bomb has more than a 6 kiloton tnt explosion.

You do the math.

Can we do a harder monster next time? This is babby level.

Give it negative levels and drain its stats until it literally can't do anything. Done.

How big is this thing? How good is its regen? Deadpool good? Lobo good? Can it really survive being blown to itty bitty bits? More over, can it regen the internal bleeding? Remember, he's swallowing the bomb so it's hitting the squishy bits.

It can't really die without some divine interference. It is a primal force of destruction that tears a swath through the surface until it gets tired of it.

I'd look at the high end then triple is, honestly given the tarrasque's innate regen and it's high physical saves and it's immunity to most magical things you might end up in the slightly weird situation where you'll need 1lb of tranq for every pound of tarrasque, per round, probably injected into it from all sides via some sort of immense Iron Maiden type device that completely encases the tarrasque.

Compared to that, simply nuking the ground beneath it until it falls into the earth's mantle would be simply, or even just nuking the ground with mines until there's a pit too deep for it to climb out of.

It's gonna take more than 3 people to carry 6000d6s.

My response to a terrasque in a modern setting would be sabot antitank rounds, the shaped explosives would propel molten copper through it's natural hide armor - molten copper would cook it's flesh and render many of it's muscles powerless. throw enough of those at anything living and it WILL die.

If I need to do it in some economically sound fashion I would probably go with napalm. it's carapace reflects rays however, and resists heat - that being the case, you would have to remove it in some way first. in that very few of the attacks in D&D have more than 50 HD (Which good shaped charges would)

So you're going to need shaped charges no matter what. Making those at home is tricky - you're going to want to use TaTp if you don't know how to make it safely, I'm not telling you how. good shaped charge blow a hole in the carapace for you to burn the tarrasque's flesh.

>It's gonna take more than 3 people to carry 6000d6s.

Not really. If I was loaded for bear I could probably carry that. It would be awkward as hell to move around with, but we all could probably do it.

By using the German railgun. That ought to shut the dribbling cunt up.

It's immune to most those planes.
It's immune to bleed
It's immune to poison.
That won't kill it.
Do you have any suggestions on how to kill it?
It's immune to fire, permanent damage and more. Even then it will regenerate all that. Hell it might just start up reflect it.
It would be immune, reflect or regenerate anything I can think of.
It would come back in 3 days and start regenerateing again.
It's immune to that
It's big and immune to blleed.

>It's immune to that

>immune to kinetic bashing damage produced by a nuclear explosion

No, you fucking idiot, it is not.

>Modern.
Got lotsa answers.
>Modern with a stretch.

Pokeballs.

So Lobo tier regen. So no killing this thing within the restraints of the OP. Great.

Congratulations, you managed to reply to ten posts without actually reading them.

>Kill this invincible thing with plot armorX5
>But it only has plot armorX4
Yeah. Kinda like saying "Kill One Punch Man with conventional firearms".

That's not how it works.

One (1) of these 6 kiloton badboys weighs between 45-60 kilo.

Suicide "drama" mission ? Carry a couple of them each.

it would regenerate that damage. it is immune to permanent damage.

I only need four items.
>Suitcase bomb
>Heavy duty drone
>Duct tape
>Wish ring

congratulations you managed to meme in a Veeky Forums thread without reading up on the monster discussed.

Get some specialized ammunition that will react with its blood to crystalize. Ensure that the substance is entirely eco-friendly and bio-degradable so that it cannot be declared a poison or toxin of any sort. Have it mechanically function in game as a reduction of movement speed on account of a gradual impairment of motion.

Alternatively, copious ammounts of quick-drying foam projectors to likewise lock it up externally. It's strong so you'll need Dark Souls sorts of avoiding damage for a few rounds but likewise just sealing it up so that it can't move should suffice long enough to consider alternatives like loading it onto trucks and spacecraft or additional "lock away for a century" considerations until people stop laughing and build a space elevator.

>it has to regenerate from -xxxxxxxxxx damage

>if it does they will just do it again

>it won't be suffering constant damage as they take samples and experiment on a permanently and infinitely regenerating corpse

Nah, nigguh. u dum.

explain your plan.

It has a very specific list of defenses and protections. OP is looking for ways to bypass all of them. None of them are plot, it's just "most things in the game."

d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tarrasque.htm

Immune ability damage, ability drain, acid, bleed, disease, energy drain, fire, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, permanent wounds, petrification, poison, polymorph;

its immune to pertification and paralysis.

Tie suitcase bomb to heavy duty drone with duct tape. Direct drone to tarresque at a "safe" distance and activate the bomb (6,000d6 damage AoE). Wish the tarresque stays dead (which is legitimately the only way to kill it).

What about covering it in rapidly expanding nigh-indestructible foam that's porous enough to let breath?

The tarrasque's scales deflect cones, lines, rays, and magic missile spells, rendering the tarrasque immune to such effects. There is a 30% chance a deflected effect reflects back in full force at the caster; otherwise it is simply negated
its immune to your AOE.

ITS IMMUNE TO ALL YOUR EXPLOSIONS

Alright so we all unanimously agree that a couple of "suitcase" nuclear bombs would kill it.

Let's make it a more creative so we won't kill this fantasy monster too easily.

How about designer viruses that damage it enough to keep it permanently "regenerating" ?

it would break out.

your bombs wouldnt work. it would come back within seconds.

If the tarrasque fails a save against an effect that would kill it instantly, it rises from death 3 rounds later

its also immune to disease.

Foam that requires a DC 70 strength check to escape?

An explosion is a sphere unless it's a shaped charge. It's immune to HEAT but not HE.

But an explosion isn't a line, cone, ray, or magic missile attack.

>no plot armor
>immune to everything without a real reason

If the tarrasque fails a save against an effect that would kill it instantly, it rises from death 3 rounds later

what kinda shit you useing on it? DM PLOT FOAM? that might work. but it should be able to damage its way through that

By "the rules" a literal handful of dynamite does D6.

By "the rules" enough D6's will pacify it almost indefinitely.

Put a small nuke next to it.

Go ahead and roll 6-10 kiloton of TNT damage. All D6.

That is actually not certain. It is strong, but special materials can easily raise the break DC out of its reach, and alchemical/technological means are certainly viable to do so.

It has strength 30 on the pic here which would be a +10 modifier to strength checks. That's not actually a very difficult thing to surpass, and no statblock for the beast grants it a guaranteed way to break through things nor freedom of movement.

Does it have any means other than Strength alone? Because that won't cut it.

>Implying wish rings aren't available in a modern setting.
Also, if the tarresque gets to be immune to everything I get to make a foam where it is comparable to steel. Believe it or not it's harder to break out of being encased in steel than making a DC 70 strength check, especially if you're suffocating the entire time.

THE BOMB DOESN'T KILL IT.

THE KINETIC DAMAGE BASHES IT INTO SUBMISSION.

Do you even D&D ?

>If the tarrasque fails a save against an effect that would kill it instantly, it rises from death 3 rounds later

Boo fucking who, call literally any CAS plane and have it dust the fucking thing with automatic cannons. Not instant death, and it would fucking melt the thing.

>Said tarrasque has No plot armor

A fucking tarrasque's existence is fucking plot armor.

Its heat and bludgeoning damage. In the pic here it says that it is immune to fire, which includes all heat based damage, and bludgeoning from non magical weapons, which would include all modern weapons including bombs of all sorts.

So what would happen is that the bombs would go off, big ol mushroom cloud, then when the dust clears, it would still be standing there completely fine.

READ THE FUCKING MANUAL

Just enchant the bomb. Boom, done.

>non magical weapons

Since this is reality, that would fall under the "no plot armor" section in the OP, because otherwise it is literally invulnerable. Go choke on a knife.

Okay. Briefcase bomb WITH FAIRY DUST

And how are you doing that in a modern setting?

See OPs question is a trick question as it's impossible. The creature itself would collapse from its own weight and die without its magical powers and without magic we can't kill it.

Gather resources and material necessary to sic Allips on him until he's catatonic. Or does that not work in this edition?

That's your defense?

K. I put a lucky horse-shoe on the bomb and ask a ordained priest to sprinkle some holy water on it.

The thread is just massive bait.

IT DOESN'T FUCKING DIE IN A MODERN SETTING

Stop by the church on the way. Blessings can grant enhancement bonuses to qualify.

For example, there's Riverine, a liquid substance from Stormwrack (3.5 edition) which would be great for a basis of such a substance. Armor that uses it gets its bonus split half as actual armor and half as Deflection, while walls of it are essentially walls of force which, as the Tauresque doesn't have any Disintegration effects at its disposal, would not only be beyond its strength to break, but beyond any creature's strength to break unless they first take levels in an Epic Level Prestige Class (minimum prerequisites above 21st ECL) allowing them even a Chance to break through with strength.

>But Pathfinder's Wall of Force is just an HP wall.

Too bad OP pointed stats and features that only exist in D&D, and the source of the material is likewise good ole caster edition.

So yeah, hypothetical solution of foam is viable.

>Stop by the church on the way. Blessings can grant enhancement bonuses to qualify.
Perfect.

If you want to play the semantics game, that "modern setting" can encapsulate several things. The first is a setting with a world like our own (what I presume you're talking about), a setting with a similar timeframe but with other factors (like Shadowrun, which is "modern" chronologically but includes magical factors), and any setting created in the modern era. You're being shortsighted in assuming "modernity" means just out world.

Suitcase bomb with some grinded rhino-horn sprinkled on it.

Boom. We did it boys.

How about now?

I never understood, is that a spike or a stinger for a tail?

Any other challenges, or is HUMANITY JUST SO FUCKING AWESOME ?

This was too easy.

That's just it tapering off.

Well where did all the spikes goo? And the shape of it towards the end looks like it's either segmented or was cut off and regrown.

It got tilted counter-clockwise for that shop, the tail is at a different angle because it was closer to the ground and dragging a bit in the 3.5 monster manual.

A quick check on its statline shoes that it has a tail SLAP but not a stab/slash or listed slashing or piercing effect with it, so with bludgeoning I'd figure its just a tail.

The spikes are part of its carapace, see how the carapace only really covers its back?

Institute a Tarrasque free zone and watch him literally disintegrate when he tries to enter.

It really depends on what exactly the difference is between magical and non-magical weapons. It it's something as simple as magic shit is just sharper/better/hits harder then modern weapons might count as magic, but if not it's probably outright immune to modern weapons

I suppose you could just have a warlock bond with a bomb in any case which is really funny to imagine

This.
Also why every fagot told about hur dur in ignore that damage!
OP clear say he dont have pkot armor.

There's a difference between plot armor and things it's actually flat-out said to be immune to.

Its not.
Only plot armor save this bitch to be burned to ashes and killed forever

We have holy water in our world too.

Add in "official support" from the Vatican in the creation of the bomb. Some incense and rituals.

Holy water + Suitcase nuke.

There. Done. Humanity is saved again.