Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Spheres of Power blasting + DSP feats edition, get your min-maxing autism on, try to beat 2hu

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aJOovInlk-w
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?409134-Dreamscarred-Press-Presents-Akashic-Mysteries-Thread-2
paizo.com/threads/rzs2tnd8?Pathfinder-Society-for-3PP-OGL#38
giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20844227&postcount=657
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I still want to play a sorcerer with elemental savant and that disciple of kord class to fight fire with fire and make sure nothing resists it!

/pfg/, What should I gestalt with Aberrant Aegis to add some versatility? I was considering Synapse Symbiat for the flavor and teleporting, but I'd like a second opinion.

Hey, /pfg/! How's Saturday treating you?

hhow do i spiritualist?

megumin is cute.

Pretty alright, kinda underwhelmed at the session we had this week though.

Lightweight searching for another weekend game so I got something to do.

Just got basically no-save killed in a game in the first hour, and now I've got nothing to do today at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=aJOovInlk-w

Come all you autist men
Listen to me
I'll sing you a song of the 'shit Mysteries

And its SHITTY WRITING, boys
NO PLAYTESTING, boys
When it uploads
We'll bantz together, boys

Blow ye Gareth's cock, boys
Blow ye dicks, BLOW
Thick-headed Ssalarn, boys, publish he goes!

I've had like four or five drinks so far and intend to get yet another! (It'll be the last, I'm out of soda after this!)

So what, are you a fan of Incarnum that got all butthurt over Akasha?

Wait why the fuck are you molesting me?

Pretty sure even Gareth knows akasha sucks at this point.

It's not molestation if you, at any point, enjoy it.

Pretty nice. A game I've waited for over a month finally started and it's been neat.
Except one enemy tried to throw my coffin into lava. What a meanie. I had to timestop to save my coffin.

>Blow ye Gareth's cock, boys
>Blow ye dicks, BLOW
These two lines clearly refer to how /pfg/ blows Gareth's dick, not how Ssalarn blows Gareth's dick.

It's pretty alright, I'm just contemplating the nature of the Dungeon Crasher Fighter. That thing just seems a bit crazy to me, at level 6 you can basically do the same amount of damage a ~15th level Fighter could do in a full round as a standard action. But at the same time it has the limitations of 3.5 combat maneuvers, Bull Rush's weaknesses, and the limited use of being either in a narrow room or some place with obstacles, so it swings wildly between fucking useless and holy shit strong.

To be fair, incarnum was also balls.

I think it's fundamentally flawed for several reasons, though I absolutely love the fluff and the idea.

The main thing is that you get jack shit but small scaling bonuses for directing power around. Veils should get additional abilities based on how much juice is invested, not the soulbinds. Inversely, that's also an annoying shitpile of work.

Because Akashic is a fucking awful book and you should all feel bad for it.

Hey, you know what gives you additional abilities based on how much juice you invest?

Occultist.

Occultist best veilweiver.

Paizo did a job better than DSP.

Eww.

Why is anyone on my dick? I feel like I need an adult. An adultier adult.

I have my disagreements with it but it ain't /that/ bad. Just... annoyingly idiosyncratic.

Gareth, it's a system that takes an excessive amount of effort to make it acquire basic functionality. It is, and this is honestly relatively uncommon in PF, actually difficult to get into.

The DCs on abilities scale oddly and poorly, the abilities themselves range from worthless to incredibly gamebreaking, and there's seemingly no real intent to the balance levels of things.

It's filled with decisions that seem just random and arbitrary, and it overall comes across as a very poorly done, amateur attempt to port an older system that, while not all that amazing in it's execution, was cool. And it damn well deserved better than to be butchered by Sslarn.

>Ssalarn will also butcher truenaming/Tzocatl

Just kill me now.

Akasha is significantly better than that horse shit you guys call Path of War.

Looking forward to it outselling both the Path of War books once it finally gets released.

Glad other publishers started hiring Ssalarn. DSP is a shit company now.

DSP turning into shit is why we got that blatant knock off full of disrespect from Owen and Fox man.

Nobody in the industry respects DSP anymore.

I'll buy that, sadly.

Incarnum is also a bit fucky for what it wants to be mechanically. Mostly it works out to fucking with minor ass bonuses and being able to halt the game for at least half an hour while you pick your melds again, with an overall theme of being "The guy based around saving a little money on convenience items by making his own out of not-magic" and doesn't even have the green lantern flexibility that would imply.

I'd like to see "The Guy that can route all power to a specific thing to overcharge it awesomely" or "The Guy that makes stuff out of ghosts he meets in an awesome ghosty partnership" or even "The guy that green-lanterns primal magic into equipment whenever he feels like it, but doesn't delve into higher spellcraft that much".

Hell, I'd take "The guy that uses an innate magic pool to make whatever random magic items he's got super better temporarily."

I'll also say that the synthesist summoner outdoes the totemist at everything the totemist tried to do.

>being able to halt the game for at least half an hour while you pick your melds again,

Confirmed for never actually playing a veilweaver. By the time we reached level 9 I shifted all my shit in less than 15 seconds.

Of course a lot of that had to do with actually paying attention during combat and planning out my turn before initiative reached me. Either way my turn was always shorter than the Gunsmoke Mystic's.

As much as you're right, those guys the animefag replied to are just bait.

DSP's been going the Paizo-route for a while now. Ignoring parts of playtest feedback, taking bad advice with no real reason, and allowing bad writers to stick around. Akashic is the biggest example of it, with Tzocatl only being lower due to it being so fucking god-awful that nobody even knows about it. PoW:E Temptest Gale/Piercing Thunder were lackluster at best despite a lot of feedback, Scarlet Throne Style is still crap, Steelforge hasn't been properly updated with feedback or any material in way too long. The entire way that Gareth's been trying to handle the Blinkling shit is just embarassing, and he should know well enough by now to not respond, but he keeps doing it.

The fact that there're shitposters like Touhou and Buildposter that get associated with DSP, and in Touhou's case give it a bad name by slathering their autism all over it and making people percieve it as overpowered due to entirely unintended mechanics from multiple publishers are also not helping. But that isn't going to stop any time soon.

At least Forrest had the sense to get out of the IRC before she got dragged down with the rest of them. Lets hope for the sake of the company that the others do too, because I gurantee that it won't be long before more shit gets stirred up now.

Played a totemist, waaay back in the day, actually.
And, sadly, with an incarnate who had to agonise over every little thing and treated minor incarnum allotment with all the care and attention reserved for bomb defusing. The game lasted both a very short time, and entirely too long.

Tired of barracks life, only 3 more months.

Nobody here wants to play PnP, it's all working out and drinking.

Akasha is a lot more streamlined than Incarnum, thank god.

> "Handle"
There is no handling it, there is only bemoaning my fate.

As for the rest, feels a touch dramatic, user. Steelforge is in line behind the errata and it's project lead redeploying to another continent. Folks wanted something out of Tempest Gale that isn't in our power to give them. What is it you want from us? We're as responsive and active as our lives allow.

I haven't read akasha, but that's like saying this pile of smells slightly less shitty than this robot covered dr/3 pile of dog shite.

Maybe an ounce of professionalism and respect?

So /pfg/, I want to try playing something new and fresh. What would you suggest for a 1pp marital character?

>The entire way that Gareth's been trying to handle the Blinkling shit is just embarassing, and he should know well enough by now to not respond, but he keeps doing it.
Why would he ever stop responding to it? That would stop making him the center of attention here in /dspfg/. The more time we spend defending Gareth from bullies, the less time we spend thinking about the points you made about the diminishing quality of DSP's offerings.

...Do you honestly expect professionalism and respect on this, a siamese monkey-flaying site?

Well here's the playtest docs
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?409134-Dreamscarred-Press-Presents-Akashic-Mysteries-Thread-2

The final version will have changes compared to the playtest docs from what I understand.

Have fun man.

A Marital Master Monk.

(you)

(you)

Quit samefagging.

>Nobody in the industry respects DSP anymore.

[citation needed]

Honestly curious. Owen and Foxman with their knockoff is a Paizo-taking-potshots thing, not a 3pp thing. As far as I know, lots of the industry is fine with DSP?

I respect DSP, though I don't respect some of its writers. Personally I'd say that the more recent material is much better than it used to be. Ultimate Psionics was okay, Path of War was shit, PoW E is fun but has problems, but their Occult stuff is great.

What is the problem with Tempest Gale?

What's wrong with Scarlet Throne Style?

Steelforge got a part 1 release a few weeks ago, I believe.

What Blinkling shit? That they exist as a result of "race 1 fucks race 2 and gives birth to race 3"?

Professionalism would be nice, yes. DSP's got like three people who post with an ounce of professionalism. You are not one of them.

>blinkling shit
The fact that Gareth engages with the "blinklings are shota dogboys" shitposters means they'll keep doing it because he gives them attention. If he stops going "oh no woe is my life" every time, they'll go away.

More about the way he harassed other publishers on facebook like an autist or how he's constantly being a shit piece on Paizo boards whenever he's not in the playtest threads.

paizo.com/threads/rzs2tnd8?Pathfinder-Society-for-3PP-OGL#38

... What is it you think you're getting now?

D'ya think we'd spend our time here if we didn't respect you? Engage with your feedback? Ask for your advice? Invite others from the 3pp scene? /Pfg/ is more helpful and insightful inside of an hour than any of our other communities pull off in a month. The honesty and expertise available here is invaluable.

If I, or we, have been more honest and emotional in turn, it's because we've felt invited to be. I've enjoyed the chance to engage like that. I'd rather thought user did too.

Oh. Well it's probably best to ignore all the sexual shitposters, to be honest.

Then again, OTHER people will be bitching about him ignoring people who want to talk about that stuff?

It's the internet, you can never win.

.......THAT reads as disrepectful and unprofessional to you? What do you want, a simpering yesman?

I know some people. Industry opinion, 3pp and Paizo, is that working for DSP is a scarlet letter.

>complaining about someone being a shitpiece
>linking a reasonable post commenting on how utterly shit a "PFS" for 3pp with a business model built on blackmailing 3pp publishers is

user... There's much better posts by Gareth to link

> /Pfg/ is more helpful and insightful inside of an hour than any of our other communities pull off in a month.

If you honestly believe that then there is no saving DSP

Interesting. I've tried to submit my own stuff to them before. Why is that? Is it associating with Veeky Forums in the past year?

Triggered much? If that's 'being a shit piece' I'd hate to see what you think of posters like Sir Giacomo.

Well, presumably they sort through the high volume of bullshit to find things they missed.

[citation needed]

lol

>paizo.com/threads/rzs2tnd8?Pathfinder-Society-for-3PP-OGL#38

Veeky Forums is a good part of it yes. About 60% of it.

Yeah like I'm gonna name my source and get them harassed by a bunch of fa/tg/uys.

Tempest Gale is just kinda lackluster and doesn't do much that's all that useful. Solar Wind at least is kinda alrightish, and TG just loses out to Elemental Flux hard.

Scarlet Throne Style tries to solve 1hing by just making it 2hing, but doesn't even do it properly.

Steelforge 1 got a release, and was decent. The rest of it has been ignored for months, despite a ton of feedback.

The Blinkling shit that Gareth continues to reply to for no reason at all, which just perpetuates that tripfags are attention-whores and gives his company a bad name. And as the dude who's literal job is to be the public face, that's kind of a bad thing.

You could, y'know, not reply. That's fairly easy to do.

As for Tempest Gale, yes, you could indeed do what people wanted, because you are literally the people producing the content. You have consumers/fans that expect, and are owed, given the support that you've been given, a certain level of quality and effort. You guys have been starting to consistently drop the ball on that, and I'm saying this as one of the people who basically idolized you guys.

You WERE the shining beacon of good, reasonably balanced, enjoyable 3pp content that had good public relations and everything. Were. Not are.

You ARE, now, the company that took it's good reputation and used it as an excuse to just not try on further products. You let an absolutely awful writer outright kill three entire projects, despite months and months of negative feedback to him. You've responded to blatant bait and shitposting repeatedly. You've taken the bait and actually talked to Buildposter. You've talked to people like DTG and allowed them to make actual product decisions, despite being nothing more than uneducated shitposters from britbongland.

Like, there's still a chance for shit to turn around. I'm probably not 100% correct on things, because I am admittedly in a somewhat shit state, but you guys HAVE had a drop in quality.

>paizo.com/threads/rzs2tnd8?Pathfinder-Society-for-3PP-OGL#38

You keep linking this. Are you the person who wanted to control a 3pp PFS?

Because looking like an obvious liar and shitstirrer who throws a giant hissy fit anytime DSP is brought up is any better, right?

>Yeah like I'm gonna name my source and get them harassed by a bunch of fa/tg/uys.
Does his name rhyme with Narc Rattle?

Still wondering.

>As for Tempest Gale, yes, you could indeed do what people wanted, because you are literally the people producing the content.

I agree with all of this except that. You really expected them to make a discipline that did ranged better than full attacking with bows? Really?

>Yeah like I'm gonna name my source and get them harassed by a bunch of fa/tg/uys.
So you're pulling bullshit out of your ass, got it.

So, basically, it's because they're a bunch of bigots? If you're not pulling shit straight out of your ass, which you probably are. Works of falsehood, etc.

No, I didn't. I expected them to make something that had options that were both thematically interesting, and mechanically worthwhile. As it currently stands, the utility that it gets is lackluster and ineffectual, and doesn't do much of real consequence. It's vaguely interesting, but interesting doesn't make it worthwhile.

That hasn't been my experience with it. Oh well. They can't all be winners.

Guys, if we keep shit posting, maybe we'll drive DSP away! Then we can just suck paizo dick in this thread!

I'm not gonna do the Gale discussion from my phone; we can open that back up when I get home, if you like.

Akasha is what it is at this point. Truenaming... it's up in the air right now. Ssalarn took Arcforge with him when we separated. I won't say we don't have problems or haven't made mistakes but we've also been learning from them and trying to correct them. I know it's frustrating to hear that circumstances or logistics constrain that, but they do. And I'm sorry about that.

I accidentally linked that again, woops.

There's a reason Deep Throat never named himself until 2005..

why cant we just suck both of their dicks?

Only got one mouth user.

>Akasha is what it is
But it isn't.
It is literally as simple as killing it. That would be legitimately better, both to the product itself and to the company, than releasing that absolute fucking turd. You are GOING to get bombed on EZG's shit, man. I 100% gurantee it.

Gareth, listen to . You're saying "Well, I got this gun, but there's nobody else around, so I guess I'll shoot myself in the foot now." No. Just put the gun down.

It's been released. The final release of it is just compiling all the rest. It's also been part of a multi-year process and probably tons of money, maybe a contract or two.

What makes you think killing a monster like that is simple?

I think Tempest Gale does pretty well to do what it does. Sure, combat maneuvers aren't always the best, but at least it's rather easy to pull them off with Sleight of Hand.

My main issue with it is that Tempest Gale Style doesn't count as Combat Expertise/Power Attack for the purpose of taking combat maneuver-improving feats...

Scarlet Throne Style alone isn't all -too- great, but I feel it does what it does rather well, which is basically yank the riposte & parry from the swashbuckler. Plus the extra 0.5 from strength isn't really all -that- much, anyways, especially since oftentimes people will go dex with 1H.

I don't have much of an opinion on the rest, since I haven't tried one-handing or anything.

With the amount of compensating going on I'm betting one mouth is big enough.

And yet plenty of people use Akasha and it's been generally well-recieved in places that aren't here and making them money, no?

Considering EZG gave all the releases a 4/5 and essentially felated them saying they'd get 5/5 if it cleaned up a few things that he listed, that's doubtful.

Akasha is gonna get a 5/5 and will likely sell very well to the large number of 3pp users that apply Ezg as their only metric of whether to buy something.

So, in an attempt to get the thread back onto a lighter note. Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about what class you'd choose if you were forced to play that class for every character you make henceforward.

Honestly? Wizard. It's a class that's versatile enough to play lots of things of many power levels especially since my group plays 3.p

Aegis.

Alchemist, easy.

fuck real spells

Did Ssalarn take Arcforge or did Jeremy dump it and he picked it up on the way out?
giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20844227&postcount=657

>Unfortunately, DSP has reached a point where some grooming and restructuring really need to happen. As a result, Arcforge will be getting cut from DSP's release schedule

seems to imply that Arcforge was cut and dropped.

Alchemist and a lot of refluffing. It already does damn near everything anyway.

Truly and honestly? Kineticist if 3rd-party is allowed, Unchained Rogue otherwise.

Spheres Royal, if "homebrew" arches are allowed.

Incanter, if not.

Hedgewitch.

Since they steal shit from like half the classes anyway.

Maybe Vizier or Mystic (Amora Game, not DSP)

Wizard.
I want to hit level 20, become an unstoppable demi-god, then go around and help out level 1 adventurers to get them started on their adventures.

Plus I could be hella cute.

Sslaran's been working on it since day 1, I believe, though other writers may have been part of it.

The issue with Arcforge far as I can tell, is that DSP has a ton of writers and projects, but not enough people to do the nitty-gritty of actually making an aesthetically pleasing PDF that they can release.

Also, arcforge being shit. SHIT

The fate of various projects was negotiated. Ssalarn is confident enough to want to continue with Arcforge, which IIRC he's doing? Either way, the separation has been amicable.

This. On top of that, it's, essentially, promised.

Either Aegis or Sorcerer

Just stop posting, man. You're probably digging yourself deeper. Do your bosses know you're posting company secrets?

Aegis.

And going to make more money than any Path of war Product.

I think Sorcerer or perhaps Incanter. Both can be very build-a-specialist which means I could make characters with very different skillsets, strengths, and weaknesses on the same chassis. The only issue in my book would be the lack of skill points except on an INT-canter or that one Sorc archetype.

Said "company secrets" have already been shown in the open in various playtest threads.