/swg/- Old Farts Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/OHGaF
starwars.com/news/join-the-rebellion
game2.ca/eote/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for blueberry babes.

Thrawn hype

>not-surrounded-by-art/10

>Plus the Ghost has to be enormous I'm pretty sure the S3 trailer shows it buddy carrying a YT-2400 under it.
Eh, its not THAT much bigger than the Falcon, the -2400 is just kinda on the smaller side of YTs

He was going to show up Soontir or later...

It's at least 10% bigger than than the Falcon (or any other 1300), man. Maybe 12%.

The Falcon is Bigger on the Inside (tm)

The Ghost isn't

Here's an Imperial Gozanti for reference. You know, the ship with enough room and board for a full squad of Stormtroopers, four TIE Pilots and other assorted crew.

Somebody posted Armada's Correllian Conflict picture shown at the panel yesterday.

imgur.com/a/OHGaF
It's a pretty thick ship. And it's probably more of the mass than the size that's really nudging the Ghost into Sil 5.

Even Thrawn needs a hand once in a while

I really don't think it's worth getting into trekkie-tier scrutiny with ship proportions from Rebels, one glance at the Tie Fighter is all you need to understand that everything uses toy-friendly proportions.

Speaking of which, pre-Yavin Interceptors, presumably as the "new hotness", and stealing a newer generation of Ys for the firepower. I guess the Lothal (or wherever the fuck they consider themselves based now) cell finally realized they need something other than the Ghost to carry torps.

If it wasn't for the fact Sil5 removes the ability to use a bunch of pilot actions I wouldn't really argue about it. Especially since there is no mods that can restore those abilities (unless one has come out in the last couple supplements).

I think I'm just doomed to have all my favorite ships have odd choices by FFG. Such as the Nova Courier coming stock with two concussion missile launchers (and thus having a high pricetag).

Two missile launchers on a stock civilian courier? I always figured those were part of the Rebel refit thats mentioned in the fluff as part of its Rebel gunship use.

I have a thought; In this image Wedge (If that is him) doesn't look like a kid and in the snippet we get of SS-25 his voice sounds a ton like Ezra's. I wonder if that was actually him talking or if it was an impersonation.

Or the production team got lazy and used the same actor.

The Wedge in the middle looks shorter than normal.

>Tfw everyone is wedge

The Wedge on the right looks more wall-eyed than normal.

Is it just me, or does the guy on the right look slightly Tycho-esque?

ALSO. The trailer. The voice who tells the Rebels about the TIE pilots.

Is it just me, or is that Agent Kallus's voice?

The Wedge in the middle looks like Sabine with a natural hair color.

Maybe that's why he's so good, if everyone is Wedge, then Wedge is responsible for every kill ever made by a rebel starfighter.

Pretty sure that's exactly it. We know she's a former Imp, so who better to go undercover and help sneak them out?

Bonus points for Wedge x Sabine romance subplot to make Ezra jealous.

The Wedge on the left looks more asian than normal.

I'm Wedge... and you are too.

I'm Wedge and so can you!

starwars.com/news/join-the-rebellion
Length: 43.9 meters
Width: 34.2 meters
Height/depth: 14.5 meters
Mystery solved.

There's got to be a better wedge!

Anyone use Oggdudes character gen? Anyone having issues getting older chracters to load in the latest update? Help me your my only hope.

No user. He's both of us, together.

>I want you inside me

>Decide to run a X-Wing tourney
>tired of the standard "kill em all" format
>inform everyone this will not be a standard tourney
>there will be missions and i am going to go out of my way to make sure the standard netlists will have a harder time to encourage some different ships to show up and some out there builds.
>go 4 games long
>instantly after reading the first mission the crowd of netlisting power gaming fuckwads start bitching
>everyone else says it sounds neat
>after first mission everyone said they liked this over standard format save for the core of power gaming dickbags (half of which won anyways with their standard netlists
>after games 2 and 3 even people loosing seam to be enjoying themselves as though they are down on ship count its still close due to the mission
>One of the newer players ended up winning overall because he focused on the mission over all else
>netlisters crying and butthurt they dident sweep the awards yet again.

All in all i think i dun good.

The powergaming dickbags vowed to never play in a tourney i ran again.

Which that hopefully sparked up a higher turn out as the non assholes invite some new players to come that have held off due to neckbeardery.

How dare you not let them compensate for something, user.

sounds cool.
what were the missions?

Nope I thought so too.

Someonealready did a voice modulation on it. It's Kallus.

Most of them were mashed together using the extra missions that come with some of the larger ships.

One of them i put a 3 shot 0 def, 5 hull 3 shield turreted AI station in the middle of the board with some GM set astroides that were not to be moved unless both players consented to the new position.

you could do a "dock action" with a small ship by flying inside a small arch on either side and take control... The docked ships agit was droped to 0 and it could be blow up or fly off on its own (either way the turret reverted to AI)

However if you shot the turret platform while it was under no ones control it would start blasting the ship that shot it and or the closest ship of that players control.

Starring:
>Punished 'Venom' Wedge
>Ezra Bridger
>Sabine 'Revolver' Wren

Wait, according to Aftermath Wedge always hated the empire, was recruited by Asoka/Fulcrum and crashed an A-Wing into a volcano. Now he joins after Fulcrum dies and is already an Imperial.
They're already turning on each other.

Idem Carmen Secundum

Current speculation points to the name Fulcrum being passed around.

Some people analyzed the voice clip of the notification of defecting imperial pilots and claim it sounds like Kallus.. Who has been set up to potentially abandon the empire.

Yeah I reckon he'll either defect or get choked by Darth

Aftermath states Fulcrum to be a "Her"and may have named her as Ahsoka, but I'm not sure

Well now that's a mental image I could have done without, thanks.

I fucking lost it.

Could be some kinda deep-cover job, get rebel sympathizers trained at the academy and hopefully in the position to steal or destroy something worthwhile on the way out. Say ahsoka makes contact with wedge at 17, talks him into this gig, takes her walk into the long cold dark, later her successor as "fulcrum" tells wedge and mystery guy, presumably recruited for the same job that it's go time, and here we are

>Bonus points for Wedge x Sabine romance subplot to make Ezra jealous.
I'd rather have wedge/ezra. Or wedge/ezra/Sabine. Or a hilariously uncomfortable mention of past wedge/ahsoka.

I'd rather have Wedge/Iella. Pls, Disney.

The real size comparison comes when you compare them from all angles. It's a decent deal bigger from flat on but it's like 2 1/2 falcons tall. The Ghost is what happens when you build a shit that actually has it's interior inside of it.

You get Norra Wexley instead :^)

t. Disney

I'd take Wedge/ Mirax

Let's go over all the SJW shit Cuck Wendig brought in;

>Cuckolding sub-plot between Wedge and Norra
>Main character is literally a flaming homosexual
>zhe/zher

It's a small list but it's getting bigger.

Has the cunt managed to learn English without sounding like a 14 year old?

rate my second list i am ever making
Poe Dameron
-R2D2
Ello Asty
-BB8
Tycho Celchu
-PTL
-Chaar

there are still a few points free, so anything you could change or add?

So I was thinking of running a game of EotE online for some of my friends, but I'm having a hard time finding a good dice roller that everyone can see. Any sugestions?

Google Hangouts + game2.ca/eote/
And then if you're into it, you can load up the Roll20 extension in hangsouts as well if you like/use maps.

You can also roll dice directly in Roll20, but you need to pay for the most expensive subscription.

You can call me Wedge!

I can't wait for Wave 3. Gozanti fighter command when?

Got any more stories about power gamers getting salty.

>not Love can Blum
One job!

'Whoever' is telling the Ghost crew about the defecting pilots IS using her callsign.

I want a Wedge/Kettch rivalry.

>according to Aftermath Wedge always hated the empire

All I remember him saying is that the Empire hurt people close to him, in particular 'a girl'. Presumably he could have signed up for the Empire with good intentions a la Biggs and a whole number of Legends characters and ended up defecting due to a rude awakening (the Empire icing his waifu).

>Reading my old comics with Wedge and Biggs on their fun adventures before the Death Star run

Guess that'll never happen now.

I know Ardus Kaine ended up the grand moff of oversector outer, but does anyone have ideas on who would have been other individuals considered for the post, or interested in the post? Trying to spice up a Rebellion campaign with some Imp on Imp intrigue.

Zsinj, Hissa, Disra. Randd and Pandion if nuCanon needed.

This is why I love that Armada builds missions right into its game.

Damn it, now I have to check whether I still have the Armada core set, or if it was one of the things I got rid of during spring cleaning.

I don't suppose anybody is going to question too hard what the dicks they did to Thrawn's eyes.

Nope

I can understand the change with the irises and pupils as eyes with features make it easier to show facial emoting.
The red eye liner is another.

Hey, are the old Galaxy of Fear books any good?

I just remembered the archive on my old PC, hauled it out, got it working again, transferred it all over and now I'm wondering where to start.

I like it. Makes him feel a bit more alien now instead of just a blue human.

And yet we still haven't seen deck plans or something. We (I?) still have no idea whats behind that door in the back of the cargo area. They've never gone through it.

Maybe that is where the bathroom is.

They're okay. Basically Goosebumps in Star Wars.

Hrm, okay, might leave them. Ooh, "Outbound Flight", what's this about?

>We (I?) still have no idea whats behind that door in the back of the cargo area. They've never gone through it.
Haven't they? Isn't that where the Phantom docks?

Zahn trying to retcon HttE with the prequels.

Nope, that is accessed from a small corridor reached by going up the ladder in the lounge on the upper deck.

It's got some pretty awesome Thrawn scenes but it involves the Yuuzhan Vong by proxy and has Sheev say he was prepping for them.

Oh, I confused the cargo bay with the common room.

The eyeliner is odd.

Maybe I should ask Pablo about it when season 3 starts up.

Looking to catch up on nuCanon. Can someone explain why this is so hated?

>Wedge x Sabine starts forming
>Ezra gets jealous
>Ezra gives in to the Darkside, chokes the shit out of Wedge
>Sabine likes bad boys

its writing is bland and its pov is really bad. I was a fan of all the times we weren't following the main cast (we get to hear about slave rebellions and someone taking up the boba fett mantle to scare off crime cartels) but it has the phrase 'The TIE wibbles and wobbles through the air, careening drunkenly across the Myrran rooftops - it zigzags herkily-jerkily out of sight.'
which tells you a bit of the writing quality (though that is notably one of the worse sections)

A lot of people don't like the way it's written (I actually did but I'll admit it's weird). Beyond that the story and characters are pretty meh. And of course there are a few idiots who had a kneejerk reaction to LGBT characters but they can just be ignored.

Personally I think the book was doomed from the start because it's essentially the replacement for Heir to the Empire. It could have been great and it would still have been hated for that fact alone.

I doubt it was intentional, but the Ghost's layout is actually very similar to Serenity's. I'll see if I can dig up a floor plan for comparison

>I was a fan of all the times we weren't following the main cast (we get to hear about slave rebellions and someone taking up the boba fett mantle to scare off crime cartels)

Yeah, I really did enjoy those parts. Coming from someone who did actually like - if not exactly love - the book I almost thing he would have been better off if he'd just made a whole book of short vignettes following Endor. The writing style would probably have worked better for those types of stories as well.

Painfully bad writing, profoundly trash wordbuilding and lousy characterization.
Also the author's fondness for assmangled rants claiming that all criticism of his book is homophobic because he included a badly-written gay character along with all the other badly-written characters

Characters are mediocre, story was mediocre. Writing style was atrocious.
Had gay representation in Sinjir though, and a few background characters. So it's at least progressive, if not good.

It's fine. I always thought the red LED eyes looked stupid on Chiss.

They use a form of facial motion capture on the voice actors to make the character model emote better, which is probably the actual reason for the change, though.

Outbound Flight is the actual best Thrawn book. The Thrawn trilogy is mediocre in comparison.

Though... remember that guy who was Thrawn's ally in court? Mentioned in Vision of the Future as a cunning diplomat and politician? Outbound Flight has him as a man who is spying on Chancellor Palpatine for DARTH SIDIOUS, and honestly cannot tell that they're the same person wearing a hood. Zahn had a bit of fun with that.

Galaxy of FEAR is pretty great, the first book is waaayyy outside of the usual Starwars power level but I can put up with that in exchange for the rest.
>Though... remember that guy who was Thrawn's ally in court? Mentioned in Vision of the Future as a cunning diplomat and politician? Outbound Flight has him as a man who is spying on Chancellor Palpatine for DARTH SIDIOUS, and honestly cannot tell that they're the same person wearing a hood. Zahn had a bit of fun with that.
I thought that was just a bit of roleplay.

This is reason enough to hate Aftermath.

No, nerra's just dumb.

Not only is the wibble wobble herkily-jerkily terrible and should have been nuked by a competent editor, but what the fuck is up with that sentence? It's like ol' Chucky had two equally terrible ways to say "The TIE Fighter limped away" and couldn't decide on either of them, so just mashed them together, making the result worse.

Give Tycho the A-wing test pilot, and something like Rage, Expert Handling (have use it before PtL), Vet Instincts, Outmaneuver, Juke, etc. And autothrusters

>Those glorious ships
>Not pure art.