Why are they so underappreciated? I'd take them or the Squats over another Space Marine Codex any day

Why are they so underappreciated? I'd take them or the Squats over another Space Marine Codex any day.

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Rak'Gol
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because they are barely different to older edition of Tyranids before they gave them some good solid fluff.

They're chaos orks, shit's not diverse or pop enough to have 10 different types of models and 3 super heavies/walkers.

>chaos orks
They actually exist.

>footnote race

Only superjaded hipsters care about any of these enough to shitpost about them. Stompy-foot tantrums like OP's are invariably absent any creative input as well. tl;dr:

OP is a fag.

I bet you play Tau.

And voted Bernie.

Like it or not but the latest fluff says that the Tau ascended to be a major player in the galactic ring.

Because they're boring as fuck, they just go around raiding with really boring tactics (i.e just charge), kill and nick weapons and cybernetics.

Also they have approximately 2 troop types. Big and bigger.

Sure they're cool, but they're a minuscule, boring little backwater race no one gives a fuck about.

Source?

>Warboss Grukk Face-rippa leads a rampage against the Tau Empire! The Tau have seen plenty of conflict during their brief ascension to the status of major player in the far future, and quite a lot of that conflict has been with Orks.

-eWD 108

I bet you play an "interesting" faction like Ultrasmurfs. Rak'Gol have more flavor than you give them credit for.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Rak'Gol

Im not sure whats going on in this thread, since the answer is just simply that they are a FFG origonal race meant for use only in the rpgs. Like they are pretty light on details so you can fill the blanks and make them be what you want them to be (Yu'vath servants/survivors of exterminatus/Newly evolved race - what ever).

Too super serious grimdark.

This

They're a race FFG came up with, the only chance of them getting any traction would be if GW really fell in love with them.

>random alien race that appeared for 1 second in one film.jpg
>Why are they so underappreciated? I'd take them or the Gungans over another Jedi or trooper movie any day

easy, dark eldar slave/mercenary race.

If in doubt, give them to the deldar.

>I bet you play an "interesting" faction like Ultrasmurfs.
No shit user, they actually have interesting fluff, aesthetic, rich history and impact on universe unlike backwater unappealing xenobastards which nobody cares off.

Best, most interesting and underappreciated race coming through.

They're also probably a slave race of unspeakably evil, (probably) extinct eldritch xenos, Their ships are jury-rigged low-tech pieces of shit built around said xenos race's quasi-magical warp drives, and they have a caste who jams said xenos' technology into their bodies to gain psychic abilities.

I actually do want to know more about that spooky space devil from the Cantina scene in New Hope.

>random alien that appeared for 1 second in the tatooine bar scene
>there's an entire wookiepedia page about how it's an ex jedi, bounty hunter, rebel special ops soldier

They couldn't find another alien costume so they went for a devil one. This ended up spawning an entire race. Yes, there's an entire race like that guy.

Googled star wars cantina devil, he's a Devaronian apparently. Some of the lore is a bit dumb, but I like the idea of a random species of space devils.

>Why are they so underappreciated?
Because they're shit.

>with sources for each occupation

How do they do it? Is this the secret power of autism?

holy fuck go shoot yourself in the dick you hipster douchecanoe

So they're unfunny orks?

Hey remember us;we had a fan codex.

without any of the history

People forget that orks, eldar and marines were the only three armies originally.

Go back to playing Destiny faggot

HOW DARE YOU. your flesh will serve greater minds now

Sorry, what was that? Couldn't hear you over the shitty game repairs. Anyway, what are you selling this week?

what are they?

aren't these guys pirates or some shit? the dark eldar should hire them

That's the thing about the Star Wars EU. Even the most minor cameo can be expanded into an entire species & lore. It's a shame that the Rek Gol & Hrud don't get the same.

Far more nuclear. Over half of their shit is dangerously radioactive. Instead of fixing that, they just adapted to it.

There's a difference. Most of Star Wars EU is books, comics and such so adding new species there is not much trouble. On the other hand, the reverse happening in Warhammer, making an army for species that was created for the expanded universe would require making the actual physical models, a rulebook and releasing the new army would be a risky and expensive task.

Writing an extra article about the Devaronians in some "behind the scenes" book for SW wasn't expensive. Drawing a few of them in the occasional comic is likewise simple and does not cost extra money.

Thing is, not all of them need models. Books exist for the 40k universe & all. If they get popular, we end up with a Ciaphas Cain model or something like that.

Well someone clearly doesn't know their Slaught, Destiny didn't invent the worm that walks you know.

The same way loads of Star Wars fluff gets added to the Internet; the straight up make shit up as they want.

It's part of the reason the Star Wars team on the newest film just went 'no, fuck this shit, if it wasn't in a film it's not canon'.

>Cantina players are "Jizz Wailers"
>Jedi Master Bayts
>Jabbas weird monkey is Salacious Bread Crumb
>Death stick dealer is sleazebaggano
>I-ma-gun di
>Whorm Loathsome

Why does the wiki have pages for water? and chairs? as though people don't know what they are?

>what are they?
Plasma space squids that see war as art, and make decisions based on what's more artistic than tactically sound.