imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread
Summer campaign finished already?

Other urls found in this thread:

maxmini.eu/conversion-bits/head-swaps/Tribe-Black-Lotus-heads-bits
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only way Order can be toppled is for Death, Destruction, and Chaos players to unite against it.

repost from last thread:
Still tinkering with a flesheater courts list,thoughts on this?
I originally had a vampire lord instead of the extra varghulf for his command ability.. But I think red fury on my ghoul king would be better so making him my general instead?
Or I can keep the vampire lord and give him the command trait that gives ignore wounds on a 5+ for allegiance trait?

HEROES
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400) - Red Fury, Ring of Immortality
Necromancer (120)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Varghulf Courtier (160)
UNITS
Crypt Ghouls x 30 (300)
Crypt Horrors x 3 (140)
Crypt Horrors x 3 (140)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
Dire Wolves x 10 (120)
FORMATIONS
Abattoir (60)

A semi unrelated question about summoning- do I have to indicate on a list what's held in reserves, or merely that I have a certain amount of points set aside to summon whatever I like?

whats the least played army/faction ? Ogors?

My local GW has only one Death player, and that's the blackshirt. And yet Death are well in the lead with almost half of the store points. Methinks the cheeki breeki may have been giving himself a lot of painting and collecting points...

>Summer campaign finished already?
I still think it's too early to claim that. If Order's been sitting at top spot all the way to hte halfway point then yeah, that lead might be unassailable.

It's not the worst thing though, there were suggestions this would be a bit of a learning experience for GW, so they may do stuff differently in future (split the factions up more, count losses as well as wins so simply playing more games with a faction doesn't mean more points, etc.).

How? It's not like you can "target" your points against Order.

Oh, and the 2nd highest faction is Destruction, played by the store's redshirt assistant.

Perhaps after two weeks if two factions are really lacking they'll come up with some fluff where they unite/ally to take a city

There's no collecting points. Only painting and winning.

Anyone got the image for Dispossessed in the Generals handbook?

Are there also any formations for Dispossessed?

By bullying Order players/

I think some of the reason Order has so many points as well is because of painting score from people buying the new Sylvaneth, as well as the Stormcast Eternals and Fyreslayers being newer ranges.

The other factions have only, in terms of new things, received the Ironjawz, Bloodbound, and Everchosen, and the Everchosen is literally just 3 very expensive model releases.

Depends what you count as a faction. Likely nobody is playing a pure Thunderscorn force.
Ogres are decently popular though. I'd say pure grot armies are probably quite rare.

Currently tossing up between a few chaos factions
Slaves to Darkness
Pestilens/Rotbringers
Bloodbound/Khorne Demons
Which one do people think are the most engaging, as in ones where you have to think on your feet the most?

>Urgronk Wurrteef had a powerful vision from Gork after being hit on the head by a drunken gargant. In it, the greenskin followed a great tree beast walking across the Realm of Life, its savage spirit taking on the shape of Gorkamorka as it smashed apart sylvaneth armies.

>He ranted about the tree creature until, tired of his babbling, his warclan threw him through a Realmgate. As Gork had predicted, Urgronk awoke to find himself in the Jade Kingdoms, and set off in search of the mythical tree monster with his god’s face. In his journeys and battles, other orruks, entranced by his vision, joined his quest. These savage greenskins started bringing Urgronk gifts, including an especially magical bone to use as a staff, and a beast mask carved of heartwood to help him see the signs of Gorkamorka.

>The orruks called Urgronk ‘Splinterfoot’ because he followed in the path of the tree spirit, and soon, his growing army became known as the Splinterfoot Warclan. His quest led the warclan to one bloody battle after another across Ghyran, the vision of the tree beast filling Urgronk’s mind. No matter how many sylvaneth they killed and cut open, he never seemed to find the spirit he was looking for. Each night, Gork sent Urgronk fresh visions, and his boys started calling him a Wurrgog Prophet. All Urgronk wants is to find the tree beast and scoop out its soul.

Being the sylvaneth is suffering.

That probably doesn't help but I doubt it's the main reason. The current spread in the three cities fits pretty much exactly the spread of army distribution from WHFB to AoS.
Order is made up of seven armies from WHFB.
Chaos is made up of four armies from WHFB.
Destruction is made up of two armies from WHFB.
Death is made up of two armies from WHFB.

Adding to that, Order got the most new releases in AoS, Chaos second, destruction only Ironjawz and Death nothing.

Besides Phoenicium, where death is slightly bigger than destruction, the summer campaign simply reflects the selection size of the three Alliances.

>mfw

>No Wurrteef, you are the tree beast.

Are the battalions from the Realmgate Wars campaign books getting matched play points?

Nope, only battalions from Battletomes and website do.

>>He ranted about the tree creature until, tired of his babbling, his warclan threw him through a Realmgate

Why are Orruks so much fun?

Would pure thunderscorn work well though? i have a shaggoth and 6 old dragon ogres lying around.

Clearly Order is the actual position to bully death, destruction and Chaos players.

How does it feel to be a part of the unholy trinity of fuckboi players?

>Pop into TCR GW
>Hard selling as soon as i step in the door
>Had light convo about dice, got my paints and left
Nice staff but their sales tactics fuck me off so goddamn much

How did your stores do lads? mine is pretty close. Chaos winning just.

First time I've looked, holy crap does Order have the advantage. Not sure if I should paint up and play with my Chaos now in hopes of swinging things back, or do my Daughters of Khaine instead to be on the 'winning side'.

my local store

So is it worth using Empire artillery in AoS compared ro handgunners? Because I love artillery.

Chaos confirmed for the local fuckboy faction that gets sandwiched between Order and Destruction. Meanwhile Death watches through a twoway mirror while giving the old bone a rub.

It's pretty spooky round these parts.

You could take a Shaggoth and 5 units of 3 Dragon ogres and have a legal list of 980 pts. Could probably even win a few games but would be crazy boring.

I was just taking them as an example because that guy asked what the least played faction was, which is kind of difficult to answer since there are so many factions that only have one or two unit types.

not so good

Glorious!

Posted this model yesterday as kind of a wip series of my first AoS model.
Got a bit further down the line today, the staff is almost complete, will work on the OSL a bit more, and will try to do some "sparks" inside the cloud.
The upper body/head is mostly complete as well, will have to try and work on some more highlights on the robes, but I don't want to go to bright, its still black´ish afterall. Fixed the bone parts as well.
Whats really left in terms of big jobs, is the base and the skirt, but after that I'm calling it finished!

Left is my local GW, right is my FLGS

hey guys, how come i cant find bretonnian peasant archers on the gdub interwebs?

Bretonnia is kill.

Looks great, I love the eyes and source lighting on the skull

Looks very good, user.

Check the websocket data. I found a store that was clearly punching in false results for order.

Even better!

Treelord Ancient 300

Branchwych 100

Drycha hamadreth 280

Outcasts 40

5x Spite revenants 100

5x Spite revenants 100

5x Spite revenants 100

20x Dryads 240

20x Dryads 240

5x Tree revenants 100

3x Kurnoth hunters 180

3x Kurnoth hunters 180

I was thining of putting scythes on both kurnoth units.

But does this look alright? I know i'm not giving a lot of info arounding it, but i don't know

Whats flesheater courts answer to big gribblies like alarielle glotkin e.t.c.?

Reppin' Chaos (I want order to win two and Destruction/Death to win one. Unlikely tho).

They're out of print along with the rest of the brettonian model range

Where are you seeing the websocket data? I can't find it. And surely the data goes to their server and should be invisible front end?

So is it possible to play one faction, but support another? Like, I play Chaos, but I want order to win?

Also, whats the strongest non-skaven Chaos Faction? Bloodbound? Nurgle rotbringers? A daemons group

Sure, play against order and tank your games.

Glaive or Blade for my Revenant Scion?
I don't know if the +2 attack is really worth it compared to 2 Damage

Both work out to 4 damage

>Also, whats the strongest non-skaven Chaos Faction? Bloodbound? Nurgle rotbringers? A daemons group

I like Tzeentch Daemons personally, but all the gods are reasonably strong in my experience.

I haven't played a game with them yet, but Bloodbound seem strong from their synergies between Heroes and their units. I know nearly every Hero buffs units from their own faction, but Bloodbound seem to get a lot more by using Bloodsecrator, Bloodstoker, and some of the Battalions.

How are the Magic and Relic choices anons?
>Leader
Treelord Ancient: Circlet, Reaping - 300

>Battleline
20x Dryads - 240
20x Dryads - 240
5x Tree Revenants - 100
5x Tree Revenants - 100

>Behemoth
Treelord Ancient: Regrowth - 300

>Other
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Bows - 180
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Bows - 180
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes - 180
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes - 180
--2000 points

In the generals handbook, when they say 2+ battleline, that means two individual units of any size right? I cant have a 40 man grot squad and say im good?

kinda obvious what it means

>american education

I'd personally prefer the blade. As you said the damage averages out but with 4 attacks you're more likely to hit at least one on a bad roll.

if i have two apples and i eat one would i still have two apples?

Yes it seems to be that it has to be that many individual units. I personally don't like that, since it puts the elite style armies at a bit of an advantage over the more blobby choices that have 'bonus if unit is larger than x' rules. It's only really a problem in 1000 pts though so I guess I can live with it.

current local players are favoring 2500 for larger games, since they don't take that much longer than 2k and add some flexibility, with 1k being standard for short games.

C&C on this 2500 list? I know my modelcount is low, but its semi-intentional, order draconis units are battleshock immune within 16" of a noble or lord, and the helms are decent bravery if used in pairs, current plan is to try and keep mobility advantage and aim for a heavy charge.

The Repeaters look kinda out-of-place in a fast mounted force.

So, question, do you think anyone wpuld be up for a Regiments of Reknown Tournament, with the restrictions on Heros and Magics were lifted?

Hm, maybe a shaggoth, 2x3 ogres and a wizard and some chosen/warriors for a 1k/1,5k list as a tzeentch beast list.

Really want to run your Nagash, eh little Timmy?

I just want to run a Exalted hero of Chaos in a smaller game

You'd need to fulfill the battleline restriction with warriors obviously since the dragon ogres wouldn't be battleline anymore.

Depending on what you play against you could run into the same issue I've seen some other elf players face: the lack of rend. Your stuff hits really hard on the charge like most cavalry lists but outside of your heroes and the repeaters you have no rend. Against some blocky lists like stormcasts and nurgle you could face the issue that you fail to deal as much damage as you wish on your charge turn, followed by your guys being slowly grinded down.

It seems to be a bit of a 'all-in' type of list but our Bretonnia player is doing pretty well with something similar, so I might just be overstating the problem.

A Wargrove or a Branchwraith?
Both are 100 points and add something to an army

You can use other chaos units too
Im taking two blocks on clanrats and a block of pink horrors

100 points doesn't really allow for much of a Hero budget, mate. At best, a Crypt Ghast Courtier or Black Ark Fleetmaster would fit (also Packmaster, but why would you do that?). If we say 250 points, choose ONE Hero, or if we do it like Heralds of Ruin for 40k, where the leaders are squad champions with an extra wound, then yes, that'd do. But that'd be one hell of a homebrew.

>not enough data
Normally I'd say Branchwraith as she adds another spell a turn and something more substantial than a bunch of special rules, but depending on the rest of your army and the Wargrove in question, different rules apply.

Do you already have an Ancient and a Branchwhatever and want to add Gnarlroot? Then yes, the Wargrove is better.
Is like half your army made up of Dryads and you want to add Winterleaf? Then yes, the Wargrove is better.
Do you have two units of Tree-Revenants and a bunch of Dryads and want Harvestboon? Definitely do take the Wargrove.
Already have all the requirements for Dreadwood but not yet the Wargrove itself? Add it immediately.
In most other cases, the Branchwraith will give you better mileage though.

>Want to play Dispossessed.

Do they have any formations?

Do I use Longbeards over Warriors?

Holy shit, it's a million times better than it was yesterday. Incredible work!

see + a Spirit of Durthu
Thanks user

Is there any reason to take Karl Franz, Reiko guard knights, etc?

I wanted to have them alongside some demigryph knights and a Battleline of SCE. I like the SCE heroes well enough but none of the General option s astound me the way a gryphon general or KF does.

Reiksguard*

Plus I just like those cavalry modeks better than dracothian. The monopole nature of those kits makes me hesitate.

I'd say take the models you like. You'll enjoy building and painting them more, and you'll enjoy looking at them on the shelf/table more.

This.

>thisisbait.jpg

Sometimes, I'm inches away from getting Stormcasts just to experiment some paintings ideas.

FUKKEN CHECKED

Quints make this true.

I'm thinking about giving them these helmets.
>maxmini.eu/conversion-bits/head-swaps/Tribe-Black-Lotus-heads-bits

Nice digits.

That might look nice, good idea.

There are three formations technically, two in the compendium and one in GA:Order. Except for the artillery formation (which is shit), they are too huge and restrictive to be worth their rules.

You absolutely and definitely use one unit of Longbeards, no ifs, no buts. Whether you take another block of Longbeards or fill your other min battleline choice(s) with Warriors is up to you. After that, you will want Irondrakes and Ironbreakers and one unit of Hammerers. Any leftover points will go into Quarrelers/Thunderers and Heroes.
There is absolutely no shame in using legacy rules either, so Burlokson buffing your Thunderers is not just alright, it's recommended.

Well, you might want to think about removing the second Ancient so you can take a Branchwych and the Gnarlroot, as their resurrection spell is superb with all your Kurnoth Hunters. You could also use the Heartwood, but it's kind of iffy whether the unit recycling falls under the summoning clause or the reinforcement clause and aside from that recycling, Heartwood is just not that good.

Looks great user, but will you be putting more colors on the robes?

Need help with choosing a paint scheme, AGAIN, for my Ironjawz since I cant make up my mind.

Thinking about either doing the black with bone bits, however I am a bit tired of painting black, so I am also thinking about the red and yellow, the orange, the yellow or maybe the blue.

is there any reason not to shove as many starsoul maces as possible into paladin units?

the repeaters are really the only good source of multi-hit rend I have outside swordsmasters or heroes/monsters. I tried to compensate for it by use of "wizard artillery" (mortal wounds from spells and dragonfire) and to give me some shooting options. I'd run ellyrian reavers but I don't have any, and finding plastics from IoB on ebay is proving a pain in the ass.

on the subject of elves, thoughts on glittering host? I don't have a huge number of archers/spearmen, so I'd at most be able to field 2 20-blocks of spears and 2 10-blocks of archers, and they just seem too meh to make the battalion benefits worth it.

see above, repeaters were in there as a source of rend, along with "wizard artillery" for the same problem, thoughts on other ways to handle it? most of what I've got with rend is heroes or 6" infantry that is heavily costed. (10 swordsmasters is 200)

Well that's the dilemma i suppose user:
>Spirit + Heartwood or Wych, Ancient + Gnarlwood
@ 2.5k i'll either have a g2gfast set of Hunters and Durthu or Magic coming out of my ass, yet limited by 1 spell use per phase

Strictly speaking under ideal conditions a lightning hammer can do more damage, but in reality you'll always want the full number of starsoul maces, yeah.

I have a mostly mortal Chaos army, should my WoK Bloodthirster be the general so he can use his command ability for himself, or should I take someone else that will better support the Bloodbound/Slaves elements of the army?

Depends on the paladins
>Retributors
go nuts, max number
>Protectors
the ranges don't mix. Taking maces means you lose attacks when standing behind a shieldwall of Liberators
>Decimators
never ever. You want them to be horde killers. Fixed amount of damage isn't very conducive to that

Well, Heartwood has the added benefit of you not having to change your list much. And the Free Spirits battalion is amazing, especially for its cost.

>3 fucking dragons
>3 wizards
Truly, you have such trouble with you lack of rend, how would you ever manage?

Decimators and protectors don't want them at all. Retributors want as many as they can get.

I should add that that only refers to retributors. Decimators and protectors have different jobs and can't make much use of them at all.

Heartwood it is
Thanks for helping

chill out, that's why I'm posting it for C&C, I don't have as much experience so overcompensation for perceived weakness is likely.

2 of those dragons are unlikely to see direct combat, or will be fighting weaker units as they do not have a decent save and can easily get punked by other units, (drakeseer and archmage are 5+) hard to believe but that's the case. I'm dubious about their ability to cause enough damage if they're first activation to avoid a counterstrike.

the wizards are the replacement for lack of rend, but since I've not run this list I figured I'd ask and see if it worked for others in practice or if unbinding is prevalent enough I might run into issues there.

>check Season of War results for my store
>Order is the weakest faction there
>Chaos second place
>the lone Destruction player has brawled his faction to second place
I am so proud of those guys. Next week I'll help Chaos win some more games

Have they released a unified setting book yet?

I want to learn more about the setting, but the last time I checked, everything was spread out over a ton of books, with very little in the way of a "This is our setting. This is what an Ogor is. This is how the Realms work. Have some history on the world.".

Also, if nothing like that is out yet, is there any idea of when that will come

Not using those dragons in melee is a waste of points. Have them use mobility to hunt warmachines, suport heroes and shooty troops first or tag-team units with your noble on dragon. Activate the drakeseer/archmage first at which your foe must pick between attacking the tough noble in an attempt to bring him down before he attacks, or attack the squishier mage that has already attacked.
You have enough mortal wounds and rend, don't sweat it.