Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Stat these things in the pic and maybe they will come for your party next :3

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aJOovInlk-w
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/plants/griefgall
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard_the_Bowman
lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Bard_the_Bowman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=aJOovInlk-w

Come all you autist men
Listen to me
I'll sing you a song of the 'shit Mysteries

And its TRAP-FILLED VEIL LISTS, boys
NO PLAYTESTING, boys
When it uploads
We'll bantz together, boys

There's a race here with
Plus 4 Int and flight
Thick-headed Ssalarn, boys, publish he goes!

Ugh, shitpost OP.

Of the Optional/Variant Campaign Rules, are there any that just make the game better as a whole, or are they all mostly just personal preference choices?

How fetishy is this monster? It seems perfect for getting through a paladin's saves and immunities to mind control and tentacle rape them.

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/plants/griefgall
>Parasitize (Su)

>As a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity, a griefgall can implant itself or a seedling inside an adjacent helpless or willing humanoid's throat.

>An implanted seedling becomes a fully grown griefgall in 1 minute, during which time the seedling can be removed by a creature other than the target with a successful DC 20 Heal check. An implanted griefgall's filaments infiltrate the host's nervous system, controlling the host as dominate person. This control is not prevented by protection from evil or similar effects, nor does the host receive saving throws to resist control. Each day, the griefgall deals 1d2 points of Charisma damage to its host by feeding on its emotions.

>The griefgall shares the same space as its host without detriment to either, uses its flowers to see and hear, and can attack independently of its host, including with its tendrils from within the host's mouth.

Would you play an usagimimi aurora soul mystic who crafts everything, even magical dresses and skirts for himself?

Apparently fetishy enough for you to like it.

Is it true that /pfg/ is "Magical Realm General"?

Just read what's already been posted so far. Not even a dozen replies in and it should be pretty obvious...

I hang out in both pfg and 5eg, and holy crap is pfg the magicallest realm in the kingdom

I find more fetish fuel in /pfg/ than I do in /d/.

Ironically, I also found a better gaming group in /d/ than I ever did in /pfg/

The two races adjacent to blinklings in Bloodforge:

Alicorn:
>Alicorns are a rare and magical kind of halfbreed - the children of elves and unicorns. Their conception is rare and often aided by magic, and many generations of elves see no alicorns at all, or what few alicorns do exist remain in the wilderness with their parents who are, more often than not, an elven druid or ranger and their unicorn mate.

Decataur:
>Elves and centaurs dwell very closely to each other, often within the same forests, and it is not necessarily a surprise that romances develop every so often between open-minded individuals on both sides. Decataurs are both the children of such unions and the descendants of those children, a half-breed race that also runs in its own herds. Though less numerous than either of their parent races, decataurs have a society of their own, usually existing as part of elven nations or within centaur-controlled lands.

So not only do halflings bone blink dogs, but elves bang unicorns and centaurs too?

Gee, Gareth, you sure love some kinky stuff...

>tfw elves literally fuck horses

It's a long honored tradition, unlike, you know, banging dogs.

Pathfinder has two groups of players:

The first group of players are the ones that want typical fantasy adventures full of swords and magic and overcoming dragons and demons and ancient necromancers. For some reason this group hasn't updated to DnD 5th Edition even though it's VASTLY superior as a game. My personal opinion is that they spent so long mastering PF's convoluted rules that they're either afraid of the effort of doing it again with a new system (even though 5e isn't nearly as much of a mess) or are afraid of not knowing how to make a better character than everyone else.

The second group are players who don't really care what the game is about, they just wana play female kitsune who are really boys, 12 year old cat girls, and kobolds with tentacles.

The first group is rapidly shrinking as people find better games. The second group is rapidly growing as Paizo publishes expansion material on the fur races and weeaboo anime bullshit which said group uses to justify being "that" guy in Pathfinder while every other game tells them to knock that shit off. You hardly see ANY Magical Realm shit in 5e General.

All that being said, I'm still stuck playing Pathfinder because my IRL game group won't play anything else.

Do alicorns have horsedicks, /pfg/?

Let me tell you a secret.

That's not a horn.

>A young alicorn tends to be awkward, and grows into grace later in life. Their bodies are extremely expressive; alicorn eyes shift color to match their moods, and they have remarkable control of their ears, being able to swivel and fold them. In most cases, an alicorn’s emotional state is written on their sleeve for all to see, and as a result most alicorns don’t bother attempting deception and deal with others honestly.

Alicorns have color-changing eyes and prehensile ears, like a DeviantArt OC.

>Paizo

I think you mean DSP.

Alicorns are bipedal. Decataurs are the ones with the horse bodies.

>Alicorns are bipedal. Decataurs are the ones with the horse bodies.
I didn't ask about horse bodies.

Tell me what you think /pfg/.

For barbarian, fighter, monk and rogue archetypes that replace the same class feature, up to three such archetypes can be taken together at once.

Kestrels! Halfling + harpy.

>Eventually, as the presence of harpies became simply part of the settlement, the first kestrels were born.

>APPEARANCE
>Kestrels look mostly like someone crossed a halfling with a bird; their legs are feathered and end in sharp talons, and they have large, vulture-like wings which may sprout from their shoulders or be attached to their arms (kestrel children learn early on how to combine gliding and tool use, lest they be saddled with embarrassing nicknames). Kestrels have large feathered tails to aid in flight, and may have feathers instead of hair. Dark-colored hair, feathers, and eyes are exceedingly dominant, with rare specimens being a light gray instead of brown or black. Kestrel have beautiful, many-layered voices that are capable of hitting a wide range of musical notes.

>Kestrels tend to dress lightly - they have to be able to glide and fly, after all - and favor coloring their skin or feathers to accessorizing. Light armor is popular with kestrel warriors, as is ranged weaponry. It is exceedingly rare to see a kestrel that is less than fastidiously groomed.

Fun-sized mini-harpy singers who "dress lightly" and keep themselves "fastidiously groomed." Would you take one as a pet, /pfg/?

Alright so apparently large sized weapons and armor cost twice as much but how about huge and gargantuan? Will they be x4 and x8 respectively or does the pricing stop at large?

How does that even work? Do you just pick of the three replacements you actually want?

2hu, I can't tell if this is Gareth-bait, or if you're trying to finally move us on from blinkling shotas, but either way, thanks.

Also what about masterwork, do you apply the cost for masterwork before or after you mod the price?

That isn't 2hu.

I found my gaming group on a hentai forum. It seems people who regularly partake in their magical realms manage to "get it out of their system" so to speak. Then when game night comes around, they don't have the overwhelming urge to fetishize everything bursting at the seams to get out and bastardize the game.

Can I breed an Alicorn and a Decataur together? What about a Kestrel and a Blinkling?

Why stop there, cross a Decataur and a Blinkling, get you one with a knot AND a flare.

I was personally invited into my group rather than finding it anywhere.
And our games are amazingly tasteful. Lewds are exceedingly rare and approached very carefully when they do happen, though we do have lewd jokes fairly often.

Elves also get hot under the collar with nagas.

Sthein:
>The assistants who stay are almost universally elves, as their long life aids in sympathizing with the naga’s own experiences. In turn, the long-lived (even to an elf) naga find lasting companionship for the first time in hundreds of years. This companionship - along with the royal naga’s natural shapeshifting - sometimes leads to offspring, the elf-naga crossbreed known as the sthein.

>APPEARANCE
>The sthein resembles a well-muscled but slim elf up from the waist; below that is a sinuous serpentine body. The scales that cover their lower portion are usually of a pearlescent hue; their upper bodies are also usually oddly colored. Sthein have a fearsome visage. Their skin is usually a color on the scale between green and blue, with eyes a solid yellow, green, or white and coupled with the sharp fangs of their naga parentage, outsiders tend to view sthein as demonic creatures. This couldn’t be further from the truth, however, and they like to keep their scales gleaming and their hair well-kept in an effort to combat their often horrific appearance.

>Sthein favor their humanoid forms for the most part, feeling uncomfortable around others in their serpentine form. They often try to pass themselves off as odd-looking elves.

Classic naga/lamia folk. Why does /pfg/ need a lamia race in the pastebin when we have these?

Trixies, though. Gnomes and pixies don't fuck, they just become such good friends they vomit up a seed, plant it, and a kid grows. It's like a lie you tell your kids!

Yeah, basically you just ignore the fact the archetype is replacing the same class feature and take the archetype benefit regardless.

The wulfkin are the living incarnation of /pfg/ awooo memes.

>It’s rare, but sometimes a humanoid joins the winter wolf’s pack. Almost inevitably theses are savage, evil humanoids - exiles from barbaric tribes, malicious rangers, or dark druids that call the tundras home. Integrating into the pack is difficult, but in rare and exceptional circumstances, the humanoid not only survives but thrives, proving their strength and their right to rule alongside, or even above, the winter wolf. If both are of an open enough mind, they join together as mates.

>Wulfkin are the rare and empowered children of these packs, the sons of snowfall. Driven out by their parents as a threat to their dominance, wulfkin are forced to find their own place in a world that not only despises their origins, but suspects them of the evil which gave rise to their life.

Remember, Greta is an exception! Most winter wolves CANNOT take on humanoid form!

>Humanoid Heritage: At first level a wulfkin must choose from the dwarf, elf, gnome, halfling, or human subtype. They gain the chosen subtype in addition to any other subtypes they possess.

Dwarves, elves, gnomes, halflings, AND humans all like to make winter wolves go aw-aw-awooo. Winter wolves are popular after all!

That entire book reads like someone was furiously masterbating whilst writing it and sniffing panties, and wheezing asthmatically.

John Pathfinder here, in the Pathfinder 2e we'll be making soon, we've decided to make races more modular in order to better support animal hybrids. From now on, fluffy animal ears
come together with -2 Con. Fluffy animal tails come with -1 skill point/hd. Different-colored eyes can also be chosen, they come with -1 attack and AC. And every time you raise your hands and they're curled up like paws, you take 1 point of intelligence damage. I hope you are looking forward to this new and more flexible Pathfinder as much as we are.

Mr. Pathfinder, sir! What options do you have for those of us whose builds require the One Single Fang?

The masterwork cost is a flat +300gp added to the price of the weapon, so it's the same for all sizes.

> VASTLY superior

Unless you want to build a character that's not identical to every other one in their class/archetype, or gods forbid, actually receive magic items on a regular basis.

You know, I run a 5e game twice a week now, and I give out magic items like candy. The game balance doesn't give a shit about fun or cool items, it only cares about powerful items, the kind of shit you wouldn't get until high level in pathfinder, either. If +1s and +3s are so important to you that you won't even try the best TTRPG system to hit the mainstream since 2e, you know what, you _deserve_ Pathfinder.

No, that's 100% definitely 2hu.

We haven't upgraded because we both like the Path of War Subsystem and don't like the bounded scaling of 5e.

Bounded Accuracy is literally one of the absolute best things to happen to DnD. The only people who have a problem with it are min-maxers who don't like that they can't cheese their way past the entire AC system by collecting enough +1 effects.

Bounded accuracy would work for D&D if they didn't also shove in balors, pit fiends, etc. etc. as if it was still superhero fantasy.

5e is the first edition of D&D where balors, pit fiends, etc. etc. can be taken down by a few dozen peasant scouts using the MOB rules.

Nah, man. Bounded accuracy is fucking shit. It means scrublord level 1s still have a chance to hit my elite level 17 ass.

I'm still trying to get my group to move to Exalted, because it's honestly a better system for the games we play, but they all know d20 too well and don't want to fix what isn't broken.

Yeah, it's not like one of the most iconic works of fiction in the history of man ended with some random level 1 or 2 archer getting off a lucky shot and killing an elder dragon.

That kind of shit is GOOD.

MOB rules are pretty retarded, you got me there.

Yes, because when you reach level 17 clearly your elite high level ass turns into diamond and and a lowly level one could never possibly wound it even if they stand there swinging a battleaxe directly at it repeatedly. You know, just like how in anime you can be slammed directly into a boulder so hard you shatter it and take it no damage if you're strong enough!

>Stop having badwrong fun! It's BAD and WRONG.

...Could you be more of a hypocrite

Bard the bowman was a legendary hero (with heroic ubermensch blood) using a legendary weapon.

Not a few dozen peasant archers.

Reading comprehension fail.

>legendary hero
He was a guard captain. He'd be lucky to have class levels.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard_the_Bowman
lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Bard_the_Bowman

Also a descendant of the Lords of Dale with access to a legendary artifact.

He was a guard captain with a slayer arrow and probably burned a fate point.

The black arrow was one that always killed its target and was always recoverable - that's some bloody magic right there.

Sure, for example he could have willingly went into a general thread and then started bitching about the subject of said general thread and then started acting all offended when the other people in said thread didn't lay roses at his feet for kindly letting them know that he doesn't like the same thing they all do.

Bloodline has nothing to do with class levels.

The Black Arrow explicitly did NOT always kill its target, it was just unbreakable, which, while technically a magical property, is pretty irrelevant to killing a dragon in one shot.

>Your Guard Captains aren't at least 10th level fighters with maxed ranks in perception and sense motive.

How does your society function?

Our Guard Captains are 10th level - setting maximum - Vampires in an initiating class with full points in perception and sense motive. They need to be in order to keep the populace in check. How does your society function when any scrub adventurer could just roll on into town, murder the watch and take his choice of the local noblewomen as his warbride?

It's almost like that's exactly the point of bounded accuracy, that scrub guardsman in sufficient numbers can overcome sheer levels. It's almost like that's literally the exact conversation we're having.

Personally, my issue with bounded accuracy isn't combat (I'm fine with what it does to combat), but what it does to skills.

5e's yawning, all-consuming void where skill rules is is a problem for the game. Sure, the DM can fix it, but it's shitty that they outright FORCE the DM to either invent his own skill system, or force the players to play mother-may-I with skill checks.

As seen here 5th edition guy is clearly disparaging the power level differances in Pathfinder characters, which is what the Pathfinder guy actualy wants as seen here . As 5th edition guy is the one that takes the mocking tone about the higher power level, and by extension those that enjoy such things, I see no reason why "le badwrongfun maymay" would not be perfectly applicable.

No, the Guardsmen are all scrubs who are only good for keeping peasants in line.

The Guard Captain, though, he and the dude he's grooming to be his successor are enough of a beast that you have to weigh the options - do we risk dying, or do we obey the laws. As is his function.

TL;DR: Fuck back off to 5e general so you can blow bounded accuracy's thick, meaty cock, since you love it so much.

I understand this complaint, though personally, I enjoy that the skill system is as rules-light as possible. d20 skill systems have always been a mess, so the RAW staying as far away from it as possible is a big plus to me, and I don't mind assigning DCs on the fly, nor do my players mind trying to figure out how to apply whatever relevant skill they may have

I just wish that they had made the skill system rules-light, but functional. They were already using FATE Points; they could have done something similar to FATE's rolls with skills and gotten a very simple, lightweight way to run it that didn't have the problems with bounded accuracy.

But they didn't, and we have this mess. In a good group, it's fine, but in a bad group it's a nightmare, and there's no way to tell how skills will work without sitting down your DM to discuss it.

It makes actually enjoying the game's mechanics quite hard when I literally can't theorycraft it.

What is there to theorycraft about 5e skills? They're completely binary, either you're good at something or you aren't. If you're a rogue or bard, you're double good at a couple.

If you want to talk about your titties and dragons edition, go to 5e General, please.

Can someone explain the fluff behind a Witch and their powers? I'm still unclear on it. Like... why the fuck do the Witch-patrons give Witches their powers? To what end? They aren't like Clerics and misbehavior won't get their powers slapped away.

Like, how do witches even happen? Wizards go to school, Sorcerers presumably have some kind of X-men style awakening of their powers and so on, but what about Witches? How does a Witch go from average shlub to Witch?

That's true, but I meant as far as the base design goes the original idea was, I assume, huge damage at basically no cost in exchange for only working in a target-rich environment. Sort of how like a Rogue gets good damage but only under specific circumstances. Flying workarounds aside.

>implying pathfinder isn't at least 8000% tittier

It's literally a total mystery. The idea is that, whatever a witch does, it's advancing the cause of her mysterious, anonymous patron in some way. She's predestined to always be fitting into its schemes.

I'll give you Pathfinder has more fetish bait, but I meant it in the sense of 5e being better suited to run a game in HBO/GRRM's Tits and Dragons setting. Which is FINE, but this is not the place to suck its cock like its the best thing since sliced bread.

Why did you like back when you can look right at the OP of this very thread? This place is dead.

In DSP Pathfinder, guard captains are level 9 PC-classers.

Guard veterans are level 6 PC-classers.

Generic town guards are level 2 PC-classers.

These were all written by Gareth.

>Heroic Guards?

>Town watchmen or city guards have often been represented as warriors or fighters, and usually have NPC class levels rather than heroic class levels. We’ve chosen to create heroic guards partially because these foes will frequently threaten the interests and activities of the player characters in a vampire-themed campaign, and because most NPC classes do not have the basic skills necessary for effective law enforcement. Especially because these NPCs must threaten the player characters in methods besides straight combat (such as by investigating their crimes or threatening a carefully-constructed front the vampires maintain to conceal their undeath), it is important that they have the ability to effectively do so and to represent the threat that mortals pose to vampires. After all, there’s got to be some reason that mortal society is not overrun with undead overlords.

>After all, there’s got to be some reason that mortal society is not overrun with undead overlords.
Adventurers?

look back*

can you help me building a bard who demoralizes foes and helps friends?( 25 points build, no 3rd p)

They didn't look back, that's from a completely different thread.

Other threads discuss how degenerate this place is. Damn.

The default assumption is that they're not common enough to really stop something like that.

Regularly. We're a laughingstock. Especially this summer, because newfags hear our rep and assume it's the intention of the thread.

And when they do come up, adventurers rise to purge them.

Which threads?

Random threads on random topics. Those ones are from a thread about playing pacifistic or innocent characters.

>tfw you realize you're a regular on a goddamn containment thread

Gareth's own quest on this board (where he writes as Vox) is directly inspired by Monstergirl Quest and Monstergirl Encyclopedia.

So, both, basically.

I thought he said it was inspired by Faerun's Undermountain?

How did we end up being a containment thread? Where did we go wrong?

What the hell?

I thought it was about necromancers and shit. That's what I thought when I saw bits and pieces browsing the board.

It's pretty obvious, in retrospect. We've been hemorrhaging grognards to 5e for years, and Paizo's writing for the PFS crowd, so 3pp has nothing left but otaku and perverts left to cater to. Which is us.

>2016
>Still playing Pathfinder

>3pp has nothing left but otaku and perverts left to cater to
Hence, Bloodforge and shit like Augunas's book about his fursona.

I'll move on when 5e gets initiation and point based spellcasting.

DESU I think e5 is too simple. I kept watching my more normal friends move to it but I've refused to play it because urrr durrr every character ends up being the same. There's a glaring lack of character diversity in terms of specs and that sorta annoys me. That's why.

You.. know it had point-based spellcasting from the start, right? That's the Sorcerer's basic schtick. And the Warlock, sort of.

>YOU CAN ONLY GO THIS FAR AND NO FURTHER.

Fuck your closed ended systems.

To me, half the fun of a TTRPG is character optimisation and crunch.
Therefore, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like 5e.

>hat's the Sorcerer's basic schtick
No it isn't I see nothing about casting spells with points on the sorcerer page. Granted I'm looking online. They're still vancian casters.

Sorcery points, mate. It's obfuscated so the grognards don't grump, but it's basically just point-based casting.

>Implying 5e isn't just d20 shit the same as PF
Keep it casual, Pathfaggers.

Does /pfg/ still love kitsune or are they old and tired compared to more monstrous races now?

Blade of Mercy + Enforcer = "demoralizes foes"
Or, if you wish to avoid melee, you can just demoralize as an action. Whenever you'll get free to spare
everything else in bard = "helps friends"